Cold Steele - and Mrs. Robinson Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Frank looked away for a few seconds. "You know I have to arrest Thornton and you can't be involved."

"I know that as a cop you have to try but you can't get into the place where he hangs out without warning him; people there know you are a cop and Thornton will go underground." I paused and stared at Frank for a short time. "Let me go in alone, you and the boys wait outside; I'll call you when I know he's there."

"I understand, but why do you want to brace him yourself?" Frank looked puzzled and worried. "You're not thinking of vigilante justice are you?"

Shaking my head in answer I replied, "Thornton can implicate the man that hired him, Robinson. That's the one I want."

"I doubt we can get Thornton convicted just because of Jasper and Boyd," Frank offered. "A good defense attorney could make an argument that their testimony of what they were told is hearsay. At best the case is circumstantial."

"Maybe but I might get Thornton to think we have the evidence to put him away, maybe for the death penalty." Putting the truck into gear, I waved and said, "I'll call you when I find him." I drove to my place; it would be several hours before I looked up Thornton.

To Be Continued

12