Clara's Sacrifice Ch. 04

Story Info
Clara And Duchess Take On A Group Of Goblins At The Brothel.
9.6k words
4.73
1.6k
4

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 05/29/2024
Created 01/22/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few days followed the night of the revelation that had caused such a pit of dread for Clara, and the worry she felt had only grown more potent with each day that passed.

Just like the other races before arriving in Greater Hichin, Clara's only knowledge of the orcs came through stories she had heard from the more adventurous residents of her village. Orcs hailed from Veishuk, a country located far from the shores of Hichin, supposedly surrounded by a constant swirling storm that made any journey to its rocky shores a perilous one. The actual land that the orcs lived and thrived on was a thick jungle of sorts, packed with the types of predators that would have made life hellish for those unfamiliar with them, true throwbacks to a bygone era for the wider continent.

It was precisely those conditions that enabled the orcs to become the fearsome beings they were known as, forced to adapt and dominate the predators they lived amongst to maintain their place at the top of the food scale, building some semblance of a functioning society deep within the bogs they were native to. Once they had achieved dominance, it didn't take long for internal quarrels to break out, with competing leaders dragging the species back into the peril they faced when their place in Veishuk wasn't as guaranteed as it became. When the fighting became too vicious, the orcs had no real alternative but to break themselves up into like-minded tribes, led by chieftains with their own agendas and ambitions.

Some tribes gave up the need to compete Veishuk for the most part, setting their sights to the lands they suspected existed far across the the oceans that left their country almost completely isolated. It took a few decades of trial and error to build ships capable of sustaining the heavy blows the foreboding waves dealt them with. Their ships required hulls that could withstand heavy contact with the jagged rocks that rose from the surrounding sea beds, along with a bow reinforced enough to allow the vessels to ram through the undulating waves that threatened to throw them back to the shore.

Once the first few orc-manned vessels successfully navigated their way through the various elements that had kept them trapped on, the orcs soon exerted the strength they had developed over the centuries. The first vessels to encounter them were unsurprisingly ill equipped to deal with the newly discovered species, both in terms of physical strength and the stamina needed to withstand an extended battle with the seemingly unstoppable orcs. Hijacking cargo and forcibly adding ships to their ever expanding fleet turned them from a nuisance in the farthest regions of the charted maps to a genuine force to be reckoned with.

The emergence of the orcs marked the start of the Single Century War, a vicious period of history for all those involved, and by far one of the bloodiest and prolonged conflicts the continent had ever suffered through. Raids and skirmishes became an all too common occurrence, with the orcs always willing to sail head first into battles that would have seemed almost suicidal to any of the other races. But the allure of the pleasures the orcs had never had on Veishuk only made them more willing to take what was once impossibly far out of reach.

The humans took the largest brunt of the insatiable appetite of the orcs, with elvin society keeping themselves firmly detached from the war. Valuable trade shipments were constantly intercepted and stripped clean of their valuables, women were captured and forcibly transported back to Veishuk to be divided up amongst the various tribal leaders, a highly effective method of preventing the same internal conflicts that once threatened them from bubbling back up to the surface.

The conflict came to a head following the capture and enslavement of Queen Lusiara of Marris, an event that had occurred when the Queen and her entourage had set sail for Hichin as part of a diplomatic mission intended to align the landed nations against the orcs. The enslavement of the beautiful Queen was considered a step too far, one that rallied the war torn nations against the orcs in a way the green skinned species had never seen. A final battle in the Hichin Sea saw the amassed armadas of Hichin, Shishem, and Marris dealing a blow to to the orc fleet that finally brought the war to a close, with both sides forced to lick their long earned wounds and enter into a very fragile peace arrangement.

Queen Lusiara was finally returned to her kingdom after almost a year of captivity. For the sake of safeguarding the peace agreement, the full details of what had been done to her had been a secret kept by the Queen herself and her closest associates, keeping her subjects in the dark to prevent any reprisals that would reignite the conflict. Even after the two centuries that followed the war, rumours persisted in relation to what Queen Lusiara had experienced during her enslavement, with some more derogatory stories suggesting that she had given birth to the offspring of War Chieftain Bulvir, the final fleet master of the war time orc armada.

It took time for trade agreements and a bargaining system to be developed between the orcs and the other nations, and it took far longer to dissuade the majority of the orc tribes to desist with the occasional shipment raid. But with Veishuk being rich in minerals and species of animals that were virtually non-existent in the main continent, even the orcs couldn't deny that the exchange of Hechin goods provided them with far more consistency, rather than having to rely on the pillaging of weak targets. Some tribes continued with their conquerous ways, but a semi-centralised government established by the powerful chieftains just about managed to keep such activities either contained or well concealed.

Despite a near full stop being enforced upon the orcs and their penchant for forcibly integrating human women into their tribes, Clara knew that their bottomless desire for beautiful women belonging to the other races could never be dampened, a fact that Madame Kadjia used to her full advantage. Most Hichin brothels outright refused to allow non-humans to cross their thresholds, with a zero tolerance on orcs in particular, stemming from the raucous behaviour that came whenever they were in such close proximity to a line of beautiful women and half a dozen barrels of mead and ale. What should have been cause for caution instead presented itself as a business opportunity for the venturous madame, a gap in the market that The Mare alone could fill, with Kadjia's own first-hand experience with the orcs providing her with some idea of how to enforce a form of crowd control.

Despite Scarlett and Margot's best efforts to reassure her that Madame Kadjia would never force her to do something she truly felt uncomfortable with, Clara was aware of her appeal to the non-human patrons that frequented the brothel. On more than one occasion, Clara had to turn down offers from the goblins who always brought a suspicious amount of coins with them during their visits despite their wretched appearance. Duchess was always more than willing to satisfy the bulk of the attention of the beings most of the other girls remained wary of, with L'indrill and a few others pitching in to assist her. But when it came to the rare nights where the brothel was ram-packed by an overwhelming majority of non-humans, it was at least implied that every girl would try and take her fair share of the workload, regardless of their own prejudices.

As deeply worried as Clara was by the prospect, she still couldn't deny that there was just the slightest sliver of exhilaration that shone through her fear. Just like her encounter with the merchant in the market, it was yet another moment since her arrival in Greater Hichin where her innocence would be chipped away. A nervous smile would reach her lips when she considered just how much her outlook on her own life had changed within such a short period of time. Not too long before joining the brothel, she was still carrying out mundane, repetitive tasks on her family's farm, working from the early hours of the morning to the descent of the sun beyond the verdant hills that encircled her modest village. Her clothes were more akin to rags, having to be mended and repaired whenever the fabric became frayed and ratty.

But since joining The Mare, Clara had become anything but the raggedy farm girl she once was. Though she had been hesitant to wear the sort of clothes that were the standard for Kadjia's brothel girls, Clara had soon come to enjoy the sense of glamour they brought, accentuating parading every inch of the body that had spent so much time being hidden behind baggy sack-cloth dresses. The same could be said about her approach to her customers. She was no longer the hesitant girl who would lay back and let the client get their cheap thrill, Clara had developed her natural talents, utilising them in a manner that made her stand out based on allure and beauty.

But even Clara had to wonder if being anywhere near an orc was just a step too far. The stories of their behaviour and need to dominate the races they viewed as lesser only made the already physically intimidating beings far more terrifying, especially to a girl who spent the majority of her life in the wearisome countryside. Clara knew she was improving, but still lacked the seductive eagerness of Scarlett or Duchess's aloof composure. If she stood any chance of holding her nerve when the night in question finally arrived, Clara wanted to make sure was as prepared as she could be.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The morning glow poured through the curtains of Clara's bedroom, illuminating the modest decorations she had acquired during her most recent visits to the marketplace, a number of which had been boldly exchanged for Clara's very personal form of payment. Clara grabbed a silver Oipich silk dressing gown and tied the thin sash around her thin waist, wincing as the effects of the busy night caught up with her. With the pangs of hunger making themselves known, Clara decided to put stop putting off her desire to seek out Scarlett for help, unwilling to delay the inevitable any longer.

Clara slowly wandered back downstairs, careful not to aggravate her sore leg muscles any further. Timidly stepping into the large dining room, Clara's eyes quickly locked onto a familiar vermilion head of hair, sat near the furthest end, giving both L'indrill and herself a perfect view of the sun's rays reflecting off of the gently swaying ocean water. Clara noticed that L'indrill appeared to be in a similar disordered condition, with her rich locks bunched into a messy knot, though the ethereal shine wasn't lessened. Gathering a few items onto a small ceramic plate, Clara weaved through the chairs and tables that occupied much of the floor space, returning Scarlett's pearly white smile as she slid into an empty seat.

"Someone looks like they had a busy night," Scarlett winked, taking a few delicate bites of toast. "You must have made a small fortune, Clara. You barely had enough time to walk on stage before some desperate customer dragged you back upstairs."

"Already going for the record in such a short period of time," L'indrill smiled knowingly, not looking up as she jotted yet another entry down into her journal, scratching away with her quill as she recounted yet another night of tawdry encounters. "You've taken to this line of work like a swan to water."

"I'm glad that I've made an impression... " Clara smiled weakly, absentmindedly poking her food with her fork, listening to the ringing of a ship bell as the vessel navigated it's way out of the harbour.

"Clara, are you alright?" Scarlett asked in concern. "You drifted off there. You didn't get a bad client, did you?"

"No, nothing like that," Clara sighed, realising there would be no avoiding the topic, "it's just about... the orcs."

"Ah," Scarlett nodded sympathetically, setting her plate aside, "I had a feeling that was playing on your mind. It's nothing to be embarrassed about, almost every girl that's worked here has felt the same way at some point. Well, apart from L'indrill."

"I couldn't wait to take my first orc to bed," L'indrill breathed, quickly finding herself lost in the memory, "the brutes have always had a fascination for my people. Our beauty is renowned, and our rarity beyond the elvin borders only enhances our allure. Unlike humans, our interaction with the orcs has been incredibly limited, but they quickly developed a powerful taste for elvin women. I've never bedded an orc that hasn't tried his hardest to reduce me to a quivering mess, they are a relentless species."

"I know, I've heard the sounds that came from your bedroom during their last visit," Scarlett laughed, turning back towards a still unconvinced Clara, "L'indrill is a rarity amongst her people, an elf that actually enjoys being brought to heel. But few of us are as enthusiastic about the greenskins when they turn up."

"You mean you don't... " Clara blushed, deciding to simply point a finger to the bedrooms above, "with them?"

"Occasionally, but just enough to satisfy Kadjia's quota. I'm sorry, Clara, but I'm not really the most experienced with them, I prefer my men not to be almost twice the size, it makes it a bit too difficult to handle them," Scarlett shrugged, "and L'indrill is far more focused on the scientific aspect of the orc mating ritual."

"Oh," Clara looked down, suddenly feeling more lost than ever. "Then who could I talk to?"

"There's Kadjia herself, but she doesn't really make a habit of discussing the days when she was still just a working girl," Scarlett answered, before turning her emerald eyes in the direction of the one woman who had an in-depth experience with creatures of all shapes and sizes. "But if you truly need someone who can prepare you for a night with the greenskins, then there is no woman more knowledgeable on this continent than Duchess."

Clara turned around, easily finding the distinctive beauty as she slotted a bookmark into her thick tome, rising back to her feet to return to her own room. Hiding a weary sigh, Clara thanked Scarlett and made her own departure, coming to terms with the fact that a simple bit of guidance had rapidly become an ordeal.

Clara waited a few minutes before making her move, saying her goodbyes to Scarlett and L'indrill when she abruptly rose back to her feet.

Her journey across the dining hall was a slow one, a deliberate act to try and give herself enough time to consider what she would say to a woman she had never exchanged a single word with since joining the brothel. Up until the discovery of Duchess's former life, Clara had been quite convinced that the raven-haired woman was a mute, or at least dedicated to maintaining an extreme degree of privacy. Realising that the former had been the most accurate of the two, it only furthered her fascination with the woman, despite how intimidating Clara found her.

A part of the mystery surrounding Duchess had been revealed to Clara, but the former farm girl knew there was still more to the aristocrat. As hesitant as she was to introduce herself in a personal manner -- with the exception of spotting her in the throes of intercourse -- Clara felt the tingling of excitement. Aside from Kadjia, Duchess was by far the most experienced member of the brothel, possessing a wealth of knowledge few could come close to, an untapped source whose experience Clara hoped she could benefit from.

Heading up the winding staircase, Clara cautiously crept along the familiar corridor, thankful for the carpeted floor's ability to soften her steps. She stepped up to the door to Duchess's bedroom, which had a rich black lacquer finish, off-set by a gleaming brass doorknob. Clara held her breath, lifting her knuckles towards it, giving it the gentlest of knocks, waiting for any sort of response. When no such response came, Clara tried again, then made a third attempt after that, with no luck.

Convinced that there would be no way to convince the woman within to permit her entry, Clara made the reluctant decision to concede defeat, formulating a list of things she could ask the others about, hoping she could compile a list of things that could help her cope in some way when the beasts inevitably arrived at the old dock. But a final glance at the door offered a glimmer of hope, coming in the form of a sliver of golden light appearing from a crack between the door and its frame.

Reasoning that Duchess must have forgotten to lock the door, a thought popped into Clara's mind. Instead of making a retreat, she could step inside and see if she could meet with the room's owner face to face, even if it meant she received a more blunt rejection. But given how private Duchess could be, Clara couldn't allow herself to intrude upon her, violating her privacy in such a manner. Yet, Clara found her hand pressing against the door, working almost of its own accord as it gave a light shove, enough to force the door open.

The nervous girl took her first step into the room she had passed so frequently, taking in the true sight of it. Though she had seen the room on an almost daily basis, she had never really paid much attention to the aesthetics of it, usually distracted by the scenes of Duchess being taken in all manner of positions by the most wretched beings that inhabited Hichin. Tip-toeing further inside, Clara looked around, inspecting the various trinkets resting on the bedside tables, glancing up at the valuable paintings covering the walls. It was clearly a bedroom belonged a woman with taste, someone who had turned it into a home for herself, organised right down to the position of the furniture.

Purple silk sheets covered the expansive bed, with gold floral piping running along the edges. Unlike Clara's room, the floor was covered by a cream coloured carpet, thin enough to make it easy to walk on and easy enough to clean after a night of wild behaviour. A single chandelier loomed over the bed, forged from black iron, with crystal droplets dangling from each of the arms that extended away from the central structure. White wallpaper with black detailing gave the bedroom a high-class appearance, one that wouldn't have appeared out of place in the manors that could be found in upper Hichin.

Letting curiosity get the better of her, Clara moved deeper into the room, taking the time to closely look at the finery that was on display, along with the large collection of books on display. She looked at a large oak set of drawers near the bedside, with its top covered with various gems and trinkets, some of which had been engraved with a language Clara couldn't quite recognise. The area within the bay window jutting out of the main structure had been dedicated entirely to Duchess's changing station, with an ornate dressing table sporting every accessory a woman in Clara's line of work could ever want, from rounded ebony handled brushes designed to curl the users hair into stylised curls, to an extensive range of lipsticks and make-up kits catering for every possible style.

Turning to the wall opposite the bed, Clara found a large clothing cupboard, one that almost stretched from one end of the wall to the other, with a trio of sliding doors concealing every garment within. Unable to resist the allurement, Clara crossed over to it, wrapping a hand around the brass handle to give it a pull, wincing when she heard the dull squeaking of the wheels. Clara poked her head inside, feeling her jaw fall open at the sight of the array of beautiful clothing. It contained clothing for any occasion, with conservative silk gowns taking up one side, and dozens of intricately made pieces of risqué lingerie.

Unsurprisingly, most of the clothing matched the aesthetic Duchess had become famed for, with the bulk being dyed in near pitch black, though Clara managed to spot the odd exception hidden amongst them. Along the base of the closet, Clara found a set of small varnished drawers, with a few open compartments revealing the jewelery within. Had it been anyone else, Clara would have believed them to be nothing more than costume jewelery, cheap copies of the real thing. But Clara knew that there was nothing false about Duchess, that she wouldn't possess such items unless they were the genuine article.