All Comments on 'Covet'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 334 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The financial stuff at the end is, of course, totally unbelievable. It was nor necessary and seriously detracts from what should be a very nice turnaround.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Not believable but very entertaining!

unbaiserunbaiser8 months ago

You’re a Renaissance man?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The financial stuff at the end was a bit over the top, could have simply ended with him shutting the door on his former family. Still good story, and my heart hoes out to Susan who clearly seems to be having some regret.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story well told, until the ridiculous financial/power stuff at the end

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Asinine, completely asinine. This dumb motherfucker rec'd all that he deserved. Denise was a slut from the word go and he married the cunt.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter8 months ago

It was ok for a while, but the insane financial exaggerations at the end were just so completely unbelievable to sort of wreck it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

While entertaining, this is not one of Oshaw's best works. The wife Denise came off more like a villainous Traci by Hooked. There was no nuance. And the MC was pretty spineless while Denise ran riot over his life.

Worse the kids were more interested in their biological father? Wtf? Denise worked all the time. The MC took care of them and fathered them. He was the primary parent. I have a hard time believing that both kids would just up and abandon him like a dead weight. Especially the daughter. Regardless of his in laws, and Paul Starling being the biological father, the kids had no contact with him until they were in their teens. Maybe the younger son could be manipulated by Denise via deceit? But Susan was like 15 or 16? Again if the MC was a workaholic and barely a parent, who knows. But it wasn't even like Denise had the time to groom. Susan to despise her father.

And the whole economic servitude that Denise demanded during marriage was laughable.

Enjoyed the MC with Jeanie and the kids. Liked that he rebuilt his life in multiple ways. The trading with the firm's money for personal gain is difficult because it is impossible to day trade and win every day with no losses or margin calls. That rang hollow.

Then it went over the top with him owning a bank. Huh? Make him an investment partner in the bank. Why was owning the bank (besides being ludicrous) important to the story.

Fine, he made serious money in the stock market, invested in real estate, businesses, and construction firms, all in what three years or so? So that he was worth $400 million when he proposed to Jeanie.

Look author writes great stories and this would be a 5 stars for many other authors but this was at best 4 stars for Oshaw. And yes, Denise was a caricature of a faithless birch and harpy. Her sermon at the door was so laughably delusional.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Terrible at the end. Wild exaggerations ruined what could have been a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really went off the rails with that ending. Also why would someone who has been treated so badly let those people in his house? Or even stand there listening to the ex wife's explanation of her affair and children not being his? Sorry but I would have called the police to report trespassers.

The ending was just terrible and rushed.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

An enjoyable story with a deservedly happy ending. For the commenters suggest that aspects of the tale are unrealistic, I’d suggest learning the definition of the word “fiction.”

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Mostly good, but would have been good to actually get a final conclusion, including reactions from Denise, her kids, her mom and her BF.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I mean Denise was so many red flags right away, he brought this on himself. Especially the dating other people part. It was literally screaming, "I cannot commit and will almost certainly cheat and/or lie." Play with fire, you'll eventually get burned. Well at least it worked out for MC in the end. Rich and happy with a loving wife and family.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not quite the thrilling story of yours that I first read A bit more Mills and Boonish But very acceptable.(jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Damn, this guy would make a great comedy writer, I've laughed my way right the way through it. Reading some of the comment's I'm still chuckling now, I mean, how could anyone possibly take this seriously? It's completely unrealistic crap, but I have to admit it's comedy potential, which means it grudgingly gets 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is so over the top it's almost funny. The plot is so unbelievable it could only work as slapstick comedy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm beginning to think oshaw is female, because I can't believe any male could write this stupid crap. "I went back home and cried", well that little quote from page two of this excuse for a story about sums it up for me.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Thanks for a well-written, fun and uplifting read!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great famliy yarn. Five stars

JBird11JBird115 months ago

Great Story, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not my favorite of yours. How did your MC go from a wimp doormat to a super genius investor but only after the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The most that the whinny complainers can write is 2 to 3 sentences. If your such experts WRITE YOUR OWN TALES! Couldn't do it huh! Thank you oshaw - 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Oh dear, someone doesn't quite understand that you can think something is shit without having to be able to build, make, create, write, paint or film it, etc.

/

This story is objectively bad in a number of areas. While that doesn't stop the reader from enjoying it. It does stop it from being higher than average.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Story went so far off the rails to create Pollyanna that it now is just a mess of factoids without a clue.

deependerdeepender4 months ago

Wow! Such a wealthy guy!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Seems to me that poor Jeannie is just a prop in Mark’s fantasy of revenge against Denise, with whom he is clearly still obsessed. I did like the details of the restoration of the house, though.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

💯💯💯👍👍💯🤷🤷💯🙄🤔😉😁🍕🍕🍕🍕🍺🍺🍺🙋🙋

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I enjoyed the story. I will say I am disgusted by his "kids." Even if Paul is their biological father, Mark raised them. For them to turn on him so fast means they have little to no morals. Also, Denise is so bad from the start I can't imagine he was surprised by her betrayal.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Well, can't say that I agree with the naysayers; but, what would I expect from anon posters? The named posters I agree with... excellent story and storyline. Thank you.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBay2 months ago

I would have him suing for back child support and paternity fraud.

In addition to that, I want his first kids to have lost their support for tuition for college

For the in-law from hell, she lies her standing in the community because she known as ground zero for spreading syphilis Amber herpes in the city

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This story is a mess. Denise being with the MC when she is from money and using him for what little he made doesn't make any sense. No one else even caught that? Or the fact the children belonged to the affair partner? Or this pathetic chump didn't even yell at his cheating wife and his kids for their betrayal? Then he just walked away like a loser? Disappointing story it could have been much better if the characters showed any kind of emotion.

waifwaifabout 1 month ago

I love Oshaw's writing. While this story did not reach the level of Equation and Fortune, it was still a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

1-star. MC is kinda clueless, wimpy, and a closet cuck. Every attribute I hate. He knew exactly who he married. Remember, you can’t turn a ho into a housewife.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Too far fetched and it seems the writer has stretched credibility to create a happy ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous