Confessions From An Affair Ch. 03

Story Info
Newlyweds arrive in NYC as honeymoon continues.
3.6k words
4.74
16.7k
4

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/06/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LonelyMom
LonelyMom
260 Followers

(This is the third installment in this story. It is 1941 and our newlyweds arrive in New York City on their way to Fort Riley, Kansas)

*

We settled ourselves into adjoining seats in the old bus for what was to be the longest journey that either of us had embarked upon. I had managed to make a phone call to my mother from a noisy phone booth at the bus depot. It was an awkward conversation, to say the least. I could hear the concern in my mother's voice, but she was far too decent and proper to ever ask about how I had held up during our first night together as man and wife.

As for me, I had to consciously temper the excitement in my voice. I wanted so much to tell her not to worry -- that Jack had been lovingly tender and that our lovemaking had been the most beautiful experience of my life. However, that was simply not a subject matter that one discussed with even those you were most close to.

My body still suffered with a dull ache from our lovemaking. We had made love three times in the past fourteen hours and I'm afraid that I wasn't used to such strenuous activity. I hoped that I would adjust before too long because feeling my husband inside me was something that I wanted to experience again and again. Jack had been so sweet to me. He kept asking me if there was anything that he could get for me and those beautiful blue eyes of his held such love and warmth that I felt just like some kind of princess or something.

The first part of our journey was to be a bus ride from Burlington, Vermont to Albany and on to New York City. From there we would be traveling by train to Kansas. We were both pretty excited and a little nervous. I just couldn't imagine! We would be traveling through New York City and Philadelphia and so many other cities that I had only read about. This was to be the adventure of a lifetime!

I'd like to give you more details about our bus trip, but the truth of the matter was that I fell asleep before we had been on the road for even half an hour. I could feel myself drifting off and I felt guilty about falling asleep and leaving Jack to suffer the ride alone. I fought it for as long as I could, but I finally laid my head on his shoulder and I was out like a light.

The next thing that I was aware of was Jack gently nudging me awake. We were about to enter New York City and he knew that I wouldn't have wanted to miss my first glimpse of this magical city. Somehow, I had managed to sleep right through all of the stops we had made along road. At some point, Jack had covered me with his coat. I was so lucky to have a man like this as my husband! I knew that he would always take care of me like I was his special angel.

As I was still coming out of my fog, Jack pointed out the window. "Look at that, Peg. Isn't that something!"

We both stared wide-eyed as we got our first glimpse of those magnificent skyscrapers. In Loon Lake the largest building in town was the First National Bank with its soaring three stories! Now we were actually looking at sights that we had only seen at the movies or in the newspaper. "Look", Jack said excitedly, "that must be the Empire State Building!"

My mouth just hung open in awe. How could anybody live in any building that big? The other passengers must have been very used to the vista passing outside the windows of the bus. Nobody else seemed to be gawking like a couple of country bumpkins like we were. I didn't care, though. I was in love and I was seeing things for the first time with my husband right beside me sharing each moment with me.

Before the bus even came to a stop, we were up and gathering our things. Our schedule called for us to spend one night in New York before boarding a train for the remainder of our journey and neither one of wanted to waste one second of our big chance to see the sights. As we climbed off of the bus I was immediately overwhelmed by the sheer number of people who were bustling about Grand Central Station. There I was, standing in that famous landmark that I had seen in countless films while people of all shapes, sizes, and colors hustled past.

Jack must have sensed my shock because he slipped his arm around me and joked, "I had better hold onto you. If we get separated, I may never find you again."

We waited impatiently for the attendants to retrieve our battered suitcases from the baggage compartment. Meanwhile my senses were assaulted with smells and the sounds of people speaking so many different languages. I was completely fascinated with a group of Chinese that were standing nearby. They were wearing brightly colored satin clothing and I strained to listen in as they spoke to each other in the strange, sing-songy tongue. This was the first time that I had ever seen a real oriental in the flesh. How I wished that everyone back home could see me now!

