Cockatoo Pt. 31

Story Info
James has to go to Bangkok and pao is still in hospital.
7k words
4.75
14.4k
7

Part 31 of the 44 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/27/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jandaeng's voice came through loud and clear and chilled me to the bone. 'It seems you've had some trouble at your bar over there, James.'

Bad news travels fast I thought. I hated the sound of his voice. It made my flesh creep and took me straight back to the bar in Bangkok and what he had done to me that night. I took a deep breath and tried to keep my voice as calm as possible.

'Yes Inspector, the mamasan was stabbed in a bar fight. I'm surprised you know about it.'

'It is my job to know these things. I also found it surprising that Kritsada flew out the lovely Doctor Wichasak to attend to a mamasan.'

That shook me until I realised it must have come from within Kritsada's operation. I filed that nugget away for the future.

'The mamasan is a very good friend of his daughter. He did it as a favour for her, Inspector.'

Alex chose that moment to come out onto the balcony and I mouthed Jandaeng at her. She scowled and flipped her middle finger at the phone.

'By the way, how are you, James? I heard you were unwell recently.'

I was thrown by this until I remembered that the cover story for my trip to Bangkok was that I was ill. He was telling me he knew everything about me. It was obvious he did have people keeping an eye on me on the island. But it did seem to mean he didn't know about my trip to Bangkok as Jamie.

'Err, I'm better now. It was a bout of food poisoning. I had to stay inside for a few days. But I'm guessing you haven't called me to ask about my health.'

'On the contrary, James. I want you well enough to fulfil our little agreement. You remember that?'

As if I could forget it.

'Yes, yes, I remember. I was due to fly to Bangkok today but that will have to wait for a couple of days until we get things sorted here.'

'I'm disappointed, but I'm sure that you will recall the penalty for not fulfilling our agreement? I wouldn't want to see you and that little farang kathoey whore you are fucking have to leave Thailand.'

I felt like I was going to be sick; I would somehow make him eat those Words.

'No, that's won't be necessary. I will be in Bangkok as soon as I can. How do I contact you?'

'Do not worry, I will contact you, now don't delay too long or I may have to put a little extra pressure on you.' The phone went dead, and I realised I was sweating. Alex put her arms around me and said, 'What the hell did he want?'

'Just to put the frighteners on me.' I said. 'He bloody succeeded as well.'

'We'll beat him; I know we will.' She whispered to me.

We have to, I thought. I couldn't bear to think of what would happen if we didn't. I hated Jandaeng, not only for what he had done to me in Bangkok, but for putting me in this impossible position. I didn't want to leave Samui with Pao in this condition, but I knew if I didn't, I would be putting Alex, and probably Areeya too, in his firing line. I couldn't take that risk. The first thing I had to do was to talk to Kritsada.

'Is Areeya awake?' I said to Alex.

'Yes, I am, what's happening? Is it Pao?' Areeya walked through the door blinking at the sunlight.

'No, no news yet. It's Jandaeng, he's putting pressure on me to go to Bangkok and start spying on Kritsada. I need to speak to him, do you want to call him?'

She nodded and picked up her phone. She spoke for some time and then handed the phone to me.

'Good morning James, I hear there's no definite news about Pao yet, but Doctor Wichasak says there is a chance she will pull through.'

'I hope so, sir. Thanks for sending the Doctor across. That was very generous of you. I need to talk about my trip to Bangkok. I was due to come today but can we put it back for a couple of days, say Wednesday?'

'Of course, James. I will make arrangements for you and Nin to start then, I hope we will soon have good news about Pao.'

'By the way, can you remember I mentioned an aunt of mine was going to be in Bangkok? She wants to meet me this week. Would you mind if I did spend some time with her?'

There was a short pause, then Kritsada said, 'I do remember, your aunt from Glen Dullan, is that right?'

I hesitated but then caught on, 'That's right sir, from Glen Dullan.'

'No problem, James. I am sure we can manage around that. I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.'

I handed the phone back to Areeya, and she talked some more to her father. Alex said, 'What was all that about? Your aunt's coming to Bangkok, you never told me. She lives in Scotland?'

I grinned at her, 'My aunt Lizzie lives in Leeds and won't even leave Yorkshire. I wanted to let Kritsada know Jandaeng was in touch. I hoped he would catch on, and he did. Glendullan is a rare whisky, he used it to check I meant Jandaeng. Glendullan, Jandaeng?'

Alex shook her head, 'Be careful, this could get dangerous.'

