Dark Fate Ch. 06

Story Info
A nightmare and a long awaited showdown.
4.3k words
4.67
12k
20
5

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 08/11/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aislinn opened her eyes to find herself standing in the middle of a long dark alley. The heavy black sweatshirt she wore did nothing to protect her from the bone chilling wind that whipped through the alley. She shivered and shoved her hands into the front pocket. The dark cloudy sky was tinted a sickly red color and the rain that fell from the heavens was black and vanished just before it reached the ground. Aislinn quickly pulled her hood up to keep the disgusting substance out of her hair.

As she walked out of the alley she found herself caught up in a pack of people going about their daily business. To her horror all the people bumping into her were like ghosts, semi-transparent and without faces.

What the hell was this? A dream? No, a nightmare.

After a few minutes of struggling she was finally able to free herself from the throng of ghost people who seemed completely unaware of her presence. A tiny bit of the fear growing in the pit of her stomach vanished when she recognized where she was, it was the same street she and Levy and taken a stroll down on their day out together.

With no set destination in mind she ended up following the crowd of ghost people down the street with the hope that she'd be able to figure out why her mind had conjured up such a world, or at least find a way to jolt herself awake.

Any moment now I'll wake up

Aislinn kept repeating that phrase as she continued to walk down the unending road, the fear steadily growing stronger with each step she took until she was trembling. No one she'd passed so far had looked in her direction, let alone tried to harm her in any way, yet she found herself growing more and more terrified of the red tinted world filled with ghostly denizens and black rain.

Her steady walk slowly turned into a jog and eventually into a full blown sprint. She glanced in every direction to find the way out but no matter what street or alley she chose to follow, she always found herself coming back to her original starting point. She finally gave up when her fear induced adrenaline rush faltered. She sank to her knees in the middle of the street, tears threatening to break free as she tried desperately to catch her breath.

As she sat there, silently begging herself to wake up, she caught a glimpse of something white in the corner of her vision. Her heart skipped a beat. Who or what could that be in this world of sickly red and inky blackness?

She forced herself up, her shaking legs aching in protest as she took her first tentative step in the direction of the brilliant white color. She turned the corner to see a figure dressed in white, obviously a man, walking away from her.

"Levy?"

Relief swept through her. She called out to him several times but he didn't acknowledge her or even look back so she had no choice but to follow him. It seemed the faster she walked after him the farther away he became until she found herself stumbling just to keep up with him. It wasn't until her legs gave out and she tripped that he turned around to face her.

"Levy?" she whispered, squinting in the dim light to see his face.

A shiver of dread ran through her when the figure removed his white hat and let his eyes meet hers. It wasn't Levy, no, to her surprise and utter horror, it was the man from the bathroom. He and Levy looked so much alike she actually entertained the thought that they could be twins.

"Not the person you were expecting to find?"

"No, why are you here?!"

"Why indeed." He replied. He took a step forward and was right in front of her.

He ran his hand through his blonde hair in a similar fashion to Levy. He blinked and the silver color of his eyes changed to glowing crimson, just Like Levy's had done. He smiled, his canines lengthening to long fangs, reflecting the dim light from the nearby street lamp. Aislinn bit her lip silently to protest the wave of fear that washed over her.

"What? No cute little moan for me?" He asked, keeling down and reaching his hand out to touch her cheek.

"Don't touch me!!" Aislinn yelled, slapping his hand away as she crawled backwards.

"You're afraid of me and rightfully so, I am a monster and you see me as such but Levander, he's the same as me yet you don't see him the same light, why is that?"

"Because I know Levy would never try to hurt me but you will."

He laughed. Aislinn had to cover he ears to try and block out the terrifyingly sweet sound of his voice.

"I am a vampire and so is Levander, it is in our nature to kill. Somewhere deep inside you, you know what he really wants, you've seen it in his eyes, eventually his blood lust will override everything else and he'll devour you to satisfy the hunger that rages inside him."

"No, I don't believe you." She replied, her voice quivering slightly.

"Yes, you do, you just don't want to admit that I'm right, you don't want to admit that the man you're falling in love with isn't human and it's just a matter of time before he snaps!"

"Levy would NEVER hurt me, he would leave me before it ever got to that point!" Aislinn countered, though, in all honesty, she couldn't quite bring herself to believe in her own words.

"Would he really? Oh I doubt that. He wants you more then anything, he craves you more then anyone he's ever known. His lust drives him to dominate you and you make it so easy for him."

In the blink of an eye he forced Aislinn down on her back, using his body to pin her to the ground. She tried to struggle but he had the same unbreakable strength Levy possessed. She cried out for help but no one came, none of the shadow people passing by them even acknowledged their existence. He let her struggle until she wore herself out then he forced her hands up over her head and held them there with one hand.

"I just had a splendid idea! How about I take you for myself? You are very beautiful and you smell absolutely mouth watering..." His voice no longer sounded sweet to her ears but it was still incredibly hard to resist the compulsion she heard in it. He pushed her hair out of his way and took a long deep breath in.

"Stop it! Stop it! Let me go!" Aislinn commanded, trying to knee him in the groin. He easily deflected the blow then used his knee to keep her legs open.

"Your feeble attempts make me want to laugh," He whispered coldly, grabbing her chin with his free hand.

"S-stop...please..." She begged, tears welling up to blur her vision.

He ignored her pleas as he forced her head to the side before licking down her neck. He bit down hard. The incredible pain that radiated through her body brought her screaming out of the nightmare.

She sat up, bringing her hands up protectively around her throat as she struggled for breath and tears began to stream down her cheeks. Of course there was no wound and no blood but the intensity of the pain in the dream left her shaking violently.

"Csitri, baby, calm down, calm down, I'm right here!"

Levy's voice pierced through the veil of the nightmare still holding Aislinn in its thrall like a sword. Like a weight had been lifted off her body she felt her desperate will to fight back return along with a strength only a cornered person on the brink could possess. Her eyes snapped open and although she knew it was Levy's blue eyes that met hers, her mind, still partially trapped in the nightmare, could only see the eyes of the man who'd attacked her.

She screamed blood murder as she began to punch, kick, and claw at any part of his body she could reach. After Levy's initial surprise at her erratic behavior he didn't have much of a problem holding her down until she kneed him in the groin then smacked him as hard as she could across the face.

He rolled off her and right off the side the bed, landing on the floor with a loud thud. Aislinn spun off the other side of her bed to put as much distance between them as she could possibly get in the small confines of her bedroom.

It took Levy a long moment before he was able to get to his knees. He tried to slip into her mind in order to calm and reassure her but she rebelled against the contact, forcing him out of her mind and slamming the door on their mental pathway like a heavy steel door. He cursed aloud in pain, placing his hands on either side of his head in an effort to diminish the pain of the mental recoil he was experiencing.

A moment later the bedroom door swung open hard. The sound of the knob hitting the wall reverberated through the entire house. Kayle stood at the threshold.

"Jesus Levy what is going on in here?!"

"I have no idea, she was having a nightmare then she woke up and attacked me!" Levy explained nursing his busted lip with his tongue and the back of his hand. After a moment he stood up and tried slowly to close the distance between him and Aislinn but she was simply having nothing to do with him.

"NO! Stay away, stay away from me!" She warned, throwing the first thing she could get her hands on at him.

He easily ducked out of the way of the pillow but he stopped where he was. He held his hands up in front of him, a gesture meant to show her that he meant no harm.

"Stop Levy I think its best if you go downstairs and let me handle this." Kayle said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No, Kayle,"

His protest was cut short when she physically forced him out into the hallway, despite the fact that he was stark naked. She shut and locked the door behind him, ignoring his continued protests.

"Shhh, shhh Aislinn, its okay, it's me, it's Kayle," She soothed drawing Aislinn into her embrace like a mother would do for her child. "It's alright, it's alright now."

Aislinn desperately wanted to believe Kayle's words of reassurance but her dream hadn't been just a normal nightmare. To have someone who so resembled Levy attack her like that scared the hell out of her. The worst part of it all was that she couldn't bring herself to completely deny the words he'd spoken so confidently.

She felt it though, she was changed, different somehow then she had been when she'd gone to sleep the previous night. Even in her semi hysterical state she saw the world differently, slightly more vivid then she could remember it ever being before. Something important had taken place between her and Levy but at that moment she couldn't clearly recall what it was.

That dream, it had felt so real, too real. It was hard for her to believe that such a dream could really be the sole creation of her subconscious trying to warn her of some imminent danger, there simply had to be more to it then that.

After Kayle left it took her a very long time before she was able to pick herself up off the floor and make her way to the bathroom. She looked as bad as she felt. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and her hair was a complete mess. Her clothes...she was naked!

A deep blush creeped its way up her neck as she finally recalled the events of the previous night. She wasn't sure whether to be happy or angry at Levy for sneaking into her house in the middle of the night and seducing her while she was too tired to fight back.

It wasn't until she reached for her brush that she noticed the dark purple-blue bruise on her right side just below her shoulder blade. Upon closer inspection she found two puncture marks at the center of the bruise. Was that a bite mark?

Aislinn's heart pounded furiously in her chest as she sank slowly to the floor, more tears burning at the corners of her eyes.

That's right, she remembered now. Levy had been unable to stop himself from feeding upon her at the height of their passion. A wave of nausea washed over her. What would have happened if he hadn't been able to regain control of himself? Would he have turned her, or worse, would he have killed her? She hadn't cared then but she certainly did now.

She cursed. Just when she was beginning to think she was ready to accept Levy as part of her life the world was throwing her a curve ball she had little hope of catching.

She took a very long, very hot shower. Normally a shower was her ritual to relieve stress but she could find no comfort in the feel of the water on her skin, nor the warmth that it provided to her. This time the water just couldn't wash away all the doubts left behind by the nightmare.

She felt it. Levy had done something to make a connection with her, one she knew she would never be able to break. She could still feel him in her mind, a whisper floating around the edges of her consciousness seeking entrance but she kept the door to her mind firmly closed.

She dressed in her uniform out of habit. A pointless endeavor considering how late she probably was. She sighed. Playing hooky was quickly becoming a bad habit thanks to Levy.

She walked down the stairs slowly for fear that he would be waiting for her downstairs but she couldn't feel his presence. The tiny voice in the back of her mind that assured her he was gone was right, only Kayle had remained behind. Aislinn found her in the kitchen making breakfast.

"I don't usually cook so I hope its edible." Kayle said, setting a plate of food down on the table for her. Unable to speak she just sat down quietly and began to eat, finding herself surprised at just how good the food tasted.

"Wow! This is really good, thank you."

Kayle smiled then turned away from her to start cleaning the kitchen up a little.

"Um, do you think maybe Levy is angry with me?"

After a moment Kayle folded the washcloth in her hand and set it aside before turning to face Aislinn.

"Levy sure is a handful isn't he?"

"Heh, that's a complete understatement!"

They both giggled for a moment before the conversation continued on in a much more serious note.

"Levy is, a complicated person. We've known each other for years and I've seen many sides of his personality that he doesn't often show other people. His perfect life is a facade few can see through and to be quite honest with you Aislinn, he was never a very happy person, well, until he met you that is."

"Me?"

Kayle nodded before joining her at the table.

"Money doesn't buy happiness as I'm sure you're well aware of. Levy has spent a considerable amount of time traveling the world trying to figure out what he wants from life. We were starting to worry about him until he came back for a visit and ran into you."

"Me?" Aislinn repeated.

"Mhm." Kayle nodded again.

"I don't understand what's going on at all, I mean, one moment it felt like we were separated by this invisible wall. Now that wall has been shattered and I feel like I'm being swept up into a hurricane."

Kayle smiled and took one of Aislinn's hands in hers.

"You enjoy the simple things in life, and it was that quiet passion for life and doing what you love that caught his attention. I know it must be intimidating right now because Levy is coming on so strong but the truth is, he's just as unsure about everything as you are!"

"Really? That doesn't seem possible."

"Yeah, really. He tries to act cool and calm but in reality he's quite terrified of doing or saying something that might make you shy away from him."

"I never would have thought someone like Levy could be afraid."

"You should make him sit down and talk with you about your relationship, I'm sure there are things he wants to tell you but he just doesn't know how. You have the right to ask him what he truly wants Aislinn."

"So, you don't think he's angry?"

"No, if it's one thing I know about him it's that he could never be angry with you."

Kayle smiled and squeezed her hand in reassurance before returning to her cleaning. Aislinn certainly felt relieved after their talk but the nightmare still lingered in her thoughts.

She was worried that Levy had been able to catch a glimpse of her nightmare and she didn't know what he might do if he knew someone had attacked her in her dreams. She instinctively reached out for him only to draw back at the last second.

She sighed. She had no choice, she had to talk to him and get everything out in the open before it was too late.

"Where did Levy go anyway?" She asked, washing her plate when she was done eating.

"He got called to help out at the academy just before you came downstairs."

"Ah, ok, well, I need to go turn in some work so I'll meet him there and have a talk with him."

"Good luck!" Kayle called out as Aislinn grabbed her backpack from beside the door and headed outside.

Feeling the warmth of the late morning sun helped to further calm the chaos of her mind. She decided that even if she couldn't bring herself to tell him the details of her nightmare, she still wanted to apologize for so violently attacking him.

She took her time walking to the campus, trying to think of what exactly she needed to talk to him about. What would Levy do when he learned about her doubts and suspicions? She wasn't sure if she was more afraid that he would lie to her or more afraid that he would tell her the truth.

She sighed again. In the span of a two and a half weeks she'd herself caught up in a whirlwind romance with the most beautiful man she'd ever met. He was flipping her world upside down and sideways and she wasn't entirely certain he was even human.

Vampire huh? Was it really possible? Aislinn brought her hand up to the place on her neck that had been pierced in the dream. It ached. The vivid memory of that terrible burning pain caused her stomach to lurch and a little bit of the courage she'd regained faltered.

As she walked across the main courtyard a familiar figure caught her eye. It was Levy. He was talking to some people she didn't know. That was so like him, to make friends with any and everyone he came in contact with.

Tears suddenly burned in the corners of her eyes. She didn't want to, but she feared him now, she couldn't help it.

He isn't human

He'll devour you

It's just a matter of time before he snaps!

She turned her back to him, covering her ears and closing her eyes against the incessant whispers threatening to destroy the fragile relationship that was building between them.

"Aislinn!"

She froze. It took a long moment for her to gather the courage she needed to turn and face him. His expression was as calm as usual but his eyes revealed what was really hiding just below the surface. Relief and concern swirled deep in the depths of his pale blue eyes along with another emotion she hadn't expected to see: pain. Had she really hurt him that much by refusing his comfort earlier? She averted her eyes, suddenly feeling very ashamed of what she'd done.

Aislinn, my love, there is nothing for you to be ashamed or afraid of.

Levy's soft voice echoed through her mind, caressing her gently. He sent waves of love and reassurance to her, vanquishing the nearly overwhelming fear he found there.

"Aislinn look at me."

"I can't, Levy, I, I'm scared, there are so many things about you I don't understand..." She whispered, ignoring the tears that broke free to slip uninhabited down her cheeks.

"Aislinn,"

With infinite gentleness Levy took her chin in his hand and forced her to look up at him. She found it painful to stare at his beautiful face. She felt so ordinary beside him, so utterly plain and yet somehow, beyond all reasoning, she'd managed to capture his heart in the palm of her hand.

"Levy, I,"

"Shh, you don't need to apologize Csitri, the fault lies with me for sneaking in and taking advantage of you while you were tired."

"No, Levy, that's not it at all, I..."

Aislinn's attempt at some kind of explanation for her earlier behavior was cut short by Verona's timely arrival.

"So what, is 'this' your new little pet project?" Verona sneered totally ignoring Aislinn.

"What the fuck did you just say?"

Levy's gentle demeanor did a one-eighty in the blink of an eye. He was now pissed, really, really, pissed. Aislinn had never seen him angry before and this shift in his personality sent a tingle of dread along with a jolt of desire through her.

12