Detective Spring Ch. 08

Story Info
The beginning of the end.
4.9k words
4.81
7.9k
20

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/15/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers

#Alys

I awoke covered in sweat. It seemed that the mental wounds I had endured would last longer than the physical ones. My face was covered in silent tears and I wiped them away as my blurry eyes gained focus. I found Arden had fallen asleep sitting up, watching me, and empty bags of blood sat on the bed beside him. Slowly I got up and moved across the small space to him and gently laid him down onto the bed.

I stared down at him. I had watched him die so many times. Watched them all die over and over again. When Mark wasn't having me physically tortured, he was there... drowning my mind in pain and sorrow. My worst fears realized every waking or sleeping moment. It had become impossible to tell what was real and what was of his making. Right until the very end, I had had enough in body and mind. I managed to find my way out of one of his illusions, or so I had thought, and all I remember is being so weak I could hardly move. He had asked me yet again to reveal myself to the council, but no matter what happened to me I would not put my sister in that danger. The physical torture began again, though I couldn't tell with what or remember how long it took. The next thing I truly felt was whatever weapon they brandished, cutting into my still beating heart. I screamed and then everything went black leaving only the pain.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I turned to find a towel and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I stopped dead in my tracks, seeing my body covered in freshly healed scars. A couple more hours and they would disappear and any evidence of them would be gone from my body forever. But that wasn't the worst part. When I looked into my own eyes, I could see the scars that Mark had left on the inside, the ones that would change me forever and never truly go away. I completely retreated into the shower until my back hit the wall and I sunk to the floor cradling my legs to my chest. I wish I was stronger right now, but it just wasn't going to happen. I cried quietly as the shower poured down on me.

I cried for long time until at some point I took off my dress and showered properly. The water was cold by the time I got out, but it had been refreshing. It gave me the chance to mourn fully for the person I had been only a short time ago and would never be again. For all that had been done to me and my family and now I could finally move on... we could move on.

I slipped on a white cotton robe that was hanging on the bathroom wall and took a towel to my hair, drying it. As I glanced into the mirror, I noticed Arden standing there in the doorway wearing only a pair of sweatpants. The lines of his toned body were accentuated by the light sweat that covered him.

"It should be illegal for immortals to look like you." I said, and bit my lip lightly while looking at his reflection in the mirror. I know I still looked a bit like hell, but those dungeons had done him no worse for wear. He smiled that sexy smile I love, the one that makes my legs go weak and took a couple steps toward me.

"You look much better. I hadn't expected you to heal so quickly, but I do understand why you didn't tell me...not many can be trusted with the secrets of the hybrid that we are. May I?" He asked, motioning to the back of the robe. I assumed he wanted to check on the scars.

"We are? Did I miss something?" I asked, as he pulled down the back of my robe and I grabbed the front of it to keep my breast covered.

"Half vampire, half witch and John is half vamp, half shifter and you...are complicated." He sighed, lightly brushing the tips of his fingers over the new scars. The fresh skin proving extremely sensitive to his touch. He carefully brushed my hair over my shoulder and as I could feel his warm breath against neck, my eyes involuntarily closed.

After everything that had happened and even with this intense attraction to each other, all we had ventured was a light brushing of lips...once. I desperately wanted to know the true feel of his lips on mine.

"Alys, I have to ask. Do you know what this is between us?" Arden asked seductively and brushed his lips against the vein on the side of my neck. I moaned softly and shook my head.

"As old as I am, I have never felt anything like this before, like you." I whispered, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. It all just felt so right, but so did it every time we got to this point when Mark was inside my head.

"Then you know what this must be. What we are, what I am to you?" He said, as more of a statement than a question. He continued to brush his lips over my shoulder, sending sparks flying against my skin as heat flooded my center.

Then all my suspicions are true... he is my mate and I am his. I can feel my possessive nature trying to rise up. I was possessive before, but with the darkness comes a need to claim and conquer which usually accompanies death hand in hand. It's been so long since I had a need to control this much power that it's going to take a while before I can gain full mastery over it. Before, I didn't control it, I just let it loose upon the world.

