Dark Weres Ch. 01

Story Info
Alpha Alphonso summons his daughter.
6k words
4.49
35k
45

Part 1 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/14/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers

Hello everyone,

Welcome back to the world of Werewolves and Indians. This series, Dark Weres, introduces Betty's family from the south. This first chapter has no sex in it. This is not intended to be a raunchy sex tale, but a well told story. I certainly hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Andi for editing this chapter and supporting me as I wrote this story.

Pronunciations

Alphonso----Al—fon—so

Lavinia-----Lay—veen—nee—uh

Ryelle-----Rie—Elle

Jebutu-----Jeb---u---tu

Chapter 1

****

Alphonso Jackson, Alpha of the Dark Weres, sat in his spacious antebellum home as workmen worked repairing the aging structure. He tried not to interfere, trusting his betas to oversee the project. The truth was Alphonso did not trust white people. In his mind they were evil. For centuries, he and his family suffered at the hands of white men. His animosity against the other race was so ingrained that he forbade his pack members to date outside of the black race. It wasn't that he would not talk with them. He had to deal with them daily, but he was always suspicious. Only a select few of them were welcomed in his mind. They knew who they were.

His pack knew the rules. They were not so much enforced by him, but society deemed it so. Over fifty years ago, his own child rebelled against him and found her mate in a fair were. He forbade it and told her that if she chose the male, she was no longer his daughter.

Alphonso closed his eyes. He remembered his mate begging him to reconsider his stance, but he was Alpha and his word was law.

Abettia, his daughter, defied him and declared the male her mate. The male was brave as he stood with her. Alphonso offered a final ultimatum. He had to leave and if Abettia chose him then she could go too. The male took her and they left.

The day they left, Eva lost it. Alphonso ordered that she be placed in the watch room, a room where Weres that were seriously ill were placed for a few days. His pack gave him a wide berth. Because of that action, his wife went silent.

His sons looked at him with distrust and anger, and his pack feared him even more. Two decades past and she called. She had given birth to a male child. But the child was mixed, and he could not accept him. He denounced her and her offspring. More decades past, and eventually, he lost his precious Eva to insanity. She mourned her daughter. She tried to hide the hurt from him, but in the end. She chewed off her paw, reverted back into human form and wrote ABETTIA in her blood.

Alphonso walked outside. Over the centuries, this place had seen many things. Bodies beaten, men hanged, women and children brutalized, and many murdered, just because no one would ever be accountable. However, today the house showed no signs of its dark past. He modernized the mansion and added the necessities for existing today.

Several families lived on the land. As far as the humans were concerned, it was just family property acquired by former slaves and passed down through generations. Years ago, the historical society tried to get Alphonso to include his home on a tourism list. He refused. He did not want outsiders intruding on his privacy.

They were wolves, a special breed. Born solely from necessity and forced to be servants.

"Sir, Ryelle wishes to speak with you." His groomsman stated.

"Send him in." Alphonso ordered.

"Father, I am headed west to find Abettia today. I feel I must be honest, and tell you of my intentions." Ryelle explained.

Alphonso eyed his son. His son was an exact replica of him when the white man kidnapped him from his home over four centuries ago, tall, and dark, broad shouldered. His son had a strong back and was a hard worker. He was extremely prolific as well.

Several women within the pack seduced him and tried to say he fathered their offspring. Eva was livid, but they all were proven to be false when the real fathers stepped up. Unlike fair weres, dark were did not have to be mated to father young. They could produce offspring anytime they rutted.

The fact that Abettia was mated over ten years before giving birth was rare. It had to be a defect in the fair male's genealogy. This reason alone further convinced him that the dark wolves needed to remain pure. Unlike dark human males, dark wolves took care of their young. Everyone participated in rearing the children.

As alpha's son, Ryelle had his pick of bitches. Ryelle was smart. He was never with any females that went into estrus. He used protection and although a few females tried to say he fathered their children, when the doctors tested the blood, they were never his.

His son was not like him. He was careful. Even now, Alphonso had two more females that were due to give birth to his children and he felt shame. The girls were so young, and so trusting. After losing Eva, the only thing that concerned him was finding Abettia.

