Confrontation Ch. 05

Story Info
Coming to terms.
7.1k words
4.63
30.5k
30

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 03/12/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lannasage
lannasage
642 Followers

Rhea woke up to find two surprising things; she was alone in her bed and someone was in her kitchen preparing...pancakes. She sat up slowly, she had half-expected Mitch to come in here sometime in the middle of the night and sneak into her bed, now she wasn't sure if she was glad or disappointed that he had proved her wrong.

She rubbed her arms to relieve them of numbness and inhaled deeply, blueberry pancakes, mmh, she could really use some of that right now. Her eyes suddenly grew wide as she realised the only person that could be in that kitchen was Mitch, and she had specifically told him she would NOT be feeding him.

She flew out of bed in a fit, prepared to give him more than a piece of her mind. He had some nerve defying her orders in her own house. She got to the kitchen and halted in her steps at the sight she met. Mitch was frying some bacon, two piles of pancakes stacked onto two plates on the counter as he told Jonas a story about dragons. They made such an adorable, perfect sight; Jonas listening in awe as he shoved blueberry pancakes into his mouth and drank some milk without completely chewing the pancake in his mouth.

As she studied the scene, she realised there were more pancakes than she had ingredients for, and then there were other items she knew weren't in her kitchen previously, like the large bottle of orange juice, the pack of crackers, the bowl of ice-cream and the box of chocolates on the dining table. She rarely bought any chocolates and ice-cream to prevent Jonas from getting a sweet tooth too early in life- plus, she didn't want to spend any money on dentists anytime soon.

Mitch had bought all of this? She smiled at his caring attitude, appreciating this new side of him. Maybe he wasn't as bad as she had thought after all. She coughed to alert them of her presence just when Mitch was about to end his story. Identical pair of emerald eyes turned to her in unison, both looking slightly miffed that she had interrupted the story just when it was getting good. She almost laughed at the sight they made, particularly Jonas, whose right cheek was puffed due to the food he had in his mouth, if she had a camera with her right now, she was sure to take an award-winning photograph.

"Good Morning." She began to break the ice, "I see I'm not missed." She added.

"Morning mama." Jonas replied after swallowing the chunk of pancake that had been in his mouth when she interrupted.

"Good Morning Rhea. Joining us for breakfast?" Mitch asked cheerily, but Rhea knew it was an intentional jab. Of course, she had denied him her food, so he just went and got some for himself, and now he was throwing that fact in her face...she should have banned him from using her cooking gas too.

"Where did all of this come from?" She asked, totally ignoring his question despite how much her mouth watered to get the taste of his cooking, it definitely had an inviting aroma.

He shrugged, "The grocery store, where else? Jonas woke up a bit early and wanted some blueberry pancakes, so we drove down to the grocery store and got some items for breakfast." He summarized like it was a daily routine with them. He was blending into the whole 'father' role a bit too quickly, but he loved every bit of it, if he had been told being a dad would be this awesome he wouls have been one a long time ago; having a little boy look up to you like you were some sort of demi-god and speak to you with such awe...Jonas didn't know he was his dad yet, but it felt the same to him anyway.

"Mitch makes the best blueberry pancakes ever! Mama." Jonas gushed.

Rhea raised her brows, "Does he now?" She asked, just a bit offended that Jonas would rate Mitch higher than her.

Jonas, recognising that as the 'oh-no-you-didn't' look, re-phrased his sentence, "I mean for a man"

Mitch smiled at what had just gone on and shook his head as he turned off the gas, "Rhea! Intimidating a child, I'm highly disappointed." He scolded, but his expression was far from stern.

Rhea rolled her eyes just as Mitch turned around fully to set the plate of bacon and a large jug of orange juice on the table. She had to admit, she had never thought a man could look so yummy in an apron and a wife-beater, his broad chest stretching the fabric and his toned arms showing off perfect biceps, she unconsciously licked her lips wishing those arms were currently around her, and those eyes were looking at her with lust rather than...concern? She snapped out of her day-dream long enough to hear him ask if she was okay, though by the smug smile on his face as he asked that question she knew he could tell what had her in a trance.

She frowned, "Lemme go freshen up a little. Will join you guys soon." She replied as she turned around and made her way back into her room. And by 'freshen up' she meant go into the bathroom to finish her day-dreaming and maybe curse out Mitchell Montgomery for arousing these feelings in her, and that would take longer than 'soon'.

*****

Mitch drove to Amy's elementary school in high spirits. Rhea insisted they enroll Jonas in the same school Amy was, and he had no qualms with that. He hummed his way there, he couldn't remember the last time, if ever, he had had a day this good. Everything felt so right, this morning with Rhea and Jonas had been awesome, in fact it scared him a little just how perfect they seemed; everyone at the table, talking and laughing about random things, even the receptiveness of Jonas toward him barely a week after he had been hostile was heart-warming. He was feeling the whole 'family' vibe a bit too quickly, he knew very well he would need Rhea's co-operation to make them a real 'family' like he wanted and there was only so much he could achieve through threats.

If they were going to be together, he would prefer if both parties were willing participants, Lord knows he was willing to try whatever with her, but he really couldn't say where she stood as of now. Sometimes, he felt like they were on the same page, but just when he relaxed into the mood, she would zone out totally and become this stand-offish, aggressive shrew. It was like she enjoyed pulling his strings and playing him like he was some musical instrument- and she was the only woman who could do that to him.

Her current tune was Jared. He was aware she liked him, not romantically though, but it could be if Jared pushed just a little harder. Whatever he had with her right now was unstable, he was just a one-time thing, the only connection they shared was Jonas and a mind-blowing sexual connection, that was it. With Jared, she had more than that, she had a friend, and that would always beat some dude she fucked once. It scared him. He didn't want to lose her- he didn't want to lose them to Jared.

He parked his truck in the school's parking lot and stepped out, remembering all the times he had passed by this school and scoffed at all the mushiness that went on between parents and the kids they dropped off, he almost laughed at himself. Now it would only be a matter of days before he'd join that crew, how funny life was.

He made his way to the school building, once inside, he encountered a man he assumed to be the janitor- he was wearing a yellow over-all, and once up close, he read the nametag 'Jimmy', well, he wasn't the headteacher. The man looked him up and down, Mitch knew for a man as lanky as Jimmy was, he probably looked threatening, he was four inches taller and packed a lot more meat and muscle than the fella did. He recognised him as one of those who frequented Shawnie's bar- he was one of the loud talkatives he tried to avoid, they let this train-wreck around people's children? He hoped he was sober during working hours at least.

"Whaddaya want?" He asked in his really annoying, croaky voice, reminding Mitch of why exactly he hated listening to his tales.

"Is the headteacher in?"

Jimmy looked Mitch up and down, sizing him up, he knew the infamous Mitchell Montgomery, everyone in this county and beyond did, if not for his famiy's money, you'd definitely know him for his good looks and womanizing ways, he was just one of those people you couldn't afford to ignore, "Who wants to know?"

Mitchell frowned, "The person who's asking dumbbell."

Jimmy snickered, not the least bit offended by the accompanying insult- he had been called worse, "Why? Ya got a kid ya wanna enroll?"

"And if I do?" Mitchell spat, increasingly getting irritated by the drunk.

Jimmy laughed loudly, "Wow, you? A kid? I see all 'em fuckin' around finally got you a bastard." The words had barely left his lips when Mitch's fist connected with his jaw, the impact sent him crashing to the ground.

Mitchell stooped to the ground and grabbed him by his collar before he could scurry away, Jimmy had lost all of his previous bravado, and in place was terror. It was good he was terrified, Mitchell thought, he dragged him closer, "First off, bitch! My kid ain't no bastard, he's got a father. ME. Secondly, you better point me to the head teacher's office before I break your damn jaw." He growled.

A trembling Jimmy pointed to a door down the hall. Mitch gave him a tight smile and patted his cheek before standing straight up and making his way to the door, but just before he got in, Jimmy gave him some parting words, "I bet he don't even know you're his daddy."

Mitchell gripped the door handle tightly, he was tempted to turn around and beat that fool till every cop in all the precints of Texas got him off him, but he reigned in his emotions, he didn't want to get too famous before the first P.T.A meeting. Another part of him was angry due to the truth beneath those words, as much as he hated to admit it, technically, Jonas' inability to confidently say he was his father, made him somewhat of a bastard, it was no fault of his, but he was going to correct that in due time.

Taking a deep, calming breath, he knocked once, twice, before a female voice asked him in.

He stepped into the office and froze at the sight before him. Hannah was the school's headteacher? Why the hell did rash decisions have to bite him in the ass? He had met Hannah roughly two years ago, a month after his break-up with Noreen, he had made a drunken decision and taken her home after a night of drinking at Shawnie's, they had sex- nothing mind-blowing on his part, but he couldn't say same for her especially as she bugged him for months after that day. When he tired of her constant stalking, he made it crystal clear that whatever happened between them was a mistake that would never repeat it's self. He hadn't expected to meet her again, and definitely not as the head mistress of an elementary school. More importantly, what kind of people did they have around kids in this school? An alcoholic janitor, a slutty headmistress, who did they have as the school's counsellor? Flavor Flav?

A large grin was plastered on her pretty face once she saw him, her light blue eyes gleaming, "Why Mitchell, surprise, surprise, I never thought I'd see you in my office"

He cleared his throat, "Yeah, it's nice to see you again Hannah." He replied drily.

"Please, sit." She offered.

He eased into a nearby chair, his somewhat large body enveloping the entire area. They just sat there for minutes, she staring at him with a silly grin like a lovestruck teenager and he looking everywhere but at her as he tried to stop thinking how awkward this situation was, "listen Hannah, I..."

"There's no need to apologise Mitch, I understand."

He raised his brows, "Apologise? No, Hannah, I'm here to make an inquriy."

"What on?"

"On this school."

Her smile faded just a little, "You have a niece or a nephew you want to enroll here?" She asked, though as far as she and everyone in the town knew, Mitchell had no siblings, and whatever other relatives he had were either dead or on the other side of the country.

He shook his head, "No Hannah, I want to enroll my son."

The smile left her lips totally and the color drained from her face, "Your...your son? You're married?" She tried to sound calm and unaffected, but her shock and displeasure were evident in her voice.

"No, I'm not married...Amy Fletcher attends this school, right?" Mitch asked in an attempt to divert the conversation. Of course Amy went here, Rhea had made sure to call Lynn and ask before he came. He just didn't like the current conversation or where it was going.

Hannah nodded, she was a bit glad to hear Mitchell wasn't off the market yet, but she was far from relieved, the mother of his son could still pose a threat, "Yes, she began last year. So, is your son's mother in town?"

Mitch leaned forward, "I'm not here to discuss my son's mother, Miss Harlow, this is already awkward enough, I would appreciate some professionalism on your part." He replied.

For a while she stared at him. Perhaps trying to figure if he was joking, but his straight face said it all; this was no joke, an uneasy smile graced her features, "Mitchell..."

"Mr. Montgomery for now, please."

She raised her brows, what in the devil had gotten into him? He surely wasn't that easy going, carefree man she had met two years ago, no, he was different. She pursed her lips, both hurt and offended, "So, what would you like to know?" She asked tersely.

He smiled, despite her less-than civil tone, in his opinion, it was preferable compared to her previous one, "The school's curriculum would be a nice start." Came his curt reply.

*****

"That's not a word!" Jonas protested, pointing at the word Rhea had formed on the scrabble board. They had found it inside her closet and had been playing for the past hour.

"Yes it is' Rhea replied.

"Is not!" Jonas shouted, "Take it back!" He continued.

"No, I won't"

"What kinda word is sta..staph..sta...I can't even pronounce it. You're cheating!"

"Staphylococci is a big word for big people, I don't expect little people like you to know it." Rhea smiled.

His green eyes glared at her, apparently feeling insulted, "Well, I'm not playing anymore, you can go play with your big people, I'll play with my little people like Amy."

"Amy's just two, she can't read yet."

"Well, she's little, isn't she?" He shot back.

Rhea laughed, something Jonas didn't like going by his expression, "It was you who wanted to play with the big guns." She reminded him. He had insisted she play with him and even bragged about knowing more words than she did, hell, he sounded just like a miniature version of Mitchell before his ass-whooping began...she stopped herself. No, her son was nothing like Mitch.

"Next time we'll play something I can, like a video game, board games are boring."

Rhea laughed and ruffeled his unruyly curls, "Whatever you say sweetie." She packed up the game of Scrabbles and returned it to the closet it was gotten from.

