Curls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, some kind," she laughed. "Mostly we are just mates. I've known her since first form, and her parents are really cool, and very nice to me. They knew how it was with Dad so they used to have me to stay at weekends or when Mum got caught up with work. So I slept over in her room, sharing a bed. Wasn't long before we started playing about. And we still do, when the opportunity arises. But we both have boyfriends, and we have never thought of ourselves as a couple, you know, just good friends."

"I'm okay with that you know." I said

"Good," she said with a grin, and then paused. In a quiet voice she said "This could all get serious awfully quick."

I stroked her head, and said "Only if you want it to. I'll be honest, I have had the best morning of my life, today, and I never expected it, and while I would like an awful lot more, I know I can't expect it. You don't have to make me any promises. You can get dressed and walk away. We can take it one day at a time. One minute at a time, and I will cherish every minute, and be thankful when, and if, you let me spend another with you."

She laughed then, an almost sad laugh, and gave me a strange smile. "You know a girl could get the idea that you were trying to give her the brush off. But you aren't, are you? You mean it. Which is nice. Okay, you are right I don't need to make promises. And nor do you. But I can tell you how I feel right now. Right now I want to be with you every day. Every night. And right now I want to do that forever. And I know it might be a bit awkward. And Christ knows what my friends will say when I turn up at the pub with you. But that doesn't matter. Because we will find out about that later this evening."

"Are we going to the pub this evening then?" I asked.

"Yes. We are meeting Genie at 6.00, and going for a drink and something to eat, then being joined by the rest of the gang about eight. But I don't want to stay out late, I want to be home here in bed with you by midnight."

I laughed, "Sounds like a good plan, but won't we have to clear it with your mum?"

"Yes. No prob." She pushed herself up and jumped off me. "I'll get my phone."

"Hi Mum!" said Carly into the mobile as she walked back into the bedroom. "Yeah, no bother..... No, no, but I was wondering if you had plans for tonight or tomorrow?"

He voice was light and jolly, and she smiled at me as she came to sit on the bed.

I wasn't quite panicking, but I was very uneasy about this sudden turn of events.

"Yeah, yeah, I am going for tea with Genie, but I meant later on. Aren't you out with Mags and the gang?... Yeah, so I thought I you are going to be home late I might as well stay over here again... Yeah, I'm still at Tim's.... No, Genie went to work... No I don't think she'll be staying tonight, I wasn't thinking of inviting her. Three's a crowd you know?"

Carly winked at me, and I held my breath. I could just hear her mother's voice. Not the words but the tone came across. It didn't sound like she was annoyed, just curious.

Carly put a finger to her lips and brought the phone down from her ear, and put it on speaker. I heard her say "Is this something to do with what we talked about? About Tim?"

"Yes, Mum."

"I thought when you rang last night that you sounded shifty. I suppose it is too late to advise caution?"

"Yes, Mum. Far too late."

"Ah. So if Genie was staying over with you last night..."

"This morning, Mum. And before you ask, it was all my fault. I made the move on him."

There was silence for a moment. A long moment. Then her mother said "So she went to work and so did you, eh? Well, you are both over eighteen, and I'm sure you know what you are doing, even if he probably doesn't. Is he there?"

"Gone to get food, there's nothing in the fridge but bacon," Carly lied without a blush.

"Well, when he gets back you can tell him I said..." there was a long pause while her mother thought and then she said "Tell him it's okay. Tell him I'm fine about it. But the usual rules apply. Including Sunday evenings, okay?"

"Yes, Mum. And Mum?"

"Yes, Darling?"

"Thanks, Mum. And I promise I will be careful with him. He is a nice guy."

Her mother snorted. "I told you so. And what I said still stands - I don't think he'll break your heart, but you could easily break his. He's vulnerable darling. Try not to hurt him, he doesn't deserve it."

"I'll do my best Mum, really."

"I know. I love you darling, see you tomorrow at tea-time."

"Love you too, Mum."

Carly clicked off the phone and looked at me with a grin. "See, sorted."

I had watched and listened with mixed feelings. I was lying there naked, on a bed in which I had been making love to this girl, who was also naked, while she chatted to her mother and told her what had happened. Not in any detail, thank goodness, but Valerie now knew that I had sex with her little daughter this morning. So embarrassment had flooded me, and it had to be admitted, desire for the beautiful creature that sat before me. I asked her "What did she mean by 'the usual rules'?"

"I have to be home by midnight, or have rung her to let her know what I'm up to, where I'm staying, etc. If I want a boyfriend to stay over at our place I have to let Mum know before hand, just so she doesn't get a surprise in the night if she is wandering about with no nightie. And of course, no bonking when she is in the house. And, unless there is some very good reason not to, I have to be home for tea on Sundays. Mum cooks and we get a chance to sit down at the table together at least one evening a week. Boyfriends are invited to join us. It isn't compulsory, but it is encouraged. And by her tone I know she meant me to ask you to join us tomorrow."

"Good lord," I said.

"You can't avoid her forever. I know it is awkward, but we can get it over with. And really she will be fine. Its me that has to watch out."

"What do you mean?"

Carly looked embarrassed now but said "We have talked about you a couple of times, and how I've had a crush on you. And Mum told me that you had been badly treated by a girl before, and that although she has a fairly poor opinion of most men she thinks quite highly of you, and she wouldn't want to see you fall for me only to have me dump you in a couple of weeks and run off with another bloke. She really tried to put me off going out with an older guy in general, because she reckons I'll get bored, but at the same time she was so concerned about me not being bad to you because you are such a good guy. So I asked her if perhaps she fancied you herself."

There was a subtle pause then. So I rose to the bait and said "What did she say to that?"

Carly gave me a sideways look and said "What would you like her to have said?"

"No, no. I'm not playing those silly games, my darling. You know damn well that I have known Valerie for, what, eight years now, and she has been a good boss in the early days and a close friend since, but I have never made a pass at her, never asked her out, never suggested anything more than what there has been. She is an attractive woman, and on occasions I have been attracted to her, but the chemistry isn't there. My heart doesn't rise at the thought of seeing her."

"But it does for me?"

"Yes. For quite a while now." I said, and she smiled, and my heart rose.

"Well, Mum said something about the same about you. That she likes you and yes she has flirted with you, but that you just don't melt her butter."

I laughed. "And how about your butter?"

Carly leaned forward and her lips almost touched mine as she said "Sizzling..."