Code Name Tequila Ch. 17

Story Info
Ria and Carlos attend a black-tie party.
8.4k words
4.54
15.3k
5
0

Part 17 of the 23 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/29/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I bought you something," Carlos said, holding up a bag as he walked into Ria's hotel room.

"Really," Ria replied, closing the door behind Carlos. "What is it?"

Carlos reached into the bag and pulled out a slinky black dress. Carlos held it up and let the fabric fall. Ria could see that the dress would be tight and short and showing ample cleavage.

"Very nice," Ria said. "It'll look good when I wear it out on dates with my many male admirers."

Carlos' shoulders slumped. "Come on, Butterfly. Don't play games with me. I'm the only one for you, right?"

Ria put her hands on her hips and laughed. "Oh sure, and I suppose I am the only girl for you, right?"

Carlos smiled and raised an eyebrow. "Okay, how about a least tonight you be the only girl for me, and I will be the only guy for you. One night only." He held out the dress.

"Oh, I don't know," Ria said playfully. "Seems like you think I am at your beck and call. I might have better plans tonight, you know. You can't just assume if you sweep in at the last minute holding a dress..."

"...expensive, designer dress," Carlos said, holding up the label so Ria could see it was a Marc Jacobs.

"...alright, an expensive, designer dress. That still doesn't guarantee you a date with me. I'm very in demand," Ria said.

Carlos sighed. "Come on, Butterfly. It'll be a fun party, and besides we have work to do there," Carlos said, as he handed Ria the dress.

Ria let her hand run over the silky material. "What work?" she asked.

"Fernandez will be at the party, and rumour is that he is planning on meeting up with Aguila Roja, or at least one of the other top aides for the Aguila Roja. We need to keep an eye on him, and I think that two eyes are better than one. I can try to keep an eye on Fernandez alone, but often I get distracted because I have to speak to my fans."

Ria rolled her eyes. "Distracted by your fans. Classic. You're arrogance really knows no bounds, does it?"

"What arrogance? I speak simply the truth. To maintain my cover as a playboy racing car driver, I need to make sure I bask in the adoration of my fan base. To do anything else would make it appear that I am not who I say I am. I cannot risk my cover," Carlos said. "With you there, while I am maintaining my cover and can't keep my eye on Fernandez, you can fill in for me. See, we make a perfect team!"

Ria laughed. "Okay, fine. I will attend the party with you, but only because it advances are case, and not because I find you in any way attractive." Ria winked at Carlos.

Carlos brought his hand to his heart and made a hurt face in mock horror. "Oh, why do you have to break my heart, my sweet Butterfly?"

"Alright, enough playing around. Turn around so I can change," Ria said.

Carlos raised his eyebrows. "What, turn around? Why? I have seen you naked before," he said.

Ria let her jaw drop. "My goodness, Carlos. Is that the way your mother taught you to treat a lady. It doesn't matter what you have seen before. What is important is that you do you upmost to maintain respect for me."

Carlos smiled and turned. Ria slipped out of the casual shirt and jeans she was wearing, and pulled on the Marc Jacobs black dress. The dress showed off her tanned bare arms, and was low cut to reveal the curves of her beautiful bosom. The hem hugged her legs two inches below her bottom. She pulled the hem down slightly, noting to herself that she would have to be careful getting in and out of cars.

Ria checked herself out in the mirror, and satisfied with the results, said to Carlos, "The dress fits. Okay, you can turn around now. Where is this party?" She asked.

Carlos just stood silently, mouth agape, taking in the image of the beautiful woman in front of him. Even though Ria hadn't done her make up and hair yet, and she was wearing the incorrect bra for the dress so that her straps were showing, she looked stunning.

Ria took a step forward and snapped her fingers, breaking Carlos out of the trance he was in. "Carlos, pay attention, where is the party?"

"The San Cristobal Tower. It's a nice, five star hotel. Not far from here. About a ten minute drive. I have arranged for a car to come and pick us up in an hour and half. Will that give you enough time to get ready?" Carlos asked.

"Yes, shouldn't be a problem." Ria put her hand on Carlos' back and directed him to the door of her hotel room. Opening the door she said, "So I will meet you downstairs in an hour and half."

With a gentle push, Carlos found himself outside of Ria's room. "See you soon," Ria said, shutting the door.

Carlos sighed, the image of Ria in the black dress still fresh in his mind. "I think it won't be my fans that will be distracting me from working tonight," he said to himself as he walked down the hall. "Rather, I think it will be my date."

* * * A little under two hours later, on walking into the ballroom of the San Cristobal Tower, it wasn't Carlos who was distracted suddenly, but all the guests already at the party.

