Dark Magic Ch. 02

Story Info
Hester Roc.
3.7k words
4.65
15.3k
10

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/17/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Scripts from the Great Library in Nycene:

From 'Professions', a list of official jobs compiled by the State Mages of Nycene,

"Treasure Hunter": a treasure hunter is a man or woman, usually a mage, who travels great distances in search of rare and sometime powerful artifacts left behind from the Magic Wars. Some treasure hunters seek objects of historical value, such as Ancient artwork. Others, and the majority, seek out artifacts that contain some measure of magical energy.

Many of these treasures can be found in abandoned Ancient cities, which were used during the Magic Wars as places of shelter and bases for wartime operations. Nycene is the prime example of such a city, and continues to harbor the largest collection of state and private treasure hunters in the world. Other cities have been picked clean by hunters, leaving very little to be discovered by anyone considering joining the profession.

As a result, the number of private treasure hunters has fallen dramatically in the past twenty years (Edit: private treasure hunting is now illegal by decree of King of Nycene). Any young hunter may wish to consider joining the state treasure hunters, who are consistently provided with steady work payed for by the state...

"So your parents were nobles?" I asked Celeste, who was blazing the trail ahead of me with deft skill, sometimes slicing through the thicker underbrush with her dagger.

She nodded, her blond hair bouncing across her shoulders, "But they had me pegged as a nymph early, so I was never treated like the lady they wished I would be."

"Hm," I mused, eyeing her swinging hips appreciatively as we scaled an incline, "You are most certainly a nymph. I'm not surprised they saw right through you. But I doubt you're missing much. The life of a nobel, at least a human nobel, sounds highly unappealing from what little I know of it."

"That's what I've always figured," Celeste agreed and blazed onward, toward Hester Roc.

We had gotten up later than I usually did while on the hunt. Deciding to make up for sleep lost the night before, I had been deliberately lazy. When I had finally woken, Celeste was draped across my body and her hand had found it's way through the open neck of my tunic sometime in the night and she was busy idly playing with the springy hair that grew there. Gently I had woken her, and after a light breakfast of little talk we were off. But not until I had given back her dagger, intending it as a gesture of trust.

"Do you need to stop wherever you live and get anything?" I had asked.

The question was met with a coy smile, "Wandering elves do not respond well to the security and bondage of a home," she had explained, "I have no belongings. I sleep where the land provides me shelter."

"Lonely existence," I mentioned.

"That's why I have you now," she responded and began to lead the way north.

Now it was just past noon and the land, while still hilly, was beginning to level out. Celeste had said that Hester Roc was only a day's walk away, which at the time had baffled me. I had come north from Lancaster after selling off my latest bit of treasure, deciding that it was time to explore the claim that there was a city of Ancients somewhere in the northeast wilderness. At the Green Seo outpost, on the edge of the true wilderness, I had asked the locals if they had ever heard of such a thing. Only one old, grizzled trapper had taken me up on my offer, swearing to me that he had come across a city somewhere to the east of the outpost that had been abandoned for centuries.

Figuring I had nothing to lose and everything to gain from not only seeking out unknown treasure, but also leaving civilization behind, I had decided to take the loony man at his word and head toward the fabled city.

Directly east would have eventually led me closer to Nycene than I ever wanted to get, so I had tracked north and east instead. Although apparently further north than I had intended. Anything close to where I had thought I was would have been remote indeed, but not secret Ancient city remote. The knowledge that I had gone so radically off course frightening me a little. I did a lot of traveling on my own, and needed to remain deft in my tracking skills.

"How did you find this place exactly?" I asked Celeste, falling in beside her.

"When you've wandered the wilderness as long as I have, you tend to run into things that are out of the ordinary and very much out of the way."

"And how long as that been?"

She glanced at me sideways and winked, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Elves could live for centuries. As far as I knew, Celeste could have been living in the forest for longer than I had been alive. It was an interesting thought, but I did not press the issue. She would tell me if she wanted, if not, what did it matter.

