Dark Chocolate: A Mature Story Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked at her not wanting to take this bet. So I bluffed, "What do I get if, I mean when I win?"

Dalia smile, "You get to name the baby." She extended her hand, "But if I am right, I get your brand new suede and leather Alexandre Birman pumps." she added.

I walked away. "This is silly. I will not agree to that." I stated.

Dalia laughed, "Because you will lose, and you know it." She touched my shoulder and stopped me from walking, "Talia, it is alright. I'm your sister, and I love you. Now let's find our men."

My sister was the one person I could be honest with. "Dalia, he has his whole life ahead of him. How can I interfere with that? He leaves for Moore College Wednesday. His parents have worked and saved for this and he worked hard and saved all year to go. He can be at the top of his chosen field, but if I'm selfish and give in to what I want. He won't go. He'll want to stay here with me." I looked away. "That's not the worst part; I wouldn't want him to go. I'm sick Dalia, and if I can't get this under control. I will cross the line. I came close last night." Realizing I said too much, I covered my mouth.

"Talia, you didn't and you won't because you care about him. What you feel for him will make sure you do what is best for him. You can resist and let him go because that is what he needs you to do. So when we get home, introduce him to the kids and make him go," Dalia said. She was right.

The guys were sitting in front of the electronics store and stood when they saw us coming. They had talked about something, and I bet Steve gave Rick advice. Dalia greeted her husband with a kiss and he asked her to come with him. He wanted to show her something. They left Rick and me alone for a bit. "Talia, I'll back off. This is time with your family and I have no right to demand anything from you. I apologize and I will not pressure you anymore."

My heart stopped, it sounded so final, but I also realized he was saying exactly what needed to be said. "Rick, I want you to have fun. I wanted to give to a carefree weekend. Let's start over and enjoy this time alright."

Rick smiled and my heart fluttered. "OK, we can start over. Let's be friends." He extended his hand and I touched him. Tingles and electricity seemed to course through my body as my eyes flew to his.

Rick

Talia and I spoke when Dalia and Steve went to look at satellite radios that he looked at earlier. I decided to speak and draw a line. She was shocked. I could tell, and then she reminded me that she simply wanted me to enjoy myself. Once she suggested that we start over, I agreed.

She took my hand to shake and I felt fire shoot through my limbs. We let go and wandered into the electronics store. I looked at instruments and she looked at laptops. Soon Dalia and Steve finished, and were ready to go. Dalia seemed chipper, but Steve seemed a bit down. It was almost eleven and we needed to go to their parent's home for lunch. Steve carried the package the women bought to Talia's car and suggested that she and Dalia go on to their parents. The two of us would meet them there. Dalia kissed his cheek, and whispered in his ear, He smiled and then kissed his wife. We stood as the ladies drove off and then climbed into Steve's truck.

"Steve, what's wrong?" I asked. It was obvious he was disappointed and maybe talking would help.

"Nothing, I was a radio system I can wire for my game room at home, but Dalia said we can't afford it. She hates to spend. We often agree on big purchases before buying." He explained.

"Oh, OK." I answered. My parents did the same. So I understood what he was saying.

"You and Talia talked?" he asked.

"Yes, I apologized and told her I wouldn't pressure her anymore. She suggested we start over, and we shook on it." I explained.

Steve drove for a while and then he laughed. "Rick, you and I are a sad pair. One day we need to team up on those sisters. Look when we get to Mom and Pops I want to introduce you to the cousins. You should have fun."

Soon we were driving into a wide driveway. Cars were parked all around, but Steve managed to park beside Talia's car. We got out and before we could reach the porch, people came out to meet Steve.

As they all spoke, I stood watching. Steve took a minute to introduce me to the guys. "Hey guys, this is Richard. He worked with Talia. Rick, these are the guys Mike, Brandon, and Brian. Brandon and Brian are Talia's cousins. Mike and Talia dated for a while.

I was instantly alerted to Mike. I had to check this guy out. He was closer to her age, tall, and athletic. "Hey, you hoop? We have a game later. Light skin versus dark skin, and we need another player." Brandon asked.

"Yes, I play a little. I'm in." I answered and we shook on it. Dalia and Talia came out and I had to play it cool. Dalia hugged Steve, and Talia joined us. Mike spoke to her and she greeted him. I could tell she was uncomfortable when some more guys walked up.

"Ah hell Naw!" They declared." Y'all got another light-skinned brother on y'alls team. We still gone kick y'all asses." They taunted. Brian spoke up and said, "Ha we don't need another player to take you out. "

They laughed and introduced themselves. We joked backed and forth with me giving as good as I was taking the taunts. I liked her family. Soon, Dalia called our banter to an end because even more people had arrived.

"Enough, Mom and Pops are inside. Let's at least speak before the rivalry begins." She declared and Talia laughed. Talking my arm as Dalia took Steve's we went in to meet her parents.

Talia

Steve and Richard were right behind us. Dalia knew Steve was a bit upset, because she refused to let him buy a radio that he wanted. But it would be fine, because she had a special announcement to

We went straight inside to see Mom and Dad. They hugged us and we were so glad to be home. As we greeted our parents, we realized that Aunt Sandra was there as well as Aunt Lisa. We took a moment and greeted both of them as well.

"Girl it's so good to see you. I know you're busy in the city, but you need to take time and visit home more." Aunt Lisa chastised me. I smiled. Aunt Lisa was my saving grace growing up because she understood what I was going through. However, I respected Aunt Sandra, but she was often harsh with me. She never seemed to be fond of me, so as a child I avoided her as often as I could.

Being Southern, I had to greet her with a hug as well. As I thought, she had to get her dig in. "Talia, I'm so glad you're home. Look, I found this cream, and I want you to try it. Alright. It guarantees to help lighten your complexion." I froze, and before I could answer Daddy spoke.

"Sandra, both of my daughters are beautiful. Talia is an ebony goddess, and Dalia is a Creole queen. I have told you about saying stuff like that to her." Aunt Sandra was instantly contrite. "I'm sorry child, I just..."

"Sandra, just stop it alright." Momma spoke.

I hated seeing my Aunt in distress, even though she was not my favorite. I understood that in her way she was trying to help, but her words hurt. "It's OK, Auntie. No harm done," I whispered. She hugged me so tightly, and whispered, "Thank you."

Dalia and I chatted for few more minutes when she noticed Steve's truck was outside. We excused ourselves to go find our men. As usual, our cousins, Brian and Brandon were there, with my ex-boyfriend, Mike. Already talking noise were our other cousins, Drake, Tyrone, Dee and Gee, and their friend Too Long. We walked up and I noticed that Richard fit right in. He could talk noise with the best of them. I spoke and Mike tried to hug me, but I avoided him. To my relief, Richard played it cool I guess his promise to back off at the mall was legitimate.

Dalia told the guys Mom and Dad wanted to see Steve and my guest, so she grabbed her husband and I grabbed Richard and we went inside.

As we were walking in, Brian yelled out, "Hey guy, we got practice in fifteen, Steve you know where, right." Steve yelled back "Gotcha," and Dalia snatched his arm.

Mom and Dad were sitting when we walked in. A thousand thoughts flew through my mind. "Would they like him? Would he like them? Would anyone comment on how young he was. Would they believe he's just a friend or read more into it? What would Mom and dad think of Richard?"

Richard squeezed my hand, and I relaxed. It was if he could sense that I was nervous. I smiled and introduced him to my parents. As I predicted they were extremely gracious, and Richard relaxed immediately. Steve noticed the time and begged off. "Pops we need to prep for the game. Well see you at the court, right?" he asked.

Dad laughed, he looked a t Richard, "You play ball young man?" he asked. Richard laughed and answered, "Yes sir, I've played with guys in the neighborhood for years. I was actually thinking of trying out for the team at Moore when I get there."

"Aha secret weapon, I might have to join the dark-skinned team so they stand a chance." Dad joked. I was shocked. I never knew he played sports, but it was a nice surprise.

He and Steve left and then the questions began.

Rick

We went inside and I met her parents for the first time. They seemed really nice. We talked a bit and Steve remembered we had to prep for the game. I actually played ball, and everyone seemed a bit shocked.

I liked her Dad. He reminded me of my father. He was older than his wife but he still looked young. You would think he was in his mid-fifties not sixty-five. I laughed when he said he had to join the other team. Then I realized something, there was quite a lot of focus on skin color in this family.

As Steve and I went to the court to practice I asked. "Um, Steve, why are we playing dark-skinned versus light-skinned? Why not play as shirts and shirtless?"

"It is a tradition in this family. The dark-skinned members always try to best their light-skinned family members. Freaked me out the first time I heard it, but Brian explained it to me. It's just fun and games, not serious. He also said that as the only white guy in the family, I had to be on the light-skinned team, so here I am." He exhaled. "Look we can talk more about this later, but first I got to teach Drake a lesson. He says white men can't jump, but I want to show him I can out shoot him." I laughed.

We made it to the court and warmed up. Soon some young ladies came and told us lunch was ready. Brian introduced us, and one of the girls, Kenya, seemed to latch on to me. We all walked back to the house with Kenya hanging on to my arm.

Lunch was a casual affair, a huge family picnic. The house was lovely and the family had a huge backyard that accommodated the crowd. Steve was talking with other guys his age leaving me with the guys we played ball with and the girls that joined us. I had so much fun, just hanging with them. I wondered where Talia was, and took a moment to find her. She was actually talking with her sister and some other people. Soon the guys decided to eat and I held back. Kenya grabbed my hand and pulled me with her.

We picked a table and had fun talking and joking for the next hour or so. Soon Drake stood and challenged Steve. "Hey, white boy. It's time to get yo ass kicked he teased."

We laughed and our group broke up as the opposing teams formed. "To the court!" Some one yelled and it was game time. Two of the uncles served as referees. The game was on. We played straight ball, no breaks, no rules, and fouls did not exist. The first time I took a punch, I went down. Dee looked at me and laughed and said, "Hey light skin, if you can't take the heat..."

That was it. I was going after him. Within the next ten minutes, I got my punch in. He got up and wanted to fight. The refs pulled us away from each other. I wondered what Talia thought, but I dare not look for her. Soon we were at the end of the game. The dark-skinned team had a four point lead. We needed a five points to win it. Mike broke the ball and passed it to me. Tyrone was headed for me, as Steve tried to block. I shot from the three-point line and everyone froze. SWOOSH! Nothing but net, and like that their four point lead was now one point.

Gee broke the ball and passed to Too Long. Too Long attempted a lay-up and nailed it. Just like that the dark-skinned team won the game. No bad feelings though and we congratulated the winning team. The guys decided to go to a local club and just hang. Steve and a few of the older guys refused because they had plans with their wives, so Drake asked me to join them. I asked if they could give me a lift back to Home Style Inn and they were like sure. I said "Let me check with Talia, first." I was her guest and I wanted to make sure she did not have anything she needed me to attend with her. Besides, my Dad always said check with your driver before wandering off.

She was talking with her Dad and I hated to interrupt, but I wanted to be sure she did not need me for anything. Mr. Greene sat there smiling as I spoke. When she answered, he nodded also giving me his consent as well. I looked at Talia just to be sure; any trace of doubt, and I was staying with her. She said, to have fun and I smiled and went back over to my new friends. "No problem, as long as I get dropped off ."

We went back to the house and talked a while. The guys were leaving and Dee told me they'd be at the hotel to get me at eight. I said "cool", and they left. Kenya walked over and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled at her and she whispered, "See you at the club," and walked off. Stunned and sort of aroused, I made sure I watched her walk away.

"Man, how'd you get her. She won't even look at me," Too Long complained. I looked at him humped my shoulders and laughed. Where was Talia? I wondered. I looked around and saw her talking to her Dad. She seemed to be concentrating really hard and I wondered what was so serious.

Talia

The guys went to practice and we stayed to help make the lunch. As we were setting up, Kenya, Tammy, and Ariel came in. These girls are our cousins and Kenya just graduated this year. She is taking classes at the local college this fall, and for a second I wonder if Richard will find her attractive. My cousin is beautiful. She has long brown hair, a milky brown complexion, and hazel eyes.

I think Dalia can read my thoughts, because she nudged me snapping me from my reverie. I laughed, but deep down I was worried.

Soon Aunt Sara grew tired of them and told them to go out and get the men. They stopped and talked to Drake and Dee, and then I saw them heading to the court. They told the guys lunch was ready and I saw Kenya attached to Richard. Fear, anger, possessiveness, engulfed me.

I moved away from the crowd. I had to get my emotions under control. I moved to the kitchen and watched him laugh with her. I saw her touch him. It was making me fume. At some point, Kenya came inside and saw me. She rushed over and hugged me. I hugged her back and congratulated her. She then began asking questions about Richard.

"Talia, he is so cute. He skin is so smooth. Oh my God he looks like Bruno Mars, and Talia I love Bruno Mars. Look, does he have a girlfriend? I mean, a guy that looks like him cannot be single." Kenya ranted.

I wanted to scream at her, He's mine! Declare he was taken, but couldn't do that. I smiled and answered, "I'm not sure. You'll have to ask him." I answered.

"Well, it doesn't matter, tonight he's mine." She boasted as she rushed outside to join him.

I was tearing apart lettuce for a salad, and as soon as Kenya left, I pulverized the salad.

"Calm down, Sis, You're jealousy is showing." Dalia teased as she entered the kitchen.

"I'm fine. It's just that. Does he have to have her so close to him?" I grumbled.

"Damn, I wished you had taken that bet. I'd have some new shoes." Dalia teased. Then we carried the salad out.

I sat with Dalia and some of the other women and we talked. Soon the game started, and we all went to watch. I had never seen Richard play, and I must admit he was impressive. When he was hit and fell, my heart stopped, but baby boy got up and back in the game.

He was hot, sweaty, and sexy as sin. Soon the game was almost over and he made that amazing three pint shot. Everyone cheered for him, even me. Unfortunately his team lost, but in my eyes, I saw a new side of Richard, a masculine aggressive side I wanted to get to know."

"Girl, your lust is showing. I thought he was just a kid you wanted to treat before he goes to school. How do you plan to treat him?" Dad asked. I blushed, embarrassed to be caught in my naughtiness.

"Daddy there isn't anything. I'm just happy he's having fun, that's all." I lied. Why lie to my father, he knows me too well.

"Right, you know your Mother was sixteen when I noticed her the first time. She was dating some little punk that had no idea how special she was." He chuckled.

"Daddy it's not like that. I mean..." I looked away.

"Talia, I know how you feel. He is so young, and you don't want to take advantage. You feel like a predator." He hugged me. "I like him Talia. He's a good guy, but I think you are right to wait. Let him finish school, and if it's meant to be, it will happen."

I nodded, because someone understood. I had heard the story of Daddy and Mommy so many times. Daddy was hired as a contractor on a big job at the school. One day he was working when Momma walked up. He was floored. As soon as he learned her name and that she was a student there, he tried to not think about her.

Momma saw him and thought he was the most handsome man she'd ever seen. So for over a year she flirted, but he dismissed her. At some point she convinced him to take her out. Out of sheer respect, he picked her up from home. He was so much older and when he met Grandpa for the first time, he pulled a shot gun on him and made him leave. He decided to walk away, but Momma ran away from home and showed up at his house.

She was seventeen, and he knew he would have to go to jail, before he let her go. He went back and confronted Granddaddy, and granddaddy hit him. Grandma and Momma begged him to stop and Momma got between them. Momma told them she would be with him no matter what they said, and she and left that day. Time passed and Daddy felt he was wrong and he went back to ask permission to marry her. He promised to care for her and Granddaddy gave his permission. They married soon after. I loved the story and often wondered what made them fight for each other.

"Daddy, Kenya is the right age for him, she's beautiful. They complement each other." I wrapped my arms around myself. "I mean, just look at her, she's perfect."

"Talia, I never spoke on this before, but now I must say something. Everyone is born inside their skin. You and your sister look exactly alike, except for your color. She is light like your mother, but you my daughter have a deep dark complexion. Your sister is milk chocolate, but you, my dear, I call dark chocolate. You are beautiful and your skin is amazing. I want you to see yourself. I want you to see what I see when I see you. You need to see what he sees, because that boy loves you." I hugged Daddy and he held me close for a moment.

Richard walked over and explained he was invited out by my cousins. He wanted to know ii I had any plans for us that evening. "No, I'm going out with Steve and Dalia, have fun. Make sure you have a ride back to the hotel OK." I answered. He paused, and looked at me, then he smiled and walked away. He and the guys talked, and I saw Kenya kiss him, as he made sure he watched her walk away.

Rick

The picnic lunch ended. Talia and Dalia helped clean up and Steve and I had dumpster duty. After about an hour, everything was cleaned up and we were once again visiting the parents. I was collecting some paper when her father walked up to me. He helped and then asked me about my feeling for his daughter.