Crime & Punishment: The Prequel Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr. Patterson has ideas?" Susan asked.

"Yes, I'm afraid they end in the bedroom."

Susan looked back over her shoulder to where Patterson was talking to Tony, "Not all that unpleasant a termination point, I should think."

Laura smiled as they reached the line for the lady's room, "You're incorrigible, but I'm married now. It's not like those times when I was only dating Patrick."

The two women had played together before their marriages. They both had a healthy appetite for hunky men. However, Susan was married to the cool, complacent Steven, and Laura to the hot-tempered Patrick Sullivan. Two men very alike, and yet very different.

"You know, we have a similar problem, but in reverse. You are trying to stay out of your stud's bed, and I'm trying to stay in it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Tony asked me to marry him."

"What! Are you going to leave Steven?"

"Don't be ridiculous. It is simply a question of how to walk Tony back from his proposal," Susan said, with a crooked smile to her friend.

"Oh, the problems you have," Laura said laughing.

When they returned to the men, they found Patterson pressing Greco on some political issue. Tony was smiling but clearly relieved to see the women return. Susan picked right up on the situation, and the spin doctor came out.

"Look at this, we leave you alone for a moment, and you start an argument. Typical men, what are you arguing over—whose team has the best quarterback?" Susan said bringing out her best smile.

Tony moved in beside her and said, "Of course not, everyone knows Eli Manning's the best. But Frank was just telling me what great Giants fans his friends in the assembly are."

Apparently, the appearance of the women distracted Frank from advancing the positions of his caucus, as the conversation devolved to mundane things. Susan could see from Frank's actions that he had every intention of making a move on her friend. For her part, Laura was giving conflicting signals. Susan had a clear indication that she was attracted but holding back.

She needs an excuse. So she can do as she wants without the guilt, Susan thought, glad she was beyond such juvenile behavior. If you want a man, then go for it. If your husband loves you and is the right kind of man, there is no harm, A belief that she could never express out loud. Steven was the right man, and he loved her. She could never leave him. It was unthinkable.

"Do we need to pay a penny for your thoughts?" Tony said.

The group they were currently standing in were all looking at her, "Oh, sorry, I was thinking about a question someone asked me earlier," Susan said, giving Tony a meaningful stare and receiving his smile in return.

The band started playing again, saving her from any further inquiry. She grabbed Tony's arm and dragged him to the dance floor. By dancing continuously through the balance of the night, she kept the nagging question at bay. For his part, Tony had made his advance and was now simply entrenching his position as he waited for his answer. He only conceived there could be a positive one. In his opinion, if he were to express it, Susan was hooked. She would accept his proposal. It was only a matter of time.

12