Demo Day 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That's when I came home to find a car in the driveway and I thought it was Jeff. I was ready for a fight. I love you more than my own life Jackie but I can't stand you lying to me. Is there anything else that you did that I should know about because if you haven't figured it out yet, it all comes out eventually?"

"No Phil, there is nothing else. It was my mistake with Jeff and there is nothing else. I have a clear conscience for the rest of my life except for this past 2 weeks. There isn't anything else."

I stared at her for a couple minutes, "You are certain there isn't anything else you need to tell me?"

"No. Other than Jeff my life has been devoted to you."

"You didn't do anything with Jeff's helper by chance, did you?"

"Oh God no, why would you even think that?"

"Really, you're wondering why that idea crossed my mind with what has happened."

Frustration in her voice, "FINE, yes I made a mistake but with Jeff only, never ever anyone else."

"Okay, Jackie I'll get my stuff and come home today. I'll be back before you get home from work but I'm staying in the guest room. We won't be sleeping together."

"Why won't you be sleeping in our bed?"

"That step may take a while. Please don't push me where you want to go right now Jackie."

She had been making her own lunch and when she was done she said, "Okay I'm going to change for work, do you want to come talk to me while I'm doing that?"

"Not today. I'm going to shower and head to the hotel to get my stuff. I'll be home before you get back."

"Okay, I'll call you from the store when I'm leaving."

"From the store on the store phone?"

She went to work; I went and got my stuff. I tracked her periodically through every day. Donna informed me that she had filed the divorce papers and that Jeff had challenged them. She said that Jackie might have to testify in court but she'd definitely have to submit a deposition. Donna's and Jeff's lawyers would both be there.

Jackie and I lived in the same house but I'd not respond to her attempts to get me into bed with her.

She had taken to walking around topless to get my attention; it would have been great before Jeff but not now. She was going to therapy and making some headway with her issues. The therapist called me one day and asked that I come with Jackie and I asked her why and she said Jackie had hit a wall and they needed me there to move forward.

I went with Jackie and we talked and I assured the therapist I had forgiven her mistake that I held no ill will but I couldn't get past the betrayal of our vows. The therapist asked me to come in for some private counseling. I agreed to 5 sessions which would take us past the date of Donna's divorce proceedings. After the third session I told the therapist that I was canceling the last 2 sessions. Donna's divorce had been granted and she had called to tell me that Jackie did have to testify. The lawyer for Jeff ran her over the coals but she had held up. I thanked Donna and when Jackie came home I asked how it went.

"It was tough Phil but I told the truth and I'm glad it's done. I hope I never see his face again."

"Well, it's good that is behind you now." I handed her an envelope with our divorce papers and she looked at the envelope and asked, "What's this?"

"It's our divorce papers Jackie,"

"WHAT, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?"

"Because I can forgive what you did, the mistake the first time you fucked Jeff but the second time when you went back knowing you were going to fuck him again, well I can't get past that. That was a blatant betrayal, not an impulse that was hard to control. You testified in court today; it is now part of the public record and I'm leaving you now."

"But...but I thought we were making headway. The therapist said you were talking to her."

"Did she tell you what we talked about?"

"No, she can't."

"Well, I canceled my last 2 appointments because we talked about how unbending I am, how rigidly I hold on to the belief that marriage vows are a commitment. That you were seduced the first time you fucked Jeff but the second time was your desire for sex with him again."

"But I haven't seen him since then."

"I know because I've been tracking your phone, the car and your purse. Donna has been tracking his van, her car which he sometimes drives and his favorite jacket. None of them have intersected since the incident. But I can't stay here any longer. I had told Donna I was going to divorce you and she asked me to stay until her divorce was final, so you'd be willing to testify for her as to Jeff's philandering. I need to leave and find someone who believes as I do that marriage is a TOTAL COMMITMENT to your spouse. Your first time with him I could forgive, but not the second. My clothes are gone as well as some of the stuff I need or want. Get a lawyer if you want Jackie. Good bye."

I opened the front door and walked out of her life with a very broken heart. I had no idea if it could repair itself.

Epilogue

Jackie apparently consulted a lawyer and found out that her testimony from Donna & Jeff's divorce could be used in our divorce. That she had no grounds to stand on. If she hadn't testified or given the deposition for Donna it would have been 'he said-she said' and there wouldn't have been a case. BUT Jackie is a sweet person that likes to help people and this time her helping Donna came back to bite her in the ass.

I stopped going to birthday parties because it was too painful: the memories of the good times. I kept hearing that she was pining for me and I couldn't bear it any longer so I stopped seeing the grandkids on a regular basis. The divorce put a wedge in my relationship with the grandkids and I hated that by-product of her cheating on me with that 'one mistake' as she called it.

12