Confirming Carter Bk. 03 Changes Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He poured them both a cup of shinna, pointing at a pale yellow liquid and a powdery brown substance in small bowls. "These are like your milk and sugar." He said.

"I drink mine black." She said as she leaned closer, looking over the tray of pastries, then looking up at him. "Which ones do you like Ladon?"

He grinned, pointing at a long round pastry on the end.

"These are my favorite." He said. "They have a thick, sweet cream inside that I've loved since I was a boy."

She picked one up and bit into it, her eyes going wide as she smiled broadly.

"Oohh mawh gahw!" She gasped around a mouthful. "Thihh ihh..." She stopped, chewing, then swallowing quickly, then smiling at him again. "That is incredible, can I ge..."

"I'll send a box home with you." He laughed. "Is there anything else you want to take home with you?"

"Well, that lamp over there is lovely, and Daniel would love that parchment you have over by the door. He's an archeol..." She stopped when she saw the look on his face. "Oh, you weren't being serious, were you?"

"No." He said, shaking his head. "But you were saying that we'd have unrestricted trade with Atlantis and the Travelers..."

"I believe I said, full access to goods, not unrestricted trade." She said, shaking her finger at him. "But you would have access to our medical technology, assistance in testing your people for the ancient gene, and our therapy for any that have the latent gene."

She took another bite from her pastry before she continued.

"The therapy doesn't work on everyone, I'm sorry to say." She told him. "I've tried it twice, and it failed both times. From what they told me, it works in about eighty percent of cases. You can have the doctor's talk about that."

"I'm a scientist actually." He told her. "So I want to hear more about it, but I can wait." He picked up a pastry, looking at her as he bit into it, nodding for her to continue.

"We'd also offer training on any non-weapons ancient technology you may already have in your possession, or may acquire. We will not offer training on weapons, or supply you with any weapons systems themselves."

"Understandable." He said as he wiped his mouth with a napkin. He smiled as he sat the pastry back on the tray. "After the performance in the plaza, I wasn't expecting you to be quite so generous. That show of force was meant to intimidate, so I have to admit, I am genuinely relieved."

"Oh, that wasn't a show of force! That was pageantry!" She laughed. "A girl likes to make an entrance when she's meeting new friends! I mean, really!"

"You certainly made an entrance." Radim said as he got up and walked over to his desk. He picked up the phone, speaking quietly for a moment, then turned and looked at her. "It's going to take a few minutes to get your things together. Would you like to meet my cabinet, and some of my other advisors while we're waiting?" He asked.

"Not especially." She said, frowning slightly. She smiled as she added, "But I'd love to see more of your city. I thought it was lovely."

Interior-Robotics Lab

1400 Hours

"We're away, colonel." Caldwell said, leaning back in his chair.

"What took you so long, Stephen? They finished talking almost an hour ago." Sam said.

She stretched out on the couch, holding the tablet up over her so she could see him.

"Radim took her on a walking tour of the city while they were waiting for some gifts he promised her." Caldwell laughed. "By the time they were..."

"Oh no! She didn't!" Sam laughed.

"She sure did." Caldwell laughed. "She had her escort loaded down like pack mules before they were done. From what I could tell listening to them, he was having as much fun as she was. He was actually pointing out things he thought she'd like after a while. They really hit it off."

"He related to her much better than me last night when we talked, that's why I brought her in." Sam said. "I think he's a little scared of me, so I just sat back and listened."

"Well, we'll be back in an hour or so, and she can give you a full report then." He told her.

"That's fine Stephen, we'll see you then." She smiled, then tapped the tablet off and tossed it onto the table.

She rolled off the couch and walked over to the porter. Looking the guard up and down, she smiled and said, "I'm going over to the robotics lab for a few minutes. I'll be coming right back, but do you want to come anyway?"

"Yes, ma'am, thank you." He said as he followed her into the porter.

"I like that suit." She said as they stepped of the porter.

He followed her down the hall to the lab, and stiffened, reaching for his weapon when he saw a naked man standing across the room.

"Stand down." She laughed. "He's friendly, very friendly, if you know what I mean." She glance over at him as she walked over and stood in front of Boris.

