Deconstructing the Nerd Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, what's first?" Cassie asked. With an open laptop in front of them, Reema smiled for the first time. Netflix played on the TV as the two friends sat beside each other, Reema encased in wool, gossiping about the Real Housewives.

"This is so mind numbing," Reema laughingly acknowledged.

"Yeah, but isn't Relaxation Day great?!" Cassie popped a Cheeto into her mouth. A short time later there was a knock at the door. Reema didn't know they were expecting any visitors. "I'll get it."

Reema looked to see Cassie open the door for a random guy. Exchanging very few words, she took the bag he was holding and then he left. Reema asked what was going on, although she could already smell the aroma of savory snack food and grease.

"That waaas...lunch!" Cassie announced, removing two vitamin waters and two cartons of poutine from the bag. Reema paused to think, watching Cassie sample the gravy-soaked chips. An unknown guy had just showed up and delivered them food. That was... somehow impressive. Reema couldn't resist digging into the fries as they continued to gab.

If 'Relaxation Day' meant wearing pyjamas, listening to funny stories about other people in the dorm, watching stupid reality shows, and eating French fries soaked in gravy and cheese curds... maybe things weren't so bad after all. Reema's headache gradually dissipated. It helped when she didn't consciously think about it.

Realizing that her iPhone was still in her bedroom, Reema got up and searched for it, definitely feeling steadier on her feet. "I've probably got a couple of messages from Miguel," she said, returning to the couch. She entered her voicemail code and lifted the phone to her ear.

Before she heard anything, Cassie clutched her forearm, forcing her to lower it. Reema looked at her quizzically. "What?"

"Just - not now, you know?" Cassie simply requested. It wasn't forceful, but was also the most serious Reema had seen Cassie be in their short friendship. Come to think of it, the only time Cassie spoke in a serious tone seemed to come when she was advising Reema about speaking to her boyfriend.

Reema deferentially returned the phone to the table. "Okay."

Cassie nodded. She told Reema that she could talk to him again in a little while, when things were less hangover-y. "Trust me, guys get really weird about their girlfriends going to bars and social places like that without them. Believe me, I would know," she finished with a laugh.

Reema wasn't entirely sure she believed that, but it did sound reasonable, especially if Cassie had learned it from personal experience.

"Plus, who wants their guy worrying about them every time they go out? That's no fun!"

Actually, that didn't sound fun, Reema thought to herself. She chewed on a French fry with long string of cheese attached to it, savouring the salty treat as Cassie began another funny story.