Costume Party Ch. 04

Story Info
Scott tracks down Becky & invites her to dinner.
2.8k words
4.45
35.8k
6
0

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 01/17/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following totally fictitious writings and are intended for the sole readership of those of LEGAL AGE. The ADULT ONLY material contained within is also for personal use only where local standards permit scenes of violence and sex. Please do not read further if any of these subjects offend, or if you are not of legal age.

This is a work of fiction. The author does not condone violence of any sort.

The following is under Copyright and is for your sole enjoyment. Your cooperation in not using the material in any other application without the express permission of the author is requested. Thank you.

Once she pulled into the street and out of sight I turned and started walking, but not toward my truck, rather toward the front door of the bar. I had something to take care of. Being such a busy day, most of the staff would be on duty. I hoped who I was looking for was among them.

As I came through the door, I noticed the place was already filling up. I looked around and saw George before he saw me. I headed toward him. He turned toward me just as I got there.

"Hey man, thanks for last night!" I said reaching for his big paw and pumping it as well as slapping his right shoulder with my left hand.

"No problem! Fact I's the one should be thanking you. It's my job, keep peace 'round here. I seen what that guy was up to but you got der 'fore me. I's going throw his ass out anyway!" he laughed easily.

Then he added with a silly grin, "So, you have yourself some fun last night?"

I knew what he meant. I just laughed, "Yeah, it was an interesting evening!"

"I bet it was!" he laughed too.

"Is a waitress named Nina working today?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah I seen her 'while 'go"

"How about Henry, where's he hiding?" I asked, knowing for sure he'd be there on a Sunday.

"Behind the bar" Henry gestured.

"Thanks man. You take care now, hear!" I said pleasantly.

George isn't the sharpest tack in the box, but he is a Hell of nice guy and staying on his good side only makes sense to me.

"Yeah, you too dude!" he said as he ambled toward the front door to check on something.

I scouted up Henry.

"Henry, thanks for the party last night. It was a good time!" I said, pretty sure he wouldn't know anything about the incident with Callie.

"Yeah, it worked out really well. Glad you could come this year" He replied.

Henry and I were associates, not really friends, but we got along well.

"Henry, which girl is Nina?" I asked.

"That redhead right over there" he said motioning to the far end of the bar.

"Could you seat me in her section, and one more thing. A favor. I'd like her to sit down for a couple of minutes, there's something I want to ask her," I said evenly.

"You got it, follow me" he said and walked off.

You may wonder why Henry didn't ask any questions. In the business he and I are in you learn 'need to know' real quick. You don't need to know, you don't ask!

He seated me at a table for two. Before he walked off he affably said, "Don't be a stranger!"

"I won't," I said with equal politeness, neither of us really caring one way or the other.

I saw him go over to Nina and say something to her. She glanced at me and shrugged. When they parted she came over and sat down.

"Hi. I'm Scott. Ask you a question?" I said as friendly as could be.

Now Nina had that look of someone who'd had a hard life. The old expression, 'rode hard and put away wet' came to mind. She looked at me wearily.

"Shoot" was all she said.

Henry had obviously asked her to talk with me, that was good enough for a start.

No sense beating around the bush, "How do I get in touch with your friend Becky?"

Without batting an eyelash she levelly said, "So you're the asshole from last night."

It wasn't a question.

I wasn't going to get anywhere with this woman trying to bullshit.

I laughed softly, "Probably, yeah. Is that how she described me?"

Now it was Nina's turn to chuckle, "No, she actually said you were a nice guy, but she told me the story. Asshole is my opinion."

"Well, under the circumstances I'd say you're closer than she is, but I still want to get a hold of her. How?" I continued, unperturbed.

Then she surprised me, "I saw you talking to George when you came in. You friends?"

I had no idea what that was about, but like I said, if I wanted her to tell me about Becky I was going to have to shoot straight.

"We know each other pretty good. Friends might be pushing it though," I said.

"I'll be back. You want anything to eat or drink?" was her response.

"Just a diet Coke for now, maybe a sandwich later"

"Okay, you got it" and she stood and walked away.

I watched her head straight to George. They talked for a couple of minutes and she headed for the bar. George never even looked in my direction. It finally dawned on me that George was exactly the kind of person who someone like Nina would trust. She'd gotten his take on me. I was pretty sure that would be good, but you never know for sure.

In a couple of minutes Nina returned with my drink and sat back down.

"So what is you want to know?" she asked without preamble.

I wasn't going to ask about her conversation with George, evidently I got a passing score.

"I don't even know her last name. I'd like her address and phone number too" I said flatly.

"Why?" was the one word response.

I'd anticipated some form of that question before I got what I was after.

"Like I said, I tend to think your assessment is closer than hers. In any case I feel badly about what happened last night and I want to apologize. Please don't tell her, but I thought I'd send some flowers with a note and then follow up with a phone call. I'm really not a shit, it was just an odd situation," I explained.

I wasn't going to explain what caused it, but I thought candor was most likely to get me what I was after. Besides, it was all true. If I'd been Becky's friend, I would have thought I was a shit too!

She just nodded, "Her last name is Williams. I'll get you her number and address before you leave. Ready for food?"

That was that.

She stood and was back to being a waitress, pad in hand.

"Yeah, I'll have the French dip, salad with ranch, no fries" I answered.

She started to turn and get back to work.

"Nina! Thanks!" I added.

That actually got me a small smile. She may not have been real attractive, but I was willing to bet she was a damn good friend.

My food showed up shortly. I watched the first part of a game that was quickly becoming very one-sided while I ate. Nina brought the check and handed me a slip of paper with Becky's number and address. She asked if I wanted anything else. I told her no, but sincerely thanked her again. I got another smile. I had the impression they weren't bestowed on customers all that often. I put enough money on the table to cover the bill plus a VERY generous tip.

On my way out I waved to Henry and had a chance to exchange a short goodbye with George.

I headed straight to a florist I knew to be open on Sundays. Roses seemed wrong somehow. I settle on a very nice, very expensive orchid arrangement. I hand wrote a short note of apology and signed it.

That taken care of I went home and relaxed the rest of the day, had a simple dinner and went to bed early. It had been a long weekend and it promised to be a long week at work. I fell asleep thinking of two women, after not having had any of significance in my life for months. It had been quite a weekend indeed and the coming week would prove to be interesting, no doubt!

I'd decided to call Callie on Tuesday since I sensed an insecurity in her about whether I'd call at all. I figured I wait until Wednesday to call Becky.

"Hello"

"Callie, it's Scott. How are you?"

"I'm fine. It's good to hear from you!"

I breathed a bit easier.

"I called to see if we could get together this coming Saturday night. Maybe a movie and dinner"

Somehow, while it might have been what I had in mind, 'for some rough, hot sex' didn't seem like a good idea!

"I'd love to. Saturday works just fine."

"I prefer a movie then dinner. Okay by you?" I asked

"Sure"

"Anything in particular you've been wanting to see?"

"Well, I don't go to movies very often, but that new Tom Hanks' is supposed to be good."

"Okay, sounds good. It's playing everywhere so time shouldn't matter. How about I pick you up at 5:00, if we have time, we'll stop for a drink beforehand."

"Great!"

"I don't know your address?"

She gave it to me and we said our goodbyes.

One down, one to go. So far, so good.

Wednesday night I was frankly more anxious about the call I was going to make. I really didn't know what to expect. I certainly wouldn't blame her if she flat hung up on me, though I was pretty sure she had more class than that. Being the eternal optimist, I hadn't forgotten Nina's comment that she actually thought I was a nice guy.

In all honesty, I couldn't remember being this nervous about calling a member of the opposite sex since I was in high school.

"Hello"

"Becky?" I wasn't even sure she lived alone.

"Yes?"

"Hi, it's Scott"

PAUSE

"Hi"

"You received the flowers I hope"

A bit warmer, "Yes, I did. They were beautiful. Thank you."

"Good, I hope you enjoy them. I'm calling to invite you to dinner."

"Scott, the flowers were enough of an apology, which wasn't really even necessary in the first place" she replied, still pretty neutral.

Remember, I'm in sales. I knew what came next was critical.

"Becky, the flowers were the apology, which in fact I definitely owe you. The dinner invitation is because I'd really like to see you again and get to know you better"

Hmm, I said to myself, you did that good, boy.

Another pause, longer this time.

"Well, that sounds nice, when?"

YES! I was screaming on the inside.

"Does Friday night work for you?"

"Actually, it does. What time?"

"I obviously have your address, how about I pick you up at 7:00?"

"Works for me, what should I wear?"

