Cuffed Ch. 01

Story Info
Julian and Ophelia reconnect & tiptoe around their desires.
3.4k words
3.81
6.4k
2

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/05/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome everyone to my first story. First chapter is going to just be a bit of an opener to get you acquainted with our lovely characters. Stick around for more fun! Feedback is appreciated.

-DissociativeDesire

*****

Ophelia's smile was radiant, though even she knew that it held no real interest in the topics being discussed at the restaurant table. Her boyfriend's friends were a real bore. They seemed to be able to babble on for days about such mundane subjects like crocket or the latest fashion of men's socks.

She didn't even try to hold in her sigh.

Adam's eyes don't even shift to her at the rude noise, his focus solely on his annoying paralegal friend as they chatted about things that flew over her head. She didn't bother trying to get her boyfriend's attention. She didn't blame him for wanting to spend as much time as possible with his college friends before he graduated. She understood his unwillingness to detach himself from his pals, but it was their third time this week getting together with the unbearable bunch.

And it was only Wednesday.

She was eager to return home, unlike her boyfriend. She missed her parents dearly, as it had been months since she had last seen them. The past four years had been scattered visits and hour long phone calls as she pushed on to attain her Bachelor's in music. She had graduated early, a semester before Adam, but decided to stick around for the next few months to see where their relationship would go once he was set free from the University. She desperately hoped there would be a diamond ring involved, as it seemed that her marital status was one of the only things her mother had any interest in. Marriage only made sense at this point in their relationship, as they had been dating for over two years now. Ophelia was eager to cross a wedding off of her list of things to get out of the way before her mother died of a stroke from having to wait to see her only child married off. With their planes leaving this Saturday, she didn't see her wish being granted anytime soon.

Of course she had been right, with her left hand ring finger still bare by the time that they had said their chaste goodbyes before boarding onto their separate planes. Oh well. Adam was heading to celebrate his graduation with family in upstate New York, a minor milestone for a newly awarded attorney in a family of attorneys. She was relieved when Adam failed to invite her to go with him for the celebration. A musician didn't belong in a room of attorneys, as they had both found out when she had met his parents for dinner a year ago. To say the least, they were not thrilled with their son's taste in women. Ophelia couldn't find it in herself to even disagree with them.

As for Adam, she could stand to wait the few days before he was to fly out to see her. What she couldn't wait to see were the rolling farm lands and scattered farm houses of Missouri. Of course, she enjoyed her time spent in the cities, but the crowded sidewalks and endless street noise made her feel overwhelmed at times. There was just no comparison to the country back roads and genuine people found in her home town. Well, that and the view she had whenever she went by Robbie's Garage. She found that if she sat in the back corner of the cafe across the street, she would be able to have an uninterrupted view of the overwhelmingly hot apprentice.

Ophelia flushes in her seat, annoyed at herself for bringing up such embarrassing memories from her youth as the plane begins to land home. She shouldn't be thinking of hot cashiers.

Even if they were like a cold drink on a hot Missouri day.

<_>

The air conditioning was going in the patrol car again. Sweat beaded on Julian's forehead as he cranked the gauges to see if he could manage to get the temperature in the vehicle a hair above boiling. The sun was beating down on the black hood of the car like a hammer where it stood parked on the side of the road, and it was only May. He wasn't looking forward to a summer filled with him under the hood of the car, desperately trying to fix the compressor again.

A call on his radio pulls him from his sour thoughts, a muffled voice crackling through the speakers. Wiping the sweat from his face, Julian grabs the talkie and holds down the button with his finger.

"What was that, Lin?" He knew his voice sounded gruff, but the friendly receptionist at the station would never hold it against him. She knew he was moodier than a cat in heat.

"Deputy Moreno, I got a call from Mrs. Sarker. She was expecting her daughter home a few hours ago from the airport and has been unable to reach her. She and her husband are starting to get worried." Julian stops cranking down the window as he processes Lin's words.

"Call Mrs. Sarker back and tell her that I'm on my way to the airport." It is easy for Julian to keep the worry out of his voice, but his body was a different story. The patrol car sputters to life as he eagerly shoves the vehicle into drive. Wind pours in from the open windows as he allows the car to double the speed limit, his eyes on the road as his mind wanders to the woman in question.

Ophelia Sarker, otherwise known as the star of his teenage fantasies. It had been years since he had caught a glimpse of the vixen. He had wished that it was just her good looks that caught his attention, but that was only the half of it. The stunning brunette had been valedictorian of their high school class, her shapely curves always hidden behind a food drive donation sign or some other volunteer crap. She hadn't been hopping up and down on the football field with pom-poms, no, she didn't need to do that to get his attention. She had been too busy running the music club and tutoring students to pay attention to the heated looks she got from most of the male population at school, including Julian. She seemed to bring a smile to the face of everyone she talked to, her charm endless. He had wanted to despise her, wanting to remain unaffected by her dimpled smile and breathless voice, but that had shattered the moment her golden stare found him.

That was when he found out just how dark he truly was.

Sandy Hollow's only airport looked practically deserted by the time Julian pulled in, his tires squealing as they were forced to halt abruptly. The engine dies with gratitude as Julian yanks the key out, his boots already hitting the pavement. In a few strides that would have taken others many, his hand is on door, pushing it open with purpose. He pauses as he enters the small lobby, his eyes scanning the room for the dark tresses of his victim. It doesn't take long before they stop on an unforgettable form, a brunette pony tail cascading in between her shoulders.

His breathing stops.

Never could he forget what the woman of his fantasies looked like from all those years ago, but her beauty still manages to stun him from moving. His eyes start at her sandal-incased feet, memorizing each painted toe before moving to her delicate ankles. He releases a sigh of appreciation at the curve of her calf, muscles defining the light olive skin. Her thighs show the same strength, their thickness growing to match the beautifully wide flare of her hips. He bites his bottom lip to keep from making any kind of guttural noise. Her buttocks is a thing of perfection, the heart-shaped globes enticingly encased in a pair of jean shorts. A burgundy top follows the lovely arch of her back and the generous swell of her breasts, the modest neckline doing nothing to keep Julian's stare from being non-predatory. The soft skin of her neck begs to be bitten, her jaw pleading to be nibbled on. Her usual smile is vacant, a pout framing her full lips like a silent plea to be kissed. Her button nose wrinkles as the lobbyist drones on like elevator music in the background of Julian's thoughts. Golden eyes framed by elegant brows draw him in further, the emotion held within them making him want to see what it would take for the golden orbs to release it. He had missed this view.

Apparently, so had his groin.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Are you able to have someone check again please?" Her soft melodic voice keeps the annoyance that was held in her eyes out of her words, her politeness easily outweighing her emotions over the situation. Even all these years later, she still was sweeter than honeysuckle.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. If we find your other bag we will be sure to contact you. That is all we can do," the older gentleman says with finality. He ends the conversation swiftly by turning to his computer and beginning to type. Ophelia's sigh could barely blow out a candle.

"Do you need a ride, Ms. Sarker?" His voice is husky from his appreciative sweep of her body. He leans against the door frame casually, trying to seem nonplussed by her appearance. He had made sure that he had gotten control over his groin before opening his mouth.

Ophelia hesitantly turns around, surprise replacing the annoyance on her gorgeous face. An enticing flush rouges her cheeks as she instantly recognizes the cop. A small, shy smile plays on her lips, her head ducking in embarrassment.

"Julian-" she stutters, her eyes glancing up at him from underneath her thick lashes. His chest clenches at his name on her lips, her eyes doing strange things to his stomach. "That would be great, Officer." She offers a smile as she fiddles with the handle of her luggage bag.

"You're parents were getting worried about you," he states as he whisks the luggage bag from her grasp, holding the door open politely for her. Her blush reestablishes as she brushes past him, the smell of coconut wafting up his nose. He was suddenly hungry for a taste.

"I'm sure they are. My phone is dead so I couldn't call them," she replies softly as Julian places her luggage in the trunk. "I sort of had the plane ride from hell. It started with my plane getting delayed twice, and then ended just now when they managed to lose one of the biggest string instruments in the world." She lets out a breathy laugh at her situation, the sound making his heart pound faster.

"You still play?" Julian asks as he holds the passenger side door open for her, catching her scent once again as she lowers herself into the seat. Of course he knew that she still played, as he had practically sucked any and all information of his former crush from the town gossiper, Tellie Mathers, whenever she came into the station to complain about the town's kids heckling her again. She waits until he is seated on the driver's side before facing him.

"Yeah, I just graduated with my Bachelor's in music." Her eyes shine with pride as she tells him of her achievement. He must have looked surprised as he started the car, because Ophelia's head cocked to the side as she stared at him. "Surprised?" Genuine interest blossoms onto her face, her eyes searching his expression. "It's okay if you are. I don't think anyone thought that I would be able to make a hobby into a career, but it makes me happy."

Julian swallows hard at the passion in her voice. "I'm glad to hear it," he says gruffly before calling in on the radio that he was taking Ms. Sarker home safely. He remembered vividly seeing her play when they were younger. The large cello had made her look frail, her long fingers manipulating the strings with one hand and using the angled bow in the other to caress them. It was a memorable ballad that had pierced him with emotions that he had doubted he had.

"So how are things with you? I see you're not working at Robbie's anymore," Ophelia comments, turning her face to look out the window as they drive as she speaks. Her delicate fingers play with the a loose piece of fabric on her shorts. Julian notices her nervous fidget, her anxious fingers matching the tickling in his gut.

She had every right to be nervous around him.

"Yeah, I started working with the police station about the time you went away for college. I was able to take some classes along with some training when I first started, which allowed for me to get promoted to Deputy last year." He sees her glance at him out of the corner of his eye, but he doesn't dare to meet her gaze in fear of those golden eyes pulling him in. The last thing he needed right now was to drive them into a tree because of a pair of distractive orbs.

"I'm really happy for you," she says quietly, her voice holding nothing but honesty for her words. Julian chooses to remain silent, deciding that it might not be wise to continue to ignore their past through conversation. He knew that it would be only a matter of time before one of them would bring it up, and he honestly didn't have the will power for that discussion just yet. He doubted that he ever would.

They are both silent as Julian pulls into the gravel driveway of the Sarker's farmhouse. The cornflower blue two-story farm house still looked the same as it did years ago when he would walk past it twice a day on his way to and from school. The cape myrtle bushes that lined the front porch were beginning to blossom a vivid fuchsia, the pastel purple of lavender highlighting the walkway he parks the police car in front of.

Julian can feel Ophelia's hesitation of leaving the privacy of the car, so he is quick to pop the trunk open and exit the vehicle before she has a chance to say anything. She comes around to stand beside him as he lifts her luggage bag from the trunk, her cheeks red and a knot in her eyebrows despite her placid expression.

"Well, it's best if I get going," Julian states emotionlessly as he walks her to the front porch. His eyes had fixated on the cream shutters of the house, feeling that it was a safe zone for them to rest.

"Oh, you won't come in? I'm sure there's some coffee made and some of my mom's butter cake waiting for us inside." She sounded disappointed as she takes a hold of her luggage when Julian stretches it towards her. Julian risks a glance at her. Her golden orbs are cast downwards, finding interest in her painted toes instead of on him like he expected.

"Maybe another time," he compromises as guilt fills him at his need to flee. "Say hello to your folks for me." Spinning on his heel, he begins to make his way back to his cruiser.

"Julian," she calls out after him, making his heart lurch in his chest. He stops slowly, his face blank as he turns his head over his shoulder. "I- uh-, um... thanks for the ride," she manages to stutter, that glorious shade of pink returning to those soft cheeks. He can't help the smile he gives her, his muscles straining from disuse as they stretch to show his teeth.

My, how he wanted to make those cheeks blush.

He is pleased when the flush spreads down her neck, a shy dimpled smile returning his. He watches her as she turns to leave, his eyes quickly roving over her body shamelessly.

"Ophelia," he speaks up just as she wiggles the knob of the door, her head whipping around to meet his gaze. "Don't worry about your instrument. I'll send some of my guys over tomorrow to find it." The words escape his lips before he can even understand what he is saying. Before he can become frustrated with himself, though, he is rewarded with the most dazzling smile he had ever seen.

Suddenly his slip-up was worth it.

She sends a 'thank you' to him as he slides into his car, a delicate wave dismissing him as she disappears into the house. He carefully pulls out of the driveway, seeming to drive all the way back to the station on autopilot as his mind digests the encounter slowly. He must have been still smiling like an idiot when he walked into the station, as he received strange looks from the other officers and a 'what's got you lookin' like a pig in shit' from Lin. He should have been embarrassed, but he was too busy remembering the golden-eyed beauty to even care.

<_>

Ophelia's heart felt like it was about to flutter from her chest. Out of all the people in the world, that last person she had expected to see on her first day back home was Julian Moreno. The very man who had sent her sprinting from home with her cello in tow when she was eighteen.

"I'm so glad that Deputy Moreno was able to get you home, safe and sound," her mother says with relief, pulling her out of her thoughts. She is still flushed from their encounter, feeling as though her knees might give out before she can make it to the couch. "It's a shame he couldn't stay. Didn't he get handsome?" Her mother's voice is sneaky as she glances at her daughter, a sly smile on her face.

Of course she remembered her childhood crush on the now Deputy.

Ophelia rolls her eyes. Of course the man was handsome, she had always thought so. Even as a gangly teenager he had been beautiful, with his dark caramel skin, raven hair, and obsidian eyes that left fire in their path. It was enough to take her breath away.

Now, she couldn't breathe at all as her mind seemed to gush about just how well the Deputy filled out his uniform. The dark cotton was tight over his chest and snug around his arms, the fabric teasing her with the promise of caramelized muscles and toned skin. Raven locks cut tastefully short made her fingers itch to caress the waves. Dark stubble lined his jaw, making her think of what it would feel like rubbing against her skin. Her most dangerous thought, however, was how those black eyes seemed to set her on fire with the briefest of glances.

"Now, let me see that ring!" Her mother eagerly rushes to hug her daughter, the older woman's arms surprisingly strong for such a small lady. Ophelia barely had the courage to tell her of the no-show proposal.

Her mother would be more upset than she was.

<_>

The following afternoon, Ophelia had opened the door to the porch to find the worn black case of her cello laying on the swinging bench. Her joy turned into excited flutters as her fingers opened the note that had her name written on it in sprawled handwriting.

'Ophelia,

Sorry that it took so long. I'll see you around.

- Jul'

Her pang of excitement quickly dissolves as she reads his written words, an uneasy feeling replacing it. Why did it feel like he was avoiding her? They had only just reconnected briefly for the first time in years, and he was already trying to push her away again. When she had seen him with a smirk on his ridiculously handsome face, leaning against the doorway of the airport, she had thought that maybe the incident that had happened so many years ago would be past them. Now, she thought that it was standing in her way.

Why do you even care? You already have a boyfriend!

It was not her problem that Julian Moreno had no interest becoming reacquainted with her. In fact, she should be happy that he wanted to keep his distance from her. She had an attorney boyfriend that she needed to make into her fiancé before her mother decided to disown her. Ophelia had more than enough on her plate without adding Julian Moreno to the mix.

Hell, he probably had less than no interest in her whatsoever anyway.

Not that she cared... at all.