We crested the top of a small rise, and the trees suddenly cleared, giving us a nice view far into the distance. I could see the snaking path of a river cutting it's way through the green forests below, it's water sparkling in the bright summer sun. Along a gentle bend of the shore, and thrusting up against the backdrop of the blue, flawless sky was a tall rectangular, obviously man-made structure. Still small in the distance, I could tell that it was gray and filled with holes through which sunlight filtered through. Beneath it were smaller, similar structures, all clustered along the bend in the river. The clear remains of a city.

"Wow," I breathed, genuinely impressed, "Is that it?"

Celeste nodded, "We'll reach it by nightfall if we make good time. There are plenty of buildings we can take shelter in for the night. Tomorrow you can hunt for your treasure, whatever it is."

"I wish I knew myself," I admitted, picking up the pace again with Celeste close behind, "All I know is that Hester Roc must be one of the few cities left in the world that hasn't already been combed over by a hundred different treasure hunters."

"So I'm assuming you don't work for the state," Celeste ventured, "Having ventured out so far on your own in order to avoid the helpful cooperation of fellow treasure hunters."

I shook my head and adjusted my pack, "No love lost between the King and I, that's all I'll say."

"So I guess we're both a bit rebellious," Celeste smirked, and I laughed.

"I guess we are," I agreed and we made our way toward the river and city that lay along it.

The sun had just begun to set when we reached the outside of Hester Roc. Centuries of forest growth had reclaimed the streets and many of the buildings, leaving the only indications that we were at our destination the river and the few, tall structures that remained. These were falling down and rusted and I began to wonder if there would be any worthwhile treasure within them. Hester Roc was certainly one of the more run down Ancient cities I had visited.

"Have you explored this place much?" I asked Celeste, who was leading us toward the river and a barely-there stone bridge that crossed it.

"Hardly," she responded, stepping over a low stone wall that had once belonged to a sizable building, "But that big tower we saw is still very much intact, relatively speaking. There could be any number of things inside. It's where I figured we'd spend the night."

"Works for me," I said, and watched as we neared the bridge, the tower in mention growing bigger.

We crossed the river, watching our steps on the crumbling stone. It wasn't really stone, but the fused, seamless, stone-like material that was prevalent in Ancient cities. Whatever it was made out of eluded modern mages and engineers, though it appeared to be composed of a large number of smaller rocks somehow bonded together.

By the time we were across the river, the sun had all but set. Muttering a word of activation, a spot on my arm flared, and then Celeste and I were bathed in a warm light emanating from a floating orb above us.

"Interesting trick," Celeste commented, "But how do you use magic without writing runes? I've seen you use a number of castings but you don't have any artifacts on you that have etchings."

I rolled up my right sleeve, baring the cluster of tattooed runes that almost completely covered my skin from wrist to elbow in colorful ink, "I'm surprised you didn't notice them last night," I said, "I've got another one on my back that's fairly large. I got that one for payment on one of my more lucrative hunting excursions."

Celeste touched the runes with the tips of her fingers and marveled, "I did not know mages could do this. Why bother with artifacts and paper when you could have etchings with you at all time?"

"Because it's illegal," I explained, "According to the state, no one should have easy access to such large amounts of power. I think it makes the illustrious King nervous up there in his throne room, which is why state mages have permission to kill any mage they see with tattooed ruins on the spot."

Celeste spoke, "Sounds like the very type of thing that made me want to leave Lake Land so much as a child. The upper echelon telling the lower class how they should live. How much power they're allowed to have."

"You're from Lake Land?" I asked, trying to gently steer the conversation away from those things that caused me anger, namely the King and the state.

"I am," she nodded, looking toward the west where the sun had just set, "And sometimes I still feel too close to home, even though I know how far away I am."

Lake Land was located far west of where we were, at around the same latitude. During the time of the Ancients it was sparsely populated. It was filled with beautiful lakes and forests which became the home of one of the largest groups of forest elves after their arrival during the time of the Ancient. If Celeste had been of nobility in Lake Land than she must have truly been a disappointment to her family, having given up such a powerful title.

"We're here," Celeste announced suddenly, and indeed we were.

