Dani and the Bull Ch. 04

Story Info
A Party, a Puppy, and The Lady in Red.
9k words
4.78
20.3k
5

Part 4 of the 16 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/23/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: I just want to thank you all for reading this and to ask a favor, please be sure to vote and either post comments or send me feedback as it progresses...

thanks, and peace

darkstone57

*

It was late in the morning when she woke. From the sounds drifting in her open window, she got the idea that the guests for the party were already arriving. She was glad Mike and Kate had made it home for the party, and while she was sorry she had made her dad worry about her, she was a little surprised; he had never acted that way with the boys if they stayed out late. And it wasn't as if she had done it on purpose, the truck getting high centered had just been an accident.

What bothered her most was throwing up all over Bull and herself. She had tried to tell him, but then he had countered with the fact she had dared him. She would never make that mistake again, she had learned her lesson.

As she got up and dressed she considered what else had happened yesterday. She still didn't know what had possessed her to take him to her private spot; she hadn't even taken Sue or Annie to it. His reaction to it had made her feel good, he hadn't been lying about it either, and she had seen the look in his eyes as he had taken it all in. No one could pretend such obvious pleasure.

Which brought her mind around full circle, the pleasure she had felt in being held in his arms, and feeling the excitement of his mouth and how it had sent all those little electrical charges through her body. She had never felt that way before when she had been kissed. Her body had seemed to go into some kind of overload, and if not for Bull pulling away after a while, and telling her how they should be getting home...well she had no idea just how far it could have gone. Or did she?

Just thinking about it made her body shiver and her blood feel like it had jumped a hundred degrees in temperature. If this kept happening with him around, she would be probably be taking a lot of cold showers. She'd never considered that term to be real, how could a person feel that kind of heat from another person? Now she knew it was possible.

Zach met her on the stairs, and he didn't look happy. "What the hell happened last night, I get up and dad jumps me first thing about letting you and Bull venture off on your own, and then mom tells me you didn't come home until sunup and Bull is grinning like a damn fool all over the place."

Not even her obnoxious older brother could spoil her mood today. "Gee don't I get a happy birthday or anything? As to us not getting back until sunrise, and dad being upset, well, after you and Annie left, I didn't feel like coming straight back so Bull and I just went for a drive, I made a wrong turn, and ended up getting the truck high centered not far from the park. And as far as Bull grinning like a fool, well, I have no idea..."

Zach looked at her with a suspicious glint in his eye. "Are you sure? I mean if you and Bull...well that's fine, but you are still my kid sister and if he did anything out of line..."

"I would tell you, no Zach, your kid sister is still a virgin, and..."

Before she could go on, Bull appeared in the doorway below them. "Will probably be that way, at least for a while yet..." Zach was right, he was grinning. "Now just how long is depending on us so how about we shelve the issue for now. Morning Dani, happy birthday..."

Dani smiled. "Thanks, that is more than my brother has said so far."

Again that suspicious look from her brother...he looked from her to Bull and back again. "Okay, I'll drop if for now...just don't go pulling that sort of shit again, I never seen dad so...I don't know, the last time he looked that upset was when Dave backed over the curb in that Mazda he was backing into the garage at the shop and ended up making the rear end look more like a pretzel than a car..." He shook his head. "Happy birthday brat, you know I love you."

"I know, but hey, I'll make a deal with you, I won't interfere with you and Annie, you don't interfere in my business huh?"

"Sounds good to me," unexpectedly he leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Got to go grab a fast shower, Annie and Sue will be here in a few."

He went and she looked down at Bull who was watching her interaction with her brother with a smile in his eyes. "What...?"

He shook his head, "nothing, just remembering how things were between my sisters and us boys, how you doing this morning...? That was some hike last night..."

Going down the stairs, she nodded. "I need coffee, please tell me mom had both pots going..."

"I think when I went in to get a cup; they were just starting the third. Come on, I'll play body guard for you this morning. Word traveled fast about our little adventures last night, come to think of it, you may have to play body guard for me..."

Dani considered that idea and her temperature rose again. "Hmm, I think I might like that idea, which part of you should I consider guarding the most?"

He chuckled. "Depends if we're talking about the men or the women..."

She saw what he meant the minute they walked into the kitchen, it was jammed with females, both friends and family. A chorus of Happy Birthday's rang out but there wasn't one of them who weren't looking at Bull like he was a piece of triple layer double chocolate cake with whipped cream on top and a huge vanilla shake to wash it down. She looked at him and smiled. "I see what you mean, should we run the gauntlet, grab some coffee and get the hell out of here, before you become Dad's replacement for most hated male in Elton by the men?"

He nodded. "Please, I made my choice last night, you know that."

She knew, and a smug little smile never left her face as she got coffee, gave her aunts and various cousins hugs, and at the back door turned to look at them all..."Sorry ladies, he's all mine."

They were both laughing as they stepped outside, and Dani knew it was true, he was hers, and she was his, not just because of last night but the things they had talked about and the things they had shared, he had told her about his family, about the time he had spent in prison. That was something she had no intention of sharing with anyone until they got to know him better. She understood how he felt, but she doubted her family would understand, especially her dad and more so after last night.

As it was, her dad, and three of her brothers were looking at her closely as they walked over to where they stood, even Mike was looking a little more suspicious then he had been, "Morning daddy, how you doing this morning?"

Her father grunted. "I would be doing a lot better if you had just called the house, and told me what had happened when you got done calling Roy, that's why your mom and I got you that damn cell phone. And for that matter, where the hell were you that it didn't have service..."

She had been expecting this, "Up off Bender's Peak." She almost added that she had been showing Bull the view from the well known spot, but decided from the way her dad was acting, he might take that the wrong way, considering why Bender's Peak was so well known. It had a good view of the surrounding area, but anyone who went up there at night was not looking for the stars or the lights from town. It also was one of the few areas around that didn't have cell phone coverage. Looking from him to her brothers, she shook her head. "Oh just get that idea out of your head guys, and stop glaring at Bull, he was a true gentleman last night, which is more than I can say about you three if it had been you up there with some gal. We all know that Tom's idea of being a gentleman is asking a gal what color of condom she prefers, and Dave asking if she preferred a joint or a pipe, and Mike you were just as bad before Kate corralled you. Speaking of which, where is she? I was worried you two might now make it up for this..."

Mike had the good grace to stop looking at Bull like he was debating how much of a gentleman the big man had been and smiled. "She's up giving the kids a bath, we got off to a late start, and we didn't get a chance to stop much before we got here. I would have called, but we wanted it to be a surprise." He held out his arms, and she went into them. "Happy birthday kid, I know it's been a while since we seen each other, but looking at you now, I understand why dad was a little crazy last night, you have turned into one fine looking woman." His hug was strong and so was Tom's. Even Dave was clear eyed enough to hug her and wish her a happy birthday.

"And for the record, I don't smoke joints anymore; it's all pipes these days..." He was grinning as he said it.

That brought laughter from all of them and broke the tension in the air. Bull looked down at her, an experience she was going to need to get used to, and to her surprise pulled her back against him, at the same time wrapping his arms around her in a protective manner. That made her dad, and brothers, as well as several others around them look in surprise, but he only shrugged as if to say, "Anyone care to argue about it?"

Her dad did look as if he was going to ask a question, but shook his head and she knew that it would be asked later, not today.

This was her day, her and her grandfather's and no one was going to spoil for her.

Her mind was on the feel of Bull's arms around her when her sister in law Kate walked up, and handed their son to his father. "Mike please take him, and see if you can keep him clean for five minutes. I swear just walking through the kitchen he attracted every speck of dirt alone."

Dani looked at the little blue eyed boy. It was true; since the day Dylan had been born he had been earning the nickname given to him by his grandpa. "Hey Pigpen, how's my boy?" She reached over and tickled his chin. At the same time, she felt her niece tugging at her jeans leg and she picked up five year old Andi. "Don't worry sweetie, I wasn't ignoring you." She hugged the little girl to her tightly and knew the same feeling of contentment she had felt since the day she was born.

