Demon's Grace Ch. 05-06

Story Info
I was in a better mood when I got back to the motel.
3.7k words
4.6
12.9k
11

Part 5 of the 19 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 03/13/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
akbunny
akbunny
190 Followers

I was in a better mood when I got back to the motel. Food and good conversation, not about demons, will do that for a person. It went down a notch when I saw Ezra and left completely when I saw Taurin. I stood in the doorway and surveyed them. I could sleep in the jeep I thought, hand still on the door knob. Ezra started walking towards me as soon as my face tightened.

Demons are quick and I stood there too long. He was already in front of me, his eyes a black night with pin pricks of stars. I hated him for that. He knew how much I liked to watch his eyes that way.

"You're such an ass."

He responded by giving me an innocent look. He gently took my hands and lead me to a chair.

"Why is he here?" I asked, not caring that I pouted like an eight year old who didn't want to go to school.

"I will not leave until it's done."

"Not gonna happen 'till you tell me what you're planning?" My eyes flashed angrily at Taurin standing against the far wall. Ezra knelt between my legs and looked up at my face.

"You have no bargaining power here," Taurin said.

"Ask me if I give a rat's ass."

Taurin started to laugh and went to sit at the edge of the bed. Closer to us than I appreciated.

"Is it worth it to be with her?" he directed to Ezra. "Carlos would have been the better offer."

"Carlos would slit your throat," I responded harshly.

"He would die. Is that your plan, slit my throat?"

"If I said yes?"

"Are you?"

I replied truthfully, "No."

Ezra spoke up, "It is a fair trade. Leave Taurin, we will be here come morning. Think on what she asks." Ezra stood and guided me to sit at the head of the bed. Amazingly Taurin stood up and bowed his head slightly to Ezra without taking his eyes off him.

"I will do as you ask." His gaze went to me and he just looked. Slowly he opened the door and left.

I opened my mouth, but Ezra placed his fingers on my lips. "Do not say it. I have not said these things lightly. He will be back."

I moved my face away from his fingers. "Are you o.k. with it?"

"If it is your choice and he is the wind, I will bend."

My eyebrow rose at that. "You are Ezra, right? You're still a demon, aren't you? I didn't think demons bent to the wind." I ended with a coy smile on my face.

Ezra winked and manifested his body into its demon form. He quickly undid my boots and pounced on me. I caught a glimpse of his tail whipping back and forth. "Most certainly," he said, his eyes practically shooting sparks.

I laughed joyously and dreaded the coming of the morning.

CHAPTER 6

We slept in and picked up a late breakfast. When we came back there was still no word from Taurin. I relaxed while we waited.

I mused. "It's been a week. Affairs' will want a report."

"We will have one," Ezra replied blandly. He lay on his side facing me, nude, with his glorious, deep red coloring. I traced the black markings on his skin. There was a stark knock and we looked at the door simultaneously.

"No one's home," I shouted.

I smiled as clove scented smoke wafted into my face at Ezra's snort. The knocking continued. I knew he heard me, they always do. Ezra propped himself up on the bed and leaned against the wall, completely unconcerned with his nudity. If I was nude I definitely would have put some clothes on. I wasn't, so I got up and reluctantly opened the door.

There he was, with the sun shining down on him, making him shimmer. Was it a sin to look so beautiful? He's a demon after all, so why not? Sin was suppose to tempt. I mockingly extended my arm to welcome him inside our humble motel room. Taurin sauntered in, flicking his long hair behind his shoulder.

As I closed the door I looked at Ezra and said, "I can't wait to go home." He just looked at me with what I took to be agreement in his eyes. I sat in the chair next to the windows.

Taurin leaned casually up against the dresser stationed in front of the bed, hands in his pockets, sunglasses hooked in his leaf green shirt. He certainly dressed nicer than Ezra and me. Well, maybe just me, because Ezra wasn't dressed. Right now all I was wearing were worn jeans and a black tank top. I decided to forget niceties, "What's your plan?"

"Did Ezra tell you about our bargain?" He asked instead.

"Not that it's any of your business, but no." I glanced quickly at Ezra. His eyes remained fixed on Taurin.

"I'm curious."

"Gee, then we have something in common. Only what I want to know is what the fuck you're up to with the Affairs' Office."

"You should be curious about other things that affect you more personally," his eyes shifted to me, "and swearing is not necessary."

"Huh" was all I had to say to that. Swearing became my shield against the world after I became the lone member of my family. What were the odds that I was going to be bound to the two most word offended demons around?

"I will tell you both." He paused momentarily, "The Affairs' Office sent you and Carlos to kill me. There is a chair woman on the council named Slovya." He directed his eyes to Ezra as he said this, which directed mine to him too. Ezra remained expressionless.

Taurin moved his gaze back to me. "As you should know, demons always, one way or another, learn about their warrants and who is coming for them. I contacted Bronti because my bargain with Ezra is a mutual agreement. He owes me nothing, unlike Bronti." He smiled smugly at his next words. "There are also chair members on the council who owe me certain favors. They would have a vested interest if I was dead."

"I dare say they didn't realize the amount of power you accumulated," was my reply.

"Two members did, Slovya being one. Their hope was an unsuccessful hunt on my warrant because of your death. They wanted Ezra to die, they didn't care about me."

"Who is the other?" Ezra asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He teased.

"We could just get a list of names on the board," I said dryly.

"They don't publish current board members, fear of retribution." He twitched his nose and gave me a slick smile.

"Don't be so pessimistic," I sneered at him.

"You have no time. Someone needs to report to the Affairs' soon about your current warrant. There are workings already in motion from different council members, legal and otherwise, to start anew towards Ezra and myself."

"How do you know this?" I asked incredulously.

He pointed to himself, "Demon." His sly smile appeared on his face again.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

His smile widened, "I won't tell you no matter how much you use your feminine wiles on me."

I waved his explanation away with my hand and sighed heavily.

Taurin continued, "I bond with you and the legal methods are out of the question. Leaving them illegal methods only to attempt to kill us."

"Unless there's a new law enacted. You're right, you should have bonded with Carlos. He's a better killer. Having the two of you in close proximity to one another makes me cannon fodder."

"I am pleased it turned out this way. Bronti wouldn't sell himself out and Ezra is the better bargain of the two because of his secrets."

I looked at Ezra, "What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means Taurin is going to be bothering me," came Ezra's reply. He drummed his fingers on a raised knee.

Taurin replied, "You have another specimen, Ezra. Can't wait to see what you do. Demon gossip is fun, but actually seeing is better."

I stood up in alarm. "I don't like this, especially if it pertains to me and the word specimen."

"Who is the second one?" Ezra asked Taurin again, this time more forcefully. Taurin didn't answer him. He did straighten up and walk towards me though.

"Do you know how powerful Ezra is, Dove?"

I stood warily in front of him, unhappy with the way he caressingly spoke my name. "He said we were not ready to take you on."

Honestly, I didn't think Ezra was powerful. The touch of his aura didn't feel massive in any way to me, a small part of the reason I agreed to the bonding. Taurin's, on the other hand, felt like a tsunami, ready to drown me in a second. As he approached me I knew he held it in check, but he still put a great pressure on my own. Ezra's always seemed to meld and keep me standing during battle.

"Do you honestly believe that?" He was all sincerity as he looked at Ezra.

"The name and I will tell you the truth." Ezra said forcefully. He was sitting on his knees now, facing us.

Taurin blinked and smiled, annunciating his words in a german accent, "The good Doctor Bardellis."

The fires in Ezra's eyes flickered, but he didn't seemed surprised by this name.

Taurin continued, "They got your name on it, signed by legal bearers, but were they right that I could destroy you?"

"Rather, have you kill Dove and send me back to where I started in the Affair's eyes, legally hunted."

"How flattering to me," replied Taurin. "I don't believe you'd let me kill her. At least not without repercussion. I think you were counting on my discretion even if you weren't there for the hunt. Luckily Bronti didn't have to utilize methods to keep you from my prize. He would have been sorely outmatched."

He turned his attention back to me. I really didn't like the fact that he referred to me as his 'prize'. "He is as great a deceiver as any of us." He leaked out some of his power forcing me to stumble back into the chair. Ezra did what he always did. Moved to stand by me, crossed his arms, and merged his power into mine to help me regain my balance. It always worked and I was grateful for it.

"You are all deceivers." I said.

"Then why bind yourself at all, Dove?" Ezra asked as he turned to me.

I looked up into the glimmering flames of his eyes and shook my head, unable to voice my thoughts.

Stars slowly started to come into focus in those dark eyes, "What is life about but mysteries?" He did not smile, merely studied my face as I studied his.

Taurin, for the most part, ignored us and started talking again. "When the announcement is made the assassination attempts will start. Affairs' will be satisfied, thinking that you will be my keeper," he bit down and bared his teeth in a frightening manner at me, "and that there will be no more unnecessary deaths on my part."

Ezra added his thoughts to the conversation, "But there will be if we have to start killing others hired to kill us."

I snorted. "The police can't fault us for that, except when I say 'Yes officer, I'm aware that this is the third body I've decapitated in less than a week and no, I have no idea why someone is after us.'"

Taurin gave a genuine grin to that, "Let's blackmail someone."

"What?! Who?!" I exclaimed . "To gordons. They prefer a free meal."

I responded, appalled, "Flesh eaters! Who'll have a bargaining chip afterwards!"

"Not if we find one of their secrets first and, you know, they would be horribly offended if you called them that."

I gave Taurin a mocking smile, "You mean you actually don't have a favor to call in?"

He looked seriously at me, "One, but it is centuries old and I doubt it matters anymore."

I sighed. "All right, so that problem is somewhat solved. How about the next. What are your plans for the Affairs' members. You can't just kill them." I turned towards Ezra, "And you?"

Taurin answered first, "Some."

"We can't just kill council members."

"We can do a lot of things," Taurin replied.

My eyes widened at his nonchalant manner, but Ezra then chimed in his thoughts before I could reprimand, "Slovya will succeed at finding another way to reach me legally. Dr. Bardellis won't care one way or another."

I rubbed my forehead in frustration and turned my attention to Taurin, "Will you tell us the members who you believe are trying to kill you?" I asked cautiously. Honestly, I wasn't sure that I really wanted to hear all the gory details, and with demons they always seemed to be gory.

"No, not until we are bonded. I wouldn't be so easily swayed to trust your good nature, as compassionate as you are," he said with a wink.

I sneered at him, "You suck. Thanks for inviting us to your melodrama." I stood up and used both hands to push at his chest. He, of course, didn't move.

"Oh, you have no idea."

I looked outside through the slit of the curtains of the window. "Let's get this shit done with."

Taurin crossed his arms and regarded Ezra. "We could always battle anyway or is that smile due to happy coincidence? You see, I do know you, Ezra, even if Bronti never did."

Ezra indeed was smiling and it was very cat with its cream. He had moved to lay on his stomach and his tailed snaked back and forth. "I would not kill you if we were to do battle right now. As far as your interference, a scientist loves variables. Am I not being kind with letting your disrespect of me go?"

Taurin tilted his head and narrowed his eyes, "You are being too passive, brother." Ezra stretched with that content smile on his face and bounded off the bed. "It is your move, Taurin. Dove."

Ezra held out his hand to me and I took it, because for now I liked Ezra better than Taurin. We walked around him, all the while I was puzzling out what had just been said while admitting that Carlos was right about demons.

"We'll meet you at the park by the lake when you're ready," I said.

"I don't see why you can't just wait here while I re-evaluate."

My mouth dropped slightly while I was belting on my knives. Taurin's tone was pouting and wisely I didn't say anything, leaving it to Ezra.

"I'm giving you time to reconsider," he said.

I slipped on my boots as Ezra changed his form to look human, his skin sliding over itself and forming into clothing. I leaned sideways on the open doorway so that my back wouldn't be turned towards him. Ezra met my suspicious glance and walked past me. I followed, leaving Taurin in the room.

Taurin didn't show for a long time. Ezra and I sat in silence on a bench watching the slowly fading sunlight sparkle on the water. I was running my fingers through Ezra's black, shoulder length hair when I smelled the snow scent of Taurin and felt the vibration from my sword telling me another demon was coming. He walked up behind us and pushed aside my sun warmed hair from my neck. This exposed my blade, but he didn't touch it. Instead, Taurin used a flower and moved it softly back and forth across my skin. Ezra propped his leg on the bench and turned sideways to watch.

Bonding could be forced. All the demon had to do was get the hunter's killing blade and cut both the hunter and themselves, then merge the blood. I reached behind me and drew the blade out. It sang in my hand, it channeled my power. Ezra didn't move, but I felt Taurin take a cautious step back and fortify himself with what felt like a wall to me. I look at my weapon and moved it, making it reflect the light of the sun. I switched my hold and placed it on my shoulder, pommel facing Taurin behind us. I gazed steadily at Ezra, placing my trust in his ability to keep watch.

There were a few moments before Taurin slowly took it. He surprised me with his choice, nicking my shoulder and hastily placing his lips on it. He cut his lips and I could feel the warmth of his mouth drawing on my blood. I didn't expect this, nor did I expect the alien feeling of seemingly cognizant liquid sliding inside my body, settling itself into a rhythm that made my breathing hitch. His arm came from behind me to place itself like a stone on my chest, securing me to the bench. My eyes closed and my right hand reached out to grip Ezra's leg.

Confused about Taurin's manipulation I attempted to jerk away. This caused him to intensify the rhythm. I felt warmth start to flow from the lower part of my body. He finished with one harsh suck and then bit down hard, causing me to climax. I placed a hand over my mouth on my panting and angry noise of release. Physically I felt great, mentally I was not happy. I quickly turned around grabbed my blade from out of his hand. "Don't do that again!"

He still looked beautiful, even with bloodied lips forming a satisfied smile. Ezra curled around my back and I felt his tongue licking the cut. This did not make me happy either.

His whisper tickled the inside of my ear, "You feel wonderful." I growled at him in response and he only laughed.

I shrugged him off and walked away, bringing my breathing under control. The blade sang through my mind. It would now be tuned to both Taurin and Ezra. It wouldn't stop it's vibrating music, it just changed a little to accommodate the new notes that represented Taurin. I placed the sword in a two handed grip and let it acknowledge the four directions and the spirit. With my eyes closed I moved in patterns, urging myself to go faster with more control. Nothing mattered except the blade and our dancing flight.

I felt the warmth of the sun recede and knew that it was closing towards evening. I acknowledged the five directions with the sword and pulled out my daggers to begin their dance. Opening my eyes from time to time, I continued until I was drained. I slid the daggers in their sheaths and sank to the ground on my knees, head bowed, focus drifting. The stifling heat of the night and the sounds of crickets closed around me. I smelled cloves and felt Ezra's presence before he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Where's Taurin?"

"I told him that you were envisioning him at the receiving end of your sword."

I gave a short burst of laughter to that, "Did he leave?"

"Yes. He will see us at the motel."

"When we call the Affairs' Office."

"Yes."

"Is he afraid of you?" I whispered without looking up.

Ezra said nothing, just placed his hand in front of me. I waved it away as I usually did.

When we reached the motel Taurin was waiting for us outside. Without a word I opened the door. Ezra carried a copper bowl from the jeep and placed it on the dresser in front of the mirror. He then went through the motions of summoning the Chronicler of Affairs' for me.

Ezra's whispered words called the chronicler through the mirror above the motel's dresser. She was seated in front of a desk that held a slim, illuminated blue laptop and a glass bowl. A dignified, but hurried appearance was evident in her demeanor. Her shiny, brown hair was done up in a tight bun, gold wire rimmed glasses perched on her nose. "Warrant?"

I rustled the sheet of paper that I took from Carlos last night.

"Rate?"

"All alive."

She actually looked up from her typing when I said that. 'All alive' meant that not only were the hunters alive, but the hunted was too. Her expression remained stern.

"Accounting?"

"Bonded," I maintained the same tone she was giving me.

Her head cocked slightly to the side, "Who has Taurin bonded to?" "Dove Hawthorne," I replied.

She gave me a perplexed look and demanded suspiciously, "Confirm."

I drew my blade and skimmed it on the bowl's rim. It vibrated with two distinct notes, sending echoing notes like crystal glass on her side.

There was a weighted silence from her for a few moments, then the continued tap of typing. "Warrant and Taurin," she continued. Taurin stepped in front of the mirror. With a macabre smile on his face he placed his fingertips on the bottom of the bowl and gave her a slight bowl. The glass bowl next to her frosted over with ice. She skimmed her ringed hand over it, each ring on her hand signifying an active warrant. I watched as the wide silver ring jerked on her middle finger. It shattered from her hand and clanged as it hit the bottom.

"Acknowledged," she said.

Ezra took the warrant and placed it in the copper bowl. The chronicler chanted a few words, sparked a match, and threw it in her glass bowl. Our warrant disintegrated in a quick flash of flame.

"Seen and recorded, to be relayed to the Office of Human and Supernatural Affairs'. Warrant and terms fulfilled in good faith. Payment in full to be deposited in your account." She paused before wiping her side of the mirror, "Dove, I would expect a summoning if I were you." I gave her a lopsided smile, "Seen and acknowledged, Aubrey." This caused her to smile grimly as she cleared the mirror.

akbunny
akbunny
190 Followers
12