Destined to be Lovers

Story Info
Their fates were cast at birth.
12.1k words
4.7
22.5k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I deplaned from my transpacific flight, I heard my name being paged over the public address system at the Narita International Airport which is located on the outskirts of Tokyo. My flight had been delayed for more than two hours coming in from Honolulu so I expected that the travel agents in charge of our tour group would be more than a little anxious.

I was supposed to meet up with a larger group at the airport upon arrival so I was probably holding them up. I hoped that they were still waiting for me and found the announcement to be somewhat assuring. At least they hadn't forgotten about me.

We were supposed to be assembling in the South Wing of the terminal, where a lot of the international flights come through. The travel agency was supposed to have arranged for a lounge or a meeting room for all of us to assemble in before going through customs and immigration as a group.

And sure enough, there was a sign with the name of the travel agency and what looked like several very anxious travel agents who were trying to be on the lookout for all of the delayed arrivals like me. Coming in on different flights, we were all assembling at Narita before going north to Sapporo to take in its annual Snow Festival, as well as doing some general sight seeing.

I approached one of the agents, a very good looking, mid to late twenty's looking Japanese woman, and introduced myself, "Konbanwa (hello), namae wa Sekimura Peter desu (my name is Peter Sekimura)." In many Asian countries, a person's surname is mentioned first.

That threw the travel agent off balance as at first glance I don't look Asian at all. My slightly almond shaped black eyes and black hair are the only features that set me apart from the typical Caucasian male. I'm a third generation product of a Japanese father and a Scandinavian mother. Born and raised in Honolulu, I am a little ignorant of Japan and things Asian. But my father's mother, whom we all called "obaachan" or grandmother in Japanese, had lived with us for most of my life. From the old country, she had taught me a few rudimentary words and phrases that I still remember to this day. And I had visited the country with my parents over the years, so I used what I knew.

The agent turned to face me and I felt a momentary warmth flush quickly through my body. But in an instant it was gone. I was bewildered by what happened. I didn't know what to make of it however was spared from embarrassing myself as the travel agent then smiled and blushed in her embarrassment at being surprised by my non-Japanese appearance. She quickly recovered and scanned her list of passengers before finding my name and checked it off.

"Sekimura-san, ogenki desuka (Mr. Sekimura, how are you)?" she asked.

"Gomenasai, (excuse me) I don't really speak much Japanese." I laughed. Which caused her to laugh as well.

"Sorry, you surprise me. My name Shonan Sayuri. I am travel guide for group."

"Nice to meet you. And, oh yes, I am fine, genki desu."

That caused Sayuri to laugh, "So you understand and speak Japanese?"

"Yes, but I understand very little; sukoshi wakaremasu."

After that quick introduction, I was escorted to the meeting room where another six passengers were waiting. We were invited to use the rest room and help ourselves to beverages and snacks that were available while we waited for the balance of our group to arrive.

Our group numbered eighteen people after another half hour. Four families with children and three singles including myself. There was supposed to be around fifty of us in total. We came from the western part of the US and we tried to introduce ourselves to each other.

We were all provided prior to our flight, with a passenger list along with our itineraries so we had the names of the people who were supposed to be in our group. I tried to meet all of the passengers in order to match faces with names. Almost impossible to remember the first time around.

There were the Walters and the Jordans from Los Angeles. And the Kramers and the two other singles, Steve Winfield and Jimmy Sommer, from Portland. And the Talbots from Seattle. The Talbots had an older daughter with them that was the living definition of 'eye candy' and she knew it.

She must have been in her early to mid twenty's and could have been featured in a Playboy or Penthouse magazine spread. She was gorgeous. Not sleazy. Not cheap looking at all. She just oozed sex appeal!

The two guys from Portland didn't have a chance. In fact, they were in deep 'flirt' when I tried to introduce myself to them. I might have taken up the chase myself but she was a little too young for me. Besides, she had Winfield and Sommer drooling all over her already.

Actually, it turned out to be kind of hilarious to watch Winfield and Sommer. As I introduced myself, Sommer made it quite clear with his body language and facial expressions that any advances in the Talbot girl's direction would not be appreciated. And Winfield wasn't any better.

