Country Love Ch. 02

Story Info
Cora starts her first day of work
1.6k words
4.47
26.7k
17

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/27/2022
Created 03/08/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* I'm aware my first chapter was a bit short, but this story has a lot of background leading up to the more hot part of this romance. Thank you for the positive feedback more will be along shortly.*

*

The alarm in Cora's room went off at 6 the next morning. She rolled out of her bed and smiled as the brisk fresh air blew through her open window and refreshed her. The breeze blew the curtains which where white as the bright morning sunshine shone through them. This was a true country morning. She pulled on a beater, a crisp new flannel, some daisy dukes, and her work boots, and threw up her long blonde hair into a pony tail. She felt as though she looked ready for work brewed up some coffee and was off.

When she arrived at the farm her grandfather rattled off a list of jobs she could do for him if she wanted to. "That's not too bad for my first day," she said.

He smiled at her kindly and with a chuckle said, "Oh no darlin' that's just for this mornin'."

After she filled all the mangers with silage and hay she collected the eggs and fed and watered the chickens. Once she tended to the chickens she mixed calf formula up and fed the calves in the nursery. Once she fed the calves she replaced the sawdust and so on until she was finished.

When she finished she dragged herself down to the farmhouse. She walked in and plopped herself down in a kitchen chair. As she mentally prepared herself for the next set a chores Cora heard the familiar roar of a Chevy and country music jams. Evidently so did Pop because he came from the office to the kitchen and right out the front door. She got her butt up and went to the window. She saw Pop lean himself on the drivers side door and the tinted window rolled down. She couldn't make out a face, but her grandfather carried on a conversation with the driver for about five minutes. A tan hand reached out of the truck window and shook Pop's hand. Then the truck spun out and parked on the other end of the shed. Cora rolled her eyes and went back to the kitchen for some lunch.

She finished her meal quickly so she could get back to work. She fixed her hair into a tighter ponytail and splashed some cool tap water over her face. As soon as she finished up she hurried outside. The moment she jogged out the door she slammed into a wall. But this wasn't a wall because the wall brought its enormous hands up to steady her. She opened her eyes and realized she was looking down. She saw a pair of huge ratty old work boots, and some jeans that had seen too many days of work with there oil stains and small holes. Then her eyes traveled up and she saw an old Trimbridge football t-shirt with the sleeves torn off, some long, dark, muscular arms, and the face of a god. His face was as dark as his sun tanned skin and glowed as well, his hair was a smooth chocolate brown that fell in shiny waves from underneath his baseball cap, and his eyes contrasted his dark features with their icy blue brilliance.

" I'm um, sorry sir," she said still looking over his face, " but I was just going out to get some work done and I must have-" she was cut off by her grandfather who was walking back from the other side of the barn.

" Cora, I see you've met Ronnie." he shouted while he jogged towards them. " He came to help out around here. You two will probably be workin' together on most things so let me get you all started. There's a door that needs fixin' on the chicken house and I need the cows to be herded down to pasture, then I'd like you two to fill the feed bags and after that you can clear out that shed next to the old silo." he finished his list at a steady two foot tone once he reached them and smiled before walking between the two of them and into the farmhouse.

Cora nodded to Ronnie and walked out towards the tool shed. She grabbed a tin box full of tools and strolled out toward the chicken house. She looked ahead and saw Ronnie already climbing the ladder to the coop with a tool belt strapped around his hips.

She got there and looked up just as he unscrewed the hinges from the door. " So I'm guessing you don't need my help on this one?"

"Nope." he answered shortly with a few screws held in the side of his mouth as he effortlessly pulled the door out of its place and placed it next to him. No sooner did her utter the word then a chicken came running out of the hen house and leapt down the ladder and right into Cora's arms. Cora laughed as the hen's beady eyes checked around for any danger. She held the bird in her arm as she climbed back up the ladder and released her back into general population.

"I'll just stay here while you do your handy work and make sure we don't have a repeat of that." Cora said teasingly. But her smile was not returned as Ronnie still with the busy frown on his face continued his work without so much as a glance towards her.

"Done." he said and removed himself from her path. She came out to the small landing with him as he tested the door. It swung perfectly and latched easily. He turned his big body towards her, he was probably about 6`3 where she was only 5`5, and handed her his tool belt. "Can you go throw this in the back a my truck, ma'am?"

"Yeah." she turned towards the direction of where his truck, walked down, and placed it in the back. She wasn't even gone two minutes, but when she came back she saw that he had the gates up on each side and was opening the pole barn in order to let the cows down to pasture. She hopped the old fence and rushed up to the side of the gate.

"Thanks for waiting for me." she said as she perched on top of the five foot gate.

"Get down from there before you fall." he said completely ignoring her previous statement. He opened the large door that was closing in the pole barn and the cattle came shuffling out four at a time. He tied the door open as he climbed onto the other gate. Once all the bulls were out Ronnie slid the door closed and walked to where she still sat on the gate. " I told you to get down," he said," Look you're already bleedin'."

She looked down and it was true. Her shin must have gotten busted when she hopped that old fence. Once they had finished following the cows down to pasture she fastened the gate shut and turned to her coworker with a smile. He did not return the favor but looked down at her wound. "Well, I guess we have to take you to the hospital and get that stitched up." he said as though it would be a great burden. Then he walked toward her and scooped her up in his huge tan arms.

"What are you doing?" she asked in alarm, "Put me down! I am fine put me down right now!"

"I can't do that little lady. If you walk on that anymore it's gonna bleed you to death." She looked down and although it was bloody it had clotted and stopped bleeding out awhile ago.

"Ronnie put me down. I can rinse it off with the hose and it will be fine. Now let me down I'm a big girl." she added the last part sort of mockingly. But he still did not let her down, he only tightened his hold on her until she relaxed. Once they reached his truck he put her on her feet and opened the cab door. He turned to pick her up and place her on his seat but she was already at the other end of the shed turning on the hose.

"Girl you just don't listen do you?" he said crossing his arms and leaning against the shed.

"My name is Cora and I'd like you to call me that. And how old do you think I am that you can just boss me around and pick me up and take me wherever you want me to go?"

"Gi- Uh Cora I know I'm older than you and that I've been workin' on this farm longer than you. Maybe you should listen to a thing or two."

"And how old are you?" she asked still splashing water over the gash.

"I'm twenty and you are eighteen. You left and decided to go all city-slicker and I've worked here on and off since I graduated. You moved away before you knew how to do damn thing so just let me take care of the farmin'."

"What do I do then?" she yelled straightening up from cleaning her leg of and giving him the angriest face she could manage.

"Why don't you get on in the kitchen and mix me up some lemonade darlin'?"

Her jaw dropped she had known this man for less than twenty four hours and he just basically told her that she, as a lady, belonged in the kitchen. Full of rage she twisted the hose onto full blast and directed its head towards him. The spray knocked the hat from his head and he was so surprised he lost his balance and fell back into the dirt. Barely satisfied she marched up towards the feed room where she would begin filling feed bags. Hopefully, alone.