Commander Pinter Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you, sister," Mandala said, and she hugged her.

Indrid turned to Admiral Taylor. "Are you ready?" she asked.

"I haven't seen Proudmoore in ages," Admiral Taylor said. "I'd love to know what she has in store for me."

Indrid mounted her talbuk. Admiral Taylor took his seat behind her. She turned the beast to wave its front legs in a goodbye salute to Pinter and her friends, and she galloped off.

"Truly a great soul," Reshad said. He stepped next to Pinter. "And you are a worthy successor, Ambassador Pinter."

"I will do my best," Pinter said.

* * *

The gryphons soared into the garrison, landing one after another. Pinter dismounted, handing the reigns to the gryphon master who corralled all of the beasts into pen. The air of Shadowmoon Valley was clean in her lungs, such a refreshment from the turmoil of the last few days. Mandala went with her to the town hall to debrief Scout Valdez on what happened. Anna and Jarvus went to the Testy Talbuk for lunch, inviting Pinter and Mandala along when they got a chance. Voren and Fitzlenoob found them and went along. It was a welcome sight to see her garrison again, to see her friends together. Pinter smiled as she climbed the town hall steps with Mandala.

They debriefed with Scout Valdez, and then Pinter made her way to her chamber to freshen up before joining the others for lunch. Mandala went ahead to the Talbuk, and Pinter was alone for a few moments. She took off her gear and set it aside for cleaning, walking naked across the room to the water closet. Just a brief scrub was all she needed, and she would join the others. She threw open the door.

And she screamed in shock.

The Saberon - Pinter's Saberon friend - pounced out, took her in his powerful arms, and covered her mouth. Pinter breathed a few frightened moments, but then realized the Saberon meant no harm. He only meant to quiet her. Pinter's breath calmed down, and she nodded. The Saberon removed his hand.

"What are you..."

The Saberon put his finger to his lips.

"What are you doing?" Pinter hissed in a whisper.

"These people," the Saberon said quietly. "Some are not what they seem."

It dawned on her then. What Ner'zhul had said back in Skyreach. The Shadow Council. And her garrison.

"Shit."