Dead Horizon Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now taking a quick look around, the painful groans of more of the infected began to echo off the trees, both Blake and Kaleb could see that there were roughly a dozen already beginning to emerge from the dense treeline. Not taking any chances, or worrying about what may have been on Brandon's person, the two of them were quickly running through the thin line of trees back toward the property.

"What was that?" Celeste, who along with Stacie and Elizabeth, had come running when they had heard the shot and was now asking as soon as both Blake and Kaleb emerged from the tree line.

"We need to get everyone inside, now." Kaleb said, not slowing his pace as he ran up the small hill, heading back to the houses and toward his Explorer.

"It's worse then we had thought. The infected are beginning to travel." Blake was soon saying, finishing off what Kaleb had not told them, as he began following Kaleb's path back toward the houses.

Soon they were all making their way up the hill and just in time, as a small collective few began trying to wander onto the property, only to get tripped by the small ravine and after falling nearly face-first against the opposite bank, began to slowly try and pull themselves back to their feet. Stacie; Celeste and Elizabeth were quickly heading back toward the backyard, getting both Tara and Lisa's attention. Getting through the swing gate Stacie, being the last one to pass through, was locking the deadlock and helping get Zane and Cole into the house.

12
  • COMMENTS
4 Comments
KChaosKChaosalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Sorry for the confusion

I would like to apologize for the chapter title. I all honesty all I had started was the first four chapters. I didn't honestly think I was going to get the sort of rating or reader base that I have gotten so far. I am humble and would like to thank everyone for the support they have shown. I will try to tie up the loose ends in chapter 6, but please bare with me as everything from this point on is first-draft.

Thanks again to everyone who has commented and left suggestions so far, I hope I can continue to keep your interest as I have found myself enjoying writing for all of you.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continueralmost 8 years ago
Why did the officer wander off?

So a police officer with training, decided to walk out of the house, along the field, over a fence, down a small ravine and a good distance into the treeline... to get eaten?

Can't exactly say I understand why.

JC

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
secrets revealed?

All that was revealed was that there may be secrets.

Was the intent to tease the readers and then not deliver?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Basically here's my thoughts. You said Secrets Revealed is the title of this chapter. But there were no such secrets revealed. If you were going to make it to where secrets were to have been revealed you needed to make the chapter longer.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Century Traveler A solitary traveler in life discovers the family he needs.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Just a Little Magic Ch. 01 Birthday Presents.in Mind Control
Succubus Awakens Coming of age succubus story!in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Carson Evolved Ch. 01 She wasn't cheating on him. Things were so much stranger.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Beast Goblins kidnap a princess, no good deed goes unpunished.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories