Dark Serenity Ch. 05

Story Info
A time to heal.
5.4k words
4.71
10.5k
8

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/19/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Damn that was a dumbass move." Jackson kept saying to himself at loud. He pretty sure the creatures did not understand what he was saying due to the lack of crying from the hostages.

He knew what type of monster it was the moment he ran into the building, but yet he still had to take precaution on how he would end its life, and the others that crawl from under the rock with him.

With a sudden burst of energy he was on his feet ready to fight for the innocent. Reaching into his pants leg uniform, he pulled out a very large blade.

"Hunter," was all the entire leader said as he stepped closer to Jackson.

The monster had Jack's complete attention, he failed to realize that the thing's comrade was sneaking up on him from behind until it was too late. The next thing, Jackson saw everything and everyone in his line of vision fading away into darkness.

>~<

Sage sat there in a chair next to the bed as he waited for the young girl to stir awake. He already took what he needed from the girl earlier, and healed her mind, body, and spirit Now all that was left to do was send this girl on her way home.

He took a deep breath and let it slowly out.as the girl continue to rest. He contemplated should he feed tonight, and if so from whom? Then his thoughts went to Eliza, and that Big Blonde Asshole she was kissing on. He could not stop thinking about it no matter how hard he tried. The thoughts of those two kissing each other was branded in to his head. He still found himself angry with Eliza, but yet the feeling of the love he had for her was still there in his heart.

He fell in love with her the moment he laid eyes on her. The way she moved on the dance floor to the thunderous beat of the music, as her little witch friend was rubbing against her made the crotch of his pants get even tighter.

"Hey are even paying attention to me?" the squeal of a voice belonging to a succubus he was with that night. He long ago forgot about her the moment Eliza came into his view on the dance floor.

The way she swung her head from side to side shaking off her days worry was breath taking. Her puffy, puffy red hair stood out wild from her head as she didn't give a damn who was staring at her. He could tell she was only there at the night club for herself and her friend. She couldn't care less that numerous males tried to get her attention. That's what attracted Sage to Eliza in the first place.

"Well if you are not going to give me any more attention, then I will leave. You sorry excuse of an incubus." He turned his head to see the succubus leaving from his side to head over to the bar, and chatted it up with some werewolf.

He finally felt relief that he now could stare in awe as this little vampire danced her troubles away.

When the song finally ended the vampire and her friend went over to their tables, . It was then that he decided to make his move. Grabbing the wrist of a scantily clad waitress he quickly whispered in her ear pointing at Eliza.

>~<

Eliza was so grateful that her friend Bella came by to pick her up, and to hit the town. She had an awful week with the constant attacks on her, and death threats the moment she killed Matthias. A Demon King Reigning over the fourth level of hell or the Afterlife to some people. She was now leaning back against the booth she was sitting in next to Bella when a tall female waitress approach her table.

"This extra bloody Mary is from that gentleman setting over there." Eliza and Isabella both slanted their head in the direction the waitress was pointing in. Eliza's vision was filled with a breathtakingly beautiful Japanese man.

Although he was sitting she could tell he was tall, maybe taller than every man in the club. His facial features were strong and angular giving him that rough rugged look. He had big dark eyes with a good set of eye lashes. High cheek bones that led down to a nicely trimmed goatee, which surrounded a nice set of kissable lips.

When she gave him a quick little smile showing off just a hint of a fang, he returned it with a dashing crooked smirk showing off one his larger fangs. "Oh God who is that drop dead sexy demon?" she heard Bella asked.

"Sage Anzai." The waitress said. "He's a regular here, and people just adore him. Enjoy your drink ma'am."

"Thank you, darling." She shot back to the waitress who was already taking orders for the couple next to them.

She got one last good look at him before summoning him over with a wink, and a head gesture that suggested she wanted his attention.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Bringing him over to meet me and you, so he can buy you a drink."

"What?!? You can't do that. He's attracted to you not me."

"All the more reason for me to test run him."

"Oh dear lord Eliza, what are you trying to prove?"

"That the fact he has to accept people that are close to me, and care for very much.'

"Oh El that will won't-."

