Devil May Care Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dey didn't think about how much she appreciated the fact that Loki had stopped tip toeing around the...incident. She wasn't sure if a professional shrink would say it was a good idea, and she might be setting herself up for future psych problems, but right now, joking about it felt better than...nothing.

Speaking of nothing, she didn't tell anything to Willowwind. Instead, she just said: "If I did, I'd have to kill you."

"Lieutenant," Colonel Atty said, warning.

"Sorry, sir," Dey said. "Chief, it was attained via physical interaction with one of the Mumbler's...emissaries, I think we can call them."

"Well, lets hope chemsci managed to synthesize it properly," Willowwind said. Zi applied a dollop of the liquid to the receipt. There was an immediate reaction. The knots unwound and spread outwards, unfolding and glowing.

The image they projected filled Dey with a sense of cold dread. It was a humanoid figure, wreathed in a shimmering warping of space/time, with a body made of the same utter blackness as Mordin had been. But where he had had definition that made him seem physical, this blackness was deeper and more pitiless. A pair of golden-red eyes glowed from the head and a palpable aura of menace radiated from the image alone. Then the image faded away.

"I think taking these suspects into custody may not be a pushover," Captain Moon said, quietly.

"I think you may be right," Colonel Atty said.

Dey crossed her arms over her chest.

The room felt colder.

Much colder.

TO BE CONTINUED.