Day of Reckoning 1st BCT

Story Info
Mercenary Battalion Combat Team in action.
2k words
4.49
9.4k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers

By 0330 hours the Rim-Cats are prepared to commence their operation, the three Battalion Combat Teams prepared themselves for their task while the Templac Combat Battalion slipped out of the port's gate led by Major Rolando Katapatan known throughout the regiment as Marangal the "Rightous One".

Jeez Colonel, if you're going to have fun all night while the rest of us do the work for you let us know in advance.

He just finished the thought when a command tank joined his side by side.

"Do you think I'll let you boys go out there without me?"

The sound of my voice gave a an eerie silent for a few moments. It is not a secret that the men knew I am screwing a girl who worked in the Ministry of Defense, rumor has it that she was a compensation from the client for the Rim-Cat's own services besides the pay.

"For a moment there Colonel, we thought you will and frankly that is unusual of you," answered my executive officer of the Templar Combat Battalion, "How is she like?"

I smiled a bit recalling my wonderful time with Sara, though the question is a joke since both officers and enlisted men in the regiment are close to one another, such sly comments are both an entertainment and a slight distraction from the seriousness of the task ahead.

"A gentleman does not discuss such things." I coyly replied.

A burst of laughter followed.

"She gave you a renewed life didn't she Colonel?" playfully remarked Major Abner Espinosa.

"I need all the life I can before this contract is over Hazier," I answered.

"Anyways gentlemen let us focus on the task," Major Arthurius Buwan interrupted, "By the way my guns and missiles are in position to support everyone in this operation."

"Caliber, just make sure none of us gets hit by your shells or warhead," said Major Kai Espiritu in his command Puma CFV of the Second BCT.

"Knowing Arthurius, he will be reading his porn magazine while raining he rain down the bad guys with his arty's," Major Kalandro Digma added.

"Ghost and Kalagiman," The artillery commander called the earned names of his coleagues, "shut up!"

Another set of laughter followed as I shook my head at the comments.

"Alright enough, it's time to get back in business," I told the men.

"Colonel, the UAV drones are in the air sir," reported Major Kenshiro Dima'uga.

"Good, make sure we have an updated info on any enemy concentration and movement Ken."

"You got it Colonel," the Headquarters Battalion Commander replied.

The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Drones is used by the regiment for both intelligence purposes and to provide close air support for the troops on the ground. They are cheaper than manned aircraft and thus easily replaced and can be controlled from the headquarters eliminating the need to train or hire a pilot avoiding the risk of that pilot being shot down by the enemy. In part it is a convenient way to purchase a compact air support and in it able the regiment to give any client nation a fairly low reasonable price for the service that the Rim-Cats provide.

Fifteen minutes passed and the three Battalion Combat Teams departed and sped off into the night soon I know that blood will be shed, our enemy might not realize this and even if they do I pray that they surrender instead of facing the wrath of the hunters that has been released in the night.

First Battalion Combat Team, 1st BCT Major Kalandro "Kalagiman" Digma Commanding

17 Leopard 2A6EX MBT, 22 Puma CFV, 36 Boxer APC, 8 Fennek armed with 50 caliber machine gun and 40 mm automatic grenade launcher, and 4 Fennek carrying 80 mm mortars roamed the night spearheading the forward thrust to the north. From the northern border comes the mujahadeen troops that trickles into the Ar'raq causing chaos, mayhem, and suffering for the new democratic government of the country. Major Kalandro Digma knows that the people paying him are the people of that same government, an experimental government for democracy and freedom that rises out of the shadows of tyranny and oppression, the battalion that he commands are a tool, a tool to defend that experiment, to defend and give it time to bear fruit. His mind races as his tank rolled onto the desert sands, soon he will face the so called Holy Warriors who have been sent to destroy the government of Ar'raq.

"Major, we are now crossing the Coalition controlled zone, from here on we're on our own sir," informed Kalandro's driver.

"Keep your eyes open and be alert we are now in enemy territory," Kalagiman reminded his men.

As Kalagiman's command tank passed by the first village outside of the Coalition controlled area, his instincts came alive. Soon red blips appeared in the screen visor of his helmet that is connected to both his optical enhancement and his surrounding area allowing him or any of the Rim-Cat's to be aware of threats from their environment.

"We got contact at one o'clock," shouted one of the Puma CFV commanders over the comm.

The Puma CFV acted as the screening and reconnaissance force of the whole regiment, each battalion is accompanied by twenty-two of such vehicles. Armed with 30 mm cannon and a pair of machine guns, it is a fast, mobile, and deadly armored vehicle to tangle with. Immediately the Puma's turret turned towards the threat and fired a burst of the 30 mm cannon, the crew waited as cheered as they were rewarded with an explosion of an enemy BDM-3 armored vehicle.

"We got it."

Major Kalandro Digma twisted the joystick to the right, his tank's turret turned as another threat loomed in his sights. An enemy BMP-3 roared towards his position, but before the rebel's vehicle could fire, the Rim-Cat's 1st Battalion Commander's thumb pressed the button firing the Leopard's 120 mm cannon. A split second passed as the round found its mark consuming the BMP-3 in a massive fireball.

"BCT One to H.Q, BTC One to H.Q enemy found is in engagement."

"Copy that BCT One," replied the regiment's communication specialist.

The screen came alive with many more red blips, slowly the enemy showed themselves and decided to give the Rim-Cat's their welcoming party in their territory. Insurgents on foot positioned themselves determined to defeat the infidels who dared take money to raise their arms against their crusade.

"Time to earn our money men," shouted the Major Kalagiman, "You know the drill."

Mortar bombs started to rain upon the insurgent's position as the machine gun and grenade launcher armed Fenneks rolled to their vicinity raining down both 50 caliber rounds and 40 mm grenade rounds against them. Soon the Boxer APC joined the fray spitting off fire from their main weaponry, 40 mm grenades and 50 caliber rounds tore through the insurgent's bodies. Some of them were flung into the air along with body parts of once were whole men, others were riddled where they lay in wait. From the rear of the Boxer APC exited the infantry troops of the Rim-Cats.

"Infantry, to the left flank, the others to the right flank," Kalandro shouted his orders to the infantry commander.

At the same moment the rain of fire came down to the enemy as 155 mm shells detonated on the ground followed by missile warheads from two MARS Medium Range Artillery Rocket Systems. Twenty miles away are six PzH 2000 155 mm self-propelled howitzers and the two MARS assigned to support the First Battalion Combat Team. The hail of death rained upon the insurgents as they cling dearly to the ground. While the enemy was in shock, Major Kalandro Digma and his infantry troops approached from the flanks.

"Boxer APC units support the infantry while the CFV's and the tanks take care of the armored vehicles." Kalagiman informed his men.

The two MARS missile launcher systems kept up their barrage of deadly missiles in support of the infantry while the six PzH 2000 self-propelled howitzers fired their ECM chaff rounds in support of the tanks and the Puma CFV's. UAV drones from above identified 36 PT-91 main battle tanks, 72 BMP-3 CFV's, and 72 BDM-3 along the area. The chaff rounds detonated and allowed Kalandro's tanks and Pumas to gain the initiative.

"All tanks and CFVs, attack!"

Kalagiman guided his tank's turret to the first PT-91 in his sight, locking on the target he depressed the thumb button firing the Leopard 2A6EX main 120 mm cannon. Due to the ECM chaffs fired by the artillery support, the enemy tank couldn't react in time and the tank's 120 mm round found its mark. He quickly scanned for another target and sets his eyes on another tank, depressing the thumb button once again, the main cannon of the Leopard 2 A6EX main battle tank roared to life. A fraction of a second later the second PT-91 exploded while on the move, the tank's fire and forget ammunition made such kills possible. A BDM-3 attempted to fire their anti-tank missile, the Leopard 2A6EX's warning system sounded, immediately counter-measure chaff was launched and the driver quickly evaded to the left. The enemy's missile detonated harmlessly away from Kalandro's command tank.

"You're dead now," he said in a harsh tone.

Kalagiman set his sight to the BDM-3 CFV that was responsible for that shot, locking on to his target. He fired the 120 mm cannon and waited for the explosion he knows that will come, surely enough he wasn't disappointed. The enemy CVF detonated as parts of the once proud combat vehicle were thrown up in the air, a ball of flame engulfs the BDM-3. From his view screen of the helmet's visor he could see the projectile rounds the tanks and Puma CFVs fired under his command at their foe. Their aim is true as the first rounds hit their mark, a few of the tanks and Puma CFVs fired twice at the same target. Many of the red blips that signifies the location of the enemy vehicles started to disappear from the screen, outside the command tank, explosions and ball of flames lights up the battlefield as PT-91 main battle tanks, BDM-3 CFVs, and BMP CVFs along with the BTR-80s exploded as the Rim-Cat's armored units decimated them with precision fire. The insurgents were shocked at the efficiency and abilities of the Rim-Cats, soon panic have struck and many tried to flee and live another day.

"Let them go for now," said Kalandro as he stopped his men from chasing after the fleeing armored vehicles of the insurgents, "Come around and let's finish off the enemy foot soldiers."

The seventeen Leopard 2A6EX Main Battle Tanks and the twenty-two Puma Cavalry Fighting Vehicles turned around a hundred and eighty degrees, the armored vehicles roared off towards where the infantry is busy fighting against the insurgency's infantry forces. Within their firing range, the armored vehicles added their firepower against the remaining insurgents. Soon hands was raised as the enemy started to surrender rather than face total annihilation.

"BCT ONE to H.Q."

"This is H.Q."

"Northern area insurgents have been encountered and defeated," reported Major Kalandro Digma.

"Well done Kalagiman," replied H.Q.

"Routing enemy prisoners and sending them over to the Coalition Forces for interrogation.

"Copy that BCT ONE."

Kalandro opens the commander's hatch above him, poked his head out of the man hole size opening of the command tank's turret, and enjoyed the desert air. As he gaze to the east he could see the sun gently rising from the dunes of the desert. He knew that the day of reckoning for the enemy has come, the Rim-Cat battalion commander wondered how his other coleagues has faired on their very first combat assignment in country.

"Major, the prisoners are secured and transported sir," reported one of his Task Force Commander.

A Task Force is the smallest mix unit within the regiment and is commanded by a captain, each batallion is composed of four Task Force.

"Good work captain," Kalagiman praised the officer for the job well done despite of the fatigue, "Alright, forward towards the Kashnahar Mountains."

The First Battalion Combat Team of the Rim-Cat Regiment surges forward as the sun steadily rises up from the east.

TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers