Detective Spring Ch. 04

Story Info
Assault and a deeper knowledge.
4.7k words
4.63
8.2k
12

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/15/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers

Thirteen minutes later we were pulling up in front of the Sans.

The Mayor and Captain, had just arrived and were being seated at a round table as we walked up.

"Ah, there you are, Mayor Winslow, this is Detective Alys Spring. My very best agent and this is Detective Arden Haze one of our supernatural correspondents, that are down here on a case." He introduced and then we all sat down Arden on my left, the Mayor on my right and of course the Captain across from me.

"So Mr. Haze..." The Mayor started.

"Please call me Arden." Arden said smiling, the look was one he had most likely used a thousand times, it seemed as if he has been in this position before, a true salesman. Funny and I thought I was good at this.

"Right, Arden. What is it like working for the supernatural agency?" Winslow asked.

"Well right now its still a bit unorganized, don't get me wrong the supernatural community has always had its structure. But this is a very new approach to it, being completely out in the open has brought certain problems and advantages. But our agency is still working out the kinks, luckily my partner and I have plenty of experience as private detectives and even before that as guards for certain high profile members in our community." Arden articulated well and did so without inadvertently spilling any of the councils secrets or the secret that there was in fact a council, several actually. One for every kind of sup and one that had one of each on it, just incase there was ever a need for a supreme ruling.

"Interesting and Miss Alys, I believe you are supposed to make some big speech on why I should give your department more money." The Mayor said knowingly as he fluffed his napkin into his lap and looked back up at me expectantly.

"Yes, well I could give you a wonderfully eloquent speech about how our entire system needs upgrading or how we need new protective gear or new cells because the bars are starting to corrode away. But im not going to do that, in all seriousness sir, if you want to keep your city safe you will give the department the money that it needs, because its the right thing to do." I paused for a moment but he didn't seem to be thinking along the same lines as I was. "Look three weeks ago our computer system shut down for eight hours backing up our paperwork process by a couple of days, four days ago one of our officers Rodrift was shot, should have been fine because he was wearing a vest but the vest was old and the bullet tore right through it and last but not least. Two months ago a prisoner escaped because three bars came loose on his cell and he was able to squeeze through them, as he tried to escape he injured three officers and a one of their wives. Before i had to take him down when he got ahold of one of their guns. He could have killed any number of people if I hadn't have gotten to him first. We have to be able to protect the citizens and to do that we have to be confident in the equipment we use to protect ourselves and catch the perpetrators." I said and shrugged off my jacket and purse placing them on the back of my chair.

"Well there's something to be said for blunt attractive women, they certainly get the job done thats for sure. Im sold, Flint why don't you fax that paperwork on cost over to my office in the morning. Now what say we have a couple drinks and a laugh or two and forget about work for one night." He said with a chuckle just as the waiter appeared at his side.

I looked down at the menu but then hear a wonderfully pleasant and familiar French voice walk up next to me. "No, no, this wont due. You will have the chefs specialty and our most expensive wine."

"The most expensive, that might be a bit over board." I said looking up into the beautiful blue eyes of Odessa Gana, I knew her thirty years ago when we had both supposedly just moved to the area, she told me she was moving away five years later. She was also a vampire without any ties so she could do what she wished.

She put her hands on her hips, "Well that depends, its only ridiculous if you are actually throwing it over board." I stood as she pulled me into a firm hug, that would most likely have a human gasping for air. "Wow, You look amazing, thirty years and you don't look as if you have aged a day. If I didn't know better." She said appraising me, her thick French accent ringing true.

"And you, looking amazing as always. Is this place yours?" I asked as I sat back down and she pulled a chair up to our table, placing my chair even closer to Arden's.

"Oui, oui, it is, the vampires are out in the open now, I even have alternative blood sources on my menu. But..so I thought, now I can truly live my dream and open a true French restaurant, like I have aways wanted right here in America. So I did, with true French chefs and true French recipes. But not French waiters, they are the worse, just do their job and done, no more." She chuckled as we all did, "I kid but no, please let me serve you. The best of my best is what you will have, ok." She said and jumped out of her seat and went back to the kitchens, seemed like only seconds later a waiter was at the table with a bottle of wine pouring glasses.

I swung my legs back around to get readjusted in my seat and accidently hit Arden's legs with my own. Instantly his hand was on my leg and tingles spread through out my skin, where ever his hand brushed. He seemed to feel something too because he took a deep breath and sighed as he slowly slid his hand off of my leg. I moved again and a knife fell off the table, Arden caught it mid air but it cut his hand. Gently cupping his hand in mine I took the knife from it. I looked down at the cut, it wasn't bad and would most likely heal in seconds.

I looked up at Arden who had a look of shock on his face, but in a good way if there was such a thing, it was then I realized that I had gotten his blood on one of my fingers and now that finger was in my mouth. His blood was excellent, rich and thick, better than any wine, the feeling that rushed through my veins was one of pure power and belonging. I could feel my eyes starting to go crazy once again and closed them, looking down as I grabbed a napkin and used it to clean the excess blood from his hand. The Mayor and Captain didn't seem to notice a thing, though Arden was breathing a little heavier next to me. Did how I reacted to his blood mean something or is that just how his blood makes people react.

No matter my age, I had never had a reaction like that to anyones blood and I had tasted more than my fair share. I could still feel its effects trickling down my spine. I could feel myself overheating, light sweat forming on the back of my neck and sweet radiance start to blossom in my core. One drop of his blood and I was so horny I was considering jumping him right here and now.

"If you will excuse me." I said in an involuntarily husky voice and quickly walked back to the bathroom, forcing myself not to look back at Arden as I left the table, even though I felt his eyes on me still. Once in the bathroom, sighing deeply and leaned over onto the marble counter, I brushed my hair to my right side and turned on the water, splashing my face and neck with the cool liquid. I could not sit through dinner feeling like this, I had to find a way to cool down. I looked up into the mirror, my eyes weren't going crazy like I thought, no they were kind of glowing silver. Well that's not so bad, I could pass that off as just having bright eyes. But this heat, the moment I step out of this bathroom every sup in the place will know that I'm keyed up and ready to play ball.

Suddenly the bathroom door swung open and a second later I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and spin me into the wall. His hard body pinning me there, but it wasn't the one that I wanted, it was Hank. Easiest cool down ever, but now im pissed.

"Get off of me." I growled at him, but he did not move.

"You are mine Alys, why don't you admit it so we can move passed this." He said in a deceptively calm voice.

"Really, thats why your here." I laughed. "The last person that thought that lost both of their heads for thinking he could just take what he thought was his but in all reality was not. Now let me go and I will pretend this never happened, push me and you will regret it." I said sounding more dark by the second, no one owned me, certainly not this prick. Still he did not move.

"Let me go." I said firmly while pushing lightly against him, but lightly for me was strong for a human. He just smiled and forced a hard bruising kiss onto my lips. I felt him pulling up at the sides of my dress and was about to throw my force into him when suddenly he was being ripped from my body and thrown across the room. I looked up to see Arden standing there in front of me, protecting me from Hank. Suddenly I felt like a liar, a cheat, he thought he was saving a normal weak human woman not someone most likely more powerful than him, I didn't want to lie to him even if the lie was an assumption. God how I wished what I thought about him was true, but it had been so long I was beginning to think...and then there was the...

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Arden's smooth voice roll over my skin and his hand gently brush my cheek, he was wiping away a tear I hadn't even known I had shed.

"Are you alright?" He asked trying to remain calm, I could see the anger brimming the edges of him. Calling him back to the fight, that was the animal in him but the man wanted to be here with me, I could see it in him.

"I'm...yeah." I said looking into his eyes, his fingers interlocked with mine as he pulled us out of the bathroom and back into the dining area, when we reached our table. Odessa was at my side within an instant.

"Your not leaving already." She said and snapped her fingers towards no one in particular.

Arden spoke before I could, "Yes, I am sorry. But we've gotten a time sensitive lead in the case and we must go. It was nice seeing you again Odessa, I do hope we will meet again." He said and then said his apologetic goodbyes to the Mayor and Captain as I spoke to Odessa.

