Demonthorn Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We use fire to cook, to see at night and to keep us warm. It is of the earth and humanity at the same time, a bridge between the creations of the Goddess and ourselves. It gives me hope that the next day won't be as horrible and hard as the one before. Fire is our friend." Lora seemed to tumble these words out of her as if they were there the whole time and she just then found her voice.

"Interesting idea Lora, but I doubt that the God and Goddess had comfort in mind when they created fire." said Kelli with a small smile.

"I know, it is just every minute brings me closer to the time when I have to walk inside of that room and either change into the ultimate weapon against The Master or I just get swept up into ashes and put into a jar on a mountaintop." Lora said, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Kelli moved over to the small pallet that Lora was sitting on and embraced her, tucking her head into her chest.

"Do you hear that?" Lora nodded. "That is my heartbeat and as long as it is still going I will do two things. I will kill every demon I see, and I will train you to do the same."

Kelli released Lora and looked into the younger woman's tear streaked face.

"You do know that tomorrow will be your last day of training, right?" Lora looked surprised. "The night before someone enters a trial is always given to the initiate. It's sort of a last meal thing. Some women go to the House. Some go back home if they live nearby. Some pray to the God and Goddess."

"What should I do?" Asked Lora.

"Whatever you want!" said Kelli loudly. "You will have a whole day where nothing on Ravencrag will be refused to you. You can do whatever you want, go wherever you want. That's the point."

"Complete freedom..." Mused Lora. "I won't know what to do with it."

"Honestly, that is a problem for the day after tomorrow." Said Kelli, backing away to her own bed. "You will have enough trouble getting to sleep tonight as it is.

It turned out Lora didn't have any trouble going to sleep at all. Exhaustion overtook her shortly after she lay down, her mind dancing with possibilities and with the hope that she might indeed be able to embody fire and walk out alive.

12