It was going to be interesting to watch the competition for her affections between Winfield and Sommer. However that was tempered somewhat by the presence of Mr. Talbot; a really imposing looking sort of guy. He could have been Hulk Hogan's brother with his build and demeanor. And, he had his eye on the two guys and his daughter.

After about an hour, it was becoming apparent that no one else would be arriving that day. We later found out that the remaining parties were all coming out of Minneapolis and Chicago, and that both airports had been snowed in. It was probably that same snow storm that had caused my plane to arrive in Honolulu late and its subsequent late departure for Narita. Well, it was early February so being snowed in was just their bad luck. It couldn't have been helped.

Sayuri came in to let us know that the rest of our travel group would be coming later, and that we would be leaving in a few minutes to go through customs. Other travel agents working with her had already identified our bags and were standing by to accompany us through customs and immigration. Now this was service! The last time I had to go through customs and immigration with a tour group was on a trip to Heathrow. And it had been every man for himself.

They must have had some sort of pull with the customs and immigration people as we all went through without so much as a cursory glance at our forms before the inevitable stamps were placed in our passports. That had to have been the quickest that I have ever gotten through customs and immigration. I think it took our entire group of eighteen people less than fifteen minutes to be processed.

Before we knew it, we were outside of the terminal loading onto a large and very comfortable coach bus. And because we were a small group, each of us could have had a window seat if we wanted it.

As they were buttoning up the bus, Sayuri got on and took hold of the PA system microphone.

"Excuse please. We go hotel now. Rest of group delayed because bad weather. We hope they arrive soon, but now we go hotel so you may rest." And with that said, the bus left the terminal and made its way towards Tokyo's city center.

We were staying at the Park Hyatt in Tokyo. Located in the Shinjuku district in the heart of Tokyo, this 150 room hotel is a showcase property. Located in the Shinjuku Park Tower, the hotel itself occupied the top seventy five percent of the building. An interesting layout with its lobby located on the 41st floor, rooms started on the 14th floor and run all the way up to the 51st floor; the top floor of the hotel.

The view from the top is outstanding as one can see virtually all of Tokyo and parts of Yokohama, and all the way to Mt. Fuji in the distance. A spectacular hotel complete with several restaurants, gym, swimming pool, lounges, and more. It was billed as a four star hotel and it certainly lived up to its rating.

It must have taken us all of two hours to drive to the hotel from Narita Airport. Quite a long time however the hotel was conveniently located very close to the Shinjuku Train Station; a major hub of the railway system for the area. We would be catching the bullet train, the Shinkansen, for most of the trip up to Sapporo from Shinjuku Station the next morning. Shinjuku was also in the heart of Tokyo's business and government district so there were a lot of shops and restaurants in the immediate area.

Winfield and Sommer were both sitting with the Talbot girl and she was just eating up all of the attention that she was getting. All three looked as if they were about the same age. Their hormones must have been in high gear the entire ride in. She in full-on flirt mode, and they in a horn-dog frame of mind.

I probably would have been doing the same if I were their age, however having passed the big '3-0' more than a couple of years ago, I seemed to have mellowed a bit and no longer let my small head think for my big head; ......that is, I try to not let it ..... well, not too often ..... if you know what I mean.

Sayuri spent most of the drive time from the airport letting us know more about the various areas of the city as we passed through them. We finally pulled into the ground floor reception area of the hotel around four in the afternoon. Although it had been a long ride in, the comfort of the bus and Sayuri's monologue had kept us entertained and in good spirits.

As we got off the bus, the bell boys were busy off-loading our bags onto their luggage carts. Sayuri herded all of us together and asked that we proceed to the elevators and go to the 41st floor. I think we made it in four elevator cars. It was quite a trip up to the lobby, with my ears popping once or twice as we ascended.

As we got off the elevator, we were greeted by a concierge who escorted us to a series of sit down desks. Yes! Sit down so we wouldn't have to stand up the entire time! What a delight. I was impressed.

Sayuri arrived in the lobby with the final group and waited as we all checked in before checking in herself.

Smiling at her, I asked, "Will you be staying with us?"

"Hai (yes), one of reasons I enjoy being travel guide. I stay many nice hotels." She smiled in reply.

Before we all left for our rooms, Sayuri called everyone together for a quick meeting in the lobby;

"You are free tonight. Please to explore our city. Many good restaurants here next to hotel and inside building. Many understand English. Please try. I think you enjoy. Food very good. Shopping plaza also next to hotel. Very easy find. Your luggage should be in rooms now." I could see smiling faces in our group after she mentioned shopping opportunities to the group.

She continued, "Tomorrow morning, breakfast 7:30 am in Girandole Restaurant. We leave for bus tour 9:00 am then Shinjuku Train Station for trip to Sapporo. Please have suitcase packed and inside room before you come restaurant. Please enjoy your evening in Tokyo."

With that, we all left for our respective rooms. My room was located on the 37th floor. Although not close to the top of the building, it still enjoyed quite a nice view of Tokyo and the nearby Shinjuku Gyoen National Gardens. I found my bag sitting on a luggage rack conveniently located next to a closet. But as we weren't going to be there more than overnight, I chose to only unpack what I would need the next day.

It had been over a day and a half since I last had a chance to bathe, so that was the first thing I did. I had spent the better part of the day before at work, prior to leaving for the airport. Then I caught the early evening flight to Japan and spent eight and a half hours on the plane. I felt a little ripe around the edges.

The hot shower felt so relaxing. It worked wonders on any tiredness that I felt. After shaving and brushing my teeth, I felt renewed and ready to face the world again. So dressed in blue jeans and walking shoes with a warm sweater and my leather coat, I left the comfort of my room and ventured forth. The temperature must have been in the mid forty's when we arrived at the hotel so I dressed with the expectation that it would get colder as the evening progressed.

I stopped at the concierge at the lower lobby on the first floor and asked to be directed to a suitable place for dinner. And they directed me to a restaurant located three blocks away. I had asked that they direct me to a place that they would frequent themselves as I wanted to try food that locals ate, not the stuff that they would serve tourists. So armed with a map and the name of the restaurant, I headed out.

I guess I stood out like a sore thumb. Once I hit the sidewalk, everyone kind of stared at me. Well, it would have been hard for me to loose myself in any crowd in Japan with my height and obvious Caucasian features. No sense in letting that bother me. Perhaps this is how movie stars and famous musicians must feel when they venture out in public. So with a faux feeling of a little notoriety, I literally strutted down the sidewalk, silently chuckling to myself the entire time.

As I waited at the first intersection for the walk signal to come on, I heard my name called out; "Sekimura-san."

I turned to find Sayuri walking up to me, dressed casually herself in a sweater top and scarf, blue jeans and boots, covered up with a long top coat.

"Sayuri." I smiled as I called back to her.

"Where you going?"

"Dinner. And you?"

"Dinner also." She smiled. "You know eating place?"

And I showed her the map that the concierge had given me. "Ah, good restaurant. Food is good. I eat there before."

"Please join me," I asked.

"Ok, but I must pay my share. Ok?"

"That's fine with me." I replied. With that, Sayuri playfully linked her arm through mine and off we went when the traffic signal changed.

The restaurant turned out to be a small diner. As we entered, we were greeted by a hostess who took our coats and seated us. After bringing us hot tea and menus, she took our orders. Sayuri had some sort of barbecued chicken dinner while I had a dinner of raw seafood served on a bed of sushi rice.

"Peter," she asked, "you like sashimi (raw fish)?"

"Yes. I really enjoy a lot of different raw seafoods." And I rattled off a number of raw items that I have enjoyed in the past including different types of raw fish, raw clams, raw squid, sea urchin eggs, flying fish eggs, and other notable items.

"You must eat before then?"

"Hai. I am from Hawaii where we enjoy a lot of raw seafood."

"So desu. I see." She noted. "What part Hawaii you from?" she asked.

"From Honolulu. Have you had a chance to visit there?"

"I hope one day. I must save money first."

"So Sayuri, how long have you been a travel agent?"

"This job I am two years. Before I work as office manager for engineer. But office close because no work. So I try tour guide. Is ok."

"Office manager sounds like a lot of responsibilities."

"Was good job. My office eighteen people. I manage all. Some ok, some give me hard time. But my responsibility make sure work is done."

"Sounds like some late nights also."

