Derby Line Marriage Ch. 27

Story Info
Hanna and Jovita plan a family.
830 words
3
4.8k
1
0

Part 27 of the 32 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/12/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jtuf
jtuf
19 Followers

Jovita and Hanna sat at a table with a book on Jewish law in front of each of them. Hanna was giving background for the text they were studying, but Jovita's mind wasn't focused on the lesson. Her eyes wandered to the stack of artwork in the corner of Hanna's small apartment. Then they glanced out the window. The autumn weather was inviting, but Jovita was stuck inside learning with Hanna.

Hanna touched the back of Jovita's hand to emphasize a point. "So the 613 commandments were given by Hashem to the Jews, while the 7 Noahide Laws are the universal morals he gave to all of humanity. The 7 Noahide laws are: Don't murder, don't steal, don't curse Hashem, don't worship Idols, don't commit sexual immorality, don't eat parts ripped off of a live animal, and establish courts of justice."

Jovita returned her attention to her partner. "Sexual immorality is a vague term. What exactly is forbidden?"

"Adultery and incest are prohibited," Hanna answered.

Jovita flipped to the section about sexual immorality in her book and skimmed it. "This book says that same-sex relationships are also sinful," she said as she gave Hanna a wry look. "I'm not going to follow that opinion."

"It's a book, not a rabbi," Hanna explained. "It's just a guide. Only a rabbi has authority to declare things sinful."

"Then what does your rabbi say about homosexuality?" Jovita asked.

"I'm between rabbis at the moment," Hanna sheepishly confessed.

"For how long?"

"Several years. I lost count."

Jovita brushed Hanna's cheek. "Maybe it's time you gave yourself permission to follow your heart instead of listening to clergy."

Hanna took Jovita's hand in her own. "Maybe you're right."

Jovita looked Hanna in the eyes. "What do you think about the morality of same-sex relationships among non-Jews?"

Hanna knew her response would be problematic. "Lesbianism is OK, but man to man sex is not. Men are supposed to focus their desires on creating the next generation. It's not just about gay sex. Celibacy is also wrong for a man, because they are obligated to procreate."

Jovita sat back in her chair. "I plan on supporting my sons' reproductive decisions no mater what their orientations are. They can be gay, straight, bi, or even celibate if they want. It's all OK by me."

Hanna paused to consider Jovita's position. "I guess, it's fine for your sons because they won't be Jewish, but I expect my sons to give me grandkids."

Jovita accepted the compromise. "You said that religion is inherited matrilineally. We'll just raise my kids Catholic and your kids Jewish. There's no need to go through all this Noahide stuff."

Hanna paused before answering, "I'm not sure how I feel about raising my kids in a house with crucifixes."

"What's wrong with crucifixes?" Jovita inquired.

Hanna tapped her fingers on the table nervously. "Praying to a carving of a man is a bit idolatrous."

Jovita glared at Hanna. "I don't pray to the crucifix. I pray to Jesus. The crucifix only helps to focus my mind on him."

Hanna declined to mention that she found the concept of praying to a dead man nearly as problematic. Instead, she offered an olive branch. "Some scholars say that Christianity and Islam are Noahide religions because they are ethical monotheistic faiths that worship Hashem." She got up and put the books away on her shelf. "You just follow your traditions and teach them to your kids. I won't say anything else on the matter."

Jovita stood behind Hanna and embraced her. "That settles it. Your kids will be Jewish and mine will be Catholic."

Hanna turned to face Jovita while remaining in her arms. "Speaking of kids, some scholars say that Jesus was courting Mary of Magdalene in the hopes of marrying her, because, as a Jewish man, he was obligated to start a family. That theory gives new meaning to Judas's betrayal. Perhaps Judas was upset that Jesus was putting his personal life over his mission to save the world. Modern Malthusianists echo Judas's sentiments when they say that we must restrict birth rates for the sake of the planet."

Jovita kissed Hanna's forehead. "We can agree on that last part. I have no love for antinatalists. I want a big family."

Hanna rubbed Jovita's nose with her own. "Me too." She stroked her lover's hair. "What do you want our kids to look like?"

"I hadn't though about it," Jovita said.

"How about you use a sperm donor who looks like me, and I'll use a sperm donor who looks like you. That way our kids will look like a mixture of the two of us," Hanna proposed.

"I like that idea," Jovita agreed.

Having settled on the religion and genetics of their future kids, Hanna and Jovita started making dinner. The meal was followed by a quiet evening lying on Hanna's bed as they watched a movie. It was late at night before they fell asleep together.

jtuf
jtuf
19 Followers