Cupid's Kiss Ch. 02

Story Info
Melissa & Psyche arrive at the cabin.
1.9k words
4.5
15.2k
0

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 09/20/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stepping out of the plane Melissa took a look around and felt nature's beauty calm her ruffled nerves. The golden sun was going down behind a green mountain, casting rays that made the clouds in the sky seem like layers of blood floating, mingling and threatening to pour down. Insects had begun to sing their night songs and the last chirps from the birds indicated the descending darkness that was soon going to shroud the trees.

"Feels good to breathe in the fresh air doesn't it?" said Psyche as she came around the plane carrying a heavy canvas bag on her back and two torches. Giving a torch to Melissa she headed back inside the plane and within a few minutes came out, along with Adam who was strapped with more bags and was holding heavy cans of gas.

Giving Melissa a friendly smile the slightly overweight pilot said dryly "It's quite an uphill walk but once you reach the lodge the panoramic view will take your breath away."

Taking a heavy bag from him, Melissa juggled the two bags she was already holding and raised an inquisitive eyebrow and asked "Lodge? I thought it was a cottage."

Adam laughed and said "Psyche and her family like to play down everything that they own. Their mansion is a mere house, their limo a mere car and so the lodge is a cottage. Harold, her father believes in playing down their wealth and made sure that the kids never became spoilt brats, just head strong like him."

"Hey if you guys have finished chit chatting maybe we could start moving before it gets dark?" Psyche asked impatiently

"What's up with you squirt? Why are you so antsy?" Adam asked her retreating back

Following Psyche's footsteps Melissa answered for her "It's a long unbelievable story."

Shaking his head Adam muttered under his breath "With these people everything is unbelievable."

As they walked up in single file on the inclined trail, Psyche began to rethink her strategy and battled the doubts that were besetting her mind. She wondered whether she would really be able to accomplish the tasks or better still even if she managed to get past the task would the irate mother let Psyche see her son.

Holding the bags closer she picked up a brisk pace and chided herself. The time for doubts had passed way back in the asylum. There was no going back and she realized that she would have to be strong not only for herself but for Melissa too – who did not know what lay in store for her. Unable to deal with the headache that had been hounding her since the flight Psyche began to feel the inner pockets of her jackets for painkillers.

Walking behind Psyche, Melissa saw her fumble awkwardly for something and on hearing the rattle of the painkillers in the bottle she realized that Psyche was having one of her migraines.

Concerned, she quickly caught up with Psyche and asked "Are you having a headache again?"

Taking a swig from a water bottle to swallow the pills she answered "I had been having a migraine through the flight."

Melissa put a hand on her arm and made her stand still. "Why didn't you tell me back then?"

Shaking her hand off Psyche answered impatiently "One of us was going berserk on the plane remember?"

Melissa let her hand fall limply to her side and felt a pang of guilt. She was supposed to be looking after Psyche and not the other way round. Pulling herself together she started to walk in her patient's footsteps and determined that she wouldn't let her personal neurosis get in the way. She was here for Psyche period.

The trek started to get steep and as darkness began to descend the group of three switched on their torches and walked up at a brisk pace. Melissa could hear Adam panting behind her and was glad that she had been working out on a regular basis but as his panting became louder and louder she slowed her pace and fell into step with him.

"Would you like me to take one of the bags?" She offered,

"No, I'm fine besides you are already carrying more bags than what a little lady like you should be allowed to."

Melissa laughed at his good natured ribbing and replied "I was brought up in a farm so I'm quite used to hauling heavy weight."

Smiling back Adam continued walking alongside and after a few minutes when the distance between Psyche and them was enough to be out of her hearing range he spoke to Melissa in a low voice, "Harold is most concerned about her and has given me a cell phone to give to you which has his direct number on it incase anything goes wrong."

Melissa didn't like doing things behind Psyche's back so she asked in a measured tone, "What exactly could go wrong? It isn't as if she would get a chainsaw and hack me into itsy bitsy pieces."

Shaking his head Adam said "Look don't shoot the messenger - I'm just doing what I was ordered to do."

Juggling a bag he freed a hand and pulled out a tiny cell phone and gave it to Melissa and said "The first number on it is Harold's and then mine. Plus the local sheriff's phone number and address has also been fed in, his name is Jon and he owes Harold a favor or two so don't hesitate to call him for anything."

Shoving the phone into her parka Melissa muttered "I still don't understand what the hoopla is all about."

