Cowboy Up but Not Down

Story Info
A cheating wife lies to cover the details of her affair.
16.2k words
140.5k
106
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Freewheel
Freewheel
612 Followers

The following story is a work of fiction and does not depict any actual persons or events. Any likeness to actual persons or events is purely coincidental. All parties engaging in sexual activity are of legal age of 18 and consenting adults. This is for entertainment purposes and is not an avocation for the activities contained herein. This is a long story and is self-edited, so I need to apologize for the many repetitive words and any other mistakes. I'm sorry but I have turned off voting and comments because of the harsh negative comments in this category. If you feel the need to comment, then send an email. This story is neither a BTB or RAAC story but a twist on the later which was brought on by events. Thanks.

© 2016 Freewheel

*****

Cowboy up but not Down

I had driven 36 hours straight through to be here for my wife only stopping for coffee, pee breaks, or diesel. I was looking like Hell and realized I only survived the past 24 hours with Red Bull, coffee, and lots of adrenaline. I had to park the truck about a mile away as I realized that all the socialites in Dallas were in attendance and all nearby parking places were taken, including the parking garages.

There was a doorman that started to hassle me before I even reached the door. "I'm sorry sir but this a black-tie event and you are not appropriately dressed."

"Are you telling me I can't go inside dressed as a cowboy?"

"Not dressed the way you are and especially not without an invitation."

"Do you know who they are honoring in there?"

"Yes, of course, it's Ann Jones. Do you know her?"

"Actually, I do know her because Ann and I have been married the past 35 years."

"Well, I don't care if you are the Pope, you cannot enter without the appropriate clothes."

I turned and walked away. I knew there had to be a loading dock somewhere and an open door. I walked around back of the massive building and found the loading dock, but all the doors were locked. There was a bell for deliveries, and I rang it, in fact, several times before someone answered. I told the man who opened the door I had a special delivery for Ann Jones who was being honored. I actually did in the shape of a very expensive ring. He shrugged his shoulders and let me in.

I had never been in the building before but I assumed there was a ballroom and after getting directions, I found it. I must have looked like a fish out of water the way I was dressed because everyone stared and not knowing anyone was a further disadvantage. I walked around for several minutes before I saw my wife with that bastard on the dance floor. They were dancing as if they were lovers, he had his hands massaging her ass pulling her as close as possible, and she was resting her head comfortably against his chest, their bodies seemed to be molded together, and I could see them dry humping each other. They were all but fucking on the dancefloor. I had warned her.

I walked up to them, tapped the man on his shoulder and asked if I could cut in. He turned, looked at me in anger and said, "Fuck off, I am the lady's escort tonight, she is all mine, and I'm not sharing."

Ann, obviously embarrassed, replied, "Jim, this is my husband."

He took one look at me and then I found myself on the floor, a victim of a sucker punch. I saw stars and might have passed out for a few seconds before finally managing to get back to my feet. I felt as if I had been hit with a ten-pound sledge hammer and was more than a little unsteady.

Finally, after several seconds, and regaining my senses I squared up to the bastard. I can never remember being so angry and I was more than ready to take this giant on. Looking at him, in a very angry voice, "Come on you motherfucking wife stealer, get it on!"

"Cowboy, you are five inches shorter than me, and I must outweigh you considerably, maybe 75 pounds. What makes you think you can take me on?"

I replied, "dipshit, try me and see."

He tried to sucker punch me again, but I was on my guard and side stepped him while delivering a blow to his jaw followed by a jab to the ribs. Not used to fist fighting, I was careless, and he connected with my jaw, and that was followed by a blow to my left eye which left me staggering. I don't know how I was able to remain on my feet after the two blows to the head, but I think he thought he won so he let his guard down and I took the opportunity to use my boots and I connected squarely with his balls. He bent over double, so I grabbed his head and brought my knee up and connected with his nose. I felt it break and then there was blood, lots of it. For good measure, I connected my knee again with his face causing loss of more blood. I wanted to completely flatten his nose. By now he was laying on the floor in the fetal position and raised his head and said, "enough, I'm beaten."

I was still pissed so I kicked him in the nuts again and said, "If you come near Ann again you can expect more of the same, now tell me about your affair with my wife?"

"I have tried over and over for the past two years, but she always shot me down. A few weeks ago, I spiked her drink with a date rape drug, and then fucked her three times over the course of 12 hours." Until tonight, she has barely even acknowledged me. I was hoping to fuck her again later tonight."

"So you had planned to drug her again tonight?

"Yes."

"Do you have the drug in your pocket?"

"Yes, I do." He pulled out a packet of white powder to show me.

"Didn't you fuck her at the Holiday Inn about six months ago?"

"No, we had a business meeting there with a group of investors."

Two policemen had arrived just in time to hear his complete confession and promptly arrested him. Charging him with assault, illegal use, and possession of an illegal drug. There was something wrong with his story but I couldn't figure out what.

I struggled to get back to my truck and could only see with one eye but eventually I was on my way to the ranch. I wondered to myself where Ann had gone as I didn't see her as I departed. Was our marriage over? Would she leave me for that arrogant bastard? Why didn't I see this coming as it had been brewing for a long time? How could I have been so naïve?

55 years ago, I came into this world and was christened Eric Jones. Ever since I could remember, I wanted to be a cowboy, and on my third birthday, I got my first pair of boots followed the next year by a large hat and then growing up I was rarely without either although by then there had been several replacements. My grandparents owned a big ranch that bordered on the Red River, just north of Dallas. I spent all of my free time there including every summer. Those summers my grandfather taught me how to be a real cowboy. I learned to ride a horse, rope, build just about anything, how to treat sick horses and cows, and also deliver their newborn. I could repair or operate anything on the ranch.

After graduating from high school, my graduation gift from my grandfather was a .45 caliber revolver, complete with holster. When on the ranch I always wore it, and got to be a decent shot. When I wore my chaps, boots, hat, and sidearm I actually looked like something straight out of the old west and I was proud of that.

After high school, I wanted to work full time on the ranch, but my grandparents insisted that I go to college and get my degree first. I never considered majoring in anything other than agriculture.

When I was a senior, I met Ann who was then in her second year. We fell in love and were seldom apart. I graduated and continued working on a Master's degree in order to stay with Ann who finished her bachelor's degree the same semester I finished my Master's program, and we were married that summer on the 4th of July.

We were madly in love and rutted like rabbits when having the opportunity. Sex was off the chart with Ann, and she was totally pro-active in the bedroom. I didn't just fuck her, we fucked each other. Ann was 5'6" and weighed about 145. She wasn't skinny but very strong, and to me, pleasingly shaped. Other people might think she was a little heavy, but to me she was perfect. Her breasts were a nice D cup, and I never got tired of fondling them. Also, she had natural strawberry blonde hair that was wavy down to her shoulders. She wasn't built like a racehorse, but more like a brood mare, but I was proud to be her husband, thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world and could never get enough of her.

As for me, I was a skinny 5'10", that on a good day and soaking wet, only weighed about 150. I look like a cowboy, even without my western clothes. I'm scrawny but tough as an old mountain goat. I may not be a big guy but my entire body was just one big muscle without an ounce of fat. I guess I was that way from all the hard-physical work on the ranch. I have never been afraid of anyone or anything, and I believe in fighting for what's mine. I'm a straight arrow, and my word is my bond. My granddad taught me all of those traits, and hopefully, I have lived up to his expectations. I have had a reputation, as long back as I can remember, of being not just honest but also totally reliable and true to my word. If I said I was going to do something, I always found a way to do it.

After our marriage, Ann wanted to live near our parents who live in Plano, a suburb of Dallas, so we found a place near them. I applied to several schools in the area and was hired to teach agriculture in McKinney which is just north of Plano. I had a short commute up I 75.

The next few years saw the births of our daughter then a son followed then I had the snip. With our parents living so close our children didn't want for anything nor were they deprived of attention. When both kids were in school Ann decided, she would like to use her business degree and enter the workforce and was hired at a large multinational bank in Plano. Her first job was as a customer service advisor.

When I was 30, and Ann was 28, a huge event occurred in our life. My beloved grandparents were both killed in a car accident. I was terrified about what would happen to the ranch because my parents never had an interest in it and, because of that, I could see it being sold. I was told to be present when the will was read and, to my amazement, discovered they left me the entire ranch, more than 2,000 acres including all the livestock, buildings, and equipment. I was completely flabbergasted.

At that time, the ranch was valued at over $2,000,000 I had to pay over $200,000 in taxes. I had enough in my 401K to cover it but the only way I could use that money was to borrow from the account, and that's what I did. To keep my payments low, I spread them over 20 years which would take me almost till retirement to repay the loan. The monthly payment really taxed our meager income.

The next few years passed quickly but were lean years. The ranch had not been properly maintained and became a significant drain on our resources. Ann and I spent most of our free time working at the ranch. We had a huge meadow which had been planted with coastal Bermuda so we fertilized it heavily and after a wet spring we had excess hay to sell. We had various equipment that came with the ranch which included two hay balers and several tractors in different states of disrepair. We worked on that equipment for a month then Ann, and I cut the entire meadow, raked it, and baled the hay. We both drove tractors and put in long days before we finished. I immediately sold half of the hay which produced enough money for us to operate the ranch for a year. We lucked out with the weather and had summer rain, so we had summer hay to bail. That, plus hay remaining from the first cut was sold in January to big ranches in Montana and Wyoming. I didn't have to deal with transportation as the ranches were so desperate they sent tractor trailers for the hay. We already had enough money to operate the ranch for a year so the second lot of money from the hay we used to improve it. Ann was right there with me all the way, she never feared of jumping right in and doing her share of the work.

We both loved working at the ranch and shared a dream of building a lovely home overlooking the big lake. We had to scrimp and save to live, but neither of us ever complained. We both wanted to wait until the kids had finished college before moving to the ranch full time, then we would be able to retire and just work the ranch. Looking back these were the happiest years of our marriage.

After that year, everything got a lot easier, for many reasons. I had written two agriculture books for the college level and they were accepted nationwide by all colleges that had an ag program. With the revenue from the books, we purchased a lovely house in Plano and used the remainder on the ranch. I would also receive a yearly royalty on the books.

We were also receiving revenue from a large petroleum company that took out an oil lease on the ranch and the income from that was six figures. There would be additional royalties if they ever drilled and had oil producing wells.

Ann got promotion after promotion at the bank, and I was still teaching high school when I received an offer from one of the big Dallas area colleges to be a professor but still teaching agriculture. The deal maker with the pay raise was that I only had to work a four-day week, Monday thru Thursday. Besides keeping office hours, I had to only teach a couple of classes each day. I filled those days by working on my doctorate which took two years then I became Dr. Jones.

The ranch had started to pay its way but I desperately needed help. We had a one-man yard service maintaining our large lawn and the man was a Mexican immigrant who was just barely earning enough to get by and in the winter, didn't have any work. I became friendly with him and because I needed help on the ranch I offered him a full-time job. I bought two repossessed double wide homes and had Miguel's family move into one near a small range of trees overlooking one of the many lakes on the ranch. The other was used by Ann and I when we stayed overnight at the ranch.

The immigrant's name was Miguel and together with his wife, Maria, came to work full time for us. They were completely trustworthy, and I depended on them to take care of things when I wasn't at the ranch. Both became faithful, loyal, and fast friends to both Ann and myself.

They now had a home that was much better than what they had been living in, and now also had the additional benefits of growing their own food in a large vegetable garden and they were also able to raise their own meat for the freezer.

In Texas, there is an open season on wild hogs, which are a huge menace to farmers and ranchers and can destroy hay fields in just a few days. Miguel and I often trapped (we donated the meat to the homeless in Dallas) them but occasionally he kept one for eating and always had pork in the refrigerator and freezer.