A single tear slips down each cheek as I turn in his arms to face him. He takes one hand and cups my face, sliding his fingers into my hair and wiping away my tear.

"This is real. I am here now and I am never going let you go." He assures, as he leans in slowly, his soft lips caress mine so perfectly. Tingles course through my veins until my entire body is practically vibrating. My hands on his hips pull him closer and he pins me to the vanity just as I feel his tongue gently probe past my lips, dancing with mine as he tastes me fully. The robe is still covering my breasts, but only because its squeezed between our bodies. I'm tempted to just let it go to feel his hard body against mine.

I moan softly, just touching him, kissing him, knowing that he is mine and mine alone. His hands slide down to my thighs and he lifts and sets me on the counter while settling between my legs. His warmth, his scent, wraps around me like a cloak pulling me deeper into the spell that is him. His kiss becomes possessive and demanding and my finger tips dig into his back. Both of us need this... need each other. I can feel my fangs start to elongate and I force them back, but not before one cuts my lip and blood drips down my chin.

"Damn!" I curse quietly, but the look he gives me is one of pure need as he sucks my bleeding lip into his mouth and tastes my blood for the first time since we saved John. But it heals too quickly and I sense he wants more. If he's reacting the same way I did to his blood, I understand why. He kisses me again, hard and bruising. He puts his hand on the tie to my robe and holds it there as if he's fighting an inner battle on whether to untie it or not. My hands find their way to the top of his pants and my fingers slide inside of the waist of them, slowly working their way around towards the front making his breath hitch in his throat.

He kisses down my chin and onto my neck as I lean, exposing my naked pulse to him, making him growl loudly. He wraps his arms around the back of my neck and shoulder, sinking his head into the vee at their junction. His teeth scrap my delicate skin and I whimper. Waiting has been utter torture, but for this to be real... for him to really be here... and not for this to be a dream, or Mark's doing. One thing that Mark never could muster was the vision of my mate biting me, or mating with me.

He makes a small cut and licks it, spreading his delicious venom into my system, relaxing me and setting me on fire all at once. "Arden." I breathe, and bite my lip.

"Alys!" Cadence calls from the bedroom. We both throw up a hand and the door slams shut instantly. "Funny, but you cant hide in there forever, that woman from the head of the council is here, she wants to talk to you."

"You can talk to her. You forget I'm not the only Ancient here." I responded, but don't move from my spot while Arden kept kissing my neck and shoulder and I can barely keep myself from moaning.

"We both know I'm not the Ancient she wants to talk to!" She insists again and I sigh deeply.

"Fine! Tell her we'll be out in a couple minutes." I snapped back. Arden stopped kissing my shoulder and looked at me with a frown. I hear Cadence walk off in a huff and I whisper, "I didn't say stop." And he grins widely, letting me see his sharp fangs. I shiver and he sinks his head again but this time he doesn't wait. A sharp pinch at my neck and then his fangs sink deep into my neck. I feel a pop and my blood gushes into his awaiting mouth. I moan loudly and he growls again, biting down even harder as my claws dig into his hip desperate for him to be closer. His hands slip down to my lower cheeks and he pulls me against him, pressing his length in me, making me moan again. "Arden," I say breathlessly and he growls again as he grinds himself into me.

"Arden, you know it's disrespectful to keep an elder waiting." John calls through the door just as Arden's hand finds it's way into my robe, cupping my breast. His thumb rubs over my nipple making me moan again. "No, matter what your doing."

Slowly he pulls his fangs from my neck and licks the excess blood until the wound heals and he kisses the still sensitive spot making me grip him tighter.

"This was a bad idea." I whisper desperately just before his lips claim mine again in a bruising passionate kiss. One of his hands sinks into my hair, while the other wraps around my back pulling me up and flush against his hard body. My arms wrapped around his neck and then he groaned and set me back on my feet.

"We will have plenty of time to finish this after." He assures breathlessly, as he rights my robe, but I can tell he doesn't want to stop either.

"I hope you're right...or I'll have to hold it against you." I tease, giving him another chaste kiss. I headed back into the bedroom and his groan of displeasure made me smile as I grabbed a tank and pair of sweats off of the cart. Feeling him staring at my back while I dress, which I purposely do a little slower than I should, I hear him groan again. I turn, walking slowly back to him as he fondles me with his eyes from head to toe.

"You're trouble." He complains softly, as he pulls me back into his arms and kisses me soundly.

"Well then, you better stay close in case you have to arrest me." I quip, as I seductively step out of his embrace while pressing a shirt into his chest. Wiping his face, he groaned again and took the shirt from me as I turned to head out of the bedroom.

"Finally." Cadence sighs, as I walk up to the Elder sitting on the couch. The woman stands as I extend my hand.

"I'm sorry I didn't catch your name yesterday in all the commotion?" I ask as she takes my hand.

"I am the High Elder Laura Cane but I've only been in the position for a couple of years. It's a pleasure to officially meet you. The council and I have a few questions for all of you." She says, and I motion for her to sit back down as John and Cadence sit down on the far end of the other couch while Arden comes and pulls me down next to him on the other end of the same couch.

"Alright, we'll answer as best we can." I state, and feel Arden's grip tighten around my side.

"We would like to know what your plans are from here, now that you don't have to hide?" Laura asks. She looks like a younger woman with her hair in a loose but neat bun high on the back of her head and stylishly sharp in a blue pinstripe pantsuit with a white button up underneath. She resembles one of those girls that would have been picked on in high school and then grows up successful.

"Oh, I haven't thought much about it past going back to my life... our lives and then we will figure it out from there considering our new circumstances and relationships." I answer thoughtfully.

"So this is new then?" She asks, noting me and Arden, then Cadence and John.

"Relatively." I say thinking back, but I couldn't really say for sure that I had known how long it had been.

"It's been just over two weeks." Cadence answers for me.

"Right." I nod to her.

"So you have no desire to rule?" She asks, looking cool as a cucumber, but something tells me she's nervous.

"No, why would I want that headache?" I say chuckling softly.

"You are the oldest living person on record and by right that would put you in a position of power and your sister too for that matter. Normally your hybrid DNA would negate it, but you two are not exactly normal are you?" She wonders with a nervous kind of smile.

"No we aren't, but I'm with Alys on this one. We don't want that headache." Cadence said, as she looked at me and we nodded in agreement.

"If that is truly the case, there are some things that need to be addressed." She says, and takes a deep breath making me tense a little. Arden immediately pulls me back against him, placing a kiss on my shoulder. "Since you are all hybrids and it is illegal to create a hybrid we needed to come up with a way to show our ruling. That we have not condemned you and furthermore, that you are in good standing, and... that we are in good standing with you." She says, digging around in her bag.

"A way to show that we're all friends?" John asks sitting forward.

"Exactly, but not just that, but that ...and here's the question... that you support our standing?" She asked, and stopped moving while meeting my gaze with a curious look.

"Meaning what?" Arden asks, but doesn't move.

"We would like the four of you to head up the Supernatural Enforcement Agency. You would still be doing what you were doing, but now you would also be running it." Laura says, pulling her hand out of her purse and handing me a leather folder with badge. The badge was like a normal badge for the most part. It stated the agency, but no precinct and where it would say Captain, or special agent, instead it said Special Hybrid Enforcer. "One of your main tasks would be to capture or eliminate the rest of the hostile Shade creatures."

"What makes you think we'd be right for your division?" I ask, passing the badge to Cadence.

"Arden and John have been in the private sector for years and we chose them for the agency because they have plenty of experience with our laws and dealing with sup's. You and your sister have been in hiding for so long that I'm certain that you know just as much about the human culture as you do about...well everyone else and if I understand correctly, you both have been in the same type of work as your partners. Not to mention that with your abilities, you will have no problem keeping the other enforcers in line and dealing with anything thrown your way." She explains, pulling out the other three badges and setting them on the table along with some paperwork.

"You understand we will want some time to discuss this amoungst ourselves?" John asks.

"Of course." Laura says.

"Giving consideration for all that has happened recently, we will need some...time if we were to accept your offer?" Arden questioned.

