Corporate Family Dinner Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"OK, talk," I said as neutrally as possible.

Her voice was kind of shaky, but she did look a bit better than the last couple of days.

"First, there aren't enough words in the language to try and tell you how very, very sorry I am about so many things the last 9 years."

I wasn't going to interrupt but I couldn't help myself, "you've been screwing other men for 9 years?"

"No, only 2 years. Only - listen to me." and tears started leaking out of her eyes. "But I've mistreated you in other ways, and taken you for granted for at least 9 years - as far as I can remember clearly now. And I am so ashamed and sorry about that. I...don't know exactly why I got that way. I don't think I always was and I've been trying to figure it out. That's no excuse. And it wasn't your fault at all. Not one bit really - though I used to blame you inside my head."

"It's probably too late for us. I know that. But I want to change and fix me. I can't stand myself the way I am now. I once wanted to be a psychologist and just help other people. You know that. I never wanted to just be a "successful" real estate agent and make a lot of money - and I never wanted to be a whore. Just greedy. But that's what I became."

Here she really started crying but I didn't touch her. Just watched and waited.

After a few minutes she said, "I sold the Infiniti today and I severed all ties with the Agency. I bought the Highlander as the new family car. I put almost $20,000 in the joint checking account. You can spend as much as you want to or need to. You can take it all, if you want. This isn't to make amends. Nothing I can do now will do that."

Her voice started really shaking now. "Before we talk about anything else. You need to hear a phone call I recorded today. I thought it might have been a real estate client calling me after seeing one of our ads or listings - so I hit my record app. Just listen."

And she played the whole call. A couple things hit me in the gut, hard. Being checked for possible STD infections. The oily smirky voice of Sam and her obvious disdain and rejection of him now in all and every ways. The blackmail threat and the videos. The implied threat against me IF Elaine didn't "handle me". Was this her way of merely "handling me"? I made a mental note.

I was silent for a few seconds, then, "play it again please."

And we listened to it together again. "Send me a copy of this in an email," I said.

"I'm not sure I know how", she replied.

"OK. I'll get us some technical help. I am an Android guy myself and this recording could be very, very important. We can't lose it because we don't know how to email it. Does Sam know you recorded him? I didn't hear a warning or beeps or anything?"

"No, the other party doesn't know. It may not be legal but I just always used it personally to make sure I remembered everything clients would tell me, especially when I was driving."

"We'll worry about the legality issues later, if ever."

"You didn't sound very friendly with Sam in that call."

Silence. Finally, "I was never really friendly with any of the other men I screwed. It wasn't romance or affection or even attraction. I never dated any of them. I screwed them for some other purpose - some business purpose like closing a real estate deal and last weekend helping you out in YOUR business, I imagined and told myself. And I just got so warped in my thinking I must have unconsciously transferred that "logic" to you. I know now that is insane, but that's what I did. Jesus, you never even vocalized or fantasized about me acting that way with other men. And I KNEW you didn't like it when I saw your face Friday night when I told you, But I couldn't break out of my own insane version of reality right then anyway."

More silence. A heavy sigh. "But I will tell you right now. I always came with every one of the men I slept with. Every time. It was so - nonsensical to me. I wasn't actually addicted to the sex, but I was addicted to kind of a feeling of power and getting more money and the orgasms were just kind of an added "bonus" - and I kept telling myself I wasn't really cheating you because YOU were the only man I loved and wanted to be married to and sleep with every night. And you would never find out anyway because I was so careful and kept you satisfied sexually, now, as well. And then I just came right out and slapped you in the face with it Friday. How stupid IS that?" All this came out in a kind of rush.

And she let out a little vocal choke and the tears flowed some more.

I didn't know what to say. My problem was that I still loved her. Damn her. But now I also hated her and she disgusted me and I feared her as well. She had hurt me as badly as anyone had ever hurt me, and she still had that power over me. That phone call hurt me in many ways. Pretty obviously at least 3 other guys fucked her - but I knew the names now and would do some further research. Three more guys in just two nights and she came every time with each. I threw-up a little in my mouth at the thought, but my cock also twitched. What. The. Fuck. She was too dangerous for me to love - but the danger and her talking had also excited me at the most basic animalistic sexual level. That was also scary and frustrating as hell. It was almost like a sign - 'this path leads to Hell' - kind of warning if I took her in my arms again. Fuck. .... Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"What do you want?" I finally said. "You and me living together as man and wife right now isn't going to happen...capisce?"

"Yes. But that IS what I really want but it would be the end of us if that happened now, too soon. I think I understand that. I need to fix myself, or get fixed, mentally somehow, if it's possible. All I want is for you not to kick me out or leave yourself, for now. I want to start going to graduate school, actually. I will get a school secretary type job somewhere, part time. I think I could get my Masters in Psychology in about a year, as a full time all-time student - and then I could qualify for some counseling jobs. But - can we afford that? Did you really quit IMT&R?"

"Yes, I resigned. Two more weeks pay and that's that. And the $10k 401k plan..."

"What are you going to do? Can I ask?"

"I've got a new job already. It doesn't pay as much as what I am making now, but it's enough for me. Enough for you? Who knows, eh?"

"I don't care about the money, now. Honestly. Will you tell me more about the job? Do you really like it?"

"No. I will have some ... privacy, if not secrets, from you now. I may be seeing some other women as well. Maybe I need to fix me a bit also. I don't think I may be quite as blameless as you just said in reviewing our whole history. But I never cheated on you at all the whole time we were married and I never even thought about any other women. Not really. It IS a big fucking deal - whether "romance" was involved or not. And you SHOULD have known that. You actually made a vow once. But now we are...separated, emotionally and physically, even though we share the same roof. I need to think about all this for a while.

"Jules should be home soon and let's try to have a normal dinner together - for her. I will tell you after she goes to bed tonight what I decide - at least for now."

"Go make dinner if you want to - or order pizza or something. Leave me alone now. I'll be up at 5."

Tonight was going to be a test. Simply whether Elaine and I could fake being at least "OK" with each other to comfort Jules. If we couldn't, then the obvious tension and stress would be worse for Jules and I would be looking to move out immediately. With Elaine's hooker cash, actually. Thanks, Elaine.

Elaine did well and I guess I did OK. Dinner was basic, simple, and good - and pleasant with us all sitting at the table. Julia was bubbly and had already done most of her homework. I told her to finish up and we'd all watch a movie - maybe even a PPV - after that.

"Anything you want to watch?" I asked her, expecting the latest Disney cartoon maybe in response.

"Well, all my friends are talking about that new "Mad Max" movie. I'd like to watch it."

"OK, we'll see. Go finish your homework."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Elaine. "Mad Max? Isn't that R rated?"

She gave me a little grin. "Yeah. I've talked with some of the other mothers and that's what the kids - and especially the girls like - since a young woman is basically a blood-and-guts type heroine. There isn't any sex in it, but lot's of violence. I guess it would be OK, but if you say "no" I'll back you right up."

Geesh - my 11 year old precious little daughter. I guess we would start watching it and if it was too bad I could always turn it off and deliver a nice teachable moment lecture. Sure.

We all sat on the couch almost like before black Friday. Except I was at one end with Jules in the middle and Elaine at the other end. Before I would have been in the middle with "my girls" on either side. And Elaine snuggled up against me. Julia would if she got scared about something - or merely sleepy. It was a banal yet wonderfully relaxing feeling for me, once.

Jules was entranced by the movie from the getgo. It was OK but I found it just kind of weird in many ways. Elaine and I glanced at one another occasionally while checking out Jules' reaction to some of the worst stuff. She grimaced at some of the violence but it was SO over-the-top cartoonish it lost real visceral impact, I thought. Jules never got scared enough to need me - to scoot next to me. I missed that more than I wanted to admit. My little girl was growing up and no matter WHAT eventually happened between Elaine and me - I was going to lose my little girl. Just... time happening.

After the movie, Jules seemed happy and excited - but not too much. I thought she wouldn't have much trouble sleeping tonight. I kissed her goodnight and Elaine went up with her to get her settled in.

I waited and soon Elaine came back downstairs. She had changed into her nightgown I guessed but was fully robed.

"That was pretty nice," she said hopefully.

"Yes. I think you guessed it. Tonight was a test to see how well we could fake it. I thought you did well. What about me? Your honest opinion."

"You should have sat in the middle like normally...but I understand. I think you did well and Jules is happier now. She didn't ask me if we were getting a divorce like she did this morning. That's an improvement, I hope. So?"

"OK - I'll try it if you still want to. Only a few more stipulations. We can both end this...situation...at any time by just moving on out. I may be seeing other women but I won't bring any of them to the house, ever. I expect the same of you. If you see other men never bring them here - not even when you KNOW neither Jules or I are here. Understand?"

"Yes, but I won't be seeing other men..."

"Don't make promises you might not be able to keep. Plus, right now, I just don't care what you do outside the house, except also no unexplained absences that would worry Julia - about you and about us and our relationship. We have got to be committed to this new fake marriage wholeheartedly for Jules right now."

"OK?"

"Yes - but, I think you should move back into the bedroom, for appearances..."

"I'll think about it. I'll talk about some things with Jules, tomorrow, about my new job and the long hours and even more travel I am going to have to do now. With real early starts that covers the work week. But if I can't figure a reasonable excuse for the weekends then I might do that - just for Jules. Don't you push me."

"OK, goodnight" she whispered and went up to bed alone.

I had a lot to think about. Sam Harrison - VP of Sales, Walter Tinsdell CFO, Ben something on the Bd. of Directors (should be easy to identify unless there was more than one "Benjamin" on the Board - shoot, his name was probably listed as a special guest at that family fucking dinner!) and also Ken Watkins, who maybe hadn't fucked Elaine but might be implicated in the financial hanky-panky. And it kind of made sense Sam and Walt might be involved as well. CFO had ultimate audit responsibility for the whole corporation, and VP of Sales could cover a lot if actual new sales bids and contracts were overinflated with kickbacks involved. And obviously Sam and Walt had some moral flaws - involving adultery and fucking other men's wives. I would bet both of them were married, themselves, and had children. And they were threatening ME, somehow? Ha.

That one phone call alone was dynamite, and I would really like to get that video of them "in action." I just didn't know if I could stand seeing my wife, though. Damn, damn, damn.

I slept pretty late for me the next morning, getting up just before 7 - showering and dressing and in the kitchen upstairs before Jules or Elaine came downstairs. I made myself a little something to eat and started on my coffee. Elaine came down first and smiled, and started working on Jules breakfast and asked if I wanted her to make me anything else. I just shook my head no and tried to maintain a neutral demeanor. Jules came down soon and gave me a hug and I said, "Morning, sweetheart."

"I just wanted to talk with you a little bit before you go to school and straighten some things out. Mom said that you asked if we were getting a divorce and we aren't. At least that's not my plan nor your Mom's but sometimes unforeseen things can happen. But that should not be your concern. I AM so sorry I've been just gone so much and haven't explained why. The truth is I've got a brand new job with a brand new company and it's already kept me real busy and it's going to get worse before it get's better. That's why I'm sleeping in the basement - just so I can leave early and not bother you or Mom. And now some nights I am going to be getting home late and even not come home with unscheduled business meetings and even travel. But I will always call and at least talk to you, and your Mom, on those nights just so you know everything's OK. And I promise it won't be like this forever - maybe a year but then things will be back to normal and hopefully even better than ever. OK? Forgive me?"

"Oh, sure, Dad - it just seemed so strange all of a sudden and Mom seemed down and I guess I got a little scared. But if it's work, well. That's like school for me and just has to be done. No choice, right?"

I grinned and just said, "Smart as always, Kiddo. Absolutely."

"Today's probably the last lazy day I'll have for a while - even weekends - but at least I wanted to have this talk and see you off to school, today. You just worry about "you" stuff, OK? School and your friends - don't you worry about your Mom or me. We both love you so much and that will never, ever, change. Now give me a hug and off to school."

And she did and looked OK. I prayed it was so. Day by day we'd have to get by.

Elaine was almost crying again but she kept it together and got Julia packed off OK. After Julia was gone I turned back to Elaine. "Are you going to lie to me anymore?"

"No. There are things I don't want to tell you - spell out in detail - because I am ashamed now and also think they may hurt you, but I won't try to lie if you insist."

"Give me your phone right now and your passcode."

She thought about it for a second - then shrugged and handed it to me.

"I am going to get that recording safely off today. And I am going to go through your phone and check it all out. Call logs. Messaging. Email. All pictures and other phone recordings. Understand? All right or not? If you say no I might not move out right this minute, but I might."

"It's OK - I'm not expecting any calls today - except hopefully from you and maybe my doctor. And you know about that already." Damn.

"Are you coming home tonight?"

"As far as I know. I might be a little late, but that's all." And I headed back downstairs and checked some things on my laptop. At 10:00 I called Ross and he just said, "head on over here. My house." And he hung up. Grumpy sounding but I knew Ross wasn't a morning guy and was probably nursing on his first cup of coffee.

As soon as I got there I asked him, "know any good IT Tech guys? Iphones especially?"

"Funny you should ask," I wanted you to go meet Will Patton today anyway. He's got his own little consultant business going and we are going to contract with him for computers and support services pretty quick anyway. He knows his stuff, PC's, Mac's, Iphones, Androids, Unix, and networking. Really quite a guy. You can head over to his place a little later but we need to cover some stuff first."

"Oh, and BTW, I just made another hire - my executive assistant and personal secretary - Brenda McManus. And she makes quite a bit more than you do, salary wise. But she doesn't get stock options or ownership profit sharing. When you meet her I KNOW you're just going to be thinking I'm just fucking her, but I'm not. Did that already and it was worth our 3 week fling, but that's done. And man does she know EVERYONE worth knowing and can get things done. As head of admin you'd know her salary anyway - but just remember, you're both making a hell of a lot more than me right now. MY salary is only $1 a year." And he grinned.

Then we covered some things like me and Brenda signing the basic boiler print employment contracts, picking a good outsourced accounting and employee services firm initially - full service, everything from W4 processing to the twice monthly paycheck processing sans all taxes and deductions and either a hard copy check cut or direct deposits. We also discussed the best temp agencies to use for just about all our nonspecialized office manpower needs at the start. Then he gave me everything he had already done on initial office space acquisition and dumped it on me. He just said you handle this. I think we need about 5000 sq. feet initially of generic office space. One medium sized conference room, at least 4 offices with locks, a large bullpen for worker bees and a reception area. Barebones and cheap - but NOT cheap looking! "Know any real estate agents?" He asked without thinking.

Oops. For once I could read HIS mind and I almost laughed. "Don't worry about it. I'll handle it. When do we need this?"

"Like Monday, he said."

"Next Monday? Really?"

"Well, early next week. I think something's about to happen. Rich called me last night and said there is definitely some interest from our Japanese friends - and they might want to meet as early as Monday and how much lead time did we need? I told him only 24 hours but 48 might be better. I wanted to bring our technical genius to that first meeting."

"Technical genius?"

"Yep. He's a Prof from Georgia Tech I've know for a few years now and he is looking to actually jump ship from academia to the business world and get rich. He will. He's the real deal and what he has done in his robotics lab is un-frickin-believable. These are the first prospects I've really felt needed to meet him. You might have to meet him at the airport early Monday morning and get him to that meeting if it happens. I should know no later than Saturday I hope. Brenda won't be available until Tuesday or I'd send her. But I want you in this meeting anyway just in case anything admin specific comes up. Probably won't but hey, maybe you'll see your girlfriend Karen there anyway..." and he grinned.

"What are you talking about?"

"Awww, she likes you buddy - don't you know that?"

"Well, sure - I like her swell - as a friend."

He just shook his head and muttered "clueless, been married too friggin long..."

And then he said, "don't you have some property to find?"

And I said, "what's the address for that comp tech guy?"

And headed out.

Will Patton was not your average looking nerdie tech guy. In fact he kind of looked like an ex-Navy Seal or other SpecOPs guy with strange tattoos on his heavily muscled forearms that I could see exposed by his rolled up sleeves.