Controlled Turmoil Ch. 01

Story Info
He meets an intriguing woman.
2.1k words
4.08
11k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sunlover
Sunlover
59 Followers

It was one of those dreary cloudy winter days when you would rather be sitting at home reading a good book than out and about. Unfortunately it was also a couple of weeks before Christmas and I had a few shopping obligations I had to get out of the way. I had spent a couple of hours browsing for some gifts for my wife and our granddaughter when the hungry bug hit me. I headed for the food court in the mall. I spent some time trying to decide on what I wanted and finally settled on a piece of pizza. I got my pizza and a diet coke and found one of the last tables available. The court was packed, as were all the stores this close to Christmas.

I sat nibbling on my pizza and sipping on my coke thinking about my situation. I had been married to the same woman for thirty-five years. Over the last couple of years things had been unraveling just a little. It seemed like just about anything she told me anymore grated on my nerves. She was constantly thinking of remodeling, and yard chores to do around the house. It was almost constant, and those things just don't appeal to me. It seemed like the only time she spoke to me was to comment on me leaving things where I shouldn't, or to tell me to do something. Just this morning she had told me to shovel the drive because of the new snow. I really don't understand the reasoning behind that since all the vehicles we own are four wheel drive. It seems that she constantly nags me. Last night I had gotten upset with her because she makes a racket when I fall asleep in front of the television. This isn't the first time it has happened. I try to be quiet when she falls asleep on the couch watching television.

When I mentioned this, after she woke me up, her response was something to the effect that if you're going to sleep you should go to bed. I'm sure I do things to upset her as well, but I had really been putting forth an effort to be more loving, hugging her and doing dishes, and cleaning without being asked. I'm just at a loss at what to do. Sue and I seem to have grown apart over the last few years. The kids all left home, and at first it seemed like we were newlyweds again, lots of sex and no interruptions. But then we began to realize that her interests and mine diverged. She is a homebody and I have a wanderlust that just won't quit. She agreed to let me buy a camper last year, stating that she hoped we would use it enough to justify the cost. Last summer she began complaining about being gone from home too often. I even took a week long vacation by myself with the camper but found traveling alone somewhat boring.

I still have a fondness for her. I don't want to breakup on anything like that. I know that that would devastate our kids, even though they are out on their own now. Also, she just lost her job and has been somewhat down about that. We have too many memories to even think about separating. She really has a lot of pluses as well. She is fairly uninhibited when it comes to sex. She is willing to have sex fairly often, and willing to try new and different things. From what I read on the net most women have so many hang-ups about sex, I guess I am lucky in that respect.

My train of thought was interrupted and I glanced up to see a lady about 50, holding a tray of food, standing near my table, obviously looking for a place to sit. I caught her eye and told her she was welcome to sit at my table if she liked. I was nearly done. She graciously accepted and put her tray on the table. She took off her coat and placed it on another chair opposite the chair my coat was in. I made a motion to stand as she seated herself, out of courtesy. I grew up with some manners and age has dulled them some, but not completely. I offered her my hand and introduced myself.
"Hi, my names Bob Rutherford," I said.

"Hi, my names Linda Jenkins," she replied taking my hand and smiling.

I appraised her appearance as she seated herself, as I'm sure she did mine. She was dressed sharply, in jeans that fit her snugly and a black cashmere sweater, with a gold locket on a gold chain. She was about average height, about 5' 4", and weight, about 120 pounds, with lovely, shoulder length, auburn hair. Her face was friendly and slightly noble with high cheekbones and dark brown eyes.

I wonder what she thought as she observed me. I am about 5' 10" and 180 pounds. I have short light brown hair and green eyes. I'm far from a hunk as they call it nowadays, really pretty average, I would guess.

I commented on the crowded conditions of the food court and the mall in general. We both agreed about our dislike of the hectic and mandatory requirements that the holiday season brings on. Our conversation seemed easy and not stilted like some I have had with other ladies. Linda seemed open and genuinely interested in what I had to say. I told her about my wife and family, two grown kids, one grandchild, work, and interests. She replied with the same information about herself. She was divorced and lived by herself. Her daughter was married and lived in another state, but had no children yet. She appeared to be too busy with her career Linda lamented.

Before I knew it nearly an hour had passed and my pizza and coke were long gone. I knew I really needed to exit graciously, and let her get on with her shopping, but I desperately wanted to see her again. I found myself in an awkward position. I didn't know how to approach it. Having just told her I was married she most likely would not want to have anything to do with me.

Finally I came up with an idea. "I'm having a terrible time finding a nice gift for my wife, and I just love that locket you are wearing. Would you have a few minutes to run over to Dillards and help me pick out a locket?" Much to my surprise she agreed.

We emptied and stacked our trays and walked the short distance to Dillards, continuing to talk as we went. It seemed as thought we could talk about numerous things with equal enthusiasm. We went to the jewelry counter and asked to see the lockets. The sales lady pulled out a couple of display boards showing various lockets and we glanced over them. Linda told me which ones she liked the best and I finally decided on an gold oval locket with rich looking scroll work design on it, and an 18" gold chain.

I was still at a loss as to what to do next. I really wanted to see Linda again. Finally I just built up the nerve and said, "Look, I'm married and really reasonably happy with that arrangement, but I have really enjoyed visiting with you today. Would you be willing to get together for another lunch sometime, perhaps next weekend?"

Much to my surprise she said she would also enjoy getting together again, just to have some male companionship and talk. I suggested a Mexican restaurant across town, where I figured there was little chance of running into someone that either one of us knew.

The week drug by slowly as I anticipated the weekend meeting we had arranged. We had exchanged phone numbers in case something happened and one of us could not make it Saturday, we could let the other know. I had given Linda my cell phone number, which I kept with me all the time so as not to raise suspicion at home if she should have to call. I was tempted several times to call, but didn't want to appear over anxious.

Finally Saturday arrived. I had give Sue a somewhat lame excuse about meeting a friend of mine to help him pick out some gifts for his wife. I dressed casually and headed out of the house around 10:00 to make my 11:30 meeting. I was anxious and nervous. I felt like a kid on a first date again, even though I kept telling myself it really wasn't a date. It was just an innocent get-together. I got to the restaurant about a half hour early. I parked my car in the parking lot and sat there thinking. I reasoned with myself that I was not being unfaithful; I was just having lunch with an acquaintance. This line of reasoning finally won out and I went into the reception area about 11:20. I was surprised to see Linda sitting there waiting for me. I must have been so engrossed in thought that she parked without me noticing. When I inquired I found that she had parked on the street side and that is the reason I hadn't seen her enter.

The receptionist seated us and provided us with menus. We glanced at each other and smiled. I had mixed emotions churning through me. I felt like I was conspiring, but I also felt that I could control the situation. We ordered and lunch came. We picked over our food; both too busy talking to eat much. We finally had all we wanted to eat and were still engrossed in conversation about everything from our favorite books, to our favorite vacation spots. We had occupied the table for about two hours and I for one felt that we should vacate and allow some of the waiting dinners a chance to eat. I took the bill and we walked up to the cashier. It seemed that neither one of us wanted this to end.

"Why don't we go over to my house and visit for awhile? It isn't but about 20 minutes from here, and on your way home." Linda said.

I gave it some very brief thought and agreed. I knew that this may very well be a turning point in the relationship, and wasn't so sure I could control it any longer, but I was willing to take the chance.

"Pull out and follow me. I'm in a silver Honda Civic parked out in front of the restaurant. Do you have your cell phone in case we get separated?" Linda asked.

I told her I did and we each proceeded to our cars. I pulled my car out of the parking lot and saw her pulling out of her slot and fell in behind her. She kept me in sight and we didn't have any problem getting to her home. It was a pretty little ranch. Linda pulled into the garage and I parked in the drive. She motioned me into the garage and we entered the house into a kitchen area. I had thought about what might happen all the way over. Now the time had come. Linda, took a little of the tension out of the moment by offering to show me through the house. It was really very comfortable and clean. Her taste in furniture ran to a mix of antique pieces and comfortable lounging chairs.

She showed me the bedrooms and what she called her activity room, which she kept fairly cluttered and used for her crafts, sewing, etc. We got back out to the living room adjacent to the kitchen and she turned on a stereo. I heard the soft notes of Kenny G begin to emanate from the speakers. We were standing beside each other. She looked into my eyes. I looked into her eyes. I bent slightly and took her in my arms. I put my mouth to hers and the kiss that followed ignited me. It was more intense than anything I had experienced in years. We kissed for several seconds. I held her to me as we finished our kiss. She put her head on my shoulder and I could feel her soft warm breath on my neck. I could smell the lilac smell of shampoo in her hair. Well so much for controlling the situation I thought.

Note: If you are female and would like to assist me in this story please email me with your email address. I would love to have a female coconspirator in this affair.

Sunlover
Sunlover
59 Followers