"Hmm, well, not your nurse's uniform"

That earned me a laugh, but I went on, "Let's go some place nice, I'll wear a coat and tie, does that give you enough to go on?"

I'm really bad at knowing what to say when a woman asks what to wear.

"That's fine. I'll see you Friday at 7:00. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!"

"Me too. See you then."

And we hung up.

"Damn boy, you are on a serious roll", I said out loud, with a large grin on my face.

Thursday I worked my ass off so that I could knock off a bit early on Friday. It didn't work out quite the way I'd planned and I didn't get home until nearly 5:00 Friday afternoon. I'd planned on laying down for an hour, that was out now. I'd wanted to be well rested, just in case! However, I had the sense that nothing sexual would happen on a first date, especially after the previous encounter. Besides, after treating her so shabbily the first time I had every intent of being the perfect gentleman and showing her a great time. And yes, being a perfect gentleman is in my skill set, it just doesn't happen all that often!

I showered and shaved and got dressed. I put on my best slacks, a real nice dress shirt and topped it off with a silk jacket and tie. A pair of Italian tasseled loafers for shoes and I was ready to go. I checked out my outfit in the mirror and was satisfied I had the look I wanted. It dawned on me that I hadn't worked this hard to look good in a very long time. I decided not to even think about the why of that. Sometimes I can over analyze shit to death!

I still had a few minutes before I needed to leave so I paced back and forth for a couple of minutes and finally said to myself. 'For God's sake, get a grip!'

I headed to the garage, having decided to take my classic Porsche. I dearly love the thing, but hardly ever drive it, normally using the truck. I decided tonight was a good occasion to take it out for a spin.

I drove slowly because I had a few extra minutes and also because one of the reasons I don't drive the Porsche often is that I seem to get far fewer speeding tickets in the pickup. Funny about that.

I had no trouble finding Becky's place and arrived just a couple of minutes after 7:00. I hadn't wanted to show up early, but didn't want to keep her waiting either. It was a townhouse in a rather upscale neighborhood, which I found a little surprising because I didn't imagine a nurse just starting out would make all that much money.

I rang the bell and only had to wait a few seconds for Becky to answer. I normally am pretty unflappable, but I simply wasn't prepared for what I saw when the door opened. I had been very wrong. This was not simply a somewhat attractive woman, she was absolutely stunning. She had a beautiful face and what I'd assessed as a lack of curves couldn't have been further off base. Oh she was tall and slender all right, but that nurse's outfit had certainly hidden a lot. The dress she had on, however, did not. It showed off a very ample amount of cleavage and was tight enough to show a very slender waist that gave way to nice round hips. The hem was fashionably above the knee, but not extreme, nevertheless as tall as she was there was plenty of leg to look at, and they were definitely worth a second look. Don't misunderstand, this was a very classy dress, but it was still very sexy too. My impression was that she was younger than I'd initially estimated too.

"Hi" she said simply.

I don't know how long I stood there with my mouth hanging open before I responded, but when I finally came to my senses I felt like an idiot.

"You look absolutely fantastic!" I managed at last.

"Why thank you. You sound surprised" she was grinning, obviously amused at me being quite so tongue-tied.

I regrouped and gathered my wits.

"No, not at all, it's just that your dress is quite a bit more flattering than your nurse's scrubs" I said, stretching the point a bit, but it didn't matter.

"Thanks, I'm glad you like it" she said with a great deal of poise.

I finally realized that the reason I'd so misjudged her looks the first time was of course the scrubs, but at the party she'd been wearing a lot of make up. I don't know if it was supposed to be part of the costume or what, but it had most certainly hidden her natural beauty.

"All ready?" I asked, back under control.

"Yup"

"Let's go," I said with a smile.

She locked the door and I took her arm as we headed to the car.

I closed her door and got in my side.

As I started to drive she asked, "What year?"

"'67, first year they made this particular model" I replied, wondering if she was into cars. In any case I was glad I hadn't brought the truck.

"It's in perfect condition. I really like it!" she said.

"Thanks, it's one of my little indulgences, so I try to take excellent care of it," I explained.

"You have a lot of those, indulgences that is?" she said mirthfully.

I glanced at her with a grin, "Actually not, so I tend to go overboard on the ones I do."

God was that an understatement.

To be continued...

Feedback is encouraged and appreciated. All comments with a valid email address will receive a reply.