Adam continued to stare into the receding light of Psyche's torch and spoke in a normal tone "Psyche is the sensitive one between the two sisters. She might come across as a real strong person willing to take on any burden but inside she is very fragile. I have seen her since her diaper days, seen her cry over the little animals and birds that she couldn't save and would you believe it even now she cannot deal with an animal in pain. She needs to be taken care of, the burden she carries, whatever it maybe, is eating her up."

Taken aback at his insight Melissa took her eyes off the trail and stared at his dark profile.

Feeling her eyes on him Adam answered "Anyone can make out that the girl is working on adrenaline. And it is bound to wear off some time and that worries her father. She might have another breakdown and who will take care of her then?"

This time Melissa shook her head, pulled out the cell phone and said "It will be me who will take care of her. But believe me don't sell her short. She is a very strong lady." The last sentence she said more to herself, remembering how Psyche had put Melissa's needs before her own during the flight

As they walked, the trees began to clear up and Melissa saw a three storied lodge make a grand stand on top of the hill. One could see the main cabin from which the extensions had been made but it could definitely not be called a cabin as each of the stories had little balconies from which one could oversee the Alaskan wilderness.

Walking past Melissa, Adam said, "Told you, it is no cottage."

Entering the lodge Melissa took in the opulence of the lodge which was mixed with simplicity at same time. On entering the lodge her eyes fell on a fire place which made the one back in her apartment seem puny. The furniture seemed a bit worn out and yet when she walked in the Persian rugs that had been casually thrown on the wooden floors spoke of thousands of dollars and the huge armchairs next to hearth made her think of books, hot cocoa and long naps.

"Come, Melissa let me show you around. Adam can take the bags up, right Adam?"

Adam nodded and told Melissa to go on.

Following Psyche in Melissa took in the lay out of the lodge. And true to what Psyche had said the place was equipped with all the modern appliances especially in the kitchen which was as big as her living room and when she stared out of the kitchen window she saw a swimming pool in the backyard.

Feeling like a church mouse in the king's palace she mumbled "Er this is a gorgeous place."

Psyche smiled and replied "You really didn't think that we are the types to rough it out, did you?"

Melissa rolled her eyes and followed Psyche up the stairs which led to the bedrooms. There were three doors. Psyche opened the first door.

"This is the master bedroom."

Following her in, Melissa took in the big king size bed which was so high that one would need a bed stool to climb into it. It was as she had imagined, covered with pelts of fur and she was sure it would be real soft.

"Is this where...?" her voice trailed off as she took in the room and saw a covered piece of furniture which looked like a mirror.

"Yes, this is where it all happened." Psyche answered in a strained voice.

Unable to hold herself back Melissa walked into the room feeling a powerful tug towards the covered oval shaped furniture which stood as high as her 5"3 inches height.

Psyche saw Melissa walk towards the mirror and her heart sank. Panic flooded her body and when Melissa held the covering in her hand, Psyche's mouth opened to tell her to let it be but no words came out. Fear choked her voice and she couldn't move. 'No don't pull it down' she wanted to say 'not yet, I'm not ready. No, please, for pity sake, not now'.

"Hey squirt, where do you want Meme's bags?"

Adam's voice broke the spell that held the women in its thrall. Turning away from the covered mirror Melissa walked towards Adam and took her bags and said "Sorry Adam, I should have taken care of the bags myself. And who is Meme?"

Adam laughed and replied "Melissa is such a mouth full, Meme sounds short and sexy."

Melissa jabbed him on the arm playfully and joked "Are you flirting with me?"

Adam rubbed his arm and gave her a mocking hurt look and asked Psyche "Are you going to stare at that mirror all night or tell me where to put her bags?"

Tearing her eyes away from the mirror Psyche forced herself to look at the other two people who were unaware of the catastrophe that could have taken place. Clearing her throat she tried to sound normal and said "I think Melissa would like the room down the hall, the view of the mountains is fantastic from there. Could you take her there? And, Adam?"

Adam turned and looked at Psyche who some how seemed vulnerable at that moment and then when he blinked she seemed self composed again "Would you stay for dinner before you go?"

When he nodded, she smiled at Melissa and said "Why don't you wash up, change and meet me down stairs for dinner in about ten minutes?"

As Adam closed the door behind him, Psyche walked towards the covered mirror and felt its cool marble carvings through the cloth and spoke to it, "I'm here bitch to face any shit that you have to dish out but as my father said 'Never face your foe on an empty stomach'. I will meet you when I'm well fed and rested."