Count Down To Moonlight Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I hope so Jake, because if anything happens to her, ANYTHING at all, I'll make what happened last year seem like a day at the spa." he warned.

Last Lughnasadh, when the pack had gathered at the cabin to celebrate the harvest moon, Duncan had changed while angry and had lost it. His anger had made him powerful and vicious and when he changed he was uncontrollable. He snapped and fought with his pack mates and tore into them as they surrounded and tried to contain him. But as the moon rose, and the wolf took over, Duncan became pure animal. It wasn't until the morning, when the sun had chased away the wolf, that Duncan realised what he had done and saw the carnage he had left. Many of cousins and brothers were wounded in the fight.

Thankfully werewolves heal thrice as fast as humans and none of his injured family had needed medical treatment. But it was enough to warn against the dangers of changing while under the influence of strong emotions.

"Don't worry Duncan, I'll take her to Grandpa, he'll keep her safe. "

Duncan nodded distractedly. His mind was on Keelay. She'd like his Granddad. They'd get on great.

"You need to go now." Jake reminded him and Duncan nodded once. Looking at the car, he could see Keelay staring at the woods where they stood. She couldn't see them, but she knew they were there. Sighing, Duncan headed back to his own car before sitting watching Jake drive off with his mate. It took everything in him, not to drive after her. Took everything in him not to cry and shout. But he couldn't stop the howl that escaped his lips as his mate, the woman he was falling in love with, was taken further away.

12