Deidre's Faerie Tale Ch. 11

Story Info
The decision and their future.
5.4k words
4.7
13.4k
21

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/05/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers

Three days later, I was frustrated beyond belief. What little sleep I got was restless. I picked at my meals. I could hardly stand the sight of Tolem, and he was always there! We spoke few words to each other and when we did, our tone was terse.

Prince Irial had picked up on the tension, and the fact that I was less than willing to be wooed by him and left the day after the state dinner.

"Good riddance," I growled when Trilla informed me that he and his entourage had taken off after breakfast without so much as a "by your leave."

Trilla stared at me a moment, gave a sharp nod and went back to her office.

Something told me Trilla was out of sorts, but I couldn't bring myself to ask her about her issues since I had issues of my own.

I woke up on day four and began crying as soon as my eyes opened. Tolem must have been in my sitting room because he was on the bed beside me as my first sob escaped.

Gathering me into his arms, he whispered against my hair as I sobbed on his shoulder.

"I don't think I can handle it," I muttered. "You are doing a wonderful job as queen," he assured me.

I shook my head. "No, I can't handle you leaving."

"I'm not leaving."

I pulled out of his grip so I could meet his blue eyes. "You will."

He swallowed.

"If the decision is against us getting married, you're going to leave."

"I would have to leave," he finally admitted. My tears flowed harder.

"I love you," he whispered, pulling me tighter against him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and sniffled. "I love you too."

"If I leave, you will go on. You will find another, worthy of you, and you will love him."

I shook my head again. "I wouldn't...I couldn't...my family history proves that we're all too stubborn to accept second best."

Tolem chuckled and kissed my temple. "You certainly are stubborn."

"Shut up," I growled.

"Would you like to get dressed and make an appearance at breakfast?" His large hand smoothed my bed head.

I swatted his hand. "No."

"Breakfast in bed, then?"

"No," I groaned. "I have to go downstairs...I don't want Ella to know what's going on."

Tolem opened his mouth, but I put my hand over it. "I know she's intuitive and she's picked up on my stress levels and the tension, but I will continue to pretend that I'm not about to go stir crazy, so she won't be under any undo stress."

He nodded. "I'll wait for you to dress."

Breakfast was Irish oatmeal baked with blueberries and apples. It was delicious, as usual. I tried to keep up with polite conversation, but I was obviously distracted.

Lady Ilyn had to call my name to get my attention twice.

Just as Miri took away my bowl, Trilla hurried into the dining room. The look on her face was so serious I immediately shot to my feet. My dining chair teetered behind me, but didn't fall. I wouldn't have cared if it did.

"Your majesty," Trilla said, practically running up to me. She clutched a cream-colored envelope in one hand. I could see the red seal was broken and she held a letter in the other hand.

"Trilla," I answered. My hands shook and my heart started to hammer out of control.

Lady Ilyn, my mother, and Ella all sat silent, staring at Trilla. I was getting so much nervous energy off them; I thought I was going to hyperventilate at any moment. Even Miri had frozen; my bowl suspended halfway between the dining table and the tray in her other hand. Tolem took a step forward.

"When would you like the ceremony performed?" Trilla asked, a beautiful grin spreading across her face.

I wanted to scream, and cry again. I wanted to jump up and down and hug each and every person in that room. Instead I just let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding and said, "Yesterday."

"Thank heavens," my mother exclaimed. She and Lady Ilyn grasped each others hands and grinned. Ella launched out of her chair and ran to hug me around my waist. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her face.

Tolem took another step forward and took the letter from Trilla's hand.

"It says, the amendment is effective immediately," his voice was ragged.

I met his gaze and for a moment he hesitated. He looked down at the letter again, as if he couldn't believe what he'd read and had to check again to make sure. He tossed the paper aside and before it hit the floor, Ella and I were in his arms.

It was the best hug I'd ever gotten.

"I guess it's finally time to plan a wedding!" I heard my mother say.

***

I've already admitted to being bad at shopping, but now I knew that I was ten times worse at wedding planning. After breakfast, my mother, Lady Ilyn, Ella and I piled into Trilla's office. The three women chattered happily about flowers, dresses, venues, and food. My mind was occupied with other things, well...one other thing. Sex with Tolem. His resolve was unshakable and I knew he would keep his word about us not sleeping together again until we were married. Now that I knew for sure we were going to actually get married, I wanted him even more.

"Your majesty," Trilla called, bringing me out of my dirty thoughts.

"Yes?"

"What would you like?"

I looked at all the faces around the room, all staring at me expectedly. "I would like to be married before the end of the week. I don't care what I wear; I don't care if it's inside or outside. I want it to happen soon and I want the entire kingdom to celebrate this momentous occasion because this is the only time I'm getting married."

Trilla gave me a small smile. "Your majesty, we will arrange the most spectacular wedding celebration this kingdom has ever seen.

"I appreciate that," I said returning her smile.

***

"Lady Ilyn," I said giving my step-mother a warm hug.

"Mama," I said trying to keep the question out of my voice. My mother gave me a squeeze and stepped back, her smile wide as a mile.

"What are y'all doing back here?"

The afternoon, Trilla had told me to meet the two women in the cellar that I never knew existed. Tolem led me to the cellar, but remained at the top of the stairs. I had to make my way to my two moms alone. The cellar didn't really look like a cellar. It was more like a home with no natural light. Not that the space was dark or anything like any cellar I'd ever been in before. My path was well-lit.

I made my way to the area Tolem had given me directions to and came upon the women talking amiably.

"This is one of the most important rooms you will ever enter," Lady Ilyn said taking my hand in her cool, gentle grip.

Her other hand flew over the heavy metal door, typing in two separate key codes and providing a scan of her thumbprint. The door hissed open and the light that came through the cracked door was brighter than where they currently stood.

We walked into the room and I gasped audibly. "Oh my," I managed around my constricting throat. "These are all yours," my mother said holding up a hand and gesturing around the best closet I'd ever seen in my life.

"The crown jewels," Lady Ilyn explained.

"Yeah," I breathed, "I kinda got that from all the crowns on that shelf...and the tiaras." I pointed to the shelf that stretched around the room. "Gives a whole new meaning to crown molding, doesn't it?"

Lady Ilyn nodded patiently. "Its time you chose an engagement ring."

My gaze flew to her. "He hasn't even proposed properly."

"Well, how can he when he doesn't have a ring?" my mother teased.

Maybe it was the bright light glinting off the precious stones, or the sheer joy of being in the presence of so many pretty things, maybe there was a lack of oxygen in the well-sealed room, but what my mother said made perfect sense.

I'd been frustrated with Tolem's tight-lipped demeanor since the day before. I'd been trapped in the wedding planning meeting until dinner. We'd eaten lunch in Trilla's office. After dinner, Tolem had walked me to my room and left me alone for the rest of the night.

He'd been a bit distant the entire morning. If it wasn't for that hug he'd given me after reading the letter, I'd think he was getting cold feet.

"I have to pick one from here?" I muttered glancing around.

"The choices are plenty," Lady Ilyn assured me. I gazed around the room for a moment. It was approximately the size of the living room in my mother's house. There were trays lined with black velvet holding diamonds, rubies, sapphires and pearls. Black velvet busts displayed necklaces, chokers and tiaras. Then there were the drawers, the room was white, everything was white except for the jewelry displays. My hands itched to open every drawer to see what was inside.

Instead, I followed Lady Ilyn to the far corner of the room. Towards the back was a stack of drawers taller than all of us. My mother handed me a small black stool. "Go through these to find your ring," she said. "Take your time."

I watched them walk toward the front of the room and take seats on a overstuffed white leather settee. I couldn't hear their conversation and I really didn't care. I began methodically opening drawers and trying on dazzling rings.

My hands stopped shaking after the third drawer. Instead of feeling overwhelmed and nervous about picking out an engagement ring, I became excited. This was something normal women did. They planned for a future with the man they love. They chose diamonds. It felt wonderful to think of nothing but a single piece of jewelry to wear for the rest of my life.

My fingers stilled on a cushion cut diamond framed with sapphires. The stone was cold to the touch. I frowned. Something wasn't quite right. I closed the drawer and turned back around.

"I don't want any of these," I stated.

Lady Ilyn's face mirrored my frown. "You must choose a ring."

I shook my head. "I don't have to choose a ring. A ring already chose me."

I tugged at the chain around my neck and pulled the ring I'd found in the garden from its hiding place in my cleavage.

"This is my wedding ring. This is the ring I'm meant to wear for the rest of my life."

My mother laughed. "I believe you're right, darlin'!" She held out her hand and I quickly removed the ring from the necklace.

I stared into the emerald for a moment before placing it in my mother's palm.

"Its perfect," Lady Ilyn said with a smile. All I could say was, "I know."

***

That evening, Tolem met me at the bottom of the stairs on the way to dinner. His face was grim and I was fed up.

"Have you changed your mind?" I whispered, since a maid was walking past, barely five feet away. His blue eyes went wide. "Of course not!"

"Then why are you acting like a scared rabbit?"

He clenched and unclenched his jaw, but I kept staring at him, waiting for an answer.

"I don't deserve you," he hissed finally.

"Don't be ridiculous!" I said rolling my eyes.

"They had to change a law...a long-standing law. Am I really worth that much trouble?"

I stared at him for a moment. How could he possibly think he wasn't worth me moving heaven and earth to have him?

"Yes," I said fiercely. "If I had to renounce the throne like Edward, I would. The law was antiquated. It caused more heartache than it was worth. Love should be enough and I love you." He smiled down at me. I rolled my eyes and swatted his arm. "Can we go to dinner now?"

I walked into the dining room and stopped short. The room wasn't set for dinner. The large table had been removed and three small, round tables had replaced it. The place settings were minimal and there were no center pieces. Instead of a large spread, a huffet was stu up against the wall by the door leading to the kitchen. I couldn't tell what food was on the buffet from a distance.

My mother and Ella sat at a table together. Lady Ilyn stood by the buffet holding a glass of wine and talking to Trilla. The conversation looked serious. It was probably about flowers for the wedding.

The security elves bowed when I entered and reclaimed their spots against the walls. When she saw me, Ella ran over and hugged me. Then, she hugged Tolem and I felt my heart leap. He placed a hand on her dark curls and a look of love took over his usually stoic expression.

I didn't bother questioning the different dinner situation. Instead I accepted a glass of wine from Trilla. She gestured toward the buffet. "When you are ready," she said.

I nodded. I wasn't ready to eat just yet. Instead, I accepted a warm hug from Lady Ilyn. "The wedding will be beautiful. This room will be filled Friday evening."

I nodded. "I think I'm ready...almost."

A hand on my elbow made me turn. "I hope that 'almost' is just because you don't have this yet." My eyes went wide as Tolem dropped to one knee. I"d never quite understood why women cried when a man proposed. I mean, the subject had to have come up at some point—why the surprise? Now I got it. I knew it was coming...there was a gaggle of people planning my wedding for Pete's sake, but Tolem, on his knees, looking up at me was heartening.

He was asking me to give him my life. He was offering to be Ella's father and the father of any kids we would have together. He was giving me his life too. I didn't realize until that moment that I'd been operating under the assumption that I would never have a husband.

I cried.

He held up the ring, my ring, and let out a slow breath.

"My love," he started, "I am forever grateful to you for making it possible to give me the privilege of having you as my wife. You've changed my world and I would like the chance to change your life."

He held my left hand in his right and rubbed his thumb over my bare ring finger. "Will you, Queen Deidre Ellette Saint-Germaine, do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

"Yes," I choked around the emotional lump in my throat. He slid my ring onto my finger and I gasped. Calm settled around me and I stared at the ring. I felt infused with a warm light that made me feel peaceful, happy, and warm. I wondered for a moment if I would have felt this way if I'd put the ring on myself at some point...or was the cocoon of happiness a message that Tolem was the right one to put that ring on my finger?

The emerald caught the light and winked at me. I smiled. Question answered.

Tolem stood and hugged me against his broad chest. When he loosened his hold, I put my hands on his face and pulled him down for a kiss. It took a moment for me to realize everyone in the room was clapping, even Miri and Mattie, the chef, who stood by the kitchen door. The rest of the household staff was just inside the dining room door, also clapping.

I swiped away my tears and shrugged. "I guess we can eat now!"

***

I held Tolem's hand as we ascended the stairs that night. Ella had bathed and my mother had read her a story. We went up to tuck her in and say goodnight.

She was grinning when we walked into her lavender room. Tolem and I took seats on either side of her. I held her against my side and Tolem put an arm around both of us.

"Are you happy?" I asked her.

"Yes...and so are you...both of you."

"That's very true," said Tolem squeezing my shoulder.

We stayed together, like that in whispered conversation until Ella's grey eyes grew heavy. I let Tolem tuck her in and watched him kiss her forehead before he slipped an arm around my waist to lead me to my own bedroom.

Once inside I smiled up at him. "She's going to be so happy," I said pulling my hair out of a complicated braid.

"I hope she will love me," Tolem said on a sigh. I couldn't help smiling. "I think she already does," I said wrapping my arms around his waist. "I love her," he whispered into the top of my head.

"She's easy to love," I said smiling. "You're a tougher sell."

"I didn't think I'd get the chance to be a father. Until I saw you, I never considered myself the marrying type."

I pulled out of his grip and continued loosing my hair. I knew exactly what he meant, I'd felt the same.

Tolem stood watching me for a moment before he took my hands out of my hair. His fingers went to my head to finish taking out the braid himself. I couldn't help but moan at the feeling of his fingers in my hair.

"My love," he whispered; his mouth less than an inch from my ear. My heart hammered at the closeness. "Those sounds weaken my resolve." I bit my bottom lip, hard. "Then, quit bein' so damned resolved."

He gripped my shoulders and turned me to face him. "A few days," he muttered.

I held up my left hand and wiggled my fingers. "We're engaged, Tolem. Certainly that entitles you to some liberties."

He chuckled. "I do believe it does, my queen."

His mouth crashed against mine and I immediately opened for him. His hands went to my ass, hoisting me up his front. I wrapped my legs around his waist and crossed my ankles behind his back. Tolem walked us into the en suite bathroom. He didn't put me down as he grabbed a towel and placed it on the granite-topped vanity. He used one foot to pull out the chair and sat in it. I was automatically on his lap, legs wide.

Lucky for me (or him) I was wearing a skirt. It was modest enough, flowing and ending just below my knees, but at the moment there was nothing modest about it since Tolem pushed it up around my waist. My breathing was coming in ragged gasps.

Tolem slid his thick fingers over my damp panties, tracing the crease of my pussy. My moan could only be described as pitiful. Tolem spread his legs, effectively spreading mine further apart. He grabbed my underwear and yanked, ripping the thin straps on both sides. The fragile pink garment fell into his lap, but he payed it no mind.

Tolem grunted a sound so animalistic I whimpered. His lips found my neck as his hands pulled the straps of my shirt off my shoulders. I cried out when he pulled my camisole down, exposing my breasts. Again, lucky for me (or him) I hadn't bothered with a bra. His mouth quickly found my nipples and he nibbled and sucked them in turn. I cried out. My pussy was throbbing with need. I wanted to strum my clit to release some tension, but my hands were gripping Tolem's shoulders for dear life.

Finally, his hands moved up my thighs, gripped my waist and hoisted me onto the towel-topped counter. He put my bare feet on the counter on either side of my ass, opening me up wide. I watched him stare at my pussy; I was soaked and absolutely throbbing with need. He slid the chair forward, as if scooting up to a table so he could properly dig into his meal.

I felt his breath on my pussy and bit down hard on my bottom lip. My head was swimming with need.

"You're so beautiful," Tolem growled. His tongue parted my folds and I thought I'd pass out. "You smell like vanilla and cream." He stiffened his tongue and used it to tease my clit.

"Oh God," I hissed.

"I want to taste you," Tolem muttered, "but after tonight, I won't touch you again until our honeymoon."

I nodded. I would agree to just about anything at that moment.

"No teasing me," he growled. "I am only a man."

"I won't tease, I promise."

His blue eyes met mine and he smiled. "Don't give me those plaintive looks either."

I rolled my eyes. "So I can't even look at you?" Tolem pushed my legs even father apart. "You can look at me, but don't look at me like you want me to fuck you."

The last two words made me gasp...because that's exactly what I wanted. It was always what I wanted. Our one time together had just whetted my appetite. I wanted Tolem all the time. I seemed to be living my life in a state of constant arousal and it was just about to drive me insane.

"Then you'd better hurry up and hire some new security," I snapped.

He quirked an eyebrow at me; I fisted his hair and glared at him. "You got me up here, wide open, are you gonna put up or shut up?"

"Both," he growled before dropping his mouth onto my pussy.

My toes gripped the edge of the countertop as I screamed. Tolem had a talented tongue. He sucked my clit into his mouth, which made my spine stiffen and my head spin. He slurped the juices that wept onto his tongue as if he was drinking nectar and ambrosia. He clamped his mouth over me and hummed, which made my toes curl under.

LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers
12