Cuffed Ch. 06

Story Info
Kennedy finds closure, pleasure, and comfort.
7.3k words
4.83
10.5k
3

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/26/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey there, lovelies <3

I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that this chapter may be tough to read. There are a couple scenes of violence against women and sexual abuse. While they're not grotesque by any means, I thought I'd just put the warning on there in case it's a trigger for anyone that may come across this.

Other than that, I have no new news

Happy reading <3

[[CC]]

*****

Chapter Six: Truths

My students noticed the change; Lara noticed the change. My instructors noticed the change; I noticed it, too.

I was happy. Even accounting for the several calls, texts, and voicemails from my mother and David, I could not keep the smile from my face.

My relationship with Holden hit the ground running. It was too soon, but not soon enough. It was the answer to my prayers.

We spent almost all our free time together and he cooked for me...a lot; he even initiated a dinner with both Lara and me where he was the chef. The two formed an almost instant friendship. Life had made a turnaround, but as I said: there is no intense pleasure without some type of pain lurking in the shadows. That pain, I realized, came in the form of making the break up with David final. I had to get my things from his house.

He refused, of course.

It was times like that when I wished I had a father or brother. I would have just called them and went to David's to gather my belongings with them as my muscle. This situation reeked of incident, which I wanted to avoid.

"I'll go over there with you, Kennie," Lara offered. "You have a key. We can just go when we know he's at work. We won't have to see him."

"I just want this crap settled. I have an interview coming up and I don't want this hanging over my head."

It was the interview I'd been hoping to score since I realized my dream to become an art teacher. I was ecstatic, worried, and petrified all in one. I had thrown all my chips into that one basket, forsaking any thoughts of a backup plan in case I was offered the position opening up at my high school. In hindsight, it was foolish; but, there was no point in regretting it now. I needed to dwell on what was ahead and ace the interview or I'd be jobless after graduation. I needed my head clear to focus on the opportunity before me, but David was making that task impossible with his childish games.

Lara's voice brought me out of my reverie. "David should really get a psychiatric assessment. He's off the hinges. Oh, and speaking of that," Lara reached into her bag and produced a box. "Not taking 'no' for an answer. Here. They can't bug you if they don't have your number."

"Lara...this is too much," I turned the box over in my hands, the bitten apple shining as it reflected the light form the ceiling.

"Holden and I went half and half. Don't worry about it."

"So, you two have been conspiring behind my back?" I grinned at the realization of how well they worked together.

"Could we conspire in your face?" she laughed.

"I could've just changed the number on my old phone, you know."

"It's safer this way, Kennie. I don't trust David. He's crazy and has money; those two are a very dangerous combination."

"I'll get it set up right away. Thank you...so much...for everything."

"We're best friends. It comes with the territory." She gave me a half smile as she zipped her bag.

"If you're ever in a useless relationship for years on end, I promise to slap some sense into you, okay?"

She smiled. "Deal. Hey," she looked at me, her eyes alight, "what about Holden going with us to get your stuff?"

I shook my head. "I don't want him to come."

Her smile faded. "Why not?"

"I just don't want him involved in that."

"He could be your police escort; you know? That type of thing."

"I feel like he's already done too much, you know? I don't want him to think I'm totally useless. He already had to strong arm the guy the first time they met. No," I shook my head. "I want to handle this myself. I want to be the one to drive the last nail into the coffin."

"And I'll put the 'dick flag' right on top as they lower that bitch into the ground."

"That's why we're friends."

Our date was set, our mission sure. We rented a U-Haul and pulled into David's driveway. My skin crawled as I unlocked the door and saw the mess before me. Beer cans, wine bottles; empty, askew decanters lay everywhere. There were empty containers of food that made the place smell like a trash bag left out in the summer heat.

"Let's try to make this as quick as possible." My voice came out squeaky as I tried to breathe through my mouth.

Thankfully, I hadn't moved much stuff over to David's. I sifted through the mayhem, looking for anything of mine I could find.

Underneath a pile of papers and DP Dough boxes, I saw a blue handle poking out from under the mess. My heart stopped as I stooped down and removed the barriers, hoping the handle didn't belong to what I thought it did. My stomach dropped as I realized my suspicions were confirmed. "He broke my grandmother's china set," I whispered, raising the blue and white teacup to eye level. The damask pattern blurred from the tears pooling in my eyes.

My grandmother reminded me of happy times. Her and my grandfather would come to rescue my sister and me for a couple weekends out of each month, taking us to do fun things like fishing, going to theme parks, or traveling up north to Chicago. They didn't even know they were liberating us with each trip. We looked forward to their presence and ran out to meet them when we heard their La Sabre pull into our driveway. They died in our high school years, and about six months apart; it was their will that made me the owner of my grandmother's china set.

"No!" Lara whipped around to face me.

I held up the blue and white teacup I found amongst the trash on the floor, showing the chips and fissures that broke the damask pattern.

"Is there any of it left?"

"I don't know."

"We'll look for it, Kennie. Gosh, what an asshole," Lara said as she began to sift through the trash.

"He knows how important that set is to me," I sniffled.

"And that's probably why he ruined it. Look, in there," Lara pointed to the cherry wood china cabinet that housed my heirlooms. Mercifully, most of the set was intact. "We'll pack those first."

After stowing away my precious items, we went from room to room, throwing my belongings into extra large plastic tubs. I didn't care what order—or lack thereof—my things made it into the tub; my goal was to get out of the house.

As we carried out the last of my things, a car came screeching down the street and toward the house. I recognized the car, much to my displeasure.

How did he always know?! He was always in sync or not far behind us in every move we made.

That I would have to figure out later, but the pressing issue was David's presence when I was trying to make a clean getaway.

"Fuck!" Lara huffed.

"I think we got everything. Let's just get this in and go," I told her.

My hands shook violently, making it almost impossible to load the tub into the back of the U-Haul. Lara, having mercy on me, took it from my hands and slammed the door shut.

David's car door slammed. "What the fuck are you doing?!?" he roared.

I took a deep breath to steady myself. "I told you I was coming to get my stuff."

"And you decided you'd do it while I was at work? Was that your genius idea, Lara?"

Lara did not back down. Not that I expected her to. She crossed her arms in defiance and glared at her adversary. "Cool it, David. We're getting her stuff so she can be done with you for good. She is not coming back, so just let it go."

"Fuck you! You never wanted us to be together. I see, now, it was because you were jealous."

"Of what?! A drunk, lazy ass slob like you? The only thing you have going for you is your money, and I'm sure you're gonna run out sooner rather than later based on your food and alcohol addiction. Step. The fuck. Off."

Another car pulled up.

I groaned. I picked this day to get my things from David because I knew he worked late on Thursdays, and here he was, preventing me from leaving. He ducked out of work just to stop me, he had to have. But who alerted him of my whereabouts?

"Kennedy. You need to stop this behavior at once."

"This is none of your business, Mother." I watched as an older, money hungry version of me walked up the driveway. She was polished in her black, knee-length dress and matching heels. Probably just came from an early dinner or late lunch at the country club.

"Of course it is! David called me as soon as he found out what was happening. You can't do this, Kennedy! Don't you see? You belong together!"

"Mom! This man is abusive! Why have you not gotten that through your head?! He has been violent toward me more than once. I cannot allow that. And, no, we don't belong together. We are through. Over. No more. I don't want him!"

She saw the resolve in my eyes, I could tell. Her own eyes widened as her mouth popped open in surprise. She probably didn't think it would be hard to talk me down from this choice I made; boy was she mistaken. She switched tactics. "You're just worked up. Why don't the three of us sit down and have a talk?"

"You sure as hell aren't gonna be able to sit in there. It's a fucking trash heap," Lara huffed.

My mother turned to glare at Lara. "It is a mess because that's the way David's life became after he lost Kennedy. Give him a chance to explain."

I raked my hands through my hair. "Explain what?! The fact that he can't stop abusing me? You, of all people, should know what that's like. It makes me wonder...would you still be with Richard if he wasn't locked up? I bet you would be, and that's sickening. Money. Is. Not. Everything. We're leaving."

"Hold the fuck on!" David grabbed me by the back of my shirt and I was, mercilessly, dragged backward; the heels of my Converse sneakers skidded against the concrete driveway. Gasps from Lara and my mother surrounded me as David locked his arms around me and hoisted my body into the air, shaking me. "Listen to me, Kennedy! Listen!"

"Put me down, David," I gasped.

"Let her go! Now!" Lara yelled as she ran to hit David. She landed blows to every exposed part of his body, but he still didn't relent.

The pain in my ribs and chest was building as he shook me like a rag doll. I kicked and thrashed against him, but he didn't lose his grip.

"David, honey, put her down. That's not the way," my mother fluttered her hands around us as if the act would make him release me.

"Katherine, she won't listen to me!" he said to my mother. "She's hard-headed, as always." He tightened his grip on my body and I could have sworn I heard something crack.

I can't breathe. He's going to kill me.

Visions of my father's hands around my neck flashed before me; I struggled harder. Black dots swam in my vision, but I still fought David with everything in me. Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I heard him cursing me for scratching him up and biting him; but I would not relent until I could no longer fight.

"Put her the fuck down, now, David!" Holden's angry voice had me shaking my head, clearing the threat of unconsciousness.

"Holden!" I choked out.

I didn't see his cruiser pull up, but I was grateful it did. No one could have stopped David but him.

"I said, put her down!" Holden walked toward us, his gun pointed at David's forehead.

David dropped me and I fell to the ground, my ribs and back aching.

"Motherfucker!" I heard Lara screech before the sound of flesh colliding made my head turn. David sunk to the ground, groaning in pain. Lara did not stop attacking; she landed blow after blow to my abuser. Kicking, punching, grabbing and pulling; I'd never seen her so fury-filled.

Holden jammed his gun back into its holster and ran to where Lara continued to assault David. "Lara, hey!" He managed to pry her off, but she still kicked and thrashed until Holden whispered something in her ear. She stilled and he set her down.

"No need to ask what's going on here," Holden said, looking from person to person. "David, go inside. Don't even think about trying to sneak out of some back door or I'll bring you in on fleeing the scene of a crime and resisting arrest...and anything else I can think of."

He watched as David limped into the house before turning toward me. I felt the sting of tears in my eyes and the heat of shame creeping up my neck and into my face. Embarrassment had set in after fear took its leave. How many times would I be in this predicament where Holden would have to save me from my crazy ex? Wasn't it bad enough being abused in front of my friend and mother? Now, Holden had seen my shame.

He jogged to where I lay on the ground and helped me to my feet. His hands touched my face, neck, shoulders, arms...all the way down to my hips. "Baby, are you okay?"

I couldn't meet his gaze yet. "How did you know where I was?"

"I got a call. One of the neighbors phoned in a disturbance. Why didn't you tell me you were doing this? I would have come with you." His tone was disapproving, a first for him.

"And just who the hell are you?" My mother strutted to where we stood.

"I'm Kennedy's boyfriend, actually."

My mother's face puckered as if she had tasted something sour. "Kennedy is not with anyone but David. They are soon to be married!"

Holden peered down at my mother with incredulous eyes. A few moments passed before Holden spoke; but, when he did, there was no mistaking the amount of disgust and contempt in his voice. "I suggest you move on before I find some type of way to fine or jail you, okay?"

"You can't do that!"

"Oh, but when Kennedy is involved, I can do anything. Leave."

My mother huffed and puffed as she stomped to her car. "If you go through with this, Kennedy, our relationship is over. You will be dead to me."

I only considered her threat momentarily. "Goodbye, Mother," I said.

She stood and watched me, her eyes dagger-like.

"She said 'bye'," Lara snapped.

My mother got into her car and sped off down the street.

"I'll get her for speeding in a residential area, but that's all I can, legally, muster up. Did you get everything you came for?" Holden asked.

"I think so. If not, there's nothing in there I can't replace. I just want to go," I said.

"Honey, you know I have to write a report."

I sighed. "That's fine."

Holden went through all the police formalities with each person, saving me for last. When it was my turn to be questioned, he sat with me on the curb, taking notes. I answered all his questions, just wishing the process would end.

"For me to build a full report, I need your mother's testimony, but I can get that from her another time. To get things moving, I have to ask, would you like to press charges?"

"No."

He did a double take. "Kennedy."

"No. I don't want to press charges."

"All right." Holden sounded upset, but he didn't say anything more. I guess he couldn't because he was still on duty; but, I'd probably get an earful later that night.

"You know, if he really wants to come for me, he will. This legal stuff isn't going to do much," I sighed.

"We'll talk about it later. You and Lara may leave now."

Holden was upset with me. He'd never dismissed me like that; but, I really didn't see what good pressing charges would do. The law can only do so much—especially to someone that has money and can buy their way out of any trouble they find themselves in.

I left David's house to drop Lara off and finish my errands for the day. I activated my new phone and new number, unloaded all of my things from David's house into my apartment, and I filed a restraining order. I knew it would make Holden more comfortable, but I did not see the point in the flimsy piece of paper.

As I crossed the threshold of my apartment, I sent up a litany of thanks for me being smart enough to put dinner in the crockpot before I left earlier that morning. I so did not want to cook.

I stripped down and tossed my clothes to the floor before sliding into the shower. I rested my palms against the wall and let the warm water flow down my body. It did nothing to loose the tension in my muscles or heat the chill in my heart.

Betrayal, hurt, and shame washed over me in the wake of being alone; all I could do was cry. I sank to the floor of the shower and let the weight of the day have me.

I was unsure how much time passed as I sat crying in the shower, but Bentley's barks brought me out of my funk. I heard him gallop into the bathroom before he stuck his nose in the shower.

"Get outta here ya crazy," I sighed.

"Hey, be nice," Holden jokingly said before pulling the curtain back. He gasped. He didn't say anything more, but helped me to my feet before tracing his fingers over my ribs. I watched as his fingers trailed down every one of my bruises before he stepped into the shower and pulled me into a hug.

"You're going to get all wet," I protested against his chest.

"It doesn't matter." He sighed a heavy, world-wearied sigh. "That fucker is gonna get me fired. I'm going to kill him. I was this close to pulling the trigger. This close. I didn't even think to direct the shot anywhere else but at his head."

I put my arms around Holden, finally feeling both my, and his, muscles relax. My heart warmed at the realization that we found comfort in each other and not just me in him.

"I saw you filed for the restraining order," he, finally, said.

"And I activated that new phone you and Lara got me. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

We stood in the shower until the water began to run colder than we could bear. He helped me out and dried my skin with a towel, being particularly careful with the bruised areas of my body.

I put on some yoga pants and a shirt before going to the kitchen and serving dinner. I picked through my food. It tasted fine, but my appetite evaded me.

"You were upset with me earlier," I said, wanting to get the obvious topics of discussion out of the way.

Holden placed his fork on a napkin. "I was."

"I'm sorry."

"I wanted to bend you over my squad car and fuck you into submission."

I gasped, my fork clattering against the tile floor after it fell from my fingers. "Holden."

"It's true. I was so angry...I was mad at you, livid with that idiot David. I wanted to beat him, then fuck you. Hard." He turned to face me. "My...temper...sometimes is linked to my sexuality, Kennedy. I promise to never hurt you, but it's just an urge that happens."

"You wanted to beat him?"

"To death. With my bare hands. It's why I joined the academy after high school. I knew I had some temper issues and I wanted to find a healthy way to solve them. Police training saved my life. I fought at the drop of a hat for quite some time, but with discipline, focus, and ambition, I was able to quell that side of me...but the sex...I still fuck pretty angrily." His head hung as if he admitted to committing an unforgivable sin.

I made sure my voice was not hard and that my next words weren't going to come out as an accusation. "That's why you don't want to have sex with me?"

How had our conversation taken such a turn; and why was I steadily becoming wetter? I had almost been knocked out by my ex fiancé and my relationship with my mother was but a memory, yet my body responded to Holden's words as if the world was still in working order.

"That's why I'm afraid to have sex with you, Kennedy. I can't hurt you. If I do, I'd be no better than him. Other girls I've been with...they liked it rough...wild. I don't want to scare you away."

"You think I won't like it?"

"I-I'm not sure."

"What do you want to do about it?"

"Nothing," he closed his eyes tight as if willing resolve to settle in his heart. "I just...I don't know. You can't even imagine how hard it was for me...the first time we met. I could've taken you in the dressing room. I wanted to."

12