"I swear Dani; you are going to be one hell of a mother." Her sister in law was smiling. "All the way up here she kept asking when we were going to see her aunt Dani, and why it was taking so long. You'd think she had just seen you yesterday, and not since last year." Her own blue eyes took on a mischievous glitter. "And from the look in someone's eyes, maybe Jack should consider putting a chastity belt on you otherwise you might be one sooner than expected."

Dani turned to look at Bull; sure enough he was looking at her and Andi like he was looking at something very special. She felt herself blush and he grinned. "Not too soon," his voice was soft. "In time though, we got to get used to each other first..."

"Well that sounds like you plan on a long run...not that I would be sorry, Dani needs a good man around her, not these broken down asses...lord knows how Helen has put up with them all these years..." There was no malice in her voice, instead the affection she felt for her husband, his brothers and father was clear. "Of course, I am not surprised that you would go find yourself a man who was bigger, stronger and way better looking than the lot of them. Always knew you would never settle for anything less."

It was true, growing up around her family; everyone knew that Dani would always compare any man in her life in any kind of relationship with her dad and her brothers. "Kate, it's not..." Even as she tried to deny it, she couldn't...and everyone around her knew it. Whatever had happened between them last night had sealed her fate and Bull's; they were irreversibly linked together for the duration.

"Well, well, this is a nice family picture..." The voice was filled with sarcasm, and yet tinged with just enough teasing that no one could really take offense. Nick Jensen and his brother walked up and smiled. "Hey Jack, today is her big day huh, and the old man's. Where is he anyway, me and Jessie can't stay, we're headed off this evening to go see Shelia and the kids, but we wanted to stop by and wish Dani and her grandpa a happy birthday."

Dani felt that same sick feeling come over her that always happened when Nick came near her. As she did, she felt Bull move closer to her, and rest his hand on her shoulder, as if he was telling Nick the way things were, and protecting her and Andi at the same time. Andi was feeling something as well, something that hadn't been there until he had walked up.

Bull's movement brought the three of them into the attention of the two men they would have preferred ignore them. "Well Dani, I must say you look awful sweet holding that little girl in your arms." He raised his hand as if to touch Andi's hair, and Dani took a step back. She didn't want his filth on her niece, let alone face the look in his eyes behind the smile. The smile faded, but then returned just as quickly as it left. "Which reminds me, Jack, you know that old bitch of mine, well she got herself knocked up by that Shepard next door and I was wondering if you might like to have one of the puppies, or if Dani would. I was just going to take them out and drown them but then I remembered how much Dani always has liked dogs..." His eyes flickered to Bull as if to suggest that he was little more than a stray dog himself. "As I remember, she used to have a bad habit of bringing home strays when she was a little girl..." More innuendo and Dani could feel Bull's body tighten.

Her dad was well aware of what Nick was trying to do, and he smiled tightly. "Sure, I could use a couple dogs around here, when could you bring them..."

"I got them out in my truck right now, was planning on getting rid of them after I left here, if you decided not to take them. Why don't we take a walk over and you can pick out the ones you want."

As they walked together as a group to Nick's truck, Dani and Kate fell in behind the others. Her sister in law was holding Pigpen and she spoke softly. "He wants to make trouble Dani; he's just hoping that Bull will swing on him..."

"I know, and so does Bull. Kate, do you believe in visions...?" The words slipped out before she could stop them.

"What kind of visions, like the future seeing ones or just seeing things that aren't really there?"

"The future seeing ones."

Kate smiled, "Dani, remember, I am a quarter Apache Indian, my grandfather is a shaman for the tribe, of course I believe in them. Tell you the truth, he's the reason we came up this time, we had been over visiting last month, and he told both Mike and I that we had to be here for your birthday. When we asked why, he said that a great evil was coming closer to you and we would be needed to help protect you, Mike did his usual thing of laughing it off, but seldom is grandpa ever wrong about his visions, in fact he sent you something with us, said it was a charm to help protect you. You know how he feels about you."

She knew, he was a great old man, and she had enjoyed all the times they had gone to visit him when he had lived here in town. "I miss not being able to go visit him, I was sorry when he left after you and Mike got married. But getting back to the visions, Kate, last night, Bull showed me a drawing, a drawing he did four years ago, it was of me, and I know it wasn't just made to look old, the paper was all creased and the pencil was smudged...and he said that he had come here because of me...that I was what he had been looking for his whole life."

Kate seemed to consider her words very seriously, "It's possible, and I can tell he's from down south someplace, he has an accent like your dad, where did he grow up?"

"The bayous, he told me his grandmother is something like a witch woman...and so is his mother..."

At that, Kate stopped. She looked from Bull to Dani and back again. "Then Dani I have no reason to not believe that what he told you was true, I can't explain right now, but later, we need to talk more about this."

They had reached the truck and Dani almost cried as she saw the condition of the puppies, they were dirty, looked half starved, and there was no doubt in her mind that Nick had fully intended to just drown them as he had said. There were four of them, all a dull red color and looking as if they were well aware of what a bad impression they would make on folks. The cage Nick had them in was filthy and they smelled as if they had been sleeping in their own filth for so long they would never come clean.

She looked at her dad and saw the disgust in his eyes. "Tom, you and Dave take the cage out to the old shed, we'll get them cleaned up later, and tell your mom we need something to feed them until someone can go get them some food. We'll take them all off your hands Nick; I take it they are weaned..." He glanced down at the body of their mother, it was clear she had given her all to give her children life and had known her time was up.

"Yeah, poor old thing, she just passed this morning." It was a lie and they all knew it, already the flies were buzzing around her and the smell of death was thick in the air. Tom and Dave took the cage and Bull looked at her dad.

"Jack, if you don't mind, why not save your friend the hassle of taking care of the mother's body. I noticed you got a nice spot by that old shed, be a good place to bury her."

Her dad looked surprised, but then he nodded. "Sounds like a good idea to me, Dani, you and Kate go up to the house, ask your mom for an old blanket, we'll take care of it later..."

She was more than willing to do as he asked and it was clear that Kate felt the same way. She wanted to get the two little ones away from this as well, Andi had her face buried in her neck and Pigpen was squirming in his mother's arms. Kate was visibly fuming and as they approached the front door Dani saw the rage in her eyes. "Dani, I swear, it's a good thing I don't have a hatchet handy, I'd be scalping that son of a bitch, he knew that old dog had been dead longer than this morning, and he purposely didn't tell us. He wanted it to happen the way it did." Her tone changed as she glanced back at the truck. "It was good of Bull to suggest what he did, seems proper somehow if you're going to have the puppies."

Dani had to agree. She remembered the few times she had been to Nick's house with her folks, she had met his mother and the mother of the pups had been one of the few good things she had ever seen there.

Her mom was fuming just as bad as Kate had been and she voiced her opinion of Nick and his bullshit in less than lady like terms as she dug out an old blanket from a closet downstairs. "That son of a bitch, I can't think why your father didn't just knock him out when he saw what was going on. Of course, I never understood why he and Nick got along as well as they did. Nick Jensen was the last man I ever wanted to have around me and my family when I was younger. Luckily my folks disliked him as much as I did, and he was never welcome around us girls at all."

Kate chuckled, "from what I hear, there were few of the women in town who were allowed near him, let alone want to be near him. My mom told me that her dad told her that if she saw Nick Jensen coming down the street to cross over and just keep her distance. Of course, my grandma and grandpa never expected her to go to Tucson and fall in love with a half breed Apache either. Of course, who could resist that man with his tall, dark looks and those bright blue eyes? Kinda like Bull, all that long flowing white hair and those blue eyes. I can see him and dad will get along just fine, they can compare notes about all the women who have fallen at their feet."

"I was going to ask you if Paul and Selma were going to be here, I haven't had a chance to talk to her lately, and I know they had planned to go visit your grandparents down on the reservation."