Confirming Carter Bk. 03 Changes Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Especially the Aurora class, those big battle cruisers." Tammy laughed. "Andi says they'll have the first one manned up and ready to go early next week. She wants to start making drones for it."

"Tell her I'll get with her. I want to be sure they have people trained before we start giving them drones." Sam answered. "I'll talk to Pharris, and see what she has to say."

"You are arming other races here, in the Pegasus galaxy?" Selmac asked, his eyes going wide with alarm. "This is what the Council fears."

"No, Selmac. We're not arming the Travelers." Sam said. "We are however, assisting them in restoring and repairing equipment they already have in their possession. As the Tok'Ra has done with Earth."

"The Travelers reached out to us after a recent engagement we had with the Wraith." Tammy told him. "They had decided that based on what we had done with them against the Replicators here in Pegasus, that it was in their best interest to open relations with us. They waited until we had declared our independence, because they didn't trust our leaders on Earth. It seems many of the races here in Pegasus felt the same way."

"We explained what we hoped to accomplish, and what we saw as their part in it, and offered them a partnership." Sam told him. "We're taking in the population that they can't support, and putting them to work in the cities production and manufacturing areas. It's a win/win for both of us."

"This is what the Asgard said you would do." Selmac said. "Reach out and bring in others to assist you in your efforts. It is only logical that you begin with the most advanced races first."

"We're working with anyone that wants our help, Selmac." Tammy said. "We can't do what we want to do without help from all our neighbors here in Pegasus. More than half of our new citizens came from worlds that had populations of less than a thousand people. We're taking in the ones that can't fend for themselves, offering them our hospitality and a safe haven."

She smiled, leaning forward on the couch. "And word is spreading, Selmac. Just like we knew it would. As more people hear about what we're doing here in Atlantis, and what we did to the Wraith, they're reaching out to us, and asking if they can join us."

"We're waiting to hear from the Genii, the strongest race militarily." Sam said as she stood up. "I'm going to lay him in our bed, or do you think we should keep him in here with us?" She asked Tammy.

"He'll be fine in there. But bring my tablet back with you, so we can watch him. It's on my desk."

Sam nodded and walked into the bedroom.

"You have taken great strides in the short time you have been in control here." Selmac said, shaking his head. "This was not expected. No matter what the Council decides, I believe that it may already be too late for them to have any significant impact."

"I agree." Sam said as she came out of the bedroom and sat down on the couch next to Tammy. She handed her the tablet, and looked over at Selmac. "And to ensure that they will have no impact on what we're doing, I'm going to have you scanned before you leave, so we can adjust the cities life signs detectors to look for Goa'uld and Tok'Ra lifeforms on a regular basis."

"I was going to suggest that." Tammy said as she tapped on her tablet, then held it up so Sam could see it.

"That really is not necessary, Samantha." Selmac said. "We wi..."

"That's bullshit, Selmac. The Tok'Ra are infiltrators, and not to be indelicate, but you're all a bunch of sneaky little fuckers, with your little plots and plans. I wouldn't trust any of you as far as I could throw this planet."

"That was uncalled for, Sam." Jacob said. "Selmac has been being honest with you, and..."

"And we've been being honest with him as well." Sam answered. "And you need to tell their High Council, that the Tok'Ra are not welcome, or needed in the Pegasus galaxy. We'll make our own mistakes, at our own pace, with the people that are going to be affected by them."

She grinned at him and added. "I'll put that in writing, or you can take the video with you, if you think you might forget any of it."

"That's no way to speak to your father, young lady." Jacob pouted, slouching down on the couch.

"I don't think either of you really understands what's happening here." She said as she got up and went over to stand in front of him. She held out her hand to him. "Come with me, Dad. I want to show you something."

She turned and looked at Tammy. "You come too, hon. You helped make it happen."

Tammy grinned as she got up and followed them into the city side bedroom, turning the lights off as she came in.

Sam led her father over to the window wall, and stood looking out over the city for a moment. Nearly all the towers were lit, and every building had at least a few lights burning. The city glowed like a gem against the night sky.

She reached out and took Tammy's hand before she spoke.

"That's our city, Dad." She said softly. "Six weeks ago, only a thousand people lived here, and only the central tower was occupied or used. It was going to waste."

She paused, letting him absorb what she'd said.

"Today, there's fifty thousand people living and working here. We're using more than a third of the shops and factories already, and more come online every day. And our people are happy, Dad. They feel safe, and they feel like they're doing something worthwhile."

She turned and looked at him, and her voice broke as she tried to speak again.

Tammy came up behind her, putting her arms around her waist.

"Aren't you proud of her, Jacob? Don't you think we're doing a good thing here?" She asked over Sam's shoulder. She smiled as she added, "Think about it, Jacob. Your daughter is queen of all she surveys, and she is much loved by her people."

"And you two did this, together." Jacob said softly, unable to take his eyes off the view before him.

"We had a little help, but yes, it was our idea." Sam whispered.

"I don't think proud covers it, baby." Jacob said, still not looking at them. "I was going to say something before we left...no, really, I was. But this. I don't think I understood before...the scale of it all."

Tears were running down his cheeks when he turned to face them. "God, I wish your mother was here to see this. She'd know what to say right now."

Tears burst from Sam's eyes as she threw herself into her father's arms, pulling Tammy along with her. Hugging him tightly with one arm, her face buried in his chest, she squeezed Tammy's hand as she pulled her around beside them.

"I think you said the right thing." Tammy said softly as she put her arms around them both.

"Shut up." Sam laughed, "You're spoiling the moment."

Interior-Bedroom

0015 Hours

Both Jacob and Landry had been scanned, Jacob to get a usable lifeform scan of the Tok'Ra, and Landry to see if he was carrying a symbiote. Both Sam and Tammy were relieved when they were told he was clean.

They had been put in separate suites in the North Tower for the night, with half a dozen marines outside each door. Squads of marines patrolled the floors above and below the one they were on.

When they had the scan of Selmac, Tammy called Zelenka and ordered him to program the cities life signs detector to include it, and to have the system set for hourly sweeps, with a lockdown protocol in place.

They were laying in bed now, with baby Jacob between them.

"I can't get her out of my mind." Sam said, looking over at Tammy. "What the hell happened over there? Why would someone want to kill them?"

"I don't know, Sam." Tammy said softly, not taking her eyes off the baby. "But she gave us a gift, and a tremendous responsibility. We're going to raise her son for her, and hopefully, help him become a man she would be proud of."

Sam smiled, and Tammy smiled back.

"What are you thinking?" She asked. "I like that smile."

"I didn't...I can't believe how good it felt when he was nursing on my nipple!" Sam giggled, her face turning bright red.

"I know, I wasn't expecting it either." Tammy laughed. "I guess it's just going to be a bonus, because I really think we should alternate between breast and bottle when we feed him. Kids that breast feed just do better. There's statistics on it and everything."

"And can you believe, O'Neill?" She said. "If he hadn't said something, junior here would have barfed all over you. I didn't know that newborns did that. I mean, I know babies puke and all, but he knew that it was a done deal. He didn't even flinch when it happened."

"He had a son." Sam said softly. "His name was Charlie. He died before Jack joined the program. I guess there's some things you just don't forget."

Tammy reached out and took Sam's hand, looking at her with a soft smile on her face.

"You don't want to wait till after the coronation, do you?" Sam smiled. "I don't either, I don't want him to be an only child."

"We can talk to Jennifer in the morning. She wants to do it in vitro, and I thinks that's a good idea. We'll only have to wait a day or two."

Sam smiled as she nodded.

"We're starting our family." She said softly. "I'm so happy right now."

"I know, so am I." Tammy said. She looked down at Jacob, stroking his back gently. "What do you think of that, little man? We're going to make you a brother and sister to grow up with. Pretty kewl, huh?"

(-)

So ends Chapter One of Book Three, Changes. Read Chapter Two to see what happens next.

Please leave a comment on whether you like the story or not...getting feedback helps in the writing process...