"Arrangements could be made to accommodate that." She offers, and then a small woman comes over and whispers in her ear and then quietly walks off. "I have been informed that we have found your personal items and your car, which was well hidden." She says, eyeing Arden and then motions to the papers she sat on the table. "This is all the information on the positions offered. Normal clothes have been appropriated for you and will be delivered shortly along with pardon papers in case you don't choose to accept my offer. You are free to go when ever you wish, but I would appreciate an answer before you leave. Or notification of when I would receive an answer." She finishes and stands. I stand as well and shake her hand.

"We will let you know once we have discussed it." I state and she smiles and walks swiftly out of the room. I drop back down and Arden pulls me across his lap and his lips are on mine, the heat from earlier flaming back up as if we never left the bedroom.

"Um, Alys?" Cadence says, trying to get my attention. But I just put up a finger, signaling for her to wait a minute and continue kissing him as his grip around me tightens. One of my hands slip into his hair as the other holds his neck. "Alys, we should really talk about this." She interrupts again, and Arden growls softly.

"Why don't we give them a minute?" John says quietly, and Cadence scoffs.

"Because I want to get out of here today and if I know Alys, we'll give them a minute and won't hear from them for the rest of the day or longer. Not to mention, that's a little too relaxed a position to be in when there are so many people with a sense of self entitlement around." Cadence explains, and I can't help but smile a little.

"What Cadence?" I sigh softly, as my lips leave his but that's the only part of me I move as he intensely stares into my eyes.

"We need to figure out what our next move is." She practically scolds me, and I smile and turn my head to look at her.

"Alright, what would you have us do?" I ask, and she stops being irritated and thinks for a moment.

"Simple, we go home. Tell that woman we will give her an answer before the next full moon and get the hell out of here before someone changes their mind and we have to fight our way out." She explained, and I opened my mouth to object, but she counters first. "No, just because it would apparently be easy for you doesn't mean we should chance it."

They wheeled the cart in with the regular clothes on it and I slid off of Arden's lap. "Actually I was going to say that I would rather not test the limits of my control until I've had a chance to settle back into them." I admitted, while picking through some clothes on the cart before settling on something I might like. "Go ahead and tell them and we'll leave in say...thirty minutes?" I suggested to Cadence and then walked back into my room to dress. I walked over and set my clothes down on the bed and waited. A moment later Cadence walks in behind me and without a word wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you." I murmured, as I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed.

"I thought I had lost you." She whispers painfully.

"Didn't you know...you cant get rid of me that easily." I smiled down at her.

"Alys, you know what I mean. We've had a lot of close calls throughout the years, but this was by far the closest." She explains and I pull her back to me.

"Thanks for saving me." I say, and feel her smile against my shoulder.

"Well you kind of saved me too. Now I'm going to go get dressed so we can get the hell out of her." She retorted and then walks back out of the room with a sigh.

Smiling, I turn around and slip off my sweat pants and pull on a pair of underwear as I hear the door open behind me followed by his sharp intake of breath. I take a shallow breath and he's spinning me around and pulling me against him. His kiss is passionate and bruising. One of his hands slip down to my thigh as he gently pushes me down onto the bed and lifts my leg around his hip. His other hand sinks into my hair as he caresses my thigh. I pull at his shirt lifting it up and over his head.

"We don't have time." I breathe, but still I wrap a hand behind his neck pulling him back to me as I pull my other leg up around his side. My other hand slipping down onto his lower back as his hardened length pressed into me through our clothes and I gasp softly, making him growl and grip me tighter as he presses into me just a little harder.

"I've never craved anything as I have craved you, Alys. I must taste you even if it is a small taste." He grins devilishly, as his fingers graze the line of my panties. His words make me shudder and he kisses down my body as he slips the offending material from me. His head sinks between my legs and he breathes deep and I feel him shiver as he groans. "Delicious." He breathes and then I feel his tongue slowly delve between my lips, tasting me fully. I moan as he groans again and I slip my legs over his shoulders and he wraps his arms around the back of them to hold my hips in place and sinks his tongue in as deep as he can and licks my walls. A curious move that feels divine, I moan again and sink my hands into my hair as he continues to lick me inside and out.

Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers
12