Demo Day 01

Story Info
When more than a wall gets torn down.
7.4k words
4.1
36.6k
22
13

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/12/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was a dreary morning in late October. The sun should have shed some light on the day, but the clouds were so thick that the motion-activated lights on either side of the garage door were still working at 7:12 when I put the garbage can out. The concrete walk and driveway were damp but not wet. It had been raining at 6-something when I hit the main bathroom. I could hear the drops hitting the skylight 15 feet above the tile floor. They weren't huge drops like a downpour but they were steady medium sized by the sound that tat-tat-tatted until I walked away to the kitchen for my second cup of coffee. I realized it was after 7 but since our garbage isn't usually collected before 10, I didn't rush out the door with the last bag I had collected around 5:30. I had gotten distracted on the computer, reading a story and then the sound of a school bus going by brought me back to my reality at 7:07.

I pulled my slippers off and put my Bean shoes on because I had to go through the wet grass to get to the garbage can in the plastic shed alongside the garage. I got back inside and changed back into the slippers.

Jackie (Jacs) had gone into work for 5 saying she had stuff to get done before she unlocked the doors at 8. She had lowered the window in the garage and said we needed to go get gas later in the day; she was on the low fuel warning.

The mail truck went by around 11 and I looked out and saw the pavement was dry so I went out in my slippers. I heard noise from a house down the street. It had recently sold and it sounded like sheetrock being torn down. I knew that sound from personal experience and from HGTV which Jacs had gotten hooked on after seeing a couple shows back when we were in the other house. Now she had it on almost exclusively, unless SYTYCD, DWTS or Dance Moms was on. Otherwise it was Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Beachfront Bargain Hunt, etc, etc, etc. The DVR program manager had a list of shows plus the few that I watched; her 80% to my 20. Oh, I forgot the Ellen show which taped daily when it was a new episode. She was at least a couple months behind on all of this.

Jacs came home around 4 and when she came into the kitchen she asked, "Did you see the dumpster in Lambert's driveway?"

"No, but I heard sheetrock coming down from the mailbox. Or it might have been old hardwood coming up, I guess."

"Interesting, I wonder what the new owners are doing." She headed to the bedroom and came back out a few minutes later saying, "I'm going for a walk, back in a few." I didn't get any reply out quickly enough as I heard the front door shut at the end of her statement.

The 'few' turned out to be about a half-hour. She came in and said, "The contractor showed me the plans for the reno at Lambert's house. The new owners are named Miller and they are coming in from Toronto. He's some sort of coach for an ice hockey team and she's a stay-at-home mom with 2 kids 8 and 6. That's all the contractor told me about them. The plan looks really good. They expect to be done in a month and the Millers are coming in 6 weeks."

"So you had a nice chat?"

"Yes, Jeff's really nice. He went over the whole plan and the schedule with me. He told me to stop back any time to see how they're doing."

"That's nice of him."

"Yes it is. Really nice guy likes to talk."

"I'm sure he does. Okay so we were going for a quick dinner and gas for you?"

"Oh yes, I forgot about that, thanks honey."

"A bit distracted by Jeff?"

She blushed a bit, "No, I just forgot is all."

"Uh-huh, sure." I was smiling and walked toward the garage door. Jacs grabbed her bag and I opened the door to the garage then followed her out. As we were driving by the Lambert/Miller house Jacs waved at a tall, broad-shouldered guy who waved back with a wide smile. I didn't say anything for a couple heartbeats and Jacs said, "That was Jeff I waved at."

"I figured as much because you aren't in the habit of waving at strange men at least I don't think you do that." I saw a sour look on her face and ignored it. We went to Wendy's then gassed up her SUV and added some to a gas can I keep for my lawn mower and snow thrower. When we got back the driveway at Lambert/Miller's was missing the van.

The evening was quiet, Jacs watching something on the bedroom TV and I had NCIS on in the living room. I dozed off and then went to bed around 9:30. Since the bedroom door was closed I went into the computer room and sacked out in there; this was nothing new. I could cat-nap and Jacs was on her feet all day so it worked okay for us at this point in our life. The only downside is the stress of the store had cut our sex life to virtually nothing. Jackie's usually high sex drive was virtually nil over the last year, year and a half. And I hated it; whacking off like I was a teenager again wasn't fun.

Let me give you a little info about Jackie here. She's 5'1, well when we met; she's now about 5 feet and tips the scale at 92, maybe 95 pounds, you know how weight can fluctuate. Her shoulder-blade length light brown hair has a natural wave which she usually controls with a pony tail. She's almost always smiling and always looks for the best of people and situations; definitely a glass half-full person. She wears a 30B bra with a 21 inch waist and 32 inch hips. She's tiny, but those breasts on her slight frame look magnificent in any but the baggiest of tops.

We were up at the usual time on Wednesday, 3AM so she could get into the store for 4:30 and do all the stuff she needed to do for her regular delivery. It rarely changed. She came home around 8:30 and napped for 2½ hours and then we ate and she went back in for 1:30 but stopping at the bank for change on her way in.

Thursday was 3:30 for 5:30 then back home for a nap. When she came in she said she was going to walk down and see how the project was coming along for a few minutes. It was a 20 minute visit and she came back and went to bed asking me to get her up at 1:30 to go in for 3. Thursday nights are short as she always goes in for the day on Friday and get maybe 3, 3 ½ hours sleep. When she comes home Friday night she crashes to go in for the delivery on Saturday and comes home Saturday night and crashes for Sunday morning. Then she comes home on Sunday, naps and goes back to close the store. This cycle repeats week in and week out except for changes for her assistants needing time for doctor appointment, family commitments and the occasional jury duty. It was a grueling life for her and a lonely life for myself.

Monday morning she went in, then came home and went to see how the project was going for a half hour and then came back, napped and went back to close the store.

Tuesday, into the store early then come home and sleep so she could go in on Wednesday for the delivery.

Wednesday Jacs was up at 3 and went into the store for 4:30, to receive the 5AM delivery. I went to our mailbox at 8:45 to put a bill in because I had forgotten until then and I saw Jacs' SUV parked down the street in front of Lambert/Miller's house. I went back inside and waited. She called every day, every time before she headed home from the store whatever the plan was for that time. She hadn't called today and I wondered why. I also wondered what her story would be.

Jacs came in at 9:20 saying she had forgotten to call that she was on her way home. "Jacs are you okay? You're flushed, is something wrong?"

"Oh, I, uh...there was a customer at the store who was getting rather...loud and nasty. I considered calling the police. I was distracted after getting that situation calmed down. I was thinking about that." It was the first sign that we might be headed for trouble.

She changed and told me to wake her at 1 and we'd have 'dinner' and then she'd head to work for 2. I prepped 'dinner' and put all her snacks together early and read my tablet until the timer to wake her started beeping. We ate and she mentioned Thanksgiving and she wasn't sure what we were doing since she had to work some part of that day. I shrugged my shoulders and said I'd be happy staying home and not worrying about the traveling. She still didn't mention her stop down the street before she left for the late shift at the store. On her way out of the garage she said, "We'll get up at 3 tomorrow so I can get in and get some stuff done before I need to deal with customers. Have a good evening honey, I love you."

"Love you too, later." I wasn't happy about the exclusion of the visit to the job site down the street. And the story about the customer probably wasn't true; so I was going to pay closer attention to her comings and goings now. I was thinking I might drop by the store occasionally for a surprise lunch.

At 10:35 the landline rang and Jacs said, "Hi honey, I'm headed home, love you."

"See you in a bit, love you too."

She came into the kitchen and handed her soft-sided lunch bag to me so I could handle all that while she went to the bedroom to change. I walked down to the bedroom after shutting down the living room TV. She was already in her flannel nightgown and headed to the bathroom. She was talking about her evening in the store and how busy it had been. While she was seated on the throne I kissed her forehead and said, "I'm done for the day. See you in a few hours." I went to the computer room where I got into the double bed there and I was asleep in short order. This had been our life for the last year.

The company she works for wanted loads of stuff done as far as stocking shelves, shifting according to season and what not. But they didn't want to give the store managers a lot of hours; that would cut the bottom line. So Jackie with this type-A personality was doing well over 60 hours a week to get it all done on schedule. But the pace was taking a toll on us and she knew it. I had commented several times over the last year that I didn't see her often enough and when she was home Facebook and the DVR seemed to monopolize a lot of her time.

We were up at 3 and she wanted to cuddle for a few minutes. This was normal for her and frustrating for me. Don't get me wrong, I love holding her whenever I can but it would be so much better without that nightgown and tank top beneath, that was what I was hoping for in the way of cuddling. By 3:10 we were moving for the day. She was gone by 4:42 and I had the day to myself again unfortunately. While making her peanut butter and jelly half-sandwich I mentioned we needed bread and she said she was getting a delivery today.

"So would you bring a loaf home please?" I heard an 'uh-huh' from her.

I did a bunch of stuff and I was on the computer in the late afternoon and at 4:23 I called the store to remind Jacs about the bread. The woman that answered said that Jacs had bought the bread when she left about 10 minutes earlier. I thanked her and hung up. Jacs hadn't called that she was on her way home. I didn't like where my mind was headed but I had to check.

I walked out front and looked up the street. The contractor's van was there but not Jackie's CRV. I went back in, put on a pair of shoes rather than slippers, and took my phone and grabbed a jacket. I took my keys and went out through the man-door on the side of the garage. This was the door you can't see when you are approaching from the Lambert/Miller side of the house. I walked down the driveway, turned right and went up that side street. At the next corner I turned left, went 2 blocks and walked down that street which also intersected our street about 2 lots past the Lambert/Miller house. The Daltons lived on the corner with a huge willow that overhung the street.

There, parked on the street, away from the intersection was Jackie's CRV. I walked up to it and looked inside. Her lunch bag and a bag with the bread were on the passenger seat. I turned around and walked back to the house trying to decide what to do. Should I walk to the job site and start a discussion there. Were there other workers beside Jeff? What was she doing, hiding the CRV and telling me lies? She had parked so that even if I looked, the big willow on the corner was obstructing any sight of the Honda.

I went home, and waited for her to get home. At 5:07 the landline rang and Jackie said, "Hi, I'm on my way home, love you."

"So you should be here in about a minute then?"

"What?"

"Well, you're parked on Maple Street by Dalton's and it should only take you a minute to get into the garage from there."

She was quiet for a few seconds, "Umm, I'll be right there."

I heard the garage door open then close and Jacs came into the kitchen. She was looking a little tense as I put my hand out for her lunch bag. "Honey how did you know the CRV was..."

"So Jackie, are you having an affair with Jeff? Were you over there doing something that I will find less than pleasant?"

"No, I wasn't doing..."

"What were you doing for the last hour today and the half hour you were there Monday and then Wednesday morning when you 'forgot to call' that you were on your way home? Because that was an outright lie to me Jackie. If you aren't starting something romantic or sexual, why lie to me?"

"Nothing happened, really honey. Nothing happened."

"So what 'nothing' happened for a half hour for 2 days and why did you hide the CRV today? If nothing happened why didn't you come home first then tell me you were going over there? Something happened that you're afraid to tell me."

She was looking everywhere but in my eyes and tears wee running down her cheeks. "Well, nothing happened Monday."

"So tell me what was going on Wednesday morning."

"We were just talking about the renovation and things. It wasn't anything special. Jeff was telling me how the job was going."

"And..."

"And that's about it."

"You came in all flushed, something happened besides talking about the renovation."

"Well, he kept looking at me, you know...he was looking me over and I was, well...I was looking him over, too. But nothing happened, well he took me in his arms...and I stopped him. I told him I couldn't...I wouldn't do anything. He leaned down and kissed me and I didn't stop him...I...I kissed him back. Oh honey, I'm sorry."

"You said nothing happened but he kissed you and you kissed him back? That sounds like something happened Jackie."

"It was...nothing major. Really honey it was no big deal."

"Really, so how many men have kissed you and you've kissed back over the last 30-some years of our marriage that I don't know about?"

"None, nobody else has kissed me, honest."

"And what happened today that you hid the CRV and went over to him?"

"Well, he stopped in the store this morning on his way here and bought a couple things and we talked for a bit. And he was being really nice."

"So did nothing major happen again today? Did he kiss you again? Did you kiss him back?"

It was a whisper, "Yes."

"Yes to which question Jackie?"

"To both, he kissed me and I kissed him back." She had tears running down her cheeks again.

"And what else happened?"

"Oh please honey, don't make me say this, please."

"Jackie, I'm going to give you a choice here. Either tell me the truth, all of it, or pack some clothes and get out of the house. It's up to you how this goes. You've already lied to me about coming home and nothing happening, nothing romantic or sexual. Tell me the whole thing or leave. Do you want five minutes to mull it over?" I walked out of the kitchen and went into the living room and sat in the arm chair. I opened my tablet and checked the time, 5:16. I tried reading the book I was working on.

Jackie came into the living room and sat on the couch a minute later. I didn't look up until she said, "Honey please look at me."

I looked up at her and I knew she could see the tears in the corners of my eyes. She sniffled and wiped her nose with a tissue. "Okay, so we were kissing today and he had me pulled in close to him and I could feel his cock getting hard and my pussy got wet. He started to rub my breast while we kissed and I got wetter. And his cock was so hard pressed against me. I broke the kiss and looked at him and said 'I can't do this' and I walked out of the house. I sat in the CRV for 10 minutes to calm down before I called you that I was coming home. I didn't want to walk in with the flush like I had yesterday morning. I told him I didn't want him coming to the store again. I'm sorry, really sorry. I won't go over there again I promise."

"So I should believe that none of your clothes came off or he wasn't inside your clothes and his cock wasn't outside of his pants and you never reached inside his pants? Is that what you're saying? That his hands never touched any intimate part of your body and you never touched any intimate part of his body?"

"Yes, that's true. Neither of us touched the other's bare flesh except for kissing. I'm so sorry honey. I don't want to move out, how can I make this up to you?"

"I don't know if I believe you Jackie."

"WHY NOT? Why do you doubt me?"

"Did you forget you lied to me this week in regards to Jeff already?"

"Oh honey" as she bolted off the couch and came to me, "I'm sorry I'm not lying. It happened just the way I told you."

"So you cheated on me, Jackie and now what am I supposed to do?"

"I didn't cheat on you Phil."

"Kissing and letting him feel your breast isn't cheating? Then what is cheating Jackie, only intercourse? Are you taking the Bill Clinton attitude that oral sex isn't sex because your vagina wasn't penetrated? So anal sex would be okay?" I was angry but to my credit I was talking very quietly and rationally.

"Oh Phil, I never thought of it that way. I...I'm sorry I didn't think that it was so...cut and dry...analytical."

"Jackie, I've never kissed another woman on the lips. I've never touched another woman's breast bare or clothed because that infers the intent to cheat. The physical act is just the... the culmination of the desire. You cheat in your heart before you ever cheat with your body. You were willing to give yourself to him but you stopped before you got to the physical act. It's cheating in your heart and head first."

"Oh god Phil I never thought about it like that. I've betrayed you on several levels and I guess I didn't think about any of that. I'm so sorry I betrayed your trust and our commitment to each other." Her eyes were on the floor and she sounded so sad and tears were rolling down her cheeks

"Jackie...Jackie..." I reached out and put my hand on her upper arm and started to lift her to look at me. "I'm not sure how we will resolve this situation. I don't know that I can trust you to tell me the truth now. I don't know if you're telling me everything that happened today..."

She was blubbering through tears, "That's all that happened honest Phil. Neither of us touched the others skin. I didn't think about the kissing as cheating, the desire to be wooed, I'm so sorry. Oh what can I do to make this up to you?"

I sat without an answer because I didn't have an answer for her.

"Oh please Phil, tell me what I can do to make this up to you to fix this mistake I've made."

I had a few tears running down my cheeks and I shook my head because I didn't know. It had not been a scenario I had ever considered before this week and it had only been a suspicion until now.

"Phil, please Phil, what can I do? Please tell me what can start to fix this for us." She climbed onto my lap and put her arms around my neck and we both cried for a time. "Jackie, you need to get off my lap my legs are numb." She got off my lap and looked at me with bloodshot eyes and tear tracks down her cheeks.

"Phil, what can I do?"

"Jackie, I"

"Stop calling me by my name. I'm Jacs, your Jacs."

I looked into her eyes, "Jacs, my Jacs would never have let the situation go so far. You are Jackie because I'm not sure about"

12