Carlos was dressed in a sharply pressed black tuxedo. Clean shaven with just a touch of gel in his hair, sweeping his dark black hair back. Carlos paused to adjust the cuffs of his crisp white tuxedo shirt before turning around and putting out his arm for his date.

Ria walked into the ballroom, and all eyes went from Carlos to Ria. The tight black dress managed to be both sophisticated and sexy at the same time, showing off Ria's curvaceous body while still leaving much to the imagination. Her makeup was natural and subdued, though her lips were painted with a bright red, plumping them up into a sexy pout. Her dark hair was teased out and fell loosely over her bare shoulders.

Ria grasped Carlos arm, and they walked into the party. Gradually the party goers went back to their conversations, drinks and finger foods, and all the eyes turned away from Carlos and Ria.

Carlos reached into the breast pocket of his tuxedo and pulled out his iPhone. He typed away sending a quick message, and after it was sent, moved to put the phone back into his tuxedo. Ria watched as Carlos struggled getting the phone in.

"Having trouble," she asked.

Carlos nodded. "The pocket on this tuxedo was not made to hold a smart phone," he said, laughing.

"Do you want me to carry it," Ria asked, holding up the small clutch she was holding. It wasn't large, but there was enough room to fit in the iPhone.

Carlos nodded, and handed Ria the phone. As Ria put the phone away, Carlos surveyed the room.

"There is Fernandez over there," Carlos said, nodding towards a group of people near the centre of the room. Fernandez was standing with Simon Correa, one of the other drivers on the Cabo Blanco Racing Team and Marisa, one of the other girls who was a Cabo Blanco Ambassador.

Carlos and Ria were about to make their way over towards Fernandez when Carlos felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Rodrigo Tabernas, owner of the racing team.

"Rodrigo, how are you?" Carlos asked.

"Fine, thank you Carlos. How are you?" Rodrigo asked.

"Good, good. You remember Ria?" Carlos asked, turning towards Ria.

"Yes, of course, Ms. Ortega. How are you this evening?" Rodrigo asked. His voice was neither cold nor warm. He was almost mechanical in his delivery, like a man just going through the motions of proper civil conversation.

"I'm fine, Mr. Tabernas," Ria said.

Tabernas nodded and put his hand on Carlos' arm. "Can I speak with you Carlos, regarding strategy for the race on Sunday?" he asked.

Carlos nodded, and then turned to Ria. "Will you please excuse me for a moment?" Carlos nodded over towards Fernandez. "Why don't you go and say hello to your friend Marisa, and Mr. Fernandez as well."

Ria nodded. Carlos and Tabernas walked off to find a quiet corner to discuss racing strategy, so Ria turned and walked over to the group containing Fernandez, Simon Correa and Marisa.

Marisa turned and saw Ria approach. She smiled. "Ria, how are you? I'm surprised to see you here," she said, reaching out and giving Ria a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Carlos brought me as his date," Ria said, nodding over towards Carlos and Tabernas speaking.

Marisa nodded. "Fantastic. Simon was nice enough to invite me to accompany him," Marisa said, putting a hand on Simon's arm. Simon smiled, and then leaned over to give Ria a kiss on the cheek as a greeting.

Ria turned towards Fernandez. He leaned forward and gave Ria a kiss on the cheek. "Hello Ria. Good to see you here. We were just discussing some of the events we have planned for Simon this weekend. As you know, he is a local to Santiago, and the media is very interested in hearing from him."

Simon blushed and looked down, making the boyish-faced Chilean appear even younger than he normally did.

A waiter appeared beside Ria holding a tray of champagne flutes. "A drink, ma'am?" he asked. Ria nodded and took a glass of bubbly. She sipped it, letting the sweet bubbles break on her tongue.

The conversation continued, with Fernandez and Simon discussing details of his appearances for the next two days in the lead up to Sunday's race. Ria took the opportunity to scan the room.

A few groups over she saw Jorge Ortiz, the racing leagues Latin American advisor and potential Colombia presidential candidate. Ortiz was talking to Walter Clark, the nominal owner of the racing league, and his wife Lynda.

Near the bar, surrounded by a bunch of young, beautiful women, was Kasper Ahlstad, the third Cabo Blanco racing car driver. He was telling a story which had the women captivated, though they could have just been captivated by his good looks and the fact he was a race car driver as well.

Walking between the bar and towards Rodrigo and Carlos was Isabella, the woman who was in charge of the Cabo Blanco Ambassador program, of which Ria and Marisa were part. Isabella reached Rodrigo and Carlos. Carlos greeted Isabella with a kiss on the cheek. Isabella leaned in close to Rodrigo, and he put an arm around her waist.

Ria raised an eyebrow as Tabernas pulled Isabella close to his side. Ria glanced over at Marisa, who was also watching the action between Isabella and Rodrigo Tabernas closely. Ria knew that Marisa and Isabella were involved in some sort of relationship, so Ria was not surprised to see Marisa watching Isabella. Ria did not, however, catch any looks of despair or jealousy on Marisa's face, simply a look of curiosity. After speaking for a few moments, Carlos walked away from Rodrigo and Isabella, and approached Ria. Fernandez glanced over at Carlos as he approached, and then Fernandez looked past Carlos towards Rodrigo and Isabella. "Will you excuse me," Fernandez said. Marisa, Simon and Ria all nodded, and Fernandez turned and walked away. He reached Carlos, greeted him with a quick handshake and word, and then quickly moved on towards Isabella and Rodrigo. Carlos watched him walk towards the two, and then turned and approached Ria, who was still standing with Marisa and Simon.

Carlos greeted Simon and Marisa, and after a minute of small talk, Carlos put a hand on Ria's back. "I see you already have a drink, but I could use something. Would you accompany me to the bar?" he asked. Ria nodded, and the two excused themselves from Simon and Marisa.

Ria looked over her shoulder, spying Marisa looking intently at Fernandez, Isabella and Tabernas speaking. Once they were out of ear shot, Carlos leaned close to Ria. "Isabella was in quite a hurry to move me away from speaking to Tabernas," he said.

Ria nodded. "And Fernandez was very quick to move over to fill the void."

Carlos and Ria reached the bar. Carlos ordered a sparkling water with lime, and turned to Ria. "Tabernas has always been a prime suspect to be the Aguila Roja," he said softly. "It's possible that Isabella acts as a personal assistant for him."

Carlos and Ria stood at the bar, watching as Fernandez and Tabernas had an animated discussion. After a minute of Tabernas gesturing excitedly and Fernandez looking at the ground sheepishly, answering Tabernas' questions with only the briefest of answers, the two men separated. Fernandez walked out of the room, his face ashen white and looking queasy. Tabernas walked with Isabella over to a corner of the ballroom where they started to talk quietly to each other.

"I'll go and check on Fernandez, you keep an eye on Tabernas," Carlos said, turning to follow Fernandez out of the room.

Ria grabbed a glass of champagne from the bar and walked over towards the centre of the room to get a better view of Tabernas and Isabella. Ria watched as Rodrigo Tabernas spoke at Isabella. Isabella simply nodded and occasionally typed something into her smart phone.

"Well, Hello little missy," Ria heard from behind her at the same time she felt a hand upon her upper arm. Ria turned to see Piston Clark, the CEO of the Pan-American racing series, smiling at her. Standing beside Clark was Jorge Ortiz. Ortiz nodded a greeting at Ria.

"Hello there Mr. Clark and Mr. Ortiz," Ria said.

"Please, call me Piston," Clark said. "Doesn't seem right that an old grease monkey like me would be called Mister anything. Are you having a good time at our party tonight?"

Ria nodded vigorously. "Oh yes, it was very nice of Carlos to invite me along. It's not often that I get a chance to drink champagne in a five-star hotel's ballroom."

Ortiz and Clark chuckled. Clark swept his hand broadly to indicate the ballroom. "Yeah, its quite glamorous, isn't it. Part of glamour of running an international racing series. If I was to be completely honest with you, I'd much prefer a bar with sawdust on the floor and a nice cold bottle of beer over plush carpets and champagne, but you learn to live with it. What about you, Ortiz? You a plush carpets kind of guy, or more of a sawdust and beer bar fly?"

Ortiz smiled and shook his head. "I am afraid that neither appeals much to me. I'd rather be in my office getting some work done, actually, but realize the importance of events like this to the promotion of the racing series."

Clark laughed out loud. "There you go, always wanting to work. I've never seen anyone so obsessed with working! Your brain is always running in business mode, isn't it? That's why you'll be Colombia's president some day. There's no way anyone running against you could put in the hours of campaigning you will."

Ortiz blushed slightly. "I just want to see the best for everything I believe in, whether it be my country or my businesses," Ortiz said. "Which reminds me, I was contacted by the Peruvian minister of the environment earlier today. There are concerns about the carbon footprint for the race scheduled in Lima later in the year. We need to provide them with some information about how we offset the emissions of the entire league. I'd like to schedule you, Piston, for some appearances next week on Peruvian television."

Clark turned to Ria and laughed. "What did I tell you! Here we are at a party, and he is trying to slip in more work."

Ria smiled, and then took a sip of her champagne. Out of the corner of her eye she saw that Fernandez had come back in the room and rejoined Isabella and Tabernas. They shared a few quick words, and turned and started to approach her, Ortiz and Clark. Ria quickly glanced over her shoulder and saw that Carlos was moving towards her group as well.

When about ten feet away, Fernandez and Isabella paused as Tabernas continued strolling towards Ria, Ortiz and Clark. Ortiz and Clark saw Tabernas approaching, and turned to greet him.

After a few quick words of greeting, Tabernas turned to Clark. "Piston, do you mind if I pull you away?"

"Absolutely. Anything to get me away from the work-aholic here!" Clark said, motioning towards Ortiz. "If I stand here any longer, he'll probably start reviewing the books with me."

Clark and Tabernas walked away from the group just as Carlos arrived, leaving Ria, Carlos and Ortiz in a group. Carlos and Ortiz greeted each other warmly.

"It is good to see you, Jorge," Carlos said. "Have you had any news from home? I read in El Tiempo that Santos dos Torres has been pressing hard for an increase in military spending as a show of force against Venezuela."

Ortiz nodded. "Yes, we must be vigilant against Santos dos Torres desires for a stronger military and stronger powers for the military. He is slowly slipping our country towards the right," Ortiz said. He looked at Ria, and could see the confusion on her face. "General Santos dos Torres is preparing to run for president of Colombia, and he is very nationalistic and right-wing. He wants to strength the borders of Colombia and close ourselves off to our neighbours."

Ria nodded. "You don't agree with his policy?" she asked.

Ortiz shook his head. "Personally, I think that by combining the strength of the nations of Latin America we can truly be on equal footing with the other political powers. A combined Latin American voice would have power that would rival the USA, Russia, China and the Euro-zone."

Carlos gripped Ortiz's shoulder. "Well, with you as our presidential candidate, I am sure that we can beat Santos dos Torres and bring about your vision," he said.

Ortiz smiled. "We shall see, but don't jump ahead of yourself, Carlos. I haven't announced any desire to run, nor been nominated yet."

Carlos winked at Ortiz, "only a matter of time, I hope!"

Ortiz stayed quietly, simply raising an eyebrow in response.

Isabella walked over to Ortiz, Carlos and Ria. She smiled and nodded at the group. "Excuse my intrusion, but Carlos I was speaking to some VIPs earlier from the tire company. They'd love if they could get a photo and a few words with you."

Carlos nodded. "Of course, of course."

Carlos turned to leave, but Isabella stood still. "Actually, Ria, would you mind joining us as well? They were commenting how nice it would be to have some of the Cabo Blanco Ambassadors in the photos. If you don't mind, I'll collect up Marisa and the two of you and Carlos can pose for the photos."

Ria smiled and nodded, and bidding adieu to Ortiz, walked with Isabella and Carlos away from Ortiz. They walked for about 20 feet before Isabella turned and stopped them. "I'll just run and grab Marisa," Isabella said. "You wait here."

Isabella rushed off towards the spot in the ballroom where Marisa was, leaving Carlos and Ria alone. They turned back to see that as soon as they had left, Fernandez had walked over to speak with Ortiz. The two men were leaning closely together, engaged in an intense conversation.

"Convenient how Clark, you and I were peeled away from Ortiz so quickly, allowing Fernandez to speak to him," Ria said.

Carlos shook his head. "No, I think it is just a coincidence," Carlos said. "I don't think Ortiz is involved with the Aguila Roja business. He is a popular politician and from what I can see an honest man who had a lot of integrity. I don't think he would get involved in anything so illegal."

Ria looked at Carlos. "I don't know. I overheard him and Clark talking last week, and I think Ortiz may know more than you think."

Carlos shook his head sternly. "No, it is not possible. Ortiz is honest, I know him well, and I know he is not involved in anything illegal."

Isabella returned with Marisa, and Carlos joined them walking towards the group of tire company executives. Ria took one last look at Ortiz and Fernandez. Ortiz had his hand on Fernandez's shoulder. Ortiz was smiling and nodding, and Fernandez, who had looked nervous and uncomfortable after speaking to Tabernas, had the colour back in his face and a relived look on his face.

The tire executives were quite drunk, and conversation with them and Carlos mainly existed of them slurring about how great it must be to drive fast cars and fuck beautiful women. Ria and Marisa had more than a few pinched asses and groped breasts as pictures of various poses were taken. After 10 minutes of picture taking, culminating with Ria having the tire company CFO's tongue in her ear, the group broke up after the Executive Vice President of Marketing threw up onto the carpet.