Demon's Grace Ch. 11-12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man took a nervous sip of water and another took up the mantra. He directed his stare at me, "Since you now have two associates our expectations for you are going to be higher than for other demon hunters."

I grimaced and sighed.

"Do we bore you?" Someone new to chant at me.

I looked up into silvery eyes with my best sincere face, "No, of course not, attribute it to being attacked in an elevator in a building that's suppose to be attack proof."

"Is that a reprimand?"

Oh my, his nostrils were flaring despite the blandness of his tone. "Of course not." I even widened my eyes a bit for effect.

He caught on to my blatant bullshit and stood up quickly, barring his teeth at me. "You are not to question or even imply that we do not put your and everyone else's safety at the highest priority. Your manners leave something to be desired."

I looked him right in the eyes, "My, my, grandma, what big teeth you have."

Taurin moved to stand slightly in front of me. For moments the only sound heard was the breathing in the room. Someone cleared their throat and continued talking while another urged silvery eyes to sit down. "As we said, our expectations for your team will increase, be ready for it. You are dismissed."

The werewolf, because I was sure that was what he was, called me, "Dove Hawthorne." I stared directly into those glowing eyes. "I will personally see to your safety."

A smile slowly spread on my face and I nodded. "The least I can do is return the favor. I'll make sure no demons come sneaking into your home late at night." Taurin and Ezra hurried me out of the room, one in front and one in back.

Annoyed, Taurin remarked, "You would pick a fight with a werewolf!"

"Why not? You did," I said in my most chipper voice.

Ezra laughed.

I caught Taurin giving me a considering look. Back in the waiting room the body was gone, there were only blood stains on the beige carpet. I felt like I was saying this a lot lately, but I said it one more time, "Let's go home."

Unfortunately, I promised myself to stop at the local police station. Once there I gave them the clue I didn't give the Affairs' Office, the demon mark. They were a bit suspicious when I said it burned away, as if I put a lighter to it and burned it myself! I gave them a crude drawing of what I remembered. Neither of the demons offered any help what so ever, stating that they weren't there when I was attacked. I was advised that I would be contacted when they had any leads. Which probably meant never. We left soon after that.

As we neared the Oregon state line Taurin looked at me gravely. "You should have left it to the Affairs' Office."

"Why are you bringing this up now?" My brow furrowed as I looked at him, "And why are you sitting in the front seat?"

"We decided to take turns."

"Well, it's my jeep and I don't want you in front," I said.

Taurin brought his sunglasses down to look at me and Ezra leaned forward to place his hand on my shoulder. "Stop, Dove." I felt his warm hands massage my neck. "I like it back here. From here I can do other things than if I was in front." I made a startled noise as he started nipping.

Taurin continued. "The civilian police have no training to do any type of thorough investigation with demons. Outsiders do not need to be appraised of our situation. I will be doing an investigation."

I felt my anger rise. "You know whose mark that was, don't you?! They...," I gave a surprised yip and the jeep swerved. Ezra bit down hard on my neck and licked the skin caught between his teeth. "I'm driving, dammit! And, fine, I'll calm down!"

"If anything it will put the civilian police in danger. Most forces don't have the people they need to do any in depth detective work. You know it, I know it, and they know it. Their people would just get slaughtered. They are not going to do anything except report it to the Affairs' Office."

I looked at Taurin briefly from the side of my eye. "You're right, but I'm a human and they're suppose to." I paused briefly, "Maybe I should join the police force."

Ezra bit down hard on a different place, causing me to jump again.

Taurin replied, "You get paid too nicely to go into the police force."

"True, but it's always an option if I decided to tell the Affairs' Office to shove it up their ass."

Taurin sighed with frustration.

"Pull over," Ezra said forcefully.

I did and looked behind me to see what was wrong. He kept his gaze on me as he said, "Taurin, drive."

I looked over at Taurin in astonishment, "You can drive?"

He didn't respond.

"What's going on?" I said suspiciously.

Ezra placed himself between the seats and unbuckled me. I was in the back seat and half under him before I realized it. I glanced over to the driver's seat and found Taurin already in it.

"Uh..."

Ezra pulled me all the way under him. His eyes had turned to the night sky. "Fast learners," Ezra whispered to me at the same time I heard Taurin ask which one was the brake.

My eyes grew wide as he started to put the car in gear. "Oh no, this is so not- mmmmph." Ezra was full on kissing me. We almost rolled off the seat as Taurin hit the break too hard. I protested. "He can't drive and we're not doing this in front of him!"

Ezra gave me a look, "We are in back of him."

"Taking turns," came Taurin's smug reply.

"I'm not taking turns!" I shouted loudly as I pushed at Ezra. Ezra just smiled, smugly. The car swerved in little inches. "Don't try so hard, Taurin!"

After that Ezra was drowning me in his kisses, bites, and touches. When we reached the cabin the only thing Taurin said was that he hoped he could fog up the windows half as well as Ezra. I felt my blood gush to my head and couldn't look at either of them. If they were laughing I was glad I couldn't hear it.

12