Dark Kisses Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carolyn's heart began to race, her chin trembled and she closed her eyes as the memory of him engulfed her... the hard but gentle touch of his hands, the scent of his skin, the pressure of his lips that set her on fire and the magical feeling of being held in his arms, of lying against him, under him, joining with him...

She stepped into the water.

The water stopped; she poked her head around the corner and he had a new, more powerful hunger to sate. He gave her a heart-rending smile. "That's much better," he said, rising from the bed and walking to her still wet body. Bringing her hand up, he pressed her warm, firm lips against her palm and then against the pulse pounding at her wrist.

David held out the small box and opened it. "Carolyn, I've been enchanted by you from that first time I saw you and I've loved you almost as long. Carolyn, will you marry me and be my loving wife and grow old with me?"

She inhaled sharply; it was the fourth time he had asked and she could no longer fight her own feelings. Carolyn felt her breasts press against him before his lips found hers. David kissed her, tasting the sweetness of her mouth as it opened to his. He felt her sigh deep inside and her tongue searched for his while her bare arms went up over his shoulders and around his neck.

Once again, she felt the maddening passion in her blood that had come when their bodies touched. He lifted her up and carried her to the bed, laying her gently onto the sheet. He stretched out beside her and held her close until she was filled with a glow, a physical warmth that drove all thought from her mind.

Carolyn pressed her body closer to his, feeling him harden against her even through his clothes as she parted her lips to kiss him once more. Then, his mouth and his lips and his touch...

To David, she was as perfect, as soft and graceful as a flower in the beginnings of bloom. With every kiss or caress, he felt her skin respond with warmth and then heat.

The bed was warm and rumpled, embracing them as they embraced one another. He lay almost on his back, one arm holding her against his chest while the other fit itself to the curve of her hip. When he had kissed her, her brain ceased to function and her body had taken control and she was lost.

Smiling, Carolyn nuzzled against the muscles between his ribs and continued all the way down his flat stomach. She edged her way higher, kissing his collarbone and brushing her lips against his shoulders. She lingered over the hollow of his neck, teasing with her tongue until she felt him harden against her thigh. Slowly his arms encircled her and for a long moment he held her close, breathing in the fragrance of her curly hair.

David's mouth grazed her throat, ear, shoulder, burning wherever it touched until she felt the fire spreading downward, once again. Helplessly, she arched her hips for closer contact with him. He came to her, thrusting deeply and she answered him with all the passion she had kept hidden for years.

She could not let him go, keeping him within her, her arms around his back. They were both covered with a shiny sheen of perspiration and their hearts beat wildly. Her hands caressed his back, tracing every muscle, every line they could reach. When she finally spoke, her voice was soft. "Yes," she whispered, barely hearing herself as she melted into his arms.

Is this real? she questioned. Is this real?

It had been six years since she had worn a ring on that finger. Now, there was a one caret emerald cut diamond ring surrounded by four princess cut diamonds in an 18K yellow-gold mounting. She kept touching the ring, not believing, almost twisting it around with her other fingers, its touch so foreign and yet... so real.

**********

Chapter 9: Kisses in the dark...

"There's this place... it's a little out of the way but it's supposed to be the most amazing Italian place ever."

Carolyn looked at her lover, her fiancé... "Wherever you go, I will follow you, even to the ends of the earth."

"Baci Ristorante... it's around here, somewhere," he said, finally pulling the Dodge over to the curb. "Looks like we're here."

"Buona sera, il benvenuto al Baci Ristorante. Please, come with me."

They were given a table toward the wall, David asking for privacy. "May I?" he asked.

Carolyn could only nod her head, still in shock at the turn of events. She was overwhelmed that he loved her and their lovemaking was unbelievable but there never had been any expectation of marriage, they had been so different and yet the last two years so they had been so alike.

"Wonderful. Let's see..."

The waiter was poised, waiting...

"Insalata Caprese..." He looked at Carolyn, imagining stars in her eyes... there WERE stars in her eyes. "That's sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, olive oil and basil. Prosciutto e Melone... that's ham but what a ham... and melon... We'll split the Linguine Pescatora... that's linguine with scallops, mussels, clams, calamari, and shrimp... and let's see... and the Veal Marsala... that's veal with mushrooms, shallots, and Marsala wine... and the 2005 Stratton Lumis Cabernet Sauvignon."

"Sì, signore, graziamenti."

"When I look into your eyes, it's like looking into the night sky and I see the stars calling me." He reached across the table to hold her hand just as the first course arrived with their wine.

"Scusi, per favore." The waiter put down two dishes, put the tomato and mozzarella salad in the middle of the table and quickly disappeared.

She looked at the food, feeling out of her depth. Italian had always meant spaghetti and meatballs and pizza, even when David had given her free reign in the kitchen.

David noticed. "Are you happy?"

She was surprised, yet again. Of all the questions, she was not expecting that one. "Yes, darling. I'm... I can't believe it's real. Are YOU sure you want to marry me? I mean..."

"You're the older woman?" He laughed. "Only a couple of years... is that what's worrying you?"

"No... it's just that..."

"Listen, sweetheart, I love you. I've waited my whole life for you. It's like some magical spell has come over me. You love me, don't you?"

"Yes..."

"Good... then, let's enjoy this food."

"I'm going to get an Italian cookbook. I promise."

He looked at her and smiled. "That would be... interesting." He took a knife and fork and put half the salad onto her plate.

She pouted. "You don't think I can do it?"

"I think you can do whatever you put your mind to. How's your salad?"

Carolyn looked down, her food untouched. "I... I better start eating." She picked up her fork, cutting a piece of cheese and spearing the ripe tomato slice to her mouth. "Mmmmm," she moaned. "I never thought tomatoes would taste so good."

"So, I suppose we'll be eating Southern Italian instead of Southern Fried?"

She smiled. "Are you going to want German, too?"

"Do you like strudel?"

"Do you?"

"Only if you do... God, I sound like I'm five. Yes, I love strudel and schnitzel and knackwurst and..."

"I'm gaining weight just listening to you. We're going to have to stop at a culinary store for some cookbooks or something."

"How would you like to go to the Le Cordon Bleu, later?"

"Later?"

"You know, after the honeymoon..." His Irish looks turned red.

"How can you blush, considering everything we've..."

"I guess I'm just shy."

She started to laugh and couldn't stop. "My love, you are many things but shy isn't..." Then, she realized how wrong she was. He HAD been shy, probably still was... until that fateful day when they had finally succumbed to what they had known all along. The heart refuses to be denied. Love is magic.

The waiter brought the prosciutto. David took his fork to a Parma ham wrapped melon slice and offered it to her. Her lips barely opened and her tongue began to taste the famous delicacy. He pushed it further in, feeling an almost sexual thrill as he watched it enter her mouth and her lips close around it, remembering what she had done earlier in the afternoon.

Carolyn knew the effect she was having on him. What woman didn't? She knew she could tease him mercilessly and then bring him such ecstasy as he did for her.

*********

"I'll be back sometime around two or three. Would you like to go to Horton Plaza while I'm busy?"

"Are you sure? I could wait here for you."

"No, it would be fun. You can do some shopping. I, uh... in truth, I had a second card made for you... not the house budget card but my card. Here..." He handed her a new VISA Rewards card. "Don't forget to sign the back."

She looked at the name. Oh, my God! It said, Carolyn Christy...

The amount of trust he was showing her made her want to cry. David had brought her, her whole family, into his life completely and now this.

"But..."

"Listen, darling. We've known each other for two years, now. We've done everything married lovers can do. I've trusted you with my life. I love you."

She finally smiled. "OK."