There was a soft knock at the door just when she returned to the living room. She went to it and opened up to see Jared grinning at her, in his hand was a bag of what she guessed was more toys for Jonas, if he and Mitch kept on with all of this, they would soon have enough to rival 'Toys R Us'. She smiled still, there was just something about Jared that always made her smile, "Jared, hey, how are you?" She asked. He spread his arms for a hug and she obliged him, stepping into his warm embrace, his heavenly cologne invading her nostrils, she never asked him what it was called, but it was strong and masculine; it fitted him.

Jared hugged her a bit tighter than he had planned loving the feel of her soft body pressed against the hard planes of his. He had had countless dreams last night that involved her body and his tangled between his sheets, naked and sweaty, just the thought of those dreams began to have an impact on his lower region, he quickly blocked those thoughts so as not to appear a pervert of some sorts to Rhea and Jonas.

"I'm fine, how is Jonas doing?" He asked once they had ended their embrace.

Before Rhea could reply, Jonas jumped from behind her into Jared's arms, "Jared!" He shouted in excitement, "You came." He grinned.

Jared smiled, "Of course I did soldier, I promised I would yesterday, I see you're feeling better."

"Much better. Mitch made me blueberry pancakes."

Jared's smile faltered just a little hearing Mitch's name, he had been here? And had cooked? An uneasy feeling resided in him, he just couldn't stand the thought of Mitch around Rhea, he knew his capabilities more than anyone else, was he now trying to get to Rhea through Jonas? He didn't want to think of him in that light. He had told him about his feelings for Rhea, they were buddies, even if nothing else, he would have the honor to not pursue her knowing he was interested in her. He masked his displeasure at the news brilliantly, "Wow, that's nice. Well, I got you something, wanna see?"

"Yes, please!" Jonas grinned in anticipation of what he already knew was a new game- that Rhea would hopefully not share with him.

All three went into the house, where Jared set Jonas on his feet to take out a box Jonas instantly recognised as a racetrack. His eyes widened in a mixture of disbelief and excitement, " Guess what this is..." Jared teased.

"A race track! It's a race track mama!" He screamed as he jumped around ecstatically.

Jared stilled him by placing both hands on his shoulders, "Don't jump too much, we don't want you getting sick again." He warned.

Jonas jumped on him, flinging his arms around him in a hug, "Thank you Jared, thank you thank you thank you!" He chanted as he tightened his hold around Jared's neck.

Jared laughed, wrapping his hand around Jonas' little body, "You're welcome." He replied.

Half an hour later, Jared had set up the track for Jonas and they were playing their first game while Rhea prepared some sandwiches. She took a plate with her and three cups of orange juice into Jonas' room where they had set up the track. All three chatted for another hour and Rhea and Jared took turns to play a game with Jonas, both intentionally letting him win.

Jonas was soon exhausted due to a combination of an exciting day and some sleeping medications he had taken. Jared tucked him in for a nap while Rhea took the cups and dish into the kitchen.

Jared walked in just when Rhea bent to take out some dishes in the dish washer, he froze momentarily. The sight of her curvy derriere jutting out so provocatively made his throat dry and his mouth water all at the same time. He could just see himself walking a few feet closer, placing his hands upon her waist and pulling that lovely behind flush against his semi-erect hardness, he would grind into her for a while, her moans of approval serving as the fuel to his blazing fire. He would take his ministrations further by reaching for her full breats, she would whisper his name and tell him she wanted more, ask him to take her against the counter. He would oblige her, himself too dazed with lust to do otherwise. She would stand straight up, giving him the opportunity to unbutton her shorts, he would slip his hand inside of them, past the barrier of her panties where his expert fingers would find her wet heat, all this time, his other hand still fondling her breast and tweaking the now peaked nipple through the fabric of her shirt. He would stroke her soaking slit and she would arch into his hand, finally his finger would sink into the hot, moist solace her sheath offered as they would both groan finding some form of satisfaction.

He shook his thoughts away, realising that he was going to be hard as a rock if that fantasy went any further and he'd have to explain to her why he was standing by the door with his seven-inch cock pointing to high heavens. That would be awkward.

He coughed to alert her of his presence, if nothing else to end the show that was causing a riot within him as much as that killed him.

lannasage
lannasage
642 Followers
12