He realized that Ryelle was still speaking and began to listen. "Father, if I find her and she is happy and safe, I will leave her be." Ryelle exhaled. "I will tell her about mother and meet my nephew, but I won't force her to come back here. On the other hand, if she is not happy or being mistreated, I will bring both her and her son home."

Alphonso laughed, "He is an alpha. You can't force him to go anywhere." He eyed his son, "Besides, all I want you to do is give her the letter. When she reads it, she won't have a choice but to come home."

Ryelle stood, "Father, you forget that I am alpha too. If it is not in her best interest, I will leave her be." Then he walked out.

Alphonso felt so alone. "Thomas, go find Lavinia. I need company."

Thomas stood and went in search of the bitch. Lavinia was no girl scout; she wanted to be alpha bitch and it seemed that Alphonso was playing right into her hands. He prayed that Ryelle found Abettia and came home soon. Despite the fact that most wondered if he could lead, the few remaining pack members respected him and needed him.

Lavinia sauntered in. Alphonso watched her. She was beautiful and always available. Her creamy toffee colored skin was always smooth and unblemished. She knew she was stunning and used it to her advantage. Purring and crawling into his lap, she whispered, "Alphonso, where did Ryelle go? Is he searching for your bitch of a daughter, um I mean Abettia? You know we don't need her back. She betrayed us. She rutted with a fair were, mated with him. I thought you declared her no longer your daughter. I can give you daughters, beautiful ones that we can train to stay pure. Call Ryelle back; we don't need Abettia and her half-breed here tainting our bloodlines." Lavinia purred in Alphonso's ear.

"You can give more daughters, huh? According the healers, I have two children due to be born soon from two different females in a few months. Lavinia, don't read into this more than what is. My mate is gone. I will not claim another. And if I do decide to mate again, it won't be with you." He chuckled as he joined her in his bed.

Lavinia frowned. Did he really think she would take being less than Aloha Bitch. Well she'd show him. Soon they lay beside each other replete and sated. "Alphonso, look, you need to claim a new alpha bitch and we both know, I'm your favorite, so baby, let's do this." She purred rubbing her body against him. Alphonso climbed from is bed, leaving his guest alone and cold.

"I am going to patrol the area. Be gone when I get back." Alphonso responded and then he left.

Lavinia was furious. Does he really think I will take less than being Alpha Bitch. If not him, then I'll seduce Ryelle when he gets back. He is so weak, all I have to do is get pregnant, he'll mate with me immediately, especially if he thinks it's his.

*****

Meanwhile, Ryelle traveled to the small town out west. As he drove, he wondered about his sister, her life, her mate. He was curious at how things were where she lived. He knew father had spoken with Abettia but she had no idea that he was on his way.

He thought if his two brothers back home. Jebutu was so intense and determined to hold the family together, but his other brother was willing to drop everything and come with him. "Ryelle, I'm going with you." Damian stated.

"No, Damian. I ask that you stay here and help father. He is not..." Ryelle stopped.

"Is father ill?" Damian asked. He had heard rumors and now he feared they may be true.

Ryelle nodded. "Losing mother has affected him deeply. I need to get Abettia to come home."

Damian hugged him, deciding to make sure he checked in. "Be safe brother. Call me if you need me."

Weeks ago after talking with his sister, Ryelle wanted to learn about where she was. He contacted the local Baptist minister, Pastor Henry. After explaining who he was and why he needed to reach his sister, the pastor agreed to help. Pastor Henry seemed like a wise, nice man, and Ryelle was grateful.

Ryelle drove into the small town. They were having some sort of celebration. He parked, and within seconds he was surrounded by males. Then his nephew spoke. He knew if his nephew was here, Abettia was near. So he called his sister.

Betty answered immediately and rushed out. The males held back, as Betty reunited with her brother. The wolves and men relaxed and allowed Abettia to speak with him. Ryelle saw her mate and frowned. This man was not the man she left home with. Ryelle raised his eyebrow. Where was Carl?

"Logan, Marcus, everyone, this is my older brother, Ryelle Jackson." Abettia faced her son. "Ja'Mal, this is your uncle." Abettia explained.

"Ryelle, this is my family. My mate, Logan, my friend, Marcus, and my son, Ja'Mal." she introduced.

"Alpha, I mean no disrespect, but I must speak with my sister. It's urgent." Ryelle took a deep breath.

Everyone left them except Logan and Jamal. "Abettia, I know that father can be stubborn and was cruel when he sent you away. However, he is extremely ill. He regrets his actions and wants you to come home." Ryelle took a deep breath. He took out the letter he was taxed to deliver. "Father asked me to give you this. Please read it with an open mind." Betty hesitated but took the letter. Then she remembered he said mother died.

Betty waited. "What happened to mother?"

Ryelle blinked. His eyes watered as he remembered the death of his mother. No one really understood why his mother took her own life as she did. He really did not understand, but he knew that father did everything he could to protect her. He started to speak, but paused. Ryelle took a deep breath. Ja'Mal stood with his mother and waited then he saw pain in his uncle's eyes. He knew what it was like to be haunted by a memory.

"Look we need to get back. Ryelle you will stay at the den as the guest of my parents." Ja'Mal stated. Love is everything alright? Kerri sent.

It was then that Ryelle, noticed Marcus. He gasped. Father, I am with Abettia and her son. But I think I may have found another member of our family as well.

What? You are with your sister. Bring her back with you. Who else are you speaking of? Alphonso sent. He was alone contemplating and making decisions concerning the pack.

I have found Cecily's son. Ryelle sent, closing off communication.

"What?" Marcus demanded. "Why are you staring at me?"

Ryelle started to speak when he sent to Abettia Cecily. Betty gasped. She looked at Marcus again, and for a second he looked familiar. Could Ryelle be right? She was surprised that she never noticed the resemblance.

Brother, he is not. I can see how you might think he is, but he has always lived here. Betty told her brother.

Marcus knew the siblings were communicating. He gave Betty a pointed look before his alpha commanded that he go. Logan stayed with his mate. As the males dispersed, Pastor Henry approached the small group.

"Marcus, let's go back. We can talk with him later." Ja'Mal stated. He faced Ryelle once more. "This is a special time for this town. Please know you are welcomed. We can talk more when we go back to the den later."

Pastor Henry spoke, "Ryelle, welcome. We can use an extra set of hands. Would you mind helping set up?"

"Of course not, Abettia, Logan, Ja'Mal and Marcus, I wish you all no harm. I look forward to talking with you later." Ryelle reassured his relatives. He looked at Marcus and smiled. If his suspicion was right, Ja'Mal was not the only grandchild father would meet.

*****

Alpha Alphonso returned home. Eva was not there. He missed her, but as alpha he did not have the luxury of succumbing to his grief. His pack needed him to stay strong. He reflected on his past. His past was not pretty and shaped many of his beliefs.

Akeemo was a young lad racing across the plains of his African village. Many of the tribes were at war. For the tribes like his that did not fight, its members were often captured and forced into servitude. It was hard, but it was life.

One night as Akeemo slept, he heard the shouts of warriors. Father, grandfather and his brothers rushed from the hut. He was ordered to protect the women and the young. The fighting lasted for days and he never saw his male relatives again.

Members of the Objudo tribe captured them. The men were big and carried fire sticks. He feared the Objudo would enslave them, but he was wrong. Their fate was worse.

His tribesmen were lead to a beach where three huge vessels waited. They were tied together by thick metal ropes. Some fought, but the men killed them with the fire sticks. They were searched and the one that they did not want were killed on the spot. Akeemo witnessed the murder of his grandmother and sister, who was disabled. His mother begged for mercy only to be struck with an angry weapon. Akeemo began to struggle when a guard struck him with the butt of his weapon, knocking him down. As he lay on the ground, he saw his mother's life ended on a bloodied beach.

Akeemo know his life had ended. He would never see home again. He was too stunned, to hurt to fight any more. The tribe that captured them was long gone. His tribe was gone, and the members of his tribe were now at the mercy of the pale men from the water. The men forced them into the bottom of the huge vessels and stacked them inside. They tied them so that they could not move. Then the water splashed. The vessel moved. Akeemo closed his eyes and prayed for death. Death never came. Alphonso would never forget. He was barely a man. He was still a boy really, but he would never forget.

"Alpha Alphonso, Ryelle is on the phone." His servant Thomas announced.