'I'll be careful, I promise.'

We had a quick breakfast and then went straight back to the hospital. Shane and Nin had heard nothing more about Pao's condition, so we had to decide what to do next. We couldn't all stay at the hospital so we agreed that one of us would be here for the rest of the day in case something happened. We would take it in turn and I volunteered for the first few hours. Alex and Areeya offered to stay with me, but I promised I would call if I heard anything at all. I told Shane and Nin I had to go to Bangkok on Wednesday, but if she wanted to stay here, I would completely understand. She thought for a moment then said that if I was going, then she would too. I thanked her and turned to Shane.

'My leave is running out so I have to be back in Bangkok this week to report for duty. If it's OK with you, I'll go with you two.'

Nin and I both smiled, and I said, 'Well maybe we could put up with you for a little while longer. Now, both of you go and get some rest.'

Nin hugged me and Shane, and I promised to call her the moment I heard anything. They reluctantly left, and I settled down with my iPad to catch up on things for the business I had neglected for too long. It was about an hour later when Doctor Wichasak walked in smiling.

'We think the worst is over. Pao is stable and breathing without help. There doesn't seem to be any internal bleeding, and the knife doesn't seem to have hit anything serious inside, so we hope there won't be any infection. She was very lucky. I think that what you and that big Australian, Shane, is it? What you both did at the scene probably saved her. If you hadn't acted as quickly as you did, she might not have made it here in time. We're bringing her out of the coma soon. You can see her briefly, but it will be tomorrow before she'll be ready for visitors.'

I flopped back in the chair, almost knocked out by the news. 'Thank you, Doctor. That's fantastic news. She means a lot to me.'

She laid a hand gently on my arm, 'That's clear to see, James. I will stay here for the rest of today, but I have to be back in Bangkok tomorrow morning.'

'I'm there on Wednesday to start work for Kritsada.'

'Bear what I said in mind, James. Be careful. Remember to call me when you're there.' She smiled and touched my arm again before heading back inside. I called the others to give them the news about Pao and I would tell them more when I was allowed to see Pao. It wasn't long before a nurse came to fetch me and led me through to where Pao had been moved. Only a drip in her arm remained from the machines to which she had been connected in Intensive care. The nurse told me she was waking up slowly, and I could have ten minutes with her now. I stood by the bed and she stirred as I touched her hand. Her eyelids flickered, and she opened her eyes.

'Pao, it's James. I'm so glad you're getting better.'

She tried to speak, but I knew that coming round would be difficult.

'Don't try to speak. The others send their love and we will all be in to see you tomorrow.' I felt her squeeze my hand, and I bent down and kissed her forehead. I whispered to her, 'Thank you, Pao. I love you.'

She squeezed my hand once more and then I saw her eyelids flicker and she went back to sleep.

I thanked as many of the staff as I could find. I called everyone once more with the news and then headed to the apartment. Alex was there but Areeya had gone to Cockatoo to see what needed to be done after last night. We sat on the balcony for a while, Alex sitting on my lap with her head on my shoulder. We didn't speak much, just hugged and kissed a little, too exhausted to do much more. Alex eventually had to go down to the restaurant to sort out a few problems, so I wandered down the strip to Cockatoo. They had cleaned up as well as they could, but there was a dark patch where Pao had lain after the stabbing. Areeya was busy round the back, Nin was at home and Shane at his hotel, and I felt at a complete loose end.

I had a beer at the bar then walked towards the pier with the idea of a quick swim. I think it was then I got the feeling that I was being followed. I'm not sure what it was that spooked me, but I shivered and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. Was I being paranoid? If someone was following me, was it Jandaeng? Or the thugs from the mainland? I walked into one of the bars, bought a beer, then went as if to use the toilet and walked straight out the back. I circled around and found a place from where I could discreetly watch the front of the bar.

A few minutes later a Thai came out, looked up and down the street before calling someone on his phone. A few minutes later a police car pulled up, and the guy jumped in. So, I was being followed, but at least it was only Jandaeng. In a funny way it made me feel more secure that it was Jandaeng's boys who were following me. They wouldn't want to see me harmed; at least not yet.

I went back to the apartment and began reluctantly to plan for the trip to Bangkok. Kritsada wanted me to discover the informant in his organisation whilst at the same time, Jandaeng wanted me to be an informer for him. I would have to tread very carefully. Any slip up could be very dangerous. Jandaeng had already threatened me and Alex with deportation or worse. Even Doctor Wichasak had hinted that I should be careful around Kritsada. I was playing for high stakes in this game. I would be a double agent, and that didn't feel a comfortable place to be. So, what did I know? I pulled out the iPad and made a list.

1 Kritsada's phones were being bugged. Would have to assume his office was too. Probably how he knew about my work for Kritsada, and Doctor Wichasak's flight to Samui so quickly.

2 Kritsada believes someone in his organisation is disloyal and leaking information to his competitors. Under cover of my IT project I need to see if I can identify who that is.

3 Jandaeng says Kritsada is getting involved in Thai politics. If true, a very dangerous activity with the current military Junta. Kritsada denies this. Do I believe him? Jury still out on that.

4 Jandaeng wants someone very close to Kritsada, and he has set me up for that. Kritsada thinks we can use that to our advantage. I'm dubious. Jandaeng is no fool. He will sniff out anything that's too obvious.

5 I will have Nin as translator and her IT skills could be useful.

6 Would Jamie be useful when I'm there? Not sure how, but I will take wig and clothes in case.

7 Shane will be in Bangkok. He will be on duty but useful to know he's close at hand.

There wasn't much more I could do from here, so I sat with a beer enjoying the sunset. Areeya bounced up the steps and came and sat on my lap. She kissed me and then looked serious. 'You must be careful in Bangkok, James. I do not want to you to take risks, even for my father.'

'I will be very careful, Areeya.'

'Good, I love my father, but I love you more.' She had never said that to me before, and my heart melted as she kissed me gently on the lips.

'I love you too, Areeya.' We kissed again and hugged each other for a while, watching the last of the daylight fade into darkness. We heard footsteps coming up the steps and Alex appeared. 'Stop that right now you two, I can't trust either of you when I'm not around.' Areeya giggled and slid off my lap. 'Yes, Mummy. We have been so bad; we need to be punished.'

'All in good time, my pets, all in good time. Mummy won't forget. But listen, I've had an idea.' said Alex. Areeya and I groaned together, both of us knowing what one of Alex's ideas could mean. It earned each of us an arm punch. 'Seriously, it's your last night here for a while, James, and I suggest we have a big dinner, invite Nin and Shane too.' 'That's a great idea,' said Areeya, and I agreed. She grinned, 'We'll all go to see Pao tomorrow and then come back here, get ready and have dinner downstairs and come back up for some drinks.'

It was one of Alex's better ideas, so I called Shane who agreed very quickly, and Areeya called Nin who was delighted to be included. I suggested we could all do with an early night, so after a quick trip to Cockatoo in order for Areeya to check on the bar, we had dinner in one of the back street restaurants used by the locals. Full of food and beer we made our way back to the apartment.

As I walked in I felt something wasn't right. I tried to shake off the feeling. I had spooked myself earlier on with my shadow, and I thought this was just me becoming even more paranoid. However, as I stood there looking around, the feeling grew stronger. Something was not as we left it. It took me a few moments but then I realised what it was. I always, always close the lid of my mac when I finish with it. It sends it to sleep, and yet, there it was on the table with its lid half open.

'Areeya, Alex, did either of you use my laptop before we went out?'

They stopped talking and looked at each other. 'No, why?' said Alex.

Areeya shook her head, 'Not me, what's the matter?'

'I know I closed the lid before I went out and now it's open. I think someone has been in here.'

'Shit. Are they still here?' said Alex.

'Wait here,' I said, 'I'm going to check.'

'Not on your fucking own you're not, we're coming with you.' Alex moved up beside me and Areeya was on the other side. Together we checked each of the rooms and they were all empty. Coming back into the main room Alex said, 'James, are you sure?'

'Positive. It's what I always do, force of habit. If you didn't raise the lid, then someone else did. Is there anything else you can see that's not as you left it?'

Alex and Areeya went to check their stuff whilst I woke the mac to see if I could find anything. Alex came back in and said, 'I can't be absolutely sure, but I think some of my stuff has been moved.'

Areeya returned, 'It's not obvious, but I think someone has gone through the drawers in my room.'

I looked up at them from my laptop. 'Someone's been fiddling with my mac. There's a new program been installed which looks like spyware. I can't tell what it does yet, but the laptop is definitely compromised.' I thought for a moment and turned to the girls, 'Who knows the code for the door? There's no sign of a break in so I guess someone came in through the front door.'

'Just us three,' said Alex.

'When did you change it last? It's been the same since I've been here. Can you change it now?'

'Yes, it's easy to do.' said Areeya. She walked over to the internal keypad and reset the code.

'Who do you think it was?' sad Alex, sounding shaken.

'My guess is Jandaeng. He doesn't trust me for sure, so this could be an insurance policy for him.'

'Fuck,' said Alex, 'I hate him. What will you do about your laptop?'

'Nothing,' I said, 'leave it as it is. Let him think he's getting access to everything. I'll use the iPad for anything I don't want him to know about.'

'There's nothing more we can do, so let's have a drink and get an early night.'

We sat outside listening to the sound of the waves on the beach and the noises coming from the Lamai strip. I yawned, prompting Areeya to stand and pull us up. 'Time for bed, I think.' We staggered inside where I had to go the toilet. By the time I got back the two of them were fast asleep on the bed, their arms wrapped around each other. I slipped into bed beside them and lay there for a while thinking about what was to become of us. I swore to myself I would do anything to protect Alex and Areeya. I could not bear the thought of us being separated. But, it wasn't long before I slipped into sleep.

I woke to find the sun already shining and Alex was spooning me. Areeya it seems had woken before us as she wasn't in the bed. I slipped out of bed and walked onto the balcony where Areeya was in one of the chairs, looking out to sea, an unfinished coffee beside her. I came up behind her and placed my hands on her shoulders and she leaned her head to one side to rest on my hand.

'What you thinking about?' I said, yawning.

She smiled as she looked up at me, 'I was saying a prayer for you, James. To keep you safe.'

I slid round and kissed her before sitting down. 'I didn't know you were a believer.'

She smiled. 'Maybe, sometimes. But it can't do any harm, can it?'

I kissed her again, 'Thank you.'

'I have a gift for you as well.' She took a small rectangular box from the table next to her and laid it in my hand. I opened it and nestling inside was a most intricately carved amulet in the shape of an erect penis. It was black, about two inches in length, and seemed to glisten in the morning sunlight. I looked at Areeya in surprise.

'It is a Palad Khik, it is meant to bring fertility, good luck in gambling and most importantly, to protect from knives and bullets. It's carved from buffalo horn. You should carry it with you to keep you safe.'

'Thank you, Areeya. I will keep it with me all the time. It is beautiful.'

I kissed her once more as we heard Alex walk out onto the balcony. She kissed us both, 'Morning, my pets. Did Areeya give you her gift?'

I showed it to Alex, who took it and stroked it. 'It doesn't get any bigger if you do that, Alex.' said Areeya, smiling as Alex started to lick it.

'Stop it you idiot. Give it back to me.' I grabbed it back from her.

'OK, OK.' She grabbed my crotch, 'I prefer this one, anyway.'

Areeya said, 'Leave the boy alone, Alex, we have things to do today. By the way, James, will Jamie be with you in Bangkok?'

I blushed and Alex sniggered. 'Yes, I thought it might be useful to take my Jamie stuff with me.'

'Told you that you would love being a girl,' Alex kissed me and stood up. 'In which case we need to go shopping. You need more clothes than you came back with from Bangkok. The Central Festival Mall up near Bo Phut is the place to go. Let's get you all dressed up and we can go this morning. Do we know when we can see Pao?'

'I can't go shopping as Jamie.' I said, appalled at the idea.

Areeya said, 'You seem to have done very well so far as Jamie. It will be fun. Alex, I will see when we can go in to see Pao while you get Jamie ready.'

Alex grabbed my hand and dragged me through to the bedroom where she rummaged through my bag from Bangkok. I still had some of the clothes which Nin had bought on Kritsada's account.

'Mm, Nin has good taste. Come on get undressed and put these on.' Alex threw me a pair of silk Victoria Secret's panties. I hesitated for a moment with the panties in my hand and got a slap on the bum from Alex. 'Come on, we haven't got all day.'

I shrugged and stripped off, pulled the panties up over my legs and shivered with pleasure as they settled around my cock and balls. Alex noticed and grinned, 'Feel great, don't they? Now go and shave.' I went to take off the panties, and she slapped my hand and said, 'No, leave them on, you look so cute in them.' I went through to the wet room and took time over the shave, trying to make myself as smooth as possible. I walked back into the bedroom to find Alex holding up a white sleeveless dress, with a flared skirt and printed with small multi coloured butterflies. She put it against me, cocked her head to look at it and said, 'Yes, this will do nicely. Put it on and we'll do your makeup.' I slipped the dress over my head and was horrified when I saw it finished about six inches above my knees.

12