Dear Isaac

Story Info
A lonely traveler reminisces on love lost.
580 words
4.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Isaac,

I'm writing once again from the airport in Budapest; my plane leaves in an hour and I won't be back home for another seventeen. I don't know why I write these letters to you, knowing you will never see them because I will never send them. I guess I can't muster the strength to hear your ultimatum again, despite the fact that it is given with less passion each and every time you offer it. It seems you realized some time ago that your efforts were a waste of our time.

Still, while I am wherever I am doing whatever it is I'm doing, I think of you and wish you were with me. Yesterday, it was Fisherman's Bastion. I met a lovely couple from Manchester—Penny and Jonathan—who said they were on their honeymoon. I let them drone on about their peachy fucking relationship while I sat in disgust and hatred at their blissful happiness. How I wanted to be Penny and Jonathan. Except I didn't.

You did.

I nevertheless miss your company and the little quirks that made you Isaac: how you would always overpack for any occasion, the way you'd bite at the dry skin on your index finger while you were driving without even noticing you were doing it, how you'd season the shit out of every meal. It's those idiosyncrasies—the ones that got under my skin for some stupid reason—that I yearn for most.

I ache for your touch most of all. Your broad, towering figure always made me feel safe and warm. More importantly, it made me feel complete. Those calloused hands were twice the size of mine, but I didn't mind. Despite the obvious height difference and my lithe frame, we fit together like two frayed pieces of an old puzzle. We were perfect for one another, but not really.

I get terribly lonely at night. I'll meet men, and the occasional woman, during my travels, and that's fine. Still, the warmth and meaning isn't there. The desire to linger and be isn't there. The comfort and familiarity isn't there. You aren't there. I miss your big hands around my throat or cupping my small breasts as you fuck me into the mattress—the same hands used to caress and stroke me lovingly afterward. I can't help but remember how many times I had to assure you it was okay to be rough, as you were so scared of hurting me.

And although you did hurt me, it was never physical and it was never your fault. We both seemed to want the same things, but at very different times in our lives. Damn it, why did you have to decide that you didn't want to wait for me any longer? Perhaps I'm just angry because I know I can't blame you and wish I could. You always did do whatever it was you set your mind to, even if that was starting a family. Serves me right, I guess, for dating a man in his early thirties. But I'm too young to be tied down just yet. I'm just not ready.

I know you understand, and I know you're missing me too, Isaac. I wish I didn't love not being home so much. I wish Georgia was big enough for someone of my ambition—that it satisfied my craving for travel and adventure. Come to think of it, I wish you did too.

I wish you did too.

Forever and for always,

Jocelyn

Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Another Collection of Notes A somewhat romantic collection of notes.in Romance
Confession Through Wishful Thinking His love letter to her gets carried away. Old school sexting.in Erotic Couplings
Megan's Story: The Healing Wife in pain needs healing only husband can provide.in Romance
An English House Party Ch. 01 The Marquess issues an invitaton.in Romance
Perfect Day A letter from a wife reminiscing about past perfect days.in Letters & Transcripts
More Stories