"Yes, every month have to make sure everything done. Sometimes have to stay late."

"It must have been hard on your personal time. I hope that your husband or boyfriend was ok with that."

Sayuri laughed, "Peter-san, you funny. You can just ask if I have husband or boyfriend. Is ok."

I laughed in return. "Ok, but I really did think that the late hours must be hard on a husband or boyfriend. I know because I have the same problem some times."

She touched my arm, "So you understand?" she said looking into my eyes; seeking affirmation of my understanding.

I nodded my head in agreement. "That is why I am here on this trip by myself."

"Most unfortunate for you Peter-san. Not have companion for trip."

"And yourself, Sayuri. Do you have a husband or boyfriend?"

"I have same problem; they no understand my job. Sometimes I away one week, two week. They think I play when I take tour."

"I am sorry Sayuri."

"Please don't be sorry for me. It show me they not ready trust me. It show me that relationship was not good."

"You will find someone Sayuri. You are very pretty and easy to talk to."

"Thank you Peter." She said with a smile on her face.

After a little more conversation, we left the restaurant to walk back to our hotel. I extended my arm to her and she playfully responded by linking her arm with mine again. This time with a big smile. The night air had gotten a lot colder which made us turn up our collars.

"Is cold Peter, yes?"

"Very cold Sayuri. Are you warm enough?" I could feel her shiver every other step.

"Is cold. I think tomorrow night I wear warmer clothes."

"I agree. I think a hot bath sounds very good right now."

She laughed, "Hai. Long hot bath. Maybe with sake to make warm inside."

"That would work for me, too." I replied with a smile.

By the time we arrived back at the hotel, Sayuri was visibly shivering. As we entered the first floor lobby, I opened my leather coat and hugged Sayuri to me, hoping to share some of my body warmth. She responded by hugging me back, then placed her hands under my sweatshirt on my bare back. Her cold hands made me jump as she touched me.

"Wow, you're cold." I stated as I hugged her tightly.

Sayuri snuggled deeper into my coat, "Sorry. You warm; I like," she sighed.

"I like this also," I said as she raised her eyes to look me in the eye.

"You like this?"

"I like hugging you. You feel good."

She smiled, "then you must hug me more."

"I would like that." I replied.

Then she sighed, "but I must be travel agent first. So this all we can do. Ok?"

"I understand Sayuri. Work is work. So while you are working, I will respect that your tour guide responsibilities come first."

"Thank you Peter."

"But when you're not working, will I be able to spend time with you?"

"We'll see. Maybe. I want also, but work is first. Ok?"

I smiled back at her. Sayuri wanted to spend time with me also.

-------------------

I was up very early the next morning. Japan, being one day ahead yet 6 hours behind, had my body clock out of sync. 3 am in Japan meant that it was 9 am in Hawaii, which would have been a late wake up for me. So my body clock thought that I had slept in! No matter how long I tried going back to sleep, it wasn't going to happen. So I got up, did my morning rituals, had a nice hot shower, repacked my bags, then caught up with emails until it was time to go to breakfast. Boy was I tired that first day.

I met up with the rest of the group at the Girandole Restaurant as planned. We had a couple of stragglers however no one was seriously late. And the ongoing competition between Winfield and Sommer continued to provide entertainment for most of us. Although I'm sure that Talbot's father did not think it humorous at all.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. We enjoyed a full breakfast buffet that gave us a wide range of western and asian choices. As we ate, Sayuri told us to make sure that we placed our bags outside our doors, then to meet in the first floor lobby for our bus tour ride in the morning before our drop off at the Shinjuku Train Station for the ride up to Sapporo.

So we all returned to our rooms, made a last minute bathroom stop, placed our bags outside our doors, then proceeded to the lobby. As we loaded onto the bus, someone in our group noticed that our bags were not to be seen. Sayuri explained that our bags were going ahead of us by freight train and would be available to us at our destination when we checked in.

The first item on our agenda was a half day bus tour of Tokyo and the surrounding areas. We did a quick tour of the Shinjuku Gyoen and Central Park, then a tour of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building. That was a huge structure that housed the administrative units of most of the prefecture's governmental structure. We were informed that it had been financed years ago with lottery proceeds! Imagine that.