Destiny in Sweetwater Ch. 01

Story Info
A marriage?
1.1k words
4.44
15.1k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/23/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following is a complete work of fiction. The following story contains erotic situations between consenting adults. If it is illegal for you to read this please leave now. Any resemblance between the characters and any real life person is completely coincidental. Please do not copy or distribute the story without the author's permission

Happy reading and remember to vote if you liked it!

Chapter 1

Emy looked out of the dusty window of the diner she was sitting in and didn't even hear the waitress asking if she needed anything else. The waitress gently touched her arm and asked softly.

"Can I get you anything else?"

"Directions, if you have them." Emy turned her face back to the window.

"I'm supposed to go to the Rider ranch, the Double J."

"Oh, that's easy. If you leave here head on out of town for about a mile and turn right at the first chance you get. The homestead is about seven miles off the main road. Are you applying for the housekeeper position?"

"Sort off, can I have the check please and I'll be out of your hair."

"Not a problem." The waitress handed Emy the bill and she pulled out a twenty-dollar bill and paid it got up from the table and left the diner.

Outside she slipped on her sunglasses and got into the brand new Ford pick-up truck she bought a month ago.

Before she drove off she said a little prayer for strength and courage then pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road towards her destiny.

***

Josh saw the dust rise from the ground as a black Ford pick-up traveled along the drive toward the house. He dropped the saddle he just took off the horse on the coral fencing and walked towards the front of the house were he knew the car would come to a stop. He and the car reached the front of the house simultaneously.

He watched a young girl get out of the car and walk towards him. He could see in the way she walked that she knew about hard and living of the land. Suddenly he realized who She was.

"You must be Emy McCormack." He walked to meet her half way and extended a hand to greet her properly.

"You must be Josh Rider." She shook his hand and Josh was amazed by her soft voice.

"Well, I guess now that we know who we are, I can get you settled so we can get this out of the way. I need to be in Fort Worth in two days and Dallas three days after that." Josh walked to the back of the truck and started uploading the luggage.

"Do you need me to go with you?" Emy asked.

"No, I'll do this run by myself. But I need to know you'll be able to handle things while I'm gone." Josh hauled two bags up the front steps.

"Why, how long will you be gone?" Emy took up two bags her self.

"I'm not sure, but most probably three to four weeks."

"Wait," Emy grabbed his sleeved arm as he walked passed her and stayed him in his tracks.

"You're going to leave me alone here for a month?" Emy started laughing.

"You can't be serious, you don't even know me."

"I know enough. Anyway if I can't trust you, who can I trust right." He smiled and turned away.

"Is this all you brought?" He asked.

"For now, my horse will only be here in a week." She said.

"Well, grab a bag and come on through. I'll show you where to get settled then I have to finish up with Phoenix and we can go into town."

***

Emy turned full circle in the kitchen and knew she had to first make inventory and find out where everything was before she could get started.

"Well, I'll do that after Josh has left." She said to herself.

"Good idea." Emy jumped when she heard his voice coming from the doorway. Josh pushed away from the door jam and walked onto the kitchen.

"We have to be in town in an hour. We can go in my car. We should be back in about two hours."

"Well, in that case I'll go change and meet you outside in ten minutes." She looked at him expectantly.

"That's fine, but make it twenty minutes I need to take a shower."

Josh left Emy in the kitchen and headed up stairs. He heard her follow him up two minutes later and heard her rummage through her luggage looked for something to wear.

When he got downstairs he found her sitting on the bench on the front porch looking extremely feminine.

"Ready to go?"

"As I'll ever be." Josh walked to the car and opened the passenger door for her and waited for her to get in, then walked around and started the engine. They drove towards town in complete silence.

***

Emy walked quietly along side Josh. Suddenly she stopped him with a hand on his arm.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to have doubts afterwards."

"I am. Are you?" Josh saw the emotion play along her face and then saw the most beautiful smile God ever created.

"Yes." She said it softly.

"Wait here, I'll be right back." He left Emy and walked to meet the man who was waiting for them. Emy looked at Josh's back and realized he looked so much different from when she first laid eyes on him. Dressed in well-washed jeans and a crisp white shirt he looked like any other man on a Saturday afternoon, but the boots and hat gave him away for a rancher.

Emy thought back to the first time that she saw Josh, six years ago. She was relieved he didn't recognize her, otherwise things would just be awkward between them. She wondered if she'd ever have the nerve to tell him she's in love with him.

Lost in her thoughts she didn't realize Josh was walking towards her. Josh looked at Emy, feeling a funny feeling I the pit of his stomach at the picture she made.

He thought she was beautiful in jeans and shirt but she looked phenomenal in a calf length skirt and flowing blouse that covered her. And high heels that he thought would be impossible to walk on.

"Emy . . . he's ready for us." Josh held his hand out to her and led her past rows of empty seats.

"I asked my wife and daughter to act as witnesses."

"That's great John, I think we should just start, nothing fancy OK." Josh laugh.

"You got it Josh." Josh looked at Emy and asked softly: "Ready?" she nodded once and turned towards the man he called John. He smiled at her as if to reassure her and started talking.

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today, to join this man and this woman in Holy matrimony . . . "

To be continued . . .