Consumed Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once in the bedroom, Liam sat up against the headboard of the bed and beckoned Chris to come lay down with him. Once Chris was lying against him, Liam began.

"Chris, I know that Grandma already talked to you about this, but I'll tell you again. Your mom and dad died in a fire at your house. You and Cassie are going to stay with me from now on. I'll take care of both of you. You don't have anything to worry about. I'm really sorry that you and Cassie have to go through this, but I'll be here for you and so will Grandma and Grandpa. Okay? We're a family and we love you both." By this time Chris was curled up against Liam, crying his little broken heart out. Liam couldn't hold back either and started crying too.

"Uncle Liam, Cassie and me should have been in the house too. If we were, would we be with Mommy and Daddy still?" Chris asked.

"Oh, Chris, please don't say that," Liam said between sobs. "I couldn't stand it if I lost you guys too. Neither could Grandma and Grandpa. We need you here with us. That's why God made sure you weren't in the house, so you guys could stay here with us. Do you understand?" He added, while rolling Chris against him and hugging him tightly, both of them having huge tears rolling down their faces.

Pulling back slightly, Chris asked, "So, I'm never going to see them again?"

"Someday, you will, but right now, you guys are here and you have me and your Grandma and Grandpa who love you very much." Then added, "Hey, why don't you come and sleep with me tonight. Figuring at this point, they both needed the comfort of each other right now.

"Okay." Chris replied, as they both got up and headed to bed.

It was three o'clock in the morning, this time, when Liam heard Cassie again, calling for Mommy. Untangling himself from Chris, he headed to her room.

"Hey sweetie, Mommy's not here right now, remember? What's wrong? What do you need?" Liam said, trying to sooth her.

"I went pee pee, Uncle Leem." She replied.

"Oh, okay. Come on then, let's get you out of these wet pajamas and cleaned up." He said.

After he had Cassie cleaned up and in dry pajamas, he left her in his bed curled up with Chris while he changed her sheets and put all the wet bedding in the washer.

By the time he got back to bed, it was almost four thirty in the morning. It was when he was laying there, trying to go back to sleep, that he thought about the fact that Jack never called him tonight. Getting back up, he headed to his cell phone to see if he had missed any calls. Sure enough, he had missed Jack's call last night. Crawling back into the rather cramped bed, he thought,'Well, nothing I can do about it tonight', while still feeling a little tinge of disappointment from having missed the call,'I'll just talk to him in a few hours.'However, he still silently cried himself to sleep. Even with all the support he's had so far, he still couldn't help feeling all alone.

12