"Well, hello my lovely. I could help but notice that you beckoned me to come over."

Bella's statement was interrupted by the deep resonating tone of Sage's voice.

Eliza could not help the feeling of a chilling shiver going down her spine as the gorgeous man in front of her spoke with the most delicious, deepest voice that she had heard. His voice alone caused her panties to moisten and heat to envelope her body. Her body knew that she wanted this man from the get go.

Clearing her throat and leaning up placing her elbows on the table, she did her best to keep her cool. "You know, if you want to get to know me better you have to buy a drink for my friends here as well. I mean, you can't buy me without buying her one as well."

"Ha-ha, Okay I 'll bite. I take it that you care about your friends dearly?"

"You're damn right she does. And her friends care about her, so no funny business, Pal." He looked down at the vampire's companion for the night. She was cute, had a nice body. But he had no interest in her; it was her friend that he wanted.

"Alright sweetheart, since you asked so nicely I will buy her a drink. But if only you grant me the chance to sweep you off your feet on the dance floor."

'How can I not accept his offer, this man is fucking gorgeous. And it's only one dance.' She thought as he waved his hand at the dance floor.

"Sure, why not." She tried to seem nonchalant about it, but inside her stomach was doing cartwheels.

Slowly getting up, she smoothed her dress down with her hands, and sauntered off to the dance floor, waiting for her dance partner to come and catch the bait.

>~<

Sage was mesmerized the sway of her hips when she walked onto the dance floor. The red, skin tight dress she was wearing did not help matters, . The feeling of his pants getting tighter was too hard to ignore, but he wanted to keep his cool.

He felt the woman slide her slender arms around his neck as the music started to play. It was a nice slow song that set the mood just right.

"Well I can feel someone is excited to see me."

"Oh yeah, someone is definitely excited to feel you. To feel your smooth light honey brown skin, that puffy red hair of yours, to kiss those kissable lips with such passion, and ravage you on nights til end my sweet. You are one fine specimen of a woman."

"And I can say the same for you. So, what are you anyways? I mean, I know that you are demon but I have trouble placing which one are you."

"Hahhaha you are a funny little vampire, aren't you? I did not know that demons have to be labeled with labels like humans and vampires do. Well to answer your question,Sweetness, I was born of a Samurai Demon Warrior, and Succubus."

"Ohhh that explains the extremely good looking looks. So this breathtakingly handsome form that I am looking at may not be your true form?"

"MMM, no this is actually my true form, along with my other form. And trust me you don't want to see that one unless you really want to piss me off."

"Ohh,someone has a temper, but I am not surprised since all demons I have encountered have terrible tempers."

"Not all demons have terrible tempers darling, maybe it's the ones that you have encountered. Are all vampires murderous fiends that only live to suck the last drop of blood from their victims and could not give two shits about them?"

"Okay, I get your point. And by the way I am not some murdering blood thirsty fiend. I don't kill my victims when I feed, and I always swipe their memory and make sure they get home safely."

"Wow an upstanding vampire citizen. How refreshing. So do you also do charity work, and blood drives?"

"Hmm, stop being funny, but yes I do dabble into the charity work from time to time."

"Are you serious? I was completely joking. So I got myself a winner here tonight."

"I would not say that too soon. You have not seen the other side of my drama filled life. And if you did, you wouldn't want to fool with me ever again."

"Why do you say that? You have a crazy ex after you? Are wanted by the law, for doing something unjustified?" he said with a smirk. But his smirk died down when he saw the look of dread and despair came across her face. He noticed that her whole demeanor changed at the mention of being wanted.

"You aren't, are you? You are in trouble."

He could tell the girl was getting more nervous and agitated by the minute. The scent of fear was radiating off her.

"Thank you for the dance, but I really have to go." But before she could even pull away to walk off Sage grabbed her wrist in a secure hold, and brought her body back to him.

"Let me in sweetheart,tell me what's wrong, no harm shall befall you." He set his sight deep within her eyes making is easy to hypnotize her, gaining more access into her brain. He added an extra smoothness to his voice to make her feel comfortable with telling him everything he needed to know. He put his hand around her waist to hold her tighter, when he felt that her knees were weak.

