Detective Spring Ch. 01

Story Info
A Mysterious beginning.
2.1k words
4.5
15.2k
28

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/15/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy.

Warning: Unlike my usual where I have sex in every chapter there is not in this book. There is a good bit of teasing but no sex until chapter 8.

Thank you,

Bloodwoman

*****

"Hello, I'm looking for a Detective Spring. I'm here to talk to her about a case." An older woman asked the officer at the front desk, I looked up from my computer studying her, where I had met the woman before. She was most likely in her mid forties, her attire stating that she was most definitely not poor but also not insanely rich, overly substantial is what the kids are calling it these days. Of course now with the complete integration of the supernaturals, who knows what they would be calling it next.

The cop at the front desk waved the woman towards my desk and I motioned to the seat at the end of the worn, free standing wooden desk. It really needed to be replaced but I had grown attached to it, so here it sat.

"Hello, I am Detective Spring. And you are?" I asked as I put out my hand and slipped my heels back onto my feet, it had been a long night. I had been called in on my night off and had been on my feet up until about thirty minutes ago and they were killing me.

She accepted the gesture and then sat back in her chair. "Sorry, we haven't met, my name is Clare Dumont. I believe you know my son Mark, he used to talk about you a lot, so i knew you were a detective and thought that maybe, you might be able to help."

"Yeah, it's been a while, what is it you think I might be able to help you with?" I asked turning my chair to the side and crossing my legs, thank God I had a white button down and black dress pants in my locker or I would be sitting here in a black mini skirt and plunging neck line.

"Well he's been missing for two weeks now, and before you say it, I've already been to missing persons, they've had the case for just over a week and haven't found anything. No, as much as I hate to think it I believe my son may be dead. And I believe I know who murdered him." She said looking more and more depressed by the second. I took out a note pad and jotted down some notes before I prompted her to continue. "His name is Marcus Hadden, Mark had started dating this girl, Kelly Sauer, turned out to be this Marcus persons ex girlfriend but he was completely possessive of her and threatened Mark to stay away from her or something bad might happen and well you know Mark. He paid no mind to the work out junky and continued to date her up until two weeks ago, when they both turned up missing. And I like most people thought that they had just run off for couple of days but when he didn't pick up my calls i started to worry and went to look for this Marcus character, he's been missing too and for just as long." I took some more notes, names, places I might start looking like gyms and the bars Mark used to frequent.

"Ok this looks like a good bit to get started with, is there anything else you can think of that would be of help?" I asked hoping for a little more than a hunch and the desperation of a mother.

"Not that I can think of." She said.

I held out a card for her, "Ok, here's my card, it has both of my numbers on it if you can think of anything that would help, please don't hesitate to call me, no matter what time, day or night. I will do my very best to find out what happened to your son and his girlfriend." I said sincerely and stood, I shook the woman's hand again and then sat back down as Mrs. Dumont left my sight. I sighed heavily. I had been called in to deal with some higher ups, but I had just finished up my last case a couple of days ago so I was free, for now anyway. I took a deep breath and started research on the four names I had been given, trying to find something to start out with come tomorrow, I didn't have much hope but I just had to look. Mark was a sweet guy, handsome and loving, it wasn't his fault we broke up, it was mine. I had secrets, secrets I could only share with people I truly trusted and cared for and I had no one like that in my life. It wasn't his fault he couldn't be that for me, it was mine. I had way too many walls up to hide myself and keep my heart from getting hurt or involved even a little bit.

I found out where Marcus Hadden worked out and an address for where Kelly Sauer maintained residence and decided that was enough to start with tomorrow. Considering it was ten when Mrs. Dumont came in and now it was three in the morning, I was dead tired and needed to get some sleep if I was going to be of any use come morning.

--------------------------

I awoke to the smell of coffee brewing and glanced over at my clock, it was already well passed noon and I seriously needed to get out of bed but my heavy eyelids told a different story as I snuggled back into my sheets.

My home was an old Brownstone, like they have in New York or L.A.. Only mine was the only one left in the city, it had been part of a row but after only thirty years after building they had gone out of style and no one wanted to buy or rent them anymore. Twenty years after that they tore them down out from around me. I loved mine so much that I bought my set of three apartments and renovated it making it all one home. I renovated it again two years ago to keep it modern and up to date.

