Danny's Dilemma

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,369 Followers

I walked into the employee's door at Continental Classics and headed straight for the bathroom. At about nine o'clock somebody made a quick check before turning out the lights. Ten minutes later, I put on some latex gloves and walked out of the toilet into a semi-dark office area. His desk overlooked the showroom area, so his back was to the door. It looked like it was going to be easier that I expected. He had a computer in front of him, but he was pecking away on an old adding machine with paper tape. He never heard me approach.

I hit Tony with the taser right on the back of his neck. His body jerked upright, and I thought he was going to turn around, so I let him have it again. This time he gave a few twitches and then relaxed. Perfect.

I put two plastic cable wraps on each leg and two on each arm. I brought an old necktie along, to use as a blindfold. He was being very cooperative. I wheeled his chair over to the glass window by the showroom. He would be in perfect view when his people showed up for work in the morning. It was a pretty pink color, but I had to use a lot more than I anticipated. The paint was being absorbed into his clothing as fast I sprayed it on. It took at least three coats on any one area to show up like I wanted it to. I had just enough paint, but barely. He looked pretty in pink.

After I finished, I carefully packed everything back up. I had expected Tony to wake up while I was decorating him, but he never budged. I had also planned to remove the necktie blindfold before leaving. I checked my watch several times. I was well within the timeframe I had laid out, but I still wanted Tony awake before I left. Five minutes later, I was starting to worry. I tried to feel for a pulse with no success. Maybe I couldn't feel it because of the latex gloves. I took a glove off and tried again. There was still no pulse. I tried to find a pulse on his neck, like I saw them do on TV. I still couldn't find anything. I removed the blindfold and then touched his eyeball with a pencil tip. He didn't blink. There was no kind of reflex.

Well, needless to say, I started to panic. I did have the presence of mind to put the latex glove back on and wipe everything that I might have touched. I put the necktie in my pocket and then cut off all the plastic ties. You could see the marks that the pink paint left when I removed them. It looked odd. The white skin under the necktie made him look like a pink raccoon. I took another minute to make sure I didn't overlook anything and then left for work.

I dropped all the crap that I had with me, including the taser, into a storm sewer on the way back to the shop. Ten minutes later I was back making brake shoes. Nobody noticed that I was absent. As soon as the shift was over, I told the guys what happened. They were all accessories, so I was pretty sure nobody would say anything. Freddy was very impressed. None of them seemed worried. Kyle drove me home and we both made a mental note of the time that he dropped me off.

I didn't get to sleep as long as I usually did. At about ten o'clock, Marcie came barging into my room.

"What the hell did you do? What did you do, you little bastard?"

Of course, I just rolled over and gave her a perplexed look. "What the heck are you talking about, woman?"

"Tony's dead. Karen called and said they found him in his office this morning, dead. I believe that you had something to do with it and I will see to it that you pay, you bastard."

That was the second time she called me a bastard in five minutes. It was pretty clear that I was not going to be getting any more sleep, so I stumbled out of bed and hit the john. I was in no hurry to face the wicked witch of the East, so I took a long hot shower and a slow shave. I even put on a little aftershave, just to aggravate my loving wife.

I never made it to the coffee pot. A tall black man was standing in the living room talking to Marcie. His hair was cut very close and he had on a dark suit. The bitch had called the cops. There was no doubt about it. I shook my head and walked into the kitchen, to get my first cup of the day.

Marcie had a sarcastic little smirk on her face, as I sat down in my favorite recliner. My uninvited guest sat when I did.

"Mister Mercer, my name is Detective Darnell Greene, with an 'e'. I am here concerning the death of Anthony Demarco last night. Your wife indicated that you and Mister Demarco had a disagreement last week, and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?"

"Sure. I have no objections, but not here."

"What do you mean?"

"If you want to talk, lets do it in your office, not in my home. Is that Okay with you?" I couldn't help but notice the frown that came across Marcie's face. I was pretty sure that she had expected to be included in the discussion.

"My car or yours, Mister Mercer?"

"I have a few other things I need to do, so I'll meet you there. Any special office?"

"Second floor rear. Room 206. Just turn right when you get off the elevator. I'll see you shortly."

Marcie was fuming as I put on my shoes. I never got to finish the coffee, so I just dumped it in the sink. I turned and smiled as I walked out of the door. "I guess you are going to get what you wanted, sweetheart."

"What are you talking about? What the hell do you mean, Danny?"

Ten minutes later at I was sitting with Detective Greene on the second floor in the municipal building.

For the next hour, Detective Greene asked all the right questions and I had all the right answers. He was trying to be discreet about the affair without ignoring it, or rubbing it in my face. Of course, I had to admit that I had a motive, but that I never got a chance to do anything about it. It was a serious situation, but I tried my best to be congenial without being a smart ass. I think he appreciated the fact that I made his job easier, even thought I didn't have an answer for him.

The most interesting part of the discussion was finding out that Tony died from some sort of heart problem. He had a pacemaker installed a couple of years ago, and I guess it didn't mix too well with the taser. Of course, they knew about the taser from the marks on his neck. I felt bad that Tony died, and yet I was also glad.

Detective Greene gave me the usual 'don't leave town' speech, and said he would get back with me, after verifying my alibi. Wow, I never thought I would need an alibi for anything. It was sort of exciting. We parted on good terms. I got the feeling that Darnell Greene was on my side. It made me feel warm all over.

I grabbed a bite to eat and watched the TV news. There was a segment about the death of a local businessman. It mentioned that there were no know relatives in the area.

I emptied the bank accounts and then took the time to have a nice breakfast. There were things to be done at home. Marcie was not there when I got back. It took me thirty minutes to move all of my things back into the master bedroom and all of Marcie things into the guest room. The guest room had one small closet and one dresser. I piled everything on the bed, for her to put away. I checked the telephone recorder in the basement and there was nothing significant on it. I gathered up all of the banking and insurance records as well as other important papers. I was glad that I had Marcie's Volvo in my name. That would make things easier. Everything went into a folder under the front seat of my truck. I called work and took two weeks vacation.

A few hours later, my loving wife showed up. She seemed surprised to find me at home. It was time to get things in order again. I smiled as I led her to the guest room.

"What the hell is this? Who the hell do you think you are?'

Her reply was a big smile.

"Answer me, damn it. What is going on?"

"Marcie, I will be staying in the master bedroom from now on. You can have the guest room. I suggest that you start putting your clothing away. Anything that is not in the closet or the dresser by suppertime will be disposed of. Any questions?"

"I can't get my stuff in that little closet and I have no intention of staying in that room anyhow. What the hell do you mean, 'disposed of'?"

"If you can't get it in the closet or the dresser, you don't need it."

"This is not going to happen, Danny. I don't know what kind of game you think you are playing, but it will not work. You are dead meat."

"I suggest that you start putting things in order. If you have any more questions, I'll check back later."

"Bastard." That was the third time today she called me a bastard. I must be doing something right.

While Marcie was busy in the guest room, I dumped her purse on the kitchen table. I took my time collecting everything that I wanted. I got her cell phone first, and then her car keys. From her wallet, I got her driver's license and all the credit cards, debit cards, and money. I put back everything that was left.

I got her car title out of the pick-up, and then drove the Volvo across town to a friend of mine who had a car lot. I sold it to him outright, at a good price, with the agreement that he would wholesale it out of town. Even with the payoff, I got a few thousand dollars in my pocket.

I was just going into Taco Bell for lunch, when my cell phone rang.

"You son-of-a-bitch, what did you do with my cell phone, and where the hell is my car?" I was happy that she didn't call me a bastard again. She was calling from the house phone. It was a good test. I could check the recorder when I got home.

"I am sorry, honey. I had to get money to hire a lawyer to defend me from the murder charges. I promise to get you another car as soon as I get out of jail."

She was still cussing on the other end as I hung up and turned the cell phone off. After that conversation, I decided a lawyer would really be a good idea. No matter what happened, I was not going to stay married. It would have to wait, however, because I was next in line to order.

Todd and Terry were home when I got there. I went straight to my sons and ignored Marcie all together. I did glance her way a few times, and noticed that she was not a happy camper. The boys were anxious to show me the models that they had put together.

When Marcie started to put supper together, I wandered down the hall to the guest room. All of my clothes were back on the bed. All of Marcie's clothes were back in the master bedroom. I snickered to myself, but decided not to fight it. She was hard headed and determined right now.

Marcie told the boys to wash up for supper, and I went to the guest room to put my things away, again. I would have loved to throw all her stuff away, but that seemed too childish.

Red Lobster was my treat to myself tonight. Money was no object, because I still had cash left over after giving the divorce lawyer a deposit. The shrimp and lobster combo was great but the cheese rolls were still my favorite. When I finished my meal, I turned my cell phone back on. I was hoping that one of the guys from work or Detective Greene might call. No such luck, as the first call was from my wife.

"Danny, how am I supposed to go to the grocery store? We need milk as well as a few other things."

"I'll take you when I get home. Try and arrange it so that we can do the shopping on Saturdays, when I am off work. I'll feel better if you didn't do the shopping by yourself. Oh. I got another call. I got to go. We'll talk when I get home."

The second call was from Kyle. Detective Greene talked to the whole crew: individually, and as a group. All of the stories held up. Tom Tingle, the floor manager was the strongest supporter. He insisted that there was no way I could have missed work. He kept a tight rein on all of his men, and can guarantee that I was there all night. I knew that I wasn't that clever. If some criminal investigator wanted to prove that I killed Tony Demarco, I am sure that he could do it. I was getting the feeling that nobody cared.

I got home just in time to put the boys to bed. Marcie was sitting on the couch with a glass of wine.

I grabbed a cold Foster's from the fridge and got comfortable in my recliner. The TV was not on, so I figured it was a good time for Marcie and I to talk.

"So Marcie, how is the plan to turn me into a wimp and a cuckold coming along?"

Well that ended the conversation before it got started. She finished the wine, got up, and left for her bedroom. I thought she wanted to talk. I guess I was wrong.

I took my beer and went to check the recorder. The first call was to her sister. There was no cover-up there. It appeared that Marge knew all about the affair with Tony and was supporting Marcie in every way. That was good to know.

The next call was to Marcie's mom, and was a little different. Mom had no idea what was going on. Her daughter convinced her that Tony was a friend of Karen's, and that I was jealous because I had been trying to have sex with Karen, for years. Tony gave me a lecture about it and I got mad. She never said that I killed him, but she sure did infer it.

She called the cell phone company to see if she could get a replacement for the phone that I took, and didn't have any success. Then she called the DMV to report that I took her drivers license. They told her to report it to the cops. She called the bank to ask for a replacement credit card, but they told her the account was closed. I will say this: she was busy little girl.

The last call on the machine was to Karen. Karen lived only a few houses away, so I have no idea why they used the phone instead of just getting together. Of course, it was to my benefit. I learned two important things from that call: Wally was still coming in from Detroit, and that Marcie was going to lay low and not make any waves until he got here.

The boys and I were up, bright and early the next day. We were out of the house before Marcie was awake. We got home after lunch and Marcie insisted that I drive her to the grocery store. She needed things and since she no longer had a car or a driver license, I had to take care of it. That night, while she cooked supper, I checked the recorder.

Wally had arrived and the first person he called was Marcie. It was an interesting conversation. He believed everything that Marcie told him and vowed revenge. Wally and Tony grew up together and he would not let this go. He gave Marcie the number where he was staying and told her to call him the next day, when she got a chance. Marcie immediately called Karen and enthusiastically gushed about how happy she was. I could not believe that this was the woman that I was married to all these years. The change was so sudden and so complete. I had no idea that what I did was so bad that I deserved this: other than killing her lover. I went out for a burger before going to bed.

Of course, the lawn needed mowing again, so the next day I had a good excuse to avoid Marcie. About eleven o'clock, Marcie's mom and dad came to pick up the boys. I had no idea that a sleepover with the in-laws had been planned, but decided not to protest it. Tomorrow was a school day, and grand mom Wilcox promised that they would be there on time. I was anxious to check the phone recorder, but lunch came first since I missed breakfast. After a quick shower, I was off to Denny's. Marcie never said a thing about the fact that I was no longer eating at home.

Marcie and Wally had set up a plan to avenge Tony's death. The whole thing was sort of comical. I guess it wouldn't have seemed that way, if I didn't know what was going on. After Marcie and I went to bed, Wally was going to enter the house through the sliding door off the back deck. She promised him that it would be unlocked. If everything when according to plan, it would look as if I was shot during a burglary attempt. Marcie and Karen would both call 911 when they heard the shot. I know it sounds stupid, but at that moment I remembered that I had not changed the beneficiaries on my insurance polices.

I threw my wife a sarcastic kiss as I walked out the door, and got a finger in response. I had supper with my parents and spent the evening there. Before I left, I borrowed dad's snake charmer. The short-barreled twenty gauge would be perfect for the evening party. Marcie was in bed when I got home, but her light was on and I assumed that she was reading. The only call on the recorder was from Karen. She was bragging about the great sex she and Wally enjoyed all afternoon. Before saying goodbye, she promised Marcie that she would be ready later that night.

It took me about twenty minutes to replace the buckshot in the shells with rock salt. I had a full bag left over from last winter. I didn't want to kill Wally, but just slow him down. Hell, I didn't want to kill Tony either. I was hoping that Wally didn't have a bad ticker like Tony did.

I wanted to check the door to the back deck, but was afraid that Wally might see me. I had to assume that Marcie left it unlocked. I stripped down to my shorts, and messed up the blankets on the bed. A cup of coffee would have been nice, but there was none made, so I settled for a coke. I waited in my recliner with the cell phone by my side.

He didn't show up until after midnight. As soon as I saw him on the deck, I dialed 911 and reported an intruder in my house. I was careful to say that I was in fear for my life. I didn't hang up the phone.

The patio door quietly slid open and there was Wally. I waited until he was completely inside the house and then gave him the first blast. I was aiming for the lower part of his body, because I didn't want to accidentally kill the son-of-a-bitch. The first shot knocked him back unto the deck. When the second one hit him, he fell over the side of the deck, breaking the railing. I knew I didn't kill him because he was howling like a stuck pig. Boy, that rock salt must have really hurt. I was astounded by how loud the sound of the shotgun blast was inside the house. My ears were ringing like crazy. I flicked on the lights and in a matter of seconds Marcie was standing in the living room screaming. She was actually yelling words at me, but I couldn't make them out. I walked over to see how Wally was, and saw a Ruger .22 automatic, with a silencer attached, on the floor. Marcie was still screaming, so I pointed the shotgun in her direction. She quickly shut up and ran out of the room. It looked like Wally broke his ankle when he fell. Some guys have all the luck.

Ten minutes later, the first black-and-white arrived. There wasn't a whole lot of discussion. I had laid the shotgun on the floor so that there would be no misinterpretation of what was going on. I pointed to the phone, and one of the officers informed the 911 Operator that everything was under control. They asked who else was in the house and I told them about Marcie in the bedroom. They brought her into the living room and discovered that they made a big mistake. Her mouth was running a mile a minute. I tried to block it out as the police tried to shut her up. Neither one of us was successful. Finally, a larger than life, female, uniformed officer gently took her arm and led her outside.

I noticed that Karen was standing outside with some others neighbors. I smiled at her and slowly drew my index finger across my throat. She turned and rapidly walked away with out returning my smile.

The EMT unit arrived for Wally at the same time that Detective Greene showed up. He smiled when he saw me and I responded with a big grin. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, but I just couldn't help myself. The Amazon cop brought Marcie back into the house so that she could get dressed. She had calmed down a little. After I got dressed, we all headed down for police headquarters. I insisted on separate cars, so Detective Greene let me ride with him. We didn't talk on the way downtown, but he did look over at me and smile again.

PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,369 Followers