"Hello, Son. You found your sister?" Alphonso inquired. His heart pounded. He was wrong years ago, and he regretted his decree. He knew Eva did not agree, but he never thought she'd leave him. The one wish she had was that Abettia would come home. If he did nothing else as alpha, he had to right this wrong.

"Father, her mate Carl was killed. She found a new pack, and a new mate. He is also a fair Were." Ryelle explained. His father did not believe in race mixing. He never trusted white men. He barely survived slavery and saw the evil perpetrated on his kind by those men. He started his pack, welcoming any were that had melanin to come, but deep down, he never wanted to let a white man in.

Alphonso gasped. Abettia found a second mate, and he too was a fair were. He thought of Eva and knew she would welcome this new were into the family gladly.

Alphonso hated remembering, but lately that's all he seemed to be doing.

His first daughter years ago, was attacked by the overseer, and he beat the man. Because of his actions, the master ordered that he be beaten. His back felt the burn of the whip. The next day, master made him watch white man after white man brutalize his oldest daughter. Soon, he stopped caring. They were not his children, but the masters.

Year after year Alphonso watched as his daughters suffered the fate of all slave women; he watched as his sons were annihilated, and as a father he failed them.

Years passed, and he suffered at the whip. His back was scarred, bruised, and bones healed wrong from being broken.

One day as he worked in the fields, he heard a girl scream. He knew the sounds; he'd heard them often from his bed at night as the men violated the dark women. This girl, she was innocent, and deep down he knew this was wrong. Unable to watch more, Alphonso knocked master off the girl and he was subdued. He screamed at her to run.

No longer fearing death, he fought man. He wanted to end this man. Unfortunately, the fates were unkind. Others interfered, and once again he was beaten. He was too valuable to kill. So master decided to sell him. Chained once more and bruised, the master would take a fraction of his worth just to be rid of him. A strange man, one that rarely came to the auction block, came and offered to buy him. He was the only one the man bought.

The man took him into the woods where he lived and had locked in a room by himself. Each day, he was brought a platter of food. At first he refused, but then he ate. One day the man that bought him entered the room. He eyed him warily.

The man spoke, "I am Jackson Bartrend, and you are at my home. You are not a slave here. I don't believe in it. The thing is, I could not let them continue treating you that way. I have watched you for the last few years. Every since, you stopped them from harming a young girl a few years ago, I have watched you. She was a squaw, a runaway. She was enslaved, like you. The men grabbed her and even though it was risky, you knocked the man out and she escaped. I had my men make sure he never knew you struck him. I don't like this place, but I am only one man. I decided today was enough. I can't free everyone, but I will free those that I can." .

Alphonso spoke, "So you will give me papers that say I am free?" he asked.

Bartrend sighed, "I have papers, yes. But if I give them to you and let you leave, they will enslave you again. I ask that you reside here. Find your ma... um your wife and have a family here. At no time will anyone mistreat you. All I ask is that you help protect our people."

Bartrend called for two males. They came in with fresh clothes for Alphonso. Bartrend asked, "What is your real name? I know it is not Alphonso. Alphonso is the name they gave you." Alphonso did not answer. This man seemed sincere, but he was one of them. He claimed he was a free man, and he would see.

The men escorted him to a secluded pond where he bathe and put on fresh clothes. These men were different. They returned to the houses and the owner, his new master placed him in a room in his home.

Alphonso slept fitfully. He did not trust this new master. He planned to run. He thought of his children. There were so many and he could not help them, but he refused to father another child into slavery. Alphonso watched his new master. He healed and the women tended him. One day, the master called him. He was in his office with most of the males.

"Alphonso, we must tell you something. We are not what we appear to be." Alpha Bartrend explained.

"I am a shapeshifter. I am part wolf. Everyone here is part wolf." He explained. Alphonso believed him. He had seen the wolf men. Many times, they would be hidden in the woods and then changed. In his tribe at home, his father the chief taught that all creatures were sacred and that some humans carried the spirit of an animal within.

Alphonso waited. Bartrend grew anxious, as the big black man watched him. He knew Alphonso did not trust them, and he understood, but they needed Alphonso to become one of them. Bartrend and his pack needed a strong bloodline. One night as he prayed for strength, Luna revealed Alphonso to him. He needed to make this man a member of his pack, if they were to survive.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers
12