Covered with ivy and hidden behind a small cluster of young trees was the facade of the building, or what was left of it. A small incline led up to squat, triangular bases, the remains of some long ago destroyed columns lined the front of the building's wall. Behind the wall, through what had once been the entrance, I could make out more trees and plants where sunlight was able to filter down through the many crumbling floors and provide life giving energy. Stepping through this entrance, I looked around, my light orb illuminating the area.

Looking up, I could see the crumbling floors of the upper story by the orb's light, all but withered away by time. Climbing up would be dangerous, but I had tackled greater obstacles before.

"Must have been an important place at one point," I commented, marveling at the size of this first floor. I could barely make out the far wall even in the bright light.

Celeste nodded her agreement, "Perhaps it was where the government of Hester Roc once ruled."

"How do you know the name of this place?" I asked, realizing I had seen no sign or indication of the Ancient city's former title.

The wood elf shrugged, "I must have seen it on a sign once while exploring." 


I narrowed my eyes, skeptical. Any signs that had once been here would have rusted away long ago. The small things were the first to go in these cities. Only buildings and treasure remained.

"Let's gather wood," I suggested, "We can build a fire and then eat."

"Ok," Celeste agreed and set off into the relative darkness of the building.

The second time we had sex came suddenly, but naturally.

About an hour after arriving at the tall tower in Hester Roc we were both full and relaxed, leaning against my pack together near the fire, which was roaring happily in front of us. We didn't speak, only enjoyed the warmth of the blaze and of each other, my arm draped around Celeste's thin shoulders, holding her close to me.

I was a dark mage who fed on the unpleasant emotions of others, but that did not make me a bad person. It was just my style of magic and a good way to claim energy, one that I had learned from my master as a child. I prefer to be alone most of the time, but being with Celeste seemed natural, easy. It was not love, not even lust. Just...pleasure. Happiness. Contentedness.

At some point Celeste turned her face toward me and began to kiss my neck. Lightly at first, but then with more hunger. I turned toward her and she captured my lips with hers, immediately beginning to explore my mouth with her tongue, biting softly at my lower lip. Tender but aggressive. She wanted to be a more active party tonight and I was willing to let her.

Feeling her hands roaming across my torso to grip the hem of my tunic, I lifted my arms up so that she could pull the garment off of me. Free of it's confines, she began to explore my body with her fingers, playing over muscle honed from years of hard traveling. All the while she continued to kiss me passionately. Her lips were soft and skillful, her mouth tasted sweet, a pleasant counterpart to the nectar that spilled forth from her lower lips.

My cock was hard in my breeches and I could feel the heat from Celeste's cunt against my thigh as she tried clumsily to get closer to me. Gripping her shoulders, I laid her back on the blanket we had spread out, positioning my thighs between hers and grinding my erection into the blazing heat of her pelvis, our clothing maddeningly confining.

Fingers ran down my back as I shoved one hand under Celeste's tunic, searching for the hard point of her small breast. Her skin was smooth as silk as my hand glided across it and her chest arched into my palm while she cried out in pleasure, throwing her head back.

I sat back on my knees and pushed her tunic up over her chest and then her head, tossing it away and admiring the pale flesh of her naked torso in the firelight. Celeste lay back and arched her chest again, inviting me. I took her up, leaning in and capturing the small bud of her left breast in my mouth, sucking at it and eliciting another loud moan of pleasure.

I moved to the other breast, toyed with the nipple, and then began to trail light kisses down her stomach, making my way to the sweet nectar that I knew lay just beneath the fabric of her breeches.

"I can't wait to taste you again," I said, yanking down her clothing, exposing her steaming cunt.

"Then taste me," Celeste urged, thrusting her hips into the air, trying to get to my face.

Using my hands to spread her thighs wide, I dipped down and licked her slit from base to clit, gathering a tongue full of her sweet cum. She moaned as I lapped and sucked at the outside of her cunt, flicking the tip of her clit with my tongue to which elicited a sharp cry of pleasure.

"Brian!" Celeste gasped as I inserted three of my fingers into her, rotating them, stretching out her tight channel.

"Are you always this damn tight?" I growled against her clit, her heat scorching my fingers.

"Elves are gifted with a good deal of favorable traits," she said, "Eternal youth being chief among them."

With a chuckle, I began to move my fingers faster, lapping up the juices that escaped from her cunt with each thrust.

"Keep going," Celeste moaned, gyrating her hips, "I'm almost there."

I sucked her clit into my mouth and bit it gently while simultaneously pressing hard on the small bundle of nerves halfway up her upper wall. It did the trick, and the nymph cried out in orgasm. A small squirt of her cum shot from her cunt, landing hot on my wrist as her inner walls spasmed around me.

Hands were suddenly holding my head in place, forcing me to imbibe the sweet nectar that came forth, which I did willingly. It was ambrosia and increased my own pleasure, making my cock feel harder and fuller than it ever had.

When Celeste released me, I removed my fingers from her and stood up, undoing my breeches and pulling them down, discarding them. Celeste sat up and gave me a wicked smile before turning around, planting herself on all fours, exposing her dripping sex to me.

I got down on my knees behind her, using my hand to line the head of my cock up with her entrance. I rubbed it along her slit, coating it with her cum, before gripping her hips and pulling them toward me.

There was the familiar pressure of resistance as my cock head cleared her outer lips, and then the heat of her cunt engulfed me as she slid along my shaft.

"Damn," I groaned, pulling out and reentering, her cunt just as tight as it had been the night before, small spurts of her cream escaping as I reentered.

"Harder," Celeste moaned, and I complied, pumping my shaft into her with renewed vigor, her walls gripping me tightly with each thrust. Sucking sounds filled the building's first floor as wet suction formed between us. "Yes!" she cried, dropping onto her elbows, forcing her cunt into a deeper angle.

I was sweating, my chest gleaming as I concentrated on getting as deep into Celeste as I was able, my pleasure rising with each tight thrust. To prolong my orgasm, I withdrew from her and pushed her hips to the side.

"Lie down," I said.

Turning over, Celeste lay on her back, her knees bent with her thighs spread wide. I moved down, planting my arms on either side of her head and slid into her cunt while staring hard into her eyes.

"So full," she panted, and arched her hips upward to get more of me into her.

I ground down on her pelvis with mine, mashing her clit between us and, gyrated my hips. This brought a scream of rapture and claws down my back as she came around my cock, almost sending me over myself.

At the height of her orgasm, I began to thrust into her, hard. With each movement, she rocked back on the blanket, her small breasts bouncing with the force. At the edge of my emotional periphery I could sense there was pleasurable pain in my actions, and I fed on the empathic energy while continuing to thrust hard into her.

"I'm going to cum inside you," I growled, never breaking eye contact with Celeste, whose own green eyes were clouded with pleasure.

"Please," she begged, clawing at my back.

With a few more hard thrusts, I stilled, pressure building and then releasing as I shot my seed into her, pressing hard on her clit with my pelvis, trying to bring her own, third release.

It came, and her nectar spilled out around our joining in small squirts, coating my skin near her cunt and saturating the warm summer air with his sweet tangy scent.

I collapsed lightly on top of her before rolling off onto my back, my cock withdrawing easily from her well-lubricated channel.

"How was that?" I asked, my sweaty chest heaving with each breath.

"Mmm," Celeste purred, laying her head on my shoulder and trailing a hand playfully across my stomach, "Perfect. Believe it or not, I think you're the best human lover I've ever had."

I arched an eyebrow, "Where do I rank among elves?"

Celeste appeared to think a moment before responding, "Near the top at least."

"Ha!" I barked, "Then I guess you still have a few things to teach me."

"I suppose I do," Celeste agreed and kissed my neck, "Tomorrow maybe. Right now I'm exhausted."

"Me too," I said and pulled the blanket over our bodies and murmured a casting.

"Oh!" Celeste gasped, her eyes widening, "What was that?"

"Cleaning rune," I smiled, draping a hand over her shoulders and bringing her close, "Whisks away unwanted messes. Pretty useful when you're being dirty."

Celeste giggled and shifted to get comfortable, "You are a man of many surprises," she said and closed her eyes.

I dimmed the fire and closed my own eyes, thinking of what a fortuitous trip it had been so far. I had a feeling that something big lie within Hester Roc, the forgotten city of the north. Tomorrow I would find out what that was.

12