"Hi Boris, how are you, baby?" She asked as she looked him over, turning him as she moved around him.

"I am fine mistress." he said as she came back around in front of him. "My cock is gett..."

"Abort Boris." She said quickly, glancing over at the guard.

"Sorry about that." She said. "There's still a few bugs we have to work out."

"Is that a replicator?" He asked, reaching out to touch Boris's cheek.

"No, and don't do that." She said quickly. "He has a self protection protocol, and I don't want you to get hurt." She glanced over at him as she opened a cabinet against the wall. "What's your name? You're not as freaked out as I expected you to be."

"Boris ma'am. Boris Matthison." He answered, trying not to smile. "But are you serious, would he really try to fight me?"

"Not yet." Sam laughed, bringing a tray over and sitting it on the table. "Right now, he'll just give you a nasty shock to keep you away. I still have some work to do on the system."

"That's amazing." Matthison said as he walked around Boris, looking at him closely. "What he for? I mean, why did you bui..."

"I didn't build him. I'm just refining the programming." She said. "Tammy drew up the schematics, but he was built by an ancient system. He's actually an android, one of the predecessors to the replicators."

She flipped the lid on the tray up and started going through the contents. Matthison came over, bursting out laughing as he looking in the tray.

"I'm sorry, ma'am." He said, when he got himself under control. "That just took me by surprise."

"That's okay." She smiled, "I got the wrong one anyway." She said as she closed the lid and slid it down the table, then went back over to the cabinet and pulled another tray out, lifting the lid before she came back to the table.

She turned and looked at Matthison, trying not to smile. "Before I do anything else, I have to tell you that this is a classified project. Tammy and I are the only ones that know about it. On that note, you are not, under any circumstances, to discuss what you've seen in this room, especially with Ronin and Cisco. Is that clear?"

"Yes ma'am." He said, then grinned sheepishly. "But you're a little late. The marines that were escorting Lady Tammy have been shooting their mouths off for days about what they heard going on in here. Apparently, she got pretty loud a few times."

She stared at him in surprise, then smiled. "So they said they heard her in here, but never saw anything? None of them actually came in here?"

"Not that I heard, but I got it secondhand, so I can't say for sure." He said.

"Okay, then they probably just think she was meeting someone down here to fuck." She said to herself. She looked up at him and smiled. "What I said goes. Keep this to yourself. If it gets out, I'll know where it came from."

"Yes ma'am." He said. "But you don't get this job by shooting your mouth off. Protecting the royal family means more than just keeping you alive."

"Cisco told Andi the same thing the other day. I guess that's where you got it?" She said as she went over and opened another cabinet. She pulled out a suit, holding it up, then glancing back over at him. "This is about the same color as yours, don't you think?"

"Yes ma'am." He said.

"Good." She said as she came over and dropped it on the table. "Call Sheppard and get a list of all the marines assigned to escort Tammy last week. Then call Dr. Samuels, and tell her that I want a list of everyone that has accessed the porter on this floor and this room in the last week, tell her she can get Chuck to help if she needs to."

She turned to her Boris and handed him the shirt, smiling at him as she dropped to her knees in front of him. "Let's get you dressed baby." She said as she changed his penis, putting her favorite back on. "Then you can come watch mama chop some people's heads off."

Interior-Auditorium, Central Tower

1530 Hours

Every marine in Atlantis had been assembled and were seated in the auditorium. At the front of the room, three enlisted men, three sergeants, and two officers sat behind a long table. Sam and Tammy sat off to the side with Boris, Matthison, and three other guards standing behind them.

Sheppard stepped through the doors at the back of the room and strode up the aisle. When he reached the table at the front of the room, he picked up a folder, then turned to face the marines.

"You have been assembled to witness criminal proceedings against nine of your fellow marines." He began, then paused, waiting for the marines to quiet down before he continued. "We will begin with the most serious of the proceedings. Bring in the prisoner." He said curtly.

A marine wearing a t-shirt, fatigue pants and combat boots was brought in and marched up the aisle. His escorts stopped in front of Sheppard, and the three of them came to attention. The prisoner started to salute, but one of the other marines grabbed his wrist, forcing his arm down.

"Prisoners do not salute." Sheppard said quietly, then opened the folder he was holding, glancing down at it.

"Private Richard Harper, you are charged with breaking and entering, grand theft, sabotage of a scientific experiment, espionage, and treason. Have each of these charges been explained to you?"

"They have, sir." Harper responded.

"You have the right to representation by counsel of your choice. Do you wish to be represented at this proceeding?"

"Yes sir, I request that Lt. Miller represent me."

Lt. Miller stepped forward, coming stiffly to attention in front of Sheppard.

"Lt. Miller, have you spoken to the accused, and reviewed the evidence against him?" Sheppard asked

"I have sir."

"Are you ready to proceed?"

"No sir, but the accused wishes to proceed immediately to trial." Miller answered.

"Very well." Sheppard said. He looked over at Harper. "Richard Harper, how do you plead to the charges against you?"

"Not guilty, sir."

Sheppard nodded and stepped to the side while Harper and Miller were led to seats in the front row.

"Capt. Kleinman will present the state's case." Sheppard said as he sat down. "You may proceed captain."

Kleinman stepped forward and spoke to the marines seated at the table.

"For the first charge, breaking and entering, the state will to present evidence that on May Ninth of this year, the accused did willfully circumvent a door control pad, and illegally enter a secured research lab."

He paused, nodding to a marine seated off to the side.

"Video evidence will show the accused..."

"Wait!" Harper said. "I want to change my plea!"

Sheppard stood up, motioning for Kleinman to join him. They went over and stood in front of Harper.

"At this stage of the proceedings, you only have two choices regarding a plea. Guilty, or not guilty. A plea of not guilty due to mental instability must be entered prior to these proceedings beginning. Do you understand what I'm telling you?" Sheppard asked.

"I understand, and I want to change my plea, colonel." Harper said.

"You understand that two of the charges are capitol crimes, and carry the death penalty?" Sheppard said slowly. "If you plead guilty, the panel will have no choice but to pass sentence."

"I know, colonel." Harper said, glancing over at Sam and Tammy. "But I know they won't kill me. I just know it."

Sheppard stepped closer, his face inches from Harper's.

"They called these proceedings you moron." He said harshly. "What ma..."

"Colonel, my client has stated that he wishes to change his plea to guilty." Miller said. He glanced at Harper and added, "I guess you want to throw yourself on the mercy of the court as well?"

Harper nodded, and Sheppard stepped back, then turned to take his seat. "Get on with it." He said over his shoulder.

Miller stepped forward, addressing the panel. "At this time, the accused wishes to change his plea to guilty, and throw himself on the mercy of the court. The defense rests."

The marines seated at the table stood up and went into one of the rooms at the front of the auditorium. They were back less than five minutes later.

When they were all seated again, a sergeant at the middle of the table stood up, holding a sheet of paper in his hand.

"Private Richard Harper, you have pled guilty to all the charges against you." He said slowly. "Are you ready for us to pass sentence?"

Harper and Miller stood up and faced the panel, Harper glanced over at Sam and Tammy, then back at the panel.

"I am." He said calmly.

"Very well." The sergeant said. "This court orders that you be stripped of all rank, medals, and honors, then dishonorably discharged from the Free Defense Forces of Atlantis, forfeiting all pay, benefits and allowances." He paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "This court also orders that you be executed by firing squad, said execution to be carried out at the discretion of the convening authority. May god have mercy on your soul."

Harper stared at him as he sat down, then turned to face the queens.

"I was stupid, but I never meant any harm." He said quietly. "I didn't know that she was a Genii spy, I was just showing off to a pretty girl. What I told her didn't seem that important, I wasn't giving her state secrets or anything, I don't know any."

He paused, standing up straighter. "The rest is all true. I broke into that lab and took some stuff. I deserve to be punished for that. That's all I have to say."

Tammy put her hand over Sam's as she started to stand up. She shook her head at her as she got to her feet and walked slowly over to stand in front of Harper.

She looked at him, and he met her gaze, not flinching away.

"I'm the one you hurt, the one you stole from, and betrayed." She said. "What this court says means nothing, it's my place to pass judgment on you."

Harper looked at her, and nodded. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"It's too late for that." She said, then took a step back.

