Daddy's Little Girl Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe I can have my wife get together with you sometime," he said as he turned and dove under the water towards the other side of the pool. When he surfaced, he turned back towards where Gail had been sitting with the kids. Seeing that she wasn't there, he turned looking for her. To his dismay, he spotted her standing directly in front of Megan who had her back against the side of the pool and appeared to be rather upset.

Bill swam over to them as quickly as he could, hoping to control the obviously tense situation. When he got there, however Gail and Megan had already finished their conversation and Megan was heading for the staircase leading out of the pool. Bill looked up at Gail, a worried expression on his face.

"Don't worry Bill, I saw the whole thing. I'm not mad at you and I sure wouldn't make a scene here in front of your friends and colleagues. I could see your expression change as she started to flirt with you."

Gail smiled. "The panicked expression on your face was both priceless and informative. You had no idea where that conversation was heading did you? Well you're not going to have to worry about her advances ever again. I had a short but right-to-the-point conversation with her. I told her that you were a very happily married man and that if I ever heard, or even suspected, that she was trying to get between us that I would break every bone in that pretty little face of hers. And to emphasize my point, I took the hand that she was using to rub your chest and squeezed just a little. Don't be surprised if she comes to work Monday with the hand wrapped in an ace bandage because I think a felt something snap when I squeezed it. I'm going to get a little sun right now. Please stay here and have a good time; I want to do this alone if you don't mind."

With that she headed up the stairs out of the pool, but instead of walking back the way they came she walked completely around the other side of the pool, slowly as if she was on the prowl, directly in front of all the executives and their spouses. Bill laughed to himself as he watched every head turn as she passed by on her way back to her chair. Now he, and probably half of the males that were in the pool, would have to stay in the deep end for several minutes waiting for their arousal to subside. 'She sure knows how to make an exit.'

On the ride home she teased him again about Megan. "Her tits are bigger than mine, but then again so is her ass. I bet she thinks she can have any of the guys she wants."

Bill knew better than to say anything and promptly changed the subject. "You were absolutely gorgeous today. I'm sure your name will be on everyone's lips Monday at work. You were great with the kids today, too. It hurt a little didn't it?"

He felt her hand rub his thigh as he drove south back towards their house.

"I made my choice and have to live with it. Are you sorry that you stayed with me?"

He nearly hit the car to his right as he pulled off onto the side of the road and parked the car. Looking deeply into her eyes he grabbed her hands.

"Don't you ever say that again. Don't you ever even let that thought enter your mind. I love you more that life itself. You're all I ever wanted and I don't think I could ever share any of the love I have inside with anyone else, not even with a child of ours. And if that's being selfish, then I guess I'll just have to live with it." He kissed her, wiped away a tear that was rolling down her cheek and headed back onto the road.

They drove in silence the rest of the way home. They took a shower together to wash all the chemicals from the pool off of their bodies. As usual Bill was the first to finish and waited for her to come to bed. He opened his eyes when he smelled her perfume.

Chapter 3

Early Monday morning, Bill felt Gail get out of their bed. It was still dark outside and he needed a couple more hours of sleep. He felt her kiss his cheek, whisper "good bye, I love you" into his ear, and head out the door. The next thing he knew his alarm went off and reluctantly he got up and headed for the bathroom. By eight-thirty he was in his lab, looking over the results of his latest experiment. He chuckled to himself as he glanced over at Megan; her left hand was indeed wrapped in an ace bandage. She didn't even look in his direction.

The morning flew by, everyone was in good spirits; most were talking about what a good time they had at the picnic. At lunch time, Bill got up from his desk and headed down the hall towards the cafeteria. As he approached his boss's office he heard the loud conversation between, his boss and Mr. Johnson, the vice president of the research division.

"Did you see the size of her? Did you see the size of her arms? No way is she a normal woman. I wouldn't be surprised if when they get in bed that there is more than one cock and hers is buried up his ass."

Then he heard his boss reply, "That's for sure, she probably doesn't let him do anything but suck on hers and take it up the ass. I'll bet at the very least he's her submissive slave"

Then they both howled with laughter and walked out of the office and down the hall to the cafeteria, never glancing back in his direction.

Bill was fuming; at that point he could barely restrain himself. He waited until they were all inside the cafeteria, and in a voice that could barely be heard, he said, "You both are such stupid assholes; the least you could do is shut your fucking door when you're going to insult one of your employee's wives."

Bill turned to walk out of the cafeteria, he had suddenly lost his appetite, when he felt a hand grab him roughly by the shoulder and pull him backwards until he fell over banging his head against the wall.

"How dare you talk to us that way," yelled his boss.

Bill scrambled to his feet. He looked around and could tell that others had seen him being assaulted by his boss. With as much strength as he could muster, he reared back and hit his boss right in the jaw with a straight right. His boss staggered backwards and landed on a stack of trays, before slumping to the floor. Bill looked around, saw the approval in the eyes of his coworkers and said in a very calm voice to the VP:

"Oh, by the way, I quit." Bill turned, glanced up at the security camera, smiled, and walked out the door.

He calmly walked down the stairs to the security office in the basement and requested a copy of the disk from today. The guard who had been at the picnic and who had always been friendly with Bill had seen the whole incident and immediately complied.

"If anyone asks how you got it, please tell them that I was out of the office at the time and that you just took it. I have less than a year before my retirement and I need my retirement money."

"Don't worry Dave; I'll only use it if they give me a hard time and I'll be sure to protect you."

"Good bye and good luck," Dave shouted as he ran up the hallway towards the staircase on the opposite side of the building in order to make an appearance at the scene.

Bill was extremely busy for the next several days. He made several calls to the human resources department trying to get the paperwork for rolling over his retirement money. But after speaking to several different people, he felt that they were being uncooperative and evasive. That's when he called his old friend from college. Ed Williams was their attorney; he had done their wills and even some estate planning.

"Hi Ed, its Bill Young. I've got a little problem I'd like to run past you."

Later that afternoon, Bill was sitting in Ed's office. He told him the whole story. He also told him what his plans were for the future.

"Bill, did you bring the disk with you?"

Bill handed Ed the disk, he loaded it into his computer and together they watched the entire incident.

"Bill, I have to ask, how did you get this disk?"

Remembering his promise Bill said, "I walked downstairs intending to ask the guard for a copy, when I got there I saw him run out of the office and before the door closed behind him I snuck into the room, figured out which recorder the disk was in, took out this disk and put in a new one, and left.

"That could be a problem if we ever get to court; but I don't think this is going to get that far. Let's call Johnson and see if we can end this before it starts.

Ed got on phone and after introducing himself as Bill's attorney, was able to get his secretary to put him through to Mr. Johnson.

"Mr. Johnson, I represent Bill Young. I understand that there was an incident at the company involving my client and his boss a couple of days ago. At that time my client gave his official notice ending his employment. He is now looking to receive his retirement plan distributions and...."

Bill could hear Johnson yelling into the phone as Ed held it away from his ear.

"That's all well and good Mr. Johnson, but I have sworn statements from half a dozen of your employees that indicate that it was Mr. Harrison that started the fight and that my client was just protecting himself. By the way, Mr. Young indicated to me that there are security cameras throughout the building. I'm going to need a copy of the surveillance tape."

Ed listened for a short time and then responded. "You say the tape was accidentally erased; how unfortunate." He paused for effect then continued. "Mr. Johnson what if I told you that I also have a copy of the disk and have seen the incident first hand."

Again there was a long period of yelling and then an even longer period of silence.

"Listen, Mr. Johnson, my client wants nothing more than what he is entitled to; mainly his retirement money, his final week's paycheck, and severance pay in the amount of, let's say, one week for each year that he was employed with the company. Mr. Johnson, just consider it a cost of doing business and the cost of an insurance policy protecting your career. If this goes to trial, the company's name will be dragged through the mud and, more likely than not, I'll get a bigger settlement for my client and both you and Mr. Harrison will be looking for new jobs."

After a short time Ed continued, "I thought you'd see it that way. Please have the necessary paperwork sent to my office, and send Bill's pay checks directly to his home address. It's been a pleasure talking with you Mr. Johnson; good day."

Ed sat back, smiled, looked over at Bill and said, "That was easy." Then they laughed, stood, shook hands and headed out to Ed's favorite steakhouse for a celebratory dinner and drinks, Bill picking up the tab of course.

The next morning, Bill woke up with the wonderful feeling of freedom and the energy to start on a new journey in his life. After an hour in the weight room, he showered, shaved and sat at his desk, reviewing one last time their financial position. Gail wasn't due back for a couple more days and he wanted to be totally prepared to prove to her that their financial future was secure. When he was satisfied, he decided to call Carlos, Gail's supervisor, and set up a meeting.

They agreed to meet at Carlos's office on Saturday morning at 9:00; he was coming in so that he could catch up on some paperwork. Promptly at 9:00, Bill arrived at the warehouse. After the usual social questions about each other's family, they got down to business. Bill explained to Carlos that he had quit his job and told Carlos that he would like to share driving duties with Gail, just as Gail and her father had done fifteen years before.

Bill pulled his wallet out of his pocket and proudly displayed his newly acquired license. Carlos studied the license and then, after handing it back to Bill, sat in silence for several minutes; he appeared to be deep in thought. Bill sat across from him, worried that the silence meant bad news. Suddenly, Carlos gave him a big smile, stood up and shook his hand saying:

"I can't tell how happy I am that we met today. For the last couple of weeks I've been wrestling with a logistics problem involving Gail and her weekly run to our East coast distribution center. You see, our furniture is more popular than ever before, especially on the East Coast. We have to decide relatively soon, whether we should set up a second manufacturing plant on the East coast or increase the number of shipments we make per year. You can imagine the costs involved in setting up a new manufacturing facility. The executive committee has given me the mandate to increase the number of shipments we make per year. The problem is that in order to do that I would either have to hire another owner-operator on a part-time basis, which would be almost impossible to do, or have Gail take on a partner so they could share driving duties. I couldn't ask Gail to ride alone with another guy, sleeping in the truck while he drove. I know she is more than able to take care of herself, but that would cause both her and her partner undue personal hardships. But... if you were her partner, that solves that problem."

"Now, we just have work out the actual logistics of the run, within the DOT rules. The rules are very specific. A driver cannot drive longer than 11 hours, after 10 consecutive hours off duty, and he/she must not drive after the 14th hour after coming on duty; a driver may not drive more than 60 hours on duty in 7 consecutive days or 70 hours in 8 consecutive days, and must be off duty for at least 34 consecutive hours before a new 7 or 8 day period starts. Finally drivers using the sleep berth provision must take at least 8 consecutive hours in the sleeping berth, plus 2 consecutive hours in either the sleeping berth, off duty, or a combination of the two. Do you understand?"

Bill nodded slowly, "I understand the DOT limits the number of hours that a driver can drive for safety purposes. But just how are we going to be able to increase the number of runs to satisfy your needs."

Carlos stood and walked over to a large map that was mounted on the wall. He explained that on the map he had laid out each of the distribution centers and the routes between them and the factory. "This is Gail's route. It takes 36 hours of driving at the posted speed limit between us and the New Jersey distribution center. That doesn't account for rest periods, meal breaks, or traffic. In theory, using two drivers, the shortest amount of time that you could make the trip is between 42 and 48 hours each way. That's really pushing it and it's not much of a life for the two of you. Right now we are doing approx-imately 26 round trips per year. What we are hoping for is to increase that number by 50% or a total 39 round trips per year. If you guys ran 3 days out, a one day layover, 3 days back with a two day break, you guys could even take a week off during the year."

"Let me work out the details; I'll present them to management on Tuesday morning and get back to you. Bill you just made my day."

Bill was a nervous wreck for the next couple of days. Gail was due home late Tuesday evening and he really wanted this settled by then. Tuesday just before noon, Carlos called informing him that management had approved his plan.

"Bill, I can offer you the same base wage that any other new driver would make. It won't be as much as Gail makes because she's been with us for over twenty years. I can sweeten that up a little because I won't have to provide any health benefits and you're providing a solution to a real sticky situation for us. Of course you won't be getting a tractor allowance; only Gail gets that. When do you want to start?"

Bill hadn't thought about actually getting paid, he just wanted to be with Gail.

"Carlos, thank you so much for the opportunity. Can I ask you for a favor? I haven't actually told Gail about any of this; as far as she knows I'm still working for my old company. Let me talk to her tonight and I'll call you tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned I can start on her next run, Monday morning. I'll talk to you soon."

After he hung up, Bill said out loud, "Now I just have to convince Gail."

Later that night, after he had made sure that there was cold beer in the fridge and all his paperwork was in order, Bill sat in the living room waiting for her to arrive. About 10:00 he heard the big diesel come down the street, stop in front of the house and back in to the driveway next to the house.

"Showtime," Bill said as he went to the kitchen to retrieve two bottles of beer.

When Gail came through the door carrying her gym bag full of clothes, she broke into a big smile as Bill greeted her with a long, hot kiss and an ice-cold beer.

"Now that's the way to welcome a person home. Did you miss me?"

"Sit down Gail, we have to talk."

"This sounds serious Bill. Is everything OK; you're not sick are you?"

"Gail, a lot of things have happened while you've been gone that I didn't want to tell you over the phone. The first thing is that I quit my job."

For the next ten minutes he gave a detailed account of the events leading up to his quitting and the results of his meeting with their lawyer.

When he was done Gail shouted, "Those slime balls! I knew they were rotten the moment I met them; I should go up there and break some bones. Thank you for sticking up for me, but what are you going to do now? Can we afford for you to be out of work?"

Bill opened one of the folders that was on the table and showed her a detailed listing of their assets, liabilities and their net worth.

"Gail, I still have most of the money my grandfather left me; we've basically been living on the money that you bring home and we've even been able to put some of that away in case we have to replace your Kenworth. I've been saving my take home pay and I've already shown you what I'm getting from my retirement plans at work. Financially, neither one of us has to work; but what else would we do?"

Then Bill opened up the file that he had on his lap and presented her with his newly acquired Commercial Motor Vehicle operator license.

"When did you get this? How, you've never driven my truck before?"

"I started school three months ago. I did it while you were away; I wanted to surprise you. I want to get a job as a truck driver."

"That's wonderful Bill, but if you get a job like mine we'll never see each other."

Bill took a deep breath, let it out, and said, "I spoke with Carlos this morning; meet your new partner... if you'll have me."

It took a couple of seconds for everything that he had just said to sink in. Then, with a squeal of joy, she jumped up, pulled him up off the couch into a bone-crushing embrace. "Oh, my God, that's wonderful! We'll be together all the time; it will be just like when my Dad and I drove together; well almost anyway."

When he could finally convince her to put him down, he told her all about his meeting with Carlos, the increased number of runs that they would have to do, and the time schedule they'd have to keep.

"That won't be much of a problem, we'll have plenty of time to iron out the logistics; the important thing is that we'll be together. I'm so excited, when do you start?"

"Same as you, Monday morning."

Gail let out another squeal of joy. "I'm so excited I feel like a school girl again. Come on let's skip the weight room tonight, I really need a shower!"

Chapter 4

The alarm went off at four-thirty Monday morning. For Bill it had been a long time since he had been up and out of bed this early. By five, they had secured the house and were on the road to the warehouse. They went into the office, got their paperwork, and headed out to back out to the truck. They both headed for the driver's side door. That's when Gail pulled rank.

"As the senior driver on this rig, I'll decide who takes the first shift. I'll drive up to our first stop outside of Winslow; you can take the next shift. Fair enough?"

They picked up their trailer, and headed out towards Route 17 North. Just before they got on the Interstate, they pulled into an all-night truck stop. Bill was more than glad to get out, top off both tanks, and pay with his new company credit card. Then they were off; next stop Winslow.

123456...9