It now stood in the middle of a city block, businesses and offices surrounded it, but it was the quietest place in the city to be, come dark. Nothing happened here at night, all the businesses were closed and no other homes, or apartments, so it was completely quiet.

I finally rolled out of bed and jumped into the shower, after I dried off I got dressed in a button down black collared shirt, the first button starting just above my breasts, jeans, three inch ankle boots, my double shoulder holsters carrying my sig sauer and my beretta both with silver bullets and an ankle strap housing a micro pistol with wooden bullets just in case and grabbed my black leather jacket and headed down stairs. But only after throwing my still wet hair into a messy bun on the back of my head.

Marta, my live in house keeper, was washing dishes in the large farm style sink that was built into the large eat in island that sat in the middle of my kitchen. The granite countertop's went amazingly with the natural wood floors and cabinets, and the stainless steel appliances. I grabbed a coffee cup down from the metal rack that hung above the island, that held the pots and pans and a few other things that seemed like they went well there. And went and poured myself some coffee. I sighed, breathing in the delicious liquid as I turned to look at Marta, she had worked for me for over twenty years, then thirty, now she stood with the looks of an old woman. She never asked me why I didn't look aged but seemed to accept it and move on. Matter of fact no one living knew that little secret and even though the magical community had come out from hiding it didn't mean I ever would, to humans and sups alike, I seemed human unless I stayed around too long like with Marta but since no one lives around me or knows where I live and the businesses changed more frequently than I should have, I haven't needed to move in a very long time. I had only become a detective four years ago and before that I was a private detective under a different name. And ten years before that I was a bounty hunter under yet again a different name.

I was a hybrid, half vampire, half werewolf, with a splash of magic mixed in. There had been prophecies in the old days, then researchers claimed it all a hoax, then the rumors came back to haunt me. More were scared of the idea of such a thing, than not and the councils had vowed if they ever met such a creature that they would kill it on sight. I was screwed when it came to everyone else and since no one could scent what I truly was, all I had to do was change it up every once and a while.

I chugged down the rest of my coffee and set the cup down next to the sink. "Thanks, Marta. See you later." I called as I walked across the open concept home, to the front door.

"Dinner will be ready at seven, or shall I just assume bring it by the office...again?" Marta asked just as my hand touched the door knob. I turned to look at her and smiled.

"You know me too well, see you later." I said and pulled the door open.

"Just call if you meet a nice boy to take you to dinner instead." Marta called and then laughed as I scoffed then laughed and closed the door behind me. She knew I never dated and even if I did it was a one night thing and I never brought them home.

I threw on my leather jacket, even though there was only a light breeze outside. But when you drive a convertible, even a slight breeze can become cold quick. I skipped down to the street and jumped into my dark blue, 1967 Camero, I had completely restored it a couple of years ago, but this past summer the convertible top had broken and I hadn't felt the need to get it fixed until now.

Driving down main street, I was heading over to Kelly Sauer's last known place of residence. Mark's mother had said that they had both went missing but I doubted if she had put much effort into finding the girl, when all she really wanted was to find her son. This Kelly person, just happened to be in the picture at the time of the disappearance. She could care less about her, but it did give me a decent lead into figuring out what happened to Mark. She only lived about fifteen minutes from me, when I pulled up to her ranch style home the street was quiet, almost too quiet for this type of neighborhood. As I walked up the front walk way, I noticed the house seemed empty but the car was still in the drive. After knocking several times, I made my way around the back, jumping the fence. I went to try the handle on the back entrance but the door was cracked open and the glass shattered near the handle. I pulled my barretta out of its holster and held it at the ready as I checked over every room, nook and cranny throughout the home. Until I reach the back bedroom, the closed door couldn't keep the stench of rotting flesh from reaching me, and as I opened the door it only became worse, the woman who lay decomposing on the bed was most likely Kelly, if the blond hair and fake orange tan were anything to go by. I covered my nose and head back out into the living room as I dialed the phone for the station.

"Yeah this is Spring, I've got a body at 315 Polluck rd. Looks like a fight took place and a break in occurred, send forensics. Oh and tell the Captain he can stop riding my ass about finding a case, I found one." I said and hung up the phone, this was not boding well for Mark, either he's dead too or he killed his girlfriend. Either way it sounded like a good bit of paperwork for me. I decided to wait by my car other wise someone from forensics might try and say that I soiled the crime scene once again. I didn't feel like hearing their mouth today.

Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers