Cockatoo Pt. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Areeya went on, 'I think we must above all behave normally. I would be that Jandaeng has men here and will certainly be trying to keep an eye on us somehow. I suggest that we carry on as we would and that James goes across to Bangkok as planned to start the project. James, if our phones are monitored, can we get some that they don't know about that we can use between us?'

'Yes, that's easy enough, we can get somebody to buy burner phones that can't be traced back to us. I can set us up with encrypted emails and messaging as well.'

'Ok,' said Areeya, 'When you're in Bangkok, James, you must tell my father what is happening, is that OK?'

'Sure, I can find a place where we can talk securely. There is one thing I need to ask. I will need an interpreter in Bangkok, on Kritsada's project. Nin seems to be the perfect candidate, she has good enough English to translate for me and her IT skills might be useful too. What do you think? Kritsada will pay for her I know. I won't involve her too deeply, but I think I can trust her.'

Alex smiled and said, 'I can trust her, it's whether I can trust you with her. I think it's a good idea, Areeya?'

Areeya nodded and said, 'I'll speak to her today. Is that all agreed? If so I need to get to Cockatoo.'

We all nodded and Alex said, 'I've got some work to do downstairs.'

'And I need to finish off the systems project for us, it won't take long.'

We pushed back our chairs and Areeya and Alex disappeared leaving me to work in the apartment. I was impressed with the way Areeya had taken over the discussion when Alex and I had got sidetracked. It showed a side of hers that I had never seen, maybe she was more like her father than she believed.

I emailed Kritsada to confirm that I would be arriving to start the project next week and I would be using Nin as my interpreter. I also asked him to book hotel rooms for us both. He emailed back almost immediately, agreeing that an interpreter would be a good idea, and he agreed to fund the costs. He would organise the hotel rooms close to his office where we could meet on the first morning. I booked flights for Nin and myself and I was sure that Jandaeng would be aware very quickly that I would be arriving.

I went back to the systems project for our business and had an outline plan finished by the end of the day ready to present to Alex and Areeya. Areeya called to say that she had spoken to Nin who was overjoyed to learn of the job and had accepted immediately. I told her I would come down to Cockatoo later to see her. I would also speak to Pao about getting some new phones. It's not difficult in Thailand to get hold of cheap phones, and I felt sure that Pao would know where to go.

I finished off the proposal and took it to a local print shop to get printed and bound. Just because it was for us didn't seem to be a good reason to less than professional about it. I dropped it in and it would ready the following day, so I took a leisurely stroll down the strip to Cockatoo for a beer and to see Nin. She was so pleased to be asked, and I agreed with her that we would meet the following day to discuss what we were going to do. I had to smile at her excitement and I was convinced we had made a good choice. Pao wasn't around and nobody seemed to know where she was. It could wait a day so I had another beer and was about to head off to the apartment when I received a text from Alex.

'sorry babe, gotta do something with Areeya. won't be back til late, can u sort out dinner by yourself? Might stay on boat with her tonite'

'Yea. no probs. anything I can do to help?'

'Not really, go home. have nice dinner get early nite, Luv u'

'luv u too. cu later.'

I wasn't looking forward to spending the evening by myself, but I suspect Alex and Areeya might be looking for some time together. I thought how strange it was that I didn't feel jealous. How my life and attitudes had changed since I arrived in Samui. I made my way back to the apartment and walked up the stairs. I thought it was strange that there were lights on in the apartment, I was sure they weren't on when I left. I opened the door with the keypad and was astounded to see the table set for a meal for two. I was taken aback, what was going on? I heard a noise behind me and turned around to see Pao, looking stunning in a beautiful gold coloured Thai Chakkri dress and with her hair done up in traditional Thai style.

She smiled, made a Wai to me and bowed quite deeply to me.

I made a Wai back to her and she said, 'Saswadee, Mr James, Miss Alex say I come tonight for my bonus.'

To be continued

12