Each year got easier and easier. Both kids had gotten their college degrees and were now married and starting their own family. Ann and I had spent a fortune, both in time and money on the ranch, but it was now paying huge dividends. We were very comfortable, and I was ready to retire and spend all of my time on the ranch but Ann wanted to continue working. This was a continued source of arguments, one of the few times in our marriage that I could remember disagreeing. We had agreed early in our marriage that we would retire in our 50's, build a house on the ranch, and live there permanently.

Ann, had, two years ago, received a promotion to executive vice president and all the trappings that came with the position. In addition to her bank duties, she was also responsible for helping to arrange and attend the various charities around Dallas. Her salary almost tripled. She was often late coming home, especially on Friday night after having to attend various social events. She always looked like a million dollars. Her dress, hair, makeup, and nails were all immaculate. I lusted after her but often she wasn't interested. Before her promotion, we had sex three or four times a week. Now if I was lucky, and I mean lucky, to get sex three times a month, usually on Sunday and even then, she seemed disinterested. I tried to talk to Ann, but she just blew me off.

About six months ago, I left school early to surprise my wife and take her out to lunch, however, when I entered the bank my wife was talking to an older man in the lobby. I approached her and immediately saw her hard nipples straining to break through her blouse. She was acting funny too, almost girlish, then I realized she was flirting shamelessly with the man. I walked up to them and introduced myself and my wife asked me what brought me to the bank. I told her I thought I would surprise her and take her out to lunch. She wouldn't look me in the eye but just replied she couldn't today as she had other arrangements. I asked if they could be broken or rescheduled and her reply was no. With that, I said I was sorry to interrupt you and your plans. She couldn't stand still and was very fidgety. As I left, I thought to myself that I had never seen her acting like that, even with me. It was very apparent she was turned on, and I bet her panties were soaking.

I moved my truck across the square to a place I could observe the doors of the bank without being noticed and about twenty minutes later Ann and her friend left the bank together and got into a late model Lexus. I texted her and asked, "what the fuck is going on?"

I didn't expect a reply, but a second later she responded, "I don't know what you are talking about."

I replied "you wouldn't go out to lunch with your husband, but you find time to go out with your boyfriend. I saw how sexually aroused you were in the bank, your nipples were practically popping through your blouse, and I bet you are wet as a fish and your panties are most likely soaked as well."

A minute later she replied, "I'm sorry, but this is a business lunch."

"I hope you enjoy the sex, especially since I'm not getting any from you. Maybe you would rather live with your lover boy than me. Maybe you shouldn't come home." She didn't reply.

Ann returned home that night and all my attempts to talk to her about the lunch date were met with not now, or later. Of course, there was never a "later." I became icy around her. I wanted her to feel my pain, but she never reacted. I started answering her questions abruptly and often in an angry tone. She was so involved in her world to take offense or even notice and respond. She just acted as if everything was normal.

I would get up on Friday morning and go to the ranch and not return till Sunday evening. I always asked Ann if she would go with me and she always had an excuse not to go, even if there was no charity event scheduled.

A little over a month ago, I officially retired from my teaching job. My university arranged a big retirement party for me and I pleaded for Ann to go with me but she said she was obligated to a charity event the same night. I was very hurt and told her so but again she didn't react. I was really upset with Ann and told her that her fuck buddy was more important than me. I was ready to walk away then and on hindsight maybe I should have. After that, I became even colder.

I am not a good house husband, not that Ann cared because she was never home. Finally, I told her I was moving to the ranch permanently, and we agreed that she would come on the weekends. Of course, there was always a text message on Friday explaining why she couldn't make the journey. I decided I would return to Plano on the weekend if she couldn't come to me. This made her angry, but she was rarely home on Saturday. Finally, I asked, "Ann, do you want a divorce because I don't think we have much of a marriage left?" After saying that I handed her divorce paperwork, needing only signatures.

Freewheel
Freewheel
612 Followers