Jack gathered up our suitcases and I followed close behind him as he led the way out of the depot. We would be spending the night at the Grant Hotel which was less than half a block away. As we exited the terminal it seemed as if we had stepped out into some alien landscape. Huge buildings towered over us with enormous signs with advertisements for Wrigley Chewing Gum, Camel Cigarettes, and nearly any other products you'd ever imagined. There was one advertisement for Pepsi Cola that featured an oversized soda bottle that alone was bigger than any building we had back home in Loon Lake.

We made our way to the hotel, registered, and made our way up to our room. There was a funny moment after we arrived at our room when Jack asked me what I wanted to do first. "Whatever you would like to do, dear" I said.

Jack glanced at the bed and shyly said, "We could just lay down for a little bit if you're tired."

I certainly knew exactly what he had in mind and I wasn't fooled for even a minute about his apparent concern for my health and well being. "I'm not really tired at all," I told him," Want to go out and see the sights?"

I have to laugh even now after all these years! I swear to God that the look that flashed across Jack's face was not one of disappointment, but one of relief. I know that newlyweds are supposed to spend all of their time in exploring this new and wonderful world of the pleasures of the flesh, but it was evident that Jack was as excited as I was to drink in as much of The City as we possibly could.

I quickly freshened up and we were off! We made our way through the throngs of people towards Time Square. Along the way we passed by shops selling every imaginable item in the world. There were butcher shops with their offerings hanging right in the front window. There were restaurants with such exotic aromas emanating from them that they just made your mouth water. And everywhere was the constant noise of people shouting or hawking their wares.

I was so fascinated by all of these stores that we had never experienced before that I was surprised when Jack stopped all of a sudden and said excitedly, "There it is, Peg! Time Square!"

I stopped and gazed around me in awe. We were really there! We were really standing in the same place that had been the setting of more movies than I could ever count. It was dirty and noisy and crowded and I thought it was the most magnificent thing I had ever seen!

Jack leaned down and kissed me right on the spot. Now, back home such public displays are unheard of. However, in that moment, with hundreds of strangers bustling past in both directions, I threw my arms around his neck and returned his kiss with fervor. If anyone disapproved of what we were doing, no one said a word except a couple of grumbled "Outta da way's".

Hand in hand we made our way up one side of the square and down the other. There were enormous neon signs that stood three stories high that were the most unbelievable things that I had ever seen. Those signs would be turned off in a couple of more years as the war effort intensified, but at that moment America was infused with such optimism and New York City was its epicenter.

Jack asked for directions and we found our way to the Empire State Building. I knew that this was the landmark that he most wanted to see. King Kong had been one of his favorite movies ever. Just standing at the bottom and looking up at that incredible building made me dizzy, but how could I deny him when he was so obviously excited.

We hustled inside and dipped into out meager funds to purchase tickets for the elevator trip to the top. Jack was talking so quickly as he said, "This is the tallest building in the world, Peg. Nobody else in the world could ever build anything this big. Isn't it just amazing?"

I just smiled and tried to hide the fact that was scared witless. We boarded an elevator for the first time and began the long climb up. I think I may have betrayed my fear because Jack joked about how hard I was squeezing his hand. I didn't think that elevator would ever stop. I was sure it was going to carry us right up into the clouds!

Finally, the doors opened and we stepped out onto the observation deck. Jack quickly made his way to the edge of the platform, dragging me along with him. I heard him utter, "Oh my God..."

I took one quick look and felt my stomach do a summersault. Just as quickly, I shut my eyes and stepped behind my husband so that he would block my view. Jack was going on as if he had no idea. "Look, over there is the Statue of Liberty! And there's the Chrysler Building!"

I just kept saying, "Uh-huh...Uh-huh". I never once opened my eyes again. Years later they would make a movie called "An Affair to Remember". It was a very romantic movie and was one of my favorites of all time. In the movie there is a scene in which Deborah Kerr was to meet her true love in the same place where I was standing at that moment. I'll tell you this; there is no way would I ever agree to meet anybody way up there! Not even if it was Cary Grant, himself!

I don't know how long we stood on that observation deck. It seemed like years to me. I kept hearing the elevator arriving and I wished with all my heart that we could get on it and get back down on the ground. At last, Jack became aware of my discomfort. "Hey sweetheart, "What's wrong?" he asked. When I couldn't answer, he took me by the arm and steered us towards the elevator.

A few minutes later we were finally back on planet earth. I was glad that I got to see my husband get so excited over something that's he's always dreamed of, but having that experience once would have to be enough for my one lifetime. We set off again walking the streets of New York. We purchased some food from a sidewalk vendor and sat on a bench in the new Rockefeller Center to eat.

My nerves had finally recovered, but now my feet were starting to get really sore. "What do you want to do next?" Jack asked, "We could go down to Chinatown or we might find Carnegie Hall?"

A funny thing had happened at some point. It crept up on me so slowly that I wasn't even aware of it. Suddenly, I had no more interest in sightseeing. There was one sight that I wanted to see, but it didn't involve any more buildings. "I was thinking", I began hesitantly, "I'm starting to get a little tired. Maybe I'd like to take that little nap now."

My face must have been beaming bright red! Jack looked confused for a moment and then understanding dawned on him. His eyes widened and he asked, "Really?"

I nodded my head shyly. Jack quickly grabbed my hand and helped me to my feet. "Well, in that case Mrs. Hawthorne, we had better make sure that you get all the rest that you need!"

It was the most scandalous conversation that I had ever had, but I willingly let Jack lead me back through the maze of people and streets to the Grant Hotel. It felt so deliciously wicked to be rushing back so openly eager to do what we knew we were going to do and nobody around us had the slightest clue.

When we arrived at the hotel we bounded up the stairs like a couple of lunatics. As we reached the first landing that was out of sight of the lobby, Jack suddenly stopped and took me in his arms. I didn't resist one bit as he gave me the biggest kiss that any girl could ever want. Holding me tightly, I could feel his excitement pressing lewdly against me. This should have made me embarrassed, but instead it had the opposite effect -- I was on fire with desire!

We went up the rest of the way with our arms around each other as we exchanged kiss after kiss. We giggled as we stumbled through the door that led to our hallway and almost ran to our door. When we arrived at the door, Jack had the most difficult time fishing out our room key and getting the lock opened. I should take some credit for that, as I was eagerly brushing myself against his arm while he was struggling.

The door finally burst open and we rushed through. We immediately fell into each other's arms and were kissing like there was no tomorrow. I had never felt such desire in my entire life and I didn't care if I was exactly acting like the proper wife or not. Our fingers franticly fumbled with the buttons of each other's clothes while our lips were pressed together hungrily.

I had always imagined love making to be a beautifully tender activity. This was anything but that. The sounds of our moans and heavy breathing filled the room as our clothing tumbled all around us. My hair got yanked as Jack hastily lifted my slip up over my head, but that did nothing to dampen the lust that raged inside me. I ran my hands up under his t-shirt, so eager was I to feel Jack's warm flesh right away. I couldn't push the undergarment all the way up and off because his arms were too eagerly reaching behind me to unclasp my bra.

With those items of clothing discarded, I sat back down on the bed and rolled onto my back -- lifting my hips to strip away my panties. I sat back up as Jack made quick work of removing his belt and opening his pants. His raging hot member was only inches from my face as his trousers and boxers slid to the floor. My heart beat even faster as I feasted my eyes upon his hardness.

As he straightened back up I boldly reached out my hands to grasp his hips. Jack stepped forward and I buried my face against his midriff and kissed his flat stomach. His musky aroma filled my senses and I heard his sharp intake of air. His manhood pressed hotly against my neck as I nuzzled him. "Oh God, Peg", he murmured as his fingers threaded through my hair.

I knew that there were girls that would take a man inside their mouths. Growing up, there had been a nasty name that was used to refer to those kinds of girls and it was about the worst thing in the world that you could say about anyone. It was an activity that I never would have dreamed of performing. Yet as my husband stood swaying over me in that moment I had a mental image of taking him in my mouth right there.

I kissed around in circles, allowing his red hot shaft to actually rub against my cheek as if by accident. I must admit that it did feel deliciously naughty and I felt a shudder run through Jack. However, I couldn't bring myself to take that last step and carry through with it. Somewhere in my fevered brain a little voice was telling me that he would think I was some kind of whore for doing that and he would never want to kiss me again.

Stop your smirking! I was very young then and I guess you might say that I had a lot to learn.

At last, Jack could take no more and he eased me backwards by the shoulders. I scrambled up onto the bed and held my arms out to him as he kicked off his pants and climbed onto the mattress with me. He didn't even bother to remove his socks and shoes! Our lips came together in the hungriest of kisses and we writhed against each other like two wild animals.

Our hands reached for each other's most private parts. This time there would be no pretense of being decent and proper. We both craved the pleasure that was so new to us. My hand wrapped around Jack's thick shaft and I could feel it throb with a life of its own. Meanwhile, his fingers eagerly sought out my moist entrance and slipped inside me.

Jack moaned against my lips, "Oh God, Peg...I want you so much!"

I whimpered back, "Yes, darling...I need you, too."

There was no more time for any talk as Jack moved into place above me. Once again I felt that delicious thrill as I opened my legs in welcome and I felt him enter me. This time there was no pain or discomfort at all. This time all I felt was the pleasure surging through my body as my husband sank deeper inside me. When he had plunged in to his full length, we ground our hips together and moaned our approval loudly.

Jack began to withdraw and surge and I wrapped my legs around his muscular thighs. I wasn't even aware of it, but I began whispering words of encouragement into his ear. "Yes, Jack...More...God....Yes!"

He began to quicken his pace. The bed was shaking and our moans filled the air. My fingernails bit into his broad back as I felt my orgasm rising within me. Over and over he plunged into my depths until I let out a small cry of ecstasy. I thrashed about wildly as I climaxed. Jack gave one final powerful thrust and then he too had his release. I buried my head into his shoulder and clung to him for dear life. I could feel his seed pumping into my womb -- flooding me with his essence.

We lay together in that position for who knows how long. We were sprawled sideways on the bed and we hadn't even had the decency to pull any covers over ourselves. We were both panting and our hearts beat like mad. I couldn't believe how out of control things had gotten. I worried that maybe Jack might think that his young and innocent wife wasn't so innocent after all.

At long last, Jack rolled off of on top of me and we scrambled to get ourselves under the covers. Just before he pulled the comforter over us I said, "Wait" and I moved down the bed to remove his shoes and socks. As I squatted by his feet I could feel his seed start to seep out of me. I tried to squeeze my legs together to prevent losing even one precious drop. Then I moved up to snuggle against my husband's shoulder.

I noticed that I wasn't nearly as sore as our first night together. "Maybe I'm getting used to this faster than I imagined I would", I thought. I knew one thing for certain, though -- I definitely wanted to do this together for the rest of our lives.

"You know something?", Jack asked.

I lifted my head to look at him and said, "No, what?"

"New York was certainly fun...but this was way better!"

I blushed as we both giggled together. He was right -- This was much better! We slept in each other's arms that night. Tomorrow would see us leaving by train to cross this big country. America was about to embark on a great enterprise and we were going to be swept up in it. For that night, however, we held each other and didn't concern ourselves with another living soul.

(Coming next -- On to Fort Riley....and war)

LonelyMom
LonelyMom
260 Followers