"I'm going to commute your death sentence, but I'm going to exile you from my city." She said. "I won't have a man I know is a thief living with us." She paused, looking at him steadily. "We'll ask Stargate Command if we can return you to Earth, but if they refuse, you'll be sent to a habitable world to make your way as best you can. You are never to return to the city of Atlantis. If you do, you will be shot on sight. Do you understand?"

Harper nodded, then snapped to attention and saluted.

Tammy slapped him across the face, knocking him to the floor.

"Don't you dare." She said quietly. "You no longer have the right. You gave that up when you betrayed our trust."

She turned and walked back to sit next to Sam as two marines got him to his feet and escorted him from the room.

"There are no capitol crimes in any of the remaining cases." Sheppard said as he stepped back up in front of the table.

Before Sheppard could continue, Lt. Miller stood up.

"Colonel, all of the remaining accused were charged as a group, with identical charges. They request that they be tried as a group, considering that the bulk of the charges are conspiracy to commit acts each of the others are charged with."

"The state has no objection, and is ready to proceed." Kleinman said as he stood up.

Sheppard nodded and returned to his seat.

Lt. Miller stepped up in front of the table.

"If it please the court, the accused also wish to wave reading of charges, plead guilty, and throw themselves on the mercy of the court." He said. "They feel that it is in the best interest of our city that this matter be concluded quickly."

"This is highly unusual, your honors, but the state has no objection." Kleinman said from his seat.

"The court accepts the guilty pleas." A lieutenant at the end of the table said. "We will deliberate, and issue our ruling."

They didn't even leave the table this time, but passed sheets of paper down the table to the end. The lieutenant looked through the stack of papers, then stood and addressed the room.

"The court has agreed on a sentence. Have the prisoners brought in for the reading." He said.

"Your honors, the accused have authorized me to accept judgment in their place." Miller said. "They feel no good wi..."

"Are the accused aware that these proceedings are a matter of public record, and that they will not find shelter of anonymity by refusing to appear before this court?"

"Yes, you honor." Miller said. "As I stated before, they wish these proceedings to be concluded quickly so they may get on with their lives, and our city can put this behind us."

"Very well." the lieutenant said. "It is the ruling of this court that all eight defendants be stripped of all rank, medals, and honors, then dishonorably discharged from the Free Defense Forces of Atlantis, forfeiting all pay, benefits and allowances. In addition, they shall serve a term at hard labor, for no less then twelve, but not to exceed twenty-four months. At the completion of that term of incarceration, their citizenship shall be revoked. The court adds the stipulation that they may re-apply for citizenship after a period of no less than five years."

"Thank you, your honors." Miller said. "I will inform..."

"Have them brought into the room." Sam said as she stood up and started around the table. Tammy stopped her, taking her hand as she stood.

They moved to the front of the room and waited as the prisoners were brought in. When were lined up in front of them, she told the lieutenant to read the sentence again.

When he finished, they looked at each of them.

"Was it worth it?" Tammy asked softly. "You're no longer marines, and going to prison because you gossiped like old women and spread rumors about things you knew nothing about." She shook her head, tears running down her cheeks. "We trusted you...I trusted you, not just to protect my life, but my dignity. You robbed me of that."

"It was my fault." A man on the end said quietly. "I heard things in that lab, and told the others."

"We all did it, Simmons." Another said. "We had fun at their expense, and now we have to pay the piper."

"Did any of you stop to think about what you were doing?" Sam asked them. "Didn't you realize that..."

"Mickelson and Schultz." Simmons said, interrupting her. "They shouldn't even be here. All they did was listen."

"But they didn't do anything about a breach of security." Sheppard said angrily as he stepped over in front of them. "You sat around laughing and having a good time, making shit up. Don't try to deny it, I watched the videos."

He stepped over to a table and picked up several objects, then came back over in front of them.

"I don't know what was going on in that lab, and I don't care." He said. "What I do know, is that because of what she was doing in there, when one of my troops gets hurt, loses an arm or a leg, or gets burned and needs new skin, we're going to be able to fix them."

He held up an artificial arm in one hand, and a heart in the other.

"Replaceable limbs and organs." He said as he walked down the line. "She found these in the database, and has already given the research to Dr. Keller."