"Don't be afraid talk to me, tell what you are running from." Sage saw that the girl's eyes got hazed over, and began to widen. It was then he knew had her.

"Tell me what you are running from,honey. I will not pass judgment just let me know."

"Matthias' wife. Eva." He could not help the curses that slip from his mouth. Mathias and Eva a husband and wife couple, which ran half the fourth level of the afterworld. Everyone steered clear of them. They had no regard to humans, demons, or vampires. It was a known fact they would abduct humans, and other weak supernatural creatures, just for the mere satisfaction of torture on their part. They enjoyed that people were screaming in agonizing pain begging for their lives, as they stood above them with a smile on their face, knowing they have the upper hand.

So if this young girl, by vampire age she had not reached a hundred yet, would mean she was easy pickings for Matthias and Eva.

"Why is she looking to kill you, my dear?"

"She wants revenge, when I killed her husband Matthias. Please let me I....umm...honest to God I had no other choice. He was going to kill that little boy, like he did the others if I didn't." Tears now spilled from her widened dark brown eyes

"Shh....shh.. don't worry about a thing. I know exactly what you went through, and the others as well." Sage could feel the girl's pain and torment. He gently pressed her against him to calm her down after he invaded her.

The moment he was inside there was no going back. He was hooked.

>~<

"MMM owwww, my head." Sage's flashback ended when the girl stirred awake in the bed. Getting up from his sitting position he was by the girls' side helping her lean up.

Opening her eyes fully she took in the man before her, and everything that happened last night came back into her head.

"OHH god, what in the hell are you man?"

"Such a strange question for you to be asking after I saved your life from that horrid beast don't you think, little girl."

"Yeah I know, sorry. Thank you for saving my life last night. My mother told me never take that way home from work and I did it anyway, so if I got attacked and murdered I guess I would have deserved it. So thank you again sir. Oh man, last night did a real number on me I am drained."

"Yeah well you should be, I did that."

Her eyes widen with surprise, and fear crossed her features. "What?!"

"After that little incident last night, I needed to feed, actually I was on my way to find a more suitable meal until I heard you screaming for help."

"What!? There is no food joint in that area. The Burger King was like fifteen miles away from were where there, so you must have been really lost dude, but thank you so much for saving me that...that... that whatever the hell it was. What's your name by the way, so I can thank my knight in shining armour?"

"It's Sage. But within a few minutes it would not matter because you will not remember any this from this or what happen last night."

"Of course I will remember it. It's going to be pretty fucking hard to forget a night like that, with you flying out the sky coming to rescue me from some troll looking thing trying to attack me. The only thing I am trying to figure out, how the police will believe me when I tell them what happened to me last night."

Reaching out he let his fingers roam over her face very gently. He traced her lips down to her neck where he stopped to give it a little massage. She moaned at the smoothing sensation he was causing.

"Oh no sweetheart, you won't be going to any police to report anything. In fact the moment I call you a cab you will go straight home and forget about last night. In fact you were never there, what transpired last night was just an awful nightmare due to too much partying with friends and alcohol, got it?"

"Got it." She said hazily

"Good, now let's get you home safely." And with that his compulsion ended when the girl gingerly slummed back onto the bed how she was before.

>~<

"It's hard, everything is so fucking hard when you are trying to fight for everything that is ungodly and evil in this world. Seeing innocents die day in and day out because monsters that are roaming the world didn't think twice else about them, whether they are human or not."

"But I will not take this laying down because I shall always fight for what's right the world, for what's always should be innocent. These beasts that are holding me back shall not stand a chance to see me fall to their knees in mercy, that won't happen." With new found motivation Jackson willed himself from his unconscious state.

He would not idly set by while innocents met their untimely end, especially after he put on a show of heroism in front of his captain and fellow officers by running into a building like he was some kind of Captain America.

"How does it feel to meet your end hunter? Or better yet, how does it feel to know that you would die failing at playing hero in front of all these people, huh?" The beast said standing in front of him.

"I don't know, but has anyone ever told you, that your breath is terrible? I mean good God Almighty you can knock a gargoyle off their feet with that breath." Jackson heard a few giggles coming from some of the hostages. The look on the creature's face told him that he did not like that comment at all.

"Oww, fuck." Jackson shouted in pain as Jekyll's back hand came flying across his face. The pain was intense but he knew it would not last long.

"Watch your mouth hunter, before I put it to good use."

"You watch yours; you are showering me with acid spit. Can you please at least chew some got damn gum?"

"Do I need to crack his ribs to keep him quiet? For a pesky little human you sure do talk a lot for his own damn good."

"No you just hold him still. I would like to be the one to teach him some manners."

"Or better, yet how bout I teach you, ya fucking prick." A booming voice came out of nowhere.

"Nigel?!" it took no time for Jackson to recognize the voice that suddenly appeared.

"How the hell did this one get in?"

"It does not matter because you going to be dead before your head can hit the ground."

"Oh we shall see. Awwww." Jackson's heart went up into his chest as he saw the Jekyll charge at his commanding captain of The League. Nigel wore a cool, calm expression on his face the whole time. And at the moment he thought Nigel would be forever lost to the dead; with one motion of his right arm he took an dagger slid it quickly across Jekyll neck.

It's head came smoothly off dropping with a loud thud and roiling over to the wall. Blood spurted from its neck like a geyser. When his body slumped to the floor, that's when Nigel looked up at the monster that was holding Jackson.

"You can either let him go, or end up like your friend here, or I can just kill you anyways."

Jackson felt the tight grip around his waist loosen as the monster released him. The moment he was set free he took the opportunity to send his elbow shooting back into the monster's face. It doubled over in pain.

The moment he turned around he did not waste any time giving a good kick to the face. Sending him flying back on his ass. reaching into is ankle band he pulled out a dagger, trying to finish the job until Nigel stopped him.

"Wait don't kill him. We still have no answers as too why they did this. Leave that fucker alive for questioning. And you have to think about all these people."

"Are you serious? These fuckers just killed innocent people. They only deserved to be castrated. We should not leave this maggot to do the same thing he did tonight. Him and his buddies."

"I have already have care of his friends. They were easy, just like the leader here. But look on the brightside Jack, once we get done questioning him best believe the treatment he did upon these innocents will be nothing compared to what I will do to him."

He looked up at Nigel and saw that he had evil grin again, like whenever they would bring in crocks for questioning, especially the ones that deserved it.

"Now, get up take care of these hostages and get some rest when you go home, you look like shit."

Rolling his eyes and letting out a frustrated breath. "Fine, but don't go easy on this guy. Give him the whole ten yards." Jackson said turning to the hostages. One by one he easily erased their memories.

>~<

Eliza walked home in a daze. From reliving the tragic event of her parents, and grandmother, and ending in a conflicting situation with two men that she both cared about.

She stepped through threshold of her door and threw her keys on a nearby table, and slowly disrobed, shedding every piece of clothing she had on.

She sauntered her way into the kitchen opening up the fridge to retrieve a bag of O-Negative . Upon taking opening up the bag and taking a sip, her cell phone rang.

Without even thinking about it she answers her phone.

"Hello?"

"Eliza, darling how are you?" A chill went straight up her spine at the smooth enchanted voice that was her sire.

"Josephine, how are you, my mistress?"

"Just fine my dear. And I wish to say that I am sorry that the past still hurts, and I still it gets better over time."

"Thank you."

"But that's not the reason why I am calling. I am calling to remind of the Queen's annual ball Friday night and our meeting with the queen."

"Oh shit I forgot about that."

"What have I told you about cursing young lady."

"Sorry, my lady mistress. I have been too wrapped up these last few days that I have forgotten about the ball."

"It's quite alright dear, I understand, that this whole week might have been very trying on you, but my dear this ball is not to be missed, do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand I will be there. I just hope to find something to wear in time, and find a decent date."

"Hahahaha, oh ma'cher I am pretty positive that good looking man would not mind attending with you to the ball, maybe even an open minded hunter? Well anyways,sweet pea I have business to attend too. I will see you Friday night."

12