Deafening Silence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vandemonium1
Vandemonium1
3,113 Followers

I'd interviewed enough people by now to suspect that the local police might be a little less than zealous protecting Dave's interests. So I rang a contact in the state police and within three hours, two flying squad members turned up. The flying squad are a group of police that move from town to town. Accepting that the local force can sometimes go a little 'native', the flying squad come into a town, blitz the local bad drivers for a few days, then move on. I stayed long enough to see the children giving their statements all over again, then took Sarah and Mike to see their dad. That's when I got my only words ever from him. I took them home and bowed out.

Unbeknownst to me at the time, Ann fled to Donny's house. She was greeted at the door by his wife. Donny thinking quickly, explained to his wife that Ann was an employee of his with an abusive husband. The generous woman offered her house as a refuge for the night.

Ann was too distraught to go to work the next day but Donny did, leaving the women alone. Just after lunchtime, Donny's wife, Pamela, was in the kitchen, but ran into the lounge when she heard a scream and a crash. Ann was lying on the floor in a dead faint. Looking around to see what may have caused it, Pam eventually looked out the window. There was a man, whose face was almost entirely swathed in bandages, standing outside their fence, staring at the house. Pam waited for Ann to start coming round, then asked what was happening. Through Ann's incoherent mumbling, Pam caught the word, 'husband'. She called the police to remove the abusive man, then called Donny. Donny got there first and strode into the house, ignoring Dave, to start damage control.

The police arrived and recognised Dave. One came to the door and asked Pam if Ann was there. Pam innocently said yes. To her bemusement, Ann was arrested. To avoid answering difficult questions from his wife, Donny left to organise a lawyer for Ann. He had to keep a lid on this whole mess. He went back home very soon afterwards, when Pam rang to say the creepy man was still staring at their house. On the way home, he hatched a plan. One that involved waiting for darkness. He kept Pam entertained all afternoon.

I was at the police station, after learning of the morning's drama over the police radio, trying to get details of what Ann would be charged with. They weren't very talkative. I then spent a couple of hours trying to locate Dave, with no luck there either. Finally, I went back to the motel and started to type up the story, while eavesdropping on the police radio channel.

That's how I located Dave. Just after dark, Donny must have rung the police to move Dave on. I heard them being dispatched to Donny's residence. I jumped in my car and got there just as the police were watching Dave get in his car and drive off. This guy seemed to attract trouble, so I decided to follow him. I was within sight of his house when he pulled into his driveway and painfully climbed out. I saw two shadows detach themselves from trees and close in behind him. One raised an arm and hit Dave on the back of the head with something. I didn't wait any longer but gunned the engine and bathed the scene with my headlights. I snapped a couple of photos with my ever present camera. Two large men ran off up the street, leaving a motionless Dave behind. I called the ambulance and police again and waited for poor old Dave to be carted off to the hospital for the fourth time in two weeks.

I suspected that Dave wouldn't be able to survive many more episodes like this. What I'd witnessed wasn't the prelude to a beating, but something much more serious. I gave a statement to the flying squad police and handed over my photographs. Dave spent another night in hospital while being checked out for yet another concussion.

I was in court the next day when the judge arraigned Ann for assault, occasioning grievous bodily harm. The police let it be known that attempted murder might be added later. Donny posted her bail, gave her a wad of cash and took her to their motel unit. He suggested she threw her phone away, as there was a fair chance that was how Dave was tracking her. He also requested, that apart from at work, she stay the hell away from him. With an out of town reporter sniffing around, well, he just didn't need the bad publicity.

Ann was shocked. Donny was all she had left from her old life and the cause of it all going to shit. She asked how he could treat her so badly if he loved her. Donny couldn't help the look of contempt that suffused his face. In that instant, Ann realised that far from loving her, she'd just been a bit of fun for him on the side. A bit of fun that was now a big liability. To confirm this, Donny told her rather coldly what her life would be like if she tried to make waves for him. Then, he left. He had an urgent job to do. His hired hands weren't answering their phones. Ann stewed on the train wreck that her life had become and the fact she'd lost absolutely everything. She didn't even have a medicine cabinet full of pills or a bath to slit her wrists in.

She was cheered up, somewhat, two days later when Donny was arrested. My photographs of the night of Dave's final assault, led to his thugs being apprehended very quickly. To save their own asses, they rolled over on Donny immediately. Now his power and influence worked against him and he was denied bail. When my article was published in the weekly magazine that weekend, his wife left him quicker than a rat on the Titanic.

The dealership survived however and Ann continued her lonely existence until her trial. She brokered an uneasy deal with her mother to get her stuff from her old house but never saw Dave or her children again. Ann was honest when the police, tipped off by my article, questioned her about Dave's first two beatings, thinking they had nothing to do with her. That led to her being charged with two counts of failure to report a crime and as an accessory to assault. Dave was granted interim custody of their three children and was torn about pressing charges on Ann's direct assault of him. His mind was finally made up by child services. One particularly militant local officer, took Ann's side and started proceedings to get custody granted to her. This was despite the wishes of all three of the children. Dave, realising that himself having custody was in the best interests of the kids, went ahead and pressed, on the grounds of maximising the chances of the correct result being forthcoming.

When the child support worker persisted, Dave took to sitting outside her house, staring at it. Although the police moved him on, it had the desired result. Soon, neighbours reported loud arguments coming from the house. Her husband was heard to scream, "Let me get this straight. The bitch ambushes the guy, screws around on him, sits back and does nothing when he's put in hospital twice, then tries to kill him in front of the kids AND you still take her side?" An hour after this exchange, the government worker was seen lugging suitcases to her car. The case was dropped.

Ann still hadn't worked up the courage to end it all when the circuit court came to town. With the evidence so overwhelming, all four parties pled guilty. Frank and Rick got three years, Ann got four and Donny eight. No one was there to see Ann taken from the dock down the special stairs to the holding cells. It wasn't until this point that the full reality hit her. She wrote a long letter to her children, apologising for what she'd done to their family. She wrote another to Dave. It contained no apologies, things were way too bad for that, but did beg him to look after the children.

Dave became somewhat of a local celebrity and had no shortage of attention from the local available ladies. He even went out on dates when family business allowed or when Sarah and Mike gave him no choice. When one particular lady caught his eye, Sarah and Mike confronted her alone one night and gave her a thorough grilling, at the end of which they pronounced her worthy of continuing to see their courageous Daddy. Things are still going well with her and Sarah is thinking of dropping hints to Dave about proposing.

Epilogue.

Ann screamed into her pillow. This time, the scream was very genuine. Her mind was desperately trying to blot out the horrible reality of her situation. A little hard to do when she was on her knees, with her backside pointing upwards. She gasped, as once again the 10-inch cock of the person behind her plunged into her ass to the hilt. To distract herself, she focussed on every sense but feeling. First came the smells around her. Disinfectant, the margarine her partner was using as lube and yes, shit. She gave up at taste. She knew from experience that it would be morning before the taste left her mouth. Ann continued to sob until, with relief, she heard the unmistakable sounds of the person behind her reaching climax. Thank fuck for that. Relief from the indignity and the pain was minutes away.

Her bed partner tensed and shuddered in muted ecstasy, before finally collapsing sideways off Ann; who used the opportunity to roll out of that degrading position The cock remained hard and buried in Ann's back passage. A strong set of arms enveloped her from behind and roughly groped her breasts. It was unwelcome, unerotic, and unfortunately, unavoidable. Gradually, Ann felt the groping cease, followed by the soft snoring behind her begin. Gently, she eased herself forwards. She knew from experience that she had to time the withdrawal just right. She had to relax her anal sphincter to remove the cock, but as soon as the head left her, clench quickly or suffer an undignified accident that she wouldn't be free of until the morning. The morning. Yes, that was her dream. That reporter was visiting in the morning. He'd promised to speak to the powers that be to pass on one simple request from Ann. Get me a single cell, please.

Ann inched away from the hard plastic phallus. It was half way out when life returned to the arms encircling her and she again felt the big heavy breasts pushing into her back. Ann resumed sobbing.

As for Donny. What can I say. He was in a four person cell and was quickly learning that being a small town bully didn't amount to much in the state prison. He was also starting to feel like an unsuccessful heavyweight boxing contender. He was certainly being badly battered about the ring.

The End

So how did I go? Did I develop Dave's character enough? No, I didn't develop him at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care about the circumstances of how couples meet and marry. It doesn't matter if they are fat, thin, short, tall, white, black or purple with green spots. There are standards of decency and behaviour that should not be breached.

Now lighten up.

Two friends are fishing near a bridge. Suddenly a hearse and two funeral cars go over the bridge. One of the men stands up, takes off his cap and bows his head. When the cars have gone, he puts his cap back on, sits back down and carries on fishing. His mate turns to him and says," Dave, that's one of the nicest, most respectful things I've ever seen." Dave replies," Well we were married for nearly 20 years."

Vandemonium1
Vandemonium1
3,113 Followers