"Anytime you want pop in Alys, I will always have a table for my hero. Here dinner is on us, Qui." She said, her thick French accent slipping through as she snapped her fingers again and a waiter came up with a large box. I assumed it was filled with food. I scribbled my number on a napkin and handed it to her.

"Please don't be a stranger, you know where I stay. Come by anytime! Oh Odessa, there may be a knocked out werewolf in the ladies." I said as Arden took the box from the waiter. She smiled widely at me as I hugged her tightly just before we ran out of the doors and waited for the valet to bring my car around.

"You lied." It wasn't a question, I could tell by the look in his eyes when he said it. It was a lie and one I was grateful for, I did not want to sit there eating dinner knowing Hank was passed out in the bathroom and if he woke up he might make a scene or start a fight.

"Yes, I figured you would prefer to eat out after..." He paused as if not knowing the right way to continue.

"I do, thank you." I said with holding any emotion from my voice and threw on my jacket. I didn't want to seem vulnerable, even though all I really wanted to do was curl up in his arms. I internally shook myself, I barely knew the guy, I shouldn't want to cuddle with him and I certainly shouldn't want to share my secret with him. "I need to stop by the station before we head back."

"Right thats a plan, do you need to eat first?" He said sounding cold and distant.

"No, I'll eat some of this while I'm going over the reports back at the house, I would greatly appreciate your trained eye if you would like to join me for a glass of wine or two?" I asked walking over to the car, as the valet pulled it up and got out.

"Thats a better plan." He said grinning slightly as he jumped into the car just as I did. Well this should be entertaining.

A hour later Arden was grabbing the food and I was grabbing the paper work and we were heading into my house, inside I set the paperwork on the counter just as he set down the box of food.

"Im going to change into something more comfortable, tight dresses and five inch heels don't really go well with relaxing." I said and headed up the stairs.

# Arden

I was searching through the cabinets for wine glasses when I heard a bang behind me, it had come from outside of the house. Using my speed, I bolted to the front door swinging it open just as John and Cadence were stumbling through it, lips locked, hands all over each other as they scrambled to find their way to the couch.

"What in the..." I muttered as I stepped out of their way but when after a moment it became clear that they were going to give me no answers, I shut the door and started climbing the stairs. Giving the state of things down here, maybe Alys might have somewhere to work upstairs thats a bit quieter than its going to get down here.

As I walked up the spiral stair case, there was no door to indicate the beginning of a room, so I kept walking up until i reached the landing. In front of me on the wall is a painting of a single rose, the style of painting seems so familiar but I cant seem to place it, it has me so perplexed that I didn't even make it further or look around.

"Its da Vinci." I heard Alys call from across the room, I look over and my mouth would have dropped to the floor had it not still been attached to my jaw. She was wearing a loose fitted sweater, that dropped off of one shoulder and showed off her stomach and I must have interrupted her getting dressed because her bottom half was only wearing a pair of lacy black boyshorts. I let out a heavy breath as she continued, "Its an undiscovered piece, as it was given to my family personally from the artist, you are the first person to look upon it that is not from our family in...well just over five hundred years."

"Im sorry, I didn't mean to intrude." I manage to say after ive collected myself, and turn back to look at the painting.

"Are you sure you didn't?" She asks, her voice seductive and smooth sending a shiver down my spine and I can feel my growing arousal, straining against my zipper. I make sure to stay facing the painting and save myself the embarrassment, but another part of me is screaming to just go over there and take her, she obviously wants...something, maybe I'll just play along and I can feel the sinister smile growing across my lips.

"Yes, doesn't mean I regret it." I say coolly as I look over to the next item of decoration, their some sort of Egyptian jars.

"Canopic jars made of calcite, circa 950 or so BC...Arden what are you doing in my bedroom?" She asked, but she didn't seem offended or hurt in anyway. Thats when I look around and see the bed, I hadn't realized I was in her bedroom.

"Damn, um John and Cadence came home early. They are currently making out on the couch and showed no signs of stopping. I came up to ask if you had a place up here that might prove a bit quieter than essentially being in the same room with them. But I didn't know this whole floor was indeed your bedroom. I'll go see if I cant get them to move a bedroom." I say and turn to head back down the stairs.

"Wait..." I hear her call and look back up to meet her beautiful grey eyes. "If you bring the files and wine up here, I would have no problem with that, as long as I don't have to see my sister getting...dirty." She says with the sexiest giggle ive ever heard, what the hell is wrong with me. I nod and go back to descending the stairs. I have to get my head on straight, shes a mortal, maybe John can handle the fact that his girls may never want to be turned but falling in love is to much of a risk and she could say no to vampirism, it isn't exactly wonderful to want to kill people all the time, though I have had a long time to curb my cravings, I only need to eat maybe once every couple of days now and I never kill anymore. But what am I thinking about all of this for, I barely just met the girl. I shake my head and speed the rest of the way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The two love birds are still grinding each other on the couch, I collect everything and finally find two wine glasses and speed back up the stairs and into Alys's bedroom with them and pick a spot on the floor at the end of her bed and set everything up. She comes out of what looks to be a closet in the back of the enormous room now wearing a pair of sweat shorts, that are almost as short as the boy shorts she was wearing earlier, probably still wearing. I groan inwardly as she grabs a couple of large pillows from the far corner of the room and throws them on the floor for us. I pull off my dress jacket and toss it onto the bed and sit down, with a pillow propped against the end of her bed, I try and make myself comfortable. But I have a feeling I wont be comfortable until I leave this room again.

I look up and she is sitting only two feet from me, legs swung to one side and she leaning forward looking over some paperwork. Her hair has fallen over her right shoulder and her neck is exposed, I bite my lip and accidently draw a blood. I see her chest rise and fall as if she can scent it, which is strange even though we are close, humans usually cant smell that amount of blood. Curious, and curiouser still her hand is shaking as she reaches over and grabs the wine bottle and her eyes seem glazed over.

#Alys

I felt lightheaded for a moment but recovered quickly.

Shit, shit, shit, it has been too long since i have fed and the scent of his blood is so temptingly delicious, maybe some wine will help curb my appetite. Otherwise im screwed, I don't have any blood up here and with Cadence and John down on the main floor it means it would not likely go unnoticed if I opened up a bag down there, or anywhere in the house for that matter. I have two vampires living with me after all, fuck ive screwed myself over this time. I guess I am doing alright on one front though, I have kept my eyes on the paperwork instead of on the handsome piece beside me. Although earlier I almost slipped, who knew I could flirt over da Vinci. Im guessing he wouldn't have liked the idea that a painting he had given me was helping another man into my bed. He had always been a flirt but was most definitely not my type, especially since I was not the only woman he had his eye on. I smile, silly old man. I was so lost in thought that, I gasped as Arden's hand encased mine over the wine bottle as he went to take it from me.

My eyes shot up and his met mine, they glowed blue for a moment and then returned to their natural beautiful green.

"Are you alright?" Arden asked quietly. So much for distracting myself!

"Yeah, just lost in thought and wanted some wine. Mark doesn't seem like the type to murder, then theres the jealous ex, unfortunately we have no reason to believe either of them are not human and the autopsy report points more towards a vampire but mainly from the exsanguination. What I don't understand is why the cut along her front? It was done post mortem, so it was not a product of the fight she was drained of blood first which does explain why there was no blood found at the scene. They did find skin under her finger nails and hair on the body but without something to compare it to its useless." I was rambling at this point, just stating the obvious facts, "If the ex isn't the murderer he is most likely dead, same goes for Mark." I said as I accepted a glass of wine from him.

"You dated Mark right, I assume he didn't seem like a sup?" Arden asked.

"No I would have known." I said and took a sip of the delicious liquid that was in no way a match for what I really wanted.

"And the girl, she was human, in my opinion I don't believe the ex is anything more than human. You said the mother said he was possessive, most sups most of the time anyway only become possessive over mates. Unfortunately most sups will not date a human for more than a fling if they are not mates because the conversion is a hard line to cross. There for it is unlikely that he is or was a sup." Arden explained, it was a good theory but one we could only prove if we found the boy. We sat in silence for a while reading over some files, some useful some useless. It was nearly eleven before